PDA

View Full Version : MY Sweetwater trip diary!

Matthew328
12-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Here is a little diary from my road trip to Sweetwater! I shoulda brought a digital camera to take pics...ohh well

SATURDAY

8:00AM: Leave my apartment in Lake Worth, man it is cold out here!

8:10AM: Just got breakfast from Whataburger here in beautiful Lake Worth I gassed up over the RaceTrac! Time to hit the highway!

9:25AM: Just hitting this really steep incline just east of Ranger...once on the other side of the incline there is a noticeable change in terrain....I guess this is where West Texas begins.

9:30AM: Stopped at the Love's Travel Stop in Ranger, saw some Permian fans who I assume live in the Metroplex now heading to Lubbock for their butt kicking..I saw a car full of Everman fans too!

9:35PM: I lose reception to K104 FM...and there are no good radio stations in Abilene..this sucks..all my CD's were stolen about a month ago when my car got broken into...struggling

10:00AM: Just entered the Abilene city limits...looks like there is some growth on the eastside of town lots of development on the interstate..

10:10AM: Stopped at the Flying J in Tye. This place is always busy it seems like....I had to make a bathroom run..This place must be close to Dyess AFB, I am seeing several folks in Air Force gear.

10:55AM: Entered the Sweetwater city limits, whats up with Sweetwater Creek?? Kind of hard to have a creek with no water...weird

11:00AM: Just arrived at Allen's waiting for Git'R'Done Stangs and Stangirl2007, it's Git'R'Done Stangs' treat!

11:05AM: we are seated at Allen's, this place is very unique. We are seated at a big table with some complete strangers, and we are passing food back and forth...almost like at home for Thanksgiving...food was excellent!

11:50AM: leaving Allen's and heading to the stadium....I am noticing that the town doesn't seem nearly as busy as it was 15 years ago...you can tell it is a town on the decline.

11:55AM: Arrive at the Mustang Bowl, not much has changed except for the turf!

12:30PM: crowd is starting to file in, should be a good crowd even see some Aledo fans! Go Bulldogs!

1:30PM: Kick-off Everman vs. Wolfforth Frenship

2:10PM: Halftime Frenship is up 6-3, this is a game Everman should be winning two drops of sure touchdowns have really hurt.

3:30PM: Frenship just scores to make it 20-10, they have done nothing on offense except for 3 big plays but they've all been touchdowns.

3:50PM: Everman is trailing 20-16, and they just recover a Frenship fumble at their own 31....little more than two minutes left with one timeout..

3:55PM: Everman converts a 4th and 14 to move to the FHS 39...they are drving

3:57PM: Everman throws an INT....game over :(

4:20PM: Leaving Stadium after filing the story..heading to the Days Inn

4:30PM: Check in to the hotel, the girl at the front desk suggests eating at Azteca for post-game...she says its open til 2...I'll give it a shot!

5:00PM: Arrive back at the stadium for the second game between Littlefield-Early....chatting with my buddy from the Abilene Reporter...

6:15PM: Big crowd filing in for this game...I always heard West Texas had the most beautiful women around but I didn't believe them! Judging by the Littlefield crowd its true...MILF's everywhere!

6:30pm: Kick-off Littlefield vs. Early

7:15PM: A first half that just flew by, Littlefield is dominating they are up 14-0...

7:45PM: Git'R'DoneStangs arrvies back from Greenwood-Graham game and says the world famous Ranger Mom is on her way!

7:55PM: Ranger Mom plops down and sits right next to me while I am working! Of course she distratcs me from my stats and I lose track of what I am doing! Thanks RM LOL

8:30AM: Ranger_Mom her husband and her friend leave the game..her hubby seems like a cool guy..

9:05PM: Game is just about over, about to brave the cold for a post game interview...

9:10PM: Littlefield wins 33-28, interviewed LHS RB Stephen Vilojen, good kid kind of quiet though..

9:30pm: Fighting traffic to head to Azteca...

9:45PM: Arrive at Azteca, this place is really nice! There is a club part seperate from the restaraunt....I would love to head over there and see what Sweetwater has to offer in regards of the ladies but I'm not dressed...so I go sit in the restaraunt..

9:47PM: I am sitting down and I noticed my waitress is extremely attractive! Gonna check and see if she has a wedding ring!

9:49PM: NO RING!!! She brings me chips and salsa and takes my drink order...now time for small talk

9:51PM: Making small talk and I find out she is single! Time to go in for the kill...

10:00PM: Now she is sitting at the table with me talking! Great sign..I place my order (chicken fajitas) and I place an order for her phone # which she gives....this is going well! Could a possible return trip to Sweetwater be in order?? This girl is HOT!

10:30PM: I am done eating and I am stuffed...food was excellent and the waitress kept coming back sitting with me between doing her work stuff.....another plus

10:35PM: Leave the restaraunt..I offer to shake her hand but she gives me a hug!! Hmmmm

10:45PM: Arrive back at the hotel, and unpack and head to the shower...

11:05PM: While I am watching Hawaii vs. Oregon State and my phone rings and the girl at the front desk asks me to come down to the lobby...whats up with that?

11:10PM: I get dressed (it is COLD) and walk down to the lobby and the girl has a dimebag!! (Marijuana) She said someone dropped it and asked if it was mine! LOL I was like "Ummm no" I guess sometimes the way I dress people get the wrong idea..ohh well

SUNDAY

9:30AM: Wake up and hop in the shower to get ready to head home...not feeling well though...that food didn't sit to well with me...

10:00AM: Leave Sweetwaer and head home....I feel kind of sick (body is achy and I am warm)

12:45PM: Arrive back at my apartment and I feel awful...drink some Theraflu and take a nap...trip is over!

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
11:10PM: I get dressed (it is COLD) and walk down to the lobby and the girl has a dimebag!! (Marijuana) She said someone dropped it and asked if it was mine! LOL I was like "Ummm no" I guess sometimes the way I dress people get the wrong idea..ohh well

:clap: :clap: :clap: ...that's hilarious. She prolly heard you were from Everman! ;)

Matthew328
12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
LOL

BreckTxLonghorn
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Maybe that's her slick way of trying to sell it?

Damn, that had to be surreal...

sinton66
12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
10:00PM: Now she is sitting at the table with me talking! Great sign..I place my order (chicken fajitas) and I place an order for her phone # which she gives....this is going well! Could a possible return trip to Sweetwater be in order?? This girl is HOT!

My guess is yes.;)

Matthew328
12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
LOL good guess Tony!! I'm not too good at reading the ladies...maybe that comes with age and wisdom?? LOL

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
So did she give you the goods and if so what did you do with it?:thinking:

Matthew328
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
I think she threw it away....I sure didn't want it! LOL

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
What a waste :( lol

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Here is a little diary from my road trip to Sweetwater! I shoulda brought a digital camera to take pics...ohh well

What was her name?

Matthew328
12-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Come on I'm not gonna put her out like that..that would be wrong! LOL

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM

7:55PM: Ranger Mom plops down and sits right next to me while I am working! Of course she distratcs me from my stats and I lose track of what I am doing! Thanks RM LOL

8:30AM: Ranger_Mom her husband and her friend leave the game..her hubby seems like a cool guy..

First of all, I NEVER "plop".

Secondly, how was I a distraction?? My husband made the comment that I was relatively quiet...for once!!:p :D

BJG40
12-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I think Matt has "LOL'ed" after every reply. Must be all giddy from meeting that girl. *LOL*

BJG40
12-03-2006, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matthew328
[B]Here is a little diary from my road trip to Sweetwater! I shoulda brought a digital camera to take pics...ohh well

9:35PM: I lose reception to K104 FM...and there are no good radio stations in Abilene..this sucks..all my CD's were stolen about a month ago when my car got broken into...struggling

And yeah, I still dont have any hubcaps. hahhaa

Matthew328
12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Dude, you are horrible!! Get you some hubcaps!! Man you Castleberry folks are CHEAP!!

pirate4state
12-04-2006, 10:55 PM
11:10PM: I get dressed (it is COLD) and walk down to the lobby and the girl has a dimebag!! (Marijuana) She said someone dropped it and asked if it was mine! LOL I was like "Ummm no" I guess sometimes the way I dress people get the wrong idea..ohh well Whoa.... :eek: :eek: S4S has family in Sweetwater. :smoker: :smoker: :o ;)

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Whoa.... :eek: :eek: S4S has family in Sweetwater. :smoker: :smoker: :o ;)

ROFL!!!!:D

mustang04
12-04-2006, 11:17 PM
it might have been the stash we had put away when i was a youngin there...you know..the stash the dime-bag in the motel and come back for it years later scam...thanx for reminding me

Matthew328
12-04-2006, 11:18 PM
well make sure you let Sonjia and Tamesha at the Days Inn know they found your stash LOL