great game... Vince was pretty darn good today...:clap:

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Vince Stats

15/25 163yards 2 td's 2 int's
9 carries 78 yards

Phil C
12-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Houston you have a problem. Look at who you didn't choose with the first pick in the draft.

Good job Vince!

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm glad Houston didn't take him ;)

Sftball4Life
12-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Nice pic in today's Texarkana paper of Brandon Jones - former Liberty-Eylau Leopard!! WAY TO GO TITANS!!! We love you #81 :inlove:

g$$
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Vince Young is coming along nicely (now 5-4 as starter) & David Carr continues to regress. VY has all the intangibles no doubt. He is still an erratic passer, but gosh what an athlete & leader.

I hope he does well in the NFL & the Titans should improve rapidly in coming years (11 draft picks this year & $41 million under salary cap).

BTEXDAD
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I hope he does well in the NFL & the Titans should improve rapidly in coming years (11 draft picks this year & $41 million under salary cap).

11 draft picks in upcoming draft? Wow! Could be team to be reckoned with in 2-3 yrs.

BTEXDAD
12-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Vince Young is coming along nicely (now 5-4 as starter) & David Carr continues to regress.

I was one who thought the trading down of draft pick for more picks was correct thing to do for Texans. Don't know if they tried that or not last spring.
IMO drafting RB wasn't necessary due to having Domanick Davis and I'm still not sold on Bush for being anything but super 3rd down back. Drafting QB wasn't necessary due to having Carr, who I thought would do much better with retooled offense.
Then Texans totally shocked me by taking d lineman with #1 overall pick.
Davis is hurt and Carr is getting worse instead of better. Seems to have really gotten happy feet in the pocket from all the hits he's taken over the years.
So in one way I was right in that more draft picks could have possibly helped texans with all their weaknesses. O-line, safeties, tight end, OLBs, punter.
In another way I was completely wrong, because now I feel they need a RB and a QB as well. They simply had/have too many weaknesses to fill in one draft.

g$$
12-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
11 draft picks in upcoming draft? Wow! Could be team to be reckoned with in 2-3 yrs.

Yes, those #s are correct. The Titans unloaded lots of salary looking to rebuild & now it may pay off if they draft well again & make smart moves. The future certainly looks bright. They have some key guys currently injured too.

Bud Adams may actually live to see a SB Champion!

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Vince Young is coming along nicely (now 5-4 as starter) & David Carr continues to regress. VY has all the intangibles no doubt. He is still an erratic passer, but gosh what an athlete & leader.

I thought a team was only allowed to have 10 draft picks...

g$$
12-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I was one who thought the trading down of draft pick for more picks was correct thing to do for Texans. Don't know if they tried that or not last spring.
IMO drafting RB wasn't necessary due to having Domanick Davis and I'm still not sold on Bush for being anything but super 3rd down back. Drafting QB wasn't necessary due to having Carr, who I thought would do much better with retooled offense.
Then Texans totally shocked me by taking d lineman with #1 overall pick.
Davis is hurt and Carr is getting worse instead of better. Seems to have really gotten happy feet in the pocket from all the hits he's taken over the years.
So in one way I was right in that more draft picks could have possibly helped texans with all their weaknesses. O-line, safeties, tight end, OLBs, punter.
In another way I was completely wrong, because now I feel they need a RB and a QB as well. They simply had/have too many weaknesses to fill in one draft.

Agreed on all points. The damage done by Casserley & Capers is way too much to fix in one draft or even 2-3 drafts. Kubiak has his work cut out for him to upgrade the roster (& GM Rick Smith).

IMO, trading down & getting multiple picks was the thing to do last year. I do think Mario Williams will be a good player, but not worthy of the #1 overall pick. The Texans have so many holes (O-line, secondary, LBs, now RB, QB??, etc.). LB Ryans is a player, & TE Daniels & OT Spencer have been bright spots too (Spencer now hurt & out for year).

Last year's draft was pretty darn good overall (Williams, Ryans, Spencer, Daniels, etc.). But it will take years to start over & build a winner. Good luck Kubes!

g$$
12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I thought a team was only allowed to have 10 draft picks...

NO, not if you have acquired multiple picks like the Titans have done the past couple of years. Titans have 11 picks as of now for the Spring (they will probably package some of them to move up, etc. or trade back & have more next year). They will not draft 11 due to salary cap reasons, etc. But it is a good problem to have.

JasperDog94
12-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by g$$
...it will take years to start over & build a winner. I think you have to start before you can start over.:( :doh: :doh:

g$$
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I think you have to start before you can start over.:( :doh: :doh:

Matter of semantics here. "Start over" meaning basically from scratch was my point. LONG way to go no doubt.

JasperDog94
12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Week 13

Carr - 7/14 for 32 yards. Are you kidding me? No TDs or INTs. 3 rushes for 5 yards.
Young - 15/25 for 163 yards. 2 TDs and 2 INTs. 9 rushes for 78 yards.

Youngs numbers are terrific, but they are solid. More and more fans around here (Houston) are getting frustrated. It will be interesting to see what happens this Sunday when Vince is in town.

What's the over/under on David Carr getting booed?

JasperDog94
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Matter of semantics here. "Start over" meaning basically from scratch was my point. LONG way to go no doubt. I know. I was just messing with you. I was diggin' on the Texans.

g$$
12-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Week 13

Carr - 7/14 for 32 yards. Are you kidding me? No TDs or INTs. 3 rushes for 5 yards.
Young - 15/25 for 163 yards. 2 TDs and 2 INTs. 9 rushes for 78 yards.

Youngs numbers are terrific, but they are solid. More and more fans around here (Houston) are getting frustrated. It will be interesting to see what happens this Sunday when Vince is in town.

What's the over/under on David Carr getting booed?

Highly likely Carr will be booed Sunday at Reliant, & probably deserved too. I hope VY lights up Houston & starts the "get rid of Carr" chant going full bore! Never have believed in Carr to lead a team. Other holes on team no doubt, but not a fan of Carr. Never have been, getting his haircut on local tv was the last straw last year.

stxfootballfan
12-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Highly likely Carr will be booed Sunday at Reliant, & probably deserved too. I hope VY lights up Houston & starts the "get rid of Carr" chant going full bore! Never have believed in Carr to lead a team. Other holes on team no doubt, but not a fan of Carr. Never have been, getting his haircut on local tv was the last straw last year.

I cant wait, ill be there sporting my Vince Young Titans T!

JasperDog94
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
I cant wait, ill be there sporting my Vince Young Titans T! You and probably half the crowd. I was at the Rockets game last week and say 3 or 4 V. Young jerseys.