PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Tiger Turtle
03-02-2004, 10:14 AM
There will be an open casting call for extras for the film on Friday at Town & Country Mall in Houston. The ad is in the Houston section of today's Barnacle.

pirate4state
03-02-2004, 12:44 PM
For further casting info check out this web page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390022/)

booger1
03-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Where is it being filmed and when?

SintonFan
03-02-2004, 04:03 PM
The website says the shoot will be in Austin.

Dulce04
03-02-2004, 09:05 PM
This film is being shot in Austin but they are in Odessa right now for two weeks then on to Houston. Tim Mcgraw is playing one of the fathers of a football player. My father works on movies as a "honeywagon driver" so we get to meet a lot of the stars.

Old Tiger
03-02-2004, 09:11 PM
I can't wait till this movie comes out.

pirate4state
03-03-2004, 09:54 AM
From the wire reports:

The cast and crew of "Friday Night Lights" will move into Odessa tonight to begin shooting Thursday at Ratliff Stadium at the start of a three-week stay in the city, says publicist Ernie Malik.
The best-selling book by H.G. "Buzz" Bissinger focuses on the 1988 Permian team that lost in the state semi-finals.
Extras casting director Toni Cobb Brock said "a couple of hundred" locals have been called to be extras in the practice scenes this weekend and "thousands" will be called to fill Ratliff's 20,000 seats when the crew shoots the nighttime game scenes later this month.

Pretty cool--can't wait to see how it all translates onto the big screen.

Wonder if Ranger Mom will show up as an extra? wink

Bandera YaYa
03-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Are you sure the movie isn't about the Burnet Bulldogs, with the filming in Burnet???? :D :p
(Sorry, I couldn't resist! Just seems like EVERYTHING happens in Burnet!) :)

Hey, they should make a movie about Bandera's 2002 run to State..a real life Cinderella story......and, at least it would have a happy ending!! :D wink

<small>[ March 03, 2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
03-03-2004, 10:14 PM
pirate4state:
From the wire reports:

The cast and crew of "Friday Night Lights" will move into Odessa tonight to begin shooting Thursday at Ratliff Stadium at the start of a three-week stay in the city, says publicist Ernie Malik.
The best-selling book by H.G. "Buzz" Bissinger focuses on the 1988 Permian team that lost in the state semi-finals.
Extras casting director Toni Cobb Brock said "a couple of hundred" locals have been called to be extras in the practice scenes this weekend and "thousands" will be called to fill Ratliff's 20,000 seats when the crew shoots the nighttime game scenes later this month.

Pretty cool--can't wait to see how it all translates onto the big screen.

Wonder if Ranger Mom will show up as an extra? wink Heck, she sould have a major role in a movie about Friday Night Football!!!!! :D

lobo12
03-04-2004, 12:14 AM
it will be kind of different though, because ratliff now has artificial grass instead of astroturf and that has always been a really big deal about ratliff stadium. in my opinion anyway