PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush....he's not too bad

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 03:53 PM
9 carries for 27 yards and 2TD's
9 catches for 131 yards and 1TD

Almost had another TD but he bobbled the ball at the 20 when he was heading to the endzone and had to hold onto the ball and step out of bounds at the 10.

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
and just as I post that he goes in for his 4th touchdown of the game on a 10 yard reverse.

awizzy
12-03-2006, 03:59 PM
uhh houston we have a problem

BTEXDAD
12-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and just as I post that he goes in for his 4th touchdown of the game on a 10 yard reverse.

As I called him b4 season, Bush is a glorified Eric Metcalf.
I had Metcalf on my fantasy team back in the 90's and he also scored four tds in one game for the browns.
Of course I didn't even have him in my starting lineup. I played him the next week and he had about 10 yds rushing 10yds receiving. So he went back to the bench never to be heard from again. I would guess there were a lot of fantasy teams that had Bush on roster but weren't playing him.

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
As I called him b4 season, Bush is a glorified Eric Metcalf.
I had Metcalf on my fantasy team back in the 90's and he also scored four tds in one game for the browns.
Of course I didn't even have him in my starting lineup. I played him the next week and he had about 10 yds rushing 10yds receiving. So he went back to the bench never to be heard from again. I would guess there were a lot of fantasy teams that had Bush on roster but weren't playing him.

I played him this week! ;)

Didn't matter though when Chris Henry doesn't catch a pass, Greg Jennings caught 1 for 12 yards, and Brandon Jacobs couldn't find the endzone. Oh...and I have 2 of the great fantasy QB's of the season in Grossman and Manning (I have Romo as well). It's impossible to pick between those two every week and Manning finally put up a few yards...and then Romo has a good game but no TD's!!! Such is the case of the last place team! :mad:

BTEXDAD
12-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I played him this week! ;)

Didn't matter though when Chris Henry doesn't catch a pass, Greg Jennings caught 1 for 12 yards, and Brandon Jacobs couldn't find the endzone. Oh...and I have 2 of the great fantasy QB's of the season in Grossman and Manning (I have Romo as well). It's impossible to pick between those two every week and Manning finally put up a few yards...and then Romo has a good game but no TD's!!! Such is the case of the last place team! :mad:

I compliment you tremendously on having had bush in the lineup. However, I have serious questions about some of your draft picks. LOL. Hang in there. Some of those players are due.

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I compliment you tremendously on having had bush in the lineup. However, I have serious questions about some of your draft picks. LOL. Hang in there. Some of those players are due.

most of those guys (Jennings, Henry, Grossman, Jacobs) were picked up during the season. Oh...and I didn't even include DeVery (sp) Henderson and his stellar numbers from yesterday.

I started the year with Lamont Jordan (a fantasy stud) as my #1 RB and Manning and Rivers as my QB's. Well...Rivers didn't really become "fantasy productive" Week 5 or 6...and by that time I had dropped him (he had no trade value before Week 5) and picked up Grossman early enough that I got some good weeks out of him. However, I had guys like Chad Johnson and Jordan that were doing NOTHING at all for me. Well finally the Arizona game comes along where Grossman has 6 TO's. I lose that week by 2 points thanks to him. I threw out 1 or 2 trade offers for him but didn't have any takers. I was able to cancel one offer before it was accepted as the RB I wanted went on IR...the same place that Jordan ended up. That Arizona game he looked SO bad that nobody wanted to take him after that.

I had a combination of a poor draft position, a mediocore draft where I was never really pleased with ANY of my top picks (Johnson, Jordan, Manning) and though I grabbed a few value picks (Jennings a FA, Stallworth in the late rounds, Reggie Brown for a while as a FA)...injuries to those teams QB's really killed their value. Oh well...one more week...then I miss the playoffs (even the consolation playoffs aka the losers bracket) for the first time in the 7 or 8 years I've been playing...and life will move on! ;)

Phil C
12-04-2006, 09:41 AM
He is now making great. The only thing is he shouldn't ever go to the air like he did on one td. That risks injury in the NFL. Houston is looking so foolish for first passing on VY and then Reggie. What a blunder. Not that Maurio isn't any good. He just should have been the fourth pick.

awizzy
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
bush is starting to play good? or the saints are just now getting him the ball either way its scares me bc the boys got him next week

WOS1
12-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Most of the guys who gambled and took VY and RB in our league are no longer in playoff contention. It's just not worth taking a first year QB or a rookie RB who has an established back in front of him. The guy in our league who has Reggie scored a bunch of points yesterday, for his 3rd win of the season...:p

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Most of the guys who gambled and took VY and RB in our league are no longer in playoff contention. It's just not worth taking a first year QB or a rookie RB who has an established back in front of him. The guy in our league who has Reggie scored a bunch of points yesterday, for his 3rd win of the season...:p

I picked up Reggie as a backup running back in the 6th or 7th round. Kinda wish I had taken Marion Barber or Frank Gore! :mad: