PDA

View Full Version : BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!

PhiI C
06-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Spurs beat the Nets 4 -2 for 2003 NBA Championship. Way to go Spurs!

Bandera YaYa
06-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Phil, you are great!

SPURS - The best of the best!! :cool:

sinton66
06-24-2003, 11:10 PM
How do you REALLY feel about the Spurs, Phil? :D :D :D

Phil C
06-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Man I can't wait to wear my Spurs cap again to the football games! Of course I will be wearing my Sinton shirts. I have worn that cap to the games for the last three years but I am so happy to be wearing it this year since the Spurs are the NBA champions. I am still enjoying my special SI edition of the Spurs championship. What a great year and great Father's Day present the Spurs gave us. And a great series with the nets with outstanding defensive play.

SPURS BEAT NETS 4 - 2 IN NBA SERIES IN 2003

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD

PhiI C
06-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Well it is getting late and time for this old man to retire to bed but first I am going to watch the last fifteen minutes of the final game where the Spurs beat the Nets in the 6th game of the NBA championship. I am sure glad I recorded it.

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!

Phil C
06-26-2003, 02:32 PM
The 2002-03 NBA champions Spurs proved it was no fluke because they had the best NBA record with a fantastic record of 60-22 (Well Dallas did tie them but the Spurs had the tie breaker by having the best conference record to be the No. 1 seed. If the Houston Rockets had been in the Eastern Conference they would have made the playoffs). The the Spurs beat the Phoenic Suns 6-2. Then they dethroned the defending NBA champions and Shaq and Kobe 6 - 2. Then they beat the Dallas Mavs 6 - 2. In none of the series did it go to 7 games against tough competition. Then in the NBA championship series they beat the mighty Nets again bye the same score 6 - 2. Way to go Spurs!

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!!

PhiI C
06-30-2003, 10:55 PM
A little history lesson. In 1997 the Spurs won the coin flip for the first pick of the NBA draft. The only reason they had the coin flip was because David Robinson got hurt and could not play most of the year. Without Robinson the Spurs went from a playoff contender to last place and got the No. 1 pick. You hate for your top player to be hurt and it does make a difference but even in this adverse condition the Spurs made the best of it (Did they ever!) and drafted Tim Duncan who has been great for them and been the key factor in winning 2 NBA championships for them. It is strange how sometimes things work out. Of Course we all know the Spurs beat the Nets this year for the NBA Championship and Tim Duncan was voted MVP for the year and in the championship series. What a year for the Spurs!

BEST NBA CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES WE EVER HAD!

PhiI C
06-30-2003, 10:57 PM
And let's not forget it was a FANTASTIC choice when they drafted David Robinson too who also played very well against the Nets as his Spurs career ended.

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!