PDA

View Full Version : Hondo's Fake Field Goal?

Trap Bait
12-03-2006, 01:37 PM
the reason behind the fake field goal was to send a message to wimberly.

Hey Hondo, We got the message loud and clear! The only hope you guys have is the possibility that we might over look you guys for Giddings/Liberty Hill. Wrong!

The only thing that "fake field goal" did was make it worse than it was already going to be.

You just screwed up!

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 02:21 PM
lol we skrewed up how is that? didnt it work? didnt we win? and if your refering to sending a message im pretty sure it worked because it is showing wimberly what we can do then turn around and do something different

Emerson1
12-03-2006, 02:26 PM
So what happened?

Bull Butter
12-03-2006, 03:02 PM
It's showing Wimberly that the Hondo coach is a jerk and deserves to have the score run up on him next week!

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 03:05 PM
I dont think there will be too many opportunities for Hondo to even ATTEMPT a field goal, much less fake one...if they get in the red zone, they'll need every point they can get. I predict they will get in the red zone no more than 3 times, and maybe score once. In other words, I am predicting a blow out....Wimberley by many, many points.

Hansum Stranger
12-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
It's showing Wimberly that the Hondo coach is a jerk and deserves to have the score run up on him next week!

Any Coach that tries to run the score up shows a lack of class. If any fan sees anything good about a coach running up the score, then they to show a lack of class.

yourboss319
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM
alright alright this is for the people who is saying Wimberley is gonna "Blow out" Hondo... WAKE UP.. i want you to remember those words and the ones you are saying come friday night after the game and when you look up at the score board

mchavez
12-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Can somebody inform the people that don't know about this what happen?

Chris Hart
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Wimberley WILL blow out Hondo

again....:D

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by yourboss319
alright alright this is for the people who is saying Wimberley is gonna "Blow out" Hondo... WAKE UP.. i want you to remember those words and the ones you are saying come friday night after the game and when you look up at the score board

YourBoss...you got it. I will remember them, you can be sure of it.

turbostud
12-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I just checked out Wimberley's schedule. They played a tough schedule this year.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 04:01 PM
No doubt Turbostud...a VERY tough schedule. So has Liberty Hill...even tougher. Hondo's "toughness of schedule" rating is 121 out of 174 teams in 3A (Massey ratings). Some may say these ratings dont mean anything, but THIS particular rating does...in other words, Hondo has had a pretty easy go of it, and has NOT met up with a team anywhere near the caliber of a Wimberley, Cuero, Liberty Hill or Giddings. Orange Grove is not even rated in the top 50 teams in the state.

Also, Hondo's defensive rating of #23 will not be able to keep up with Wimberleys offense (#4). They will have to "out score" Wimberley cuz they wont be able to stop our offense from scoring. They dont have the offensive punch to do this...Wimberley by a bunch.

Bull Butter
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Can somebody inform the people that don't know about this what happen?

Hondo scored a TD yesterday on a fake FG with a 31 point lead and about 3 minutes remaining in the game. Despite being up 34-3, Hondo needed the 6 points (in their coach's mind)

Stownhorse
12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
What was the final on that game?

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 04:51 PM
the final was 47-3 ... but you act like other teams dont urn up scores!!!! look at wimberly and gilmer and any other team that has played a so called decent team if they get a chance they run up the score so quit your complaining and get over it

bjrod9
12-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
the final was 47-3 ... but you act like other teams dont urn up scores!!!! look at wimberly and gilmer and any other team that has played a so called decent team if they get a chance they run up the score so quit your complaining and get over it

40-3

wooden bear
12-03-2006, 05:27 PM
The coach will get what he deserves this week when wimberley hands it to them.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 05:28 PM
i heard it was 47-3

JakefootballGOD
12-03-2006, 05:50 PM
hey boosty.hondo...should be busty....you have no clue what your talking about, so just shut it. the final was 40 to 3 get it right or shut it

You didn't attend the game, you have no idea, your coach has no class, i feel sorry for those kids in hondo. They have alot of class expect for the coach, he flat out tried to run up the score. Not only did he call a fake field goal, right before that he is still call deep balls down the field.

Also there busty, how do you know that the texans can't beat hondo. you dont even go to the game...texans will beat hondo

yourboss319
12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
wait.. didnt boosty go to the game?? right

JakefootballGOD
12-03-2006, 06:49 PM
if he did, why doesn't he know the score then

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 07:01 PM
We need Carter on this thread to "mature it up" a bit.

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
No doubt Turbostud...a VERY tough schedule. So has Liberty Hill...even tougher. Hondo's "toughness of schedule" rating is 121 out of 174 teams in 3A (Massey ratings). Some may say these ratings dont mean anything, but THIS particular rating does...in other words, Hondo has had a pretty easy go of it, and has NOT met up with a team anywhere near the caliber of a Wimberley, Cuero, Liberty Hill or Giddings. Orange Grove is not even rated in the top 50 teams in the state.

Also, Hondo's defensive rating of #23 will not be able to keep up with Wimberleys offense (#4). They will have to "out score" Wimberley cuz they wont be able to stop our offense from scoring. They dont have the offensive punch to do this...Wimberley by a bunch. Orange Grove was WAY underrated and Hondo crushed them. Hondo is no slouch. I think alot of Wimberly fans will be shocked at what they see from Hondo. In no way shape or form will Wimberly blow out Hondo. Period.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
if he did, why doesn't he know the score then
i did go to the game but i left after the first half because it was really going to be boring the second half and the people i went with wanted to go to another game so ya

sotxrat
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I watched the entire game, to the bitter end. I knew and I could tell by the way OG defense lined up on the field goal that Og expected a fake fg. The quarterback had to make a decent throw to receiver because he was covered. The reason that I knew that Hondo would fake it was because of the previous offensive series in which Hondo passed the ball quite a bit, the game was well in hand for Hondo and they could move the ball by running but decided for whatever reason to work on their passing game. Anyway, they drove to a td. So it was obvious to me that they would try a fake fg and they were successful. I do not agree with the coach from Hondo playing the last two offensive series like that but I am sure he has his reasons. He does not run his team on what fans think and I would not either. I think one of them is to give their next opponent more to work on, maybe. This is just the way I saw it.. But what does confuse me is that the coach could of tried the fg because i believe that the Hondo kicker did miss 2 extra points, including the one after the successful fake. He may of needed the practice under game conditions for a later game.

I am a OG fan but I wish Hondo all the luck in their game.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Orange Grove was WAY underrated and Hondo crushed them. Hondo is no slouch. I think alot of Wimberly fans will be shocked at what they see from Hondo. In no way shape or form will Wimberly blow out Hondo. Period.

From what I saw, OG wasnt underrated one bit...not one bit at all. They looked like a JV team out there in size and speed (minus one or two guys who had some wheels). They were out-classed in every category...even the composure category.

I agree, though, that Hondo is no slouch. They are good, no doubt. I just dont think they are a top 4 team. Friday will prove me right or wrong.

Bandera YaYa
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I dont think there will be too many opportunities for Hondo to even ATTEMPT a field goal, much less fake one...if they get in the red zone, they'll need every point they can get. I predict they will get in the red zone no more than 3 times, and maybe score once. In other words, I am predicting a blow out....Wimberley by many, many points. I have to say I hope you have to eat your words. Such trash talk usually back fires on you. I have seen HOndo play and they are really really good. But anything can happen on any given night of play, you should realize that. The team that plays better will win. It really comes down to that, doesn't it. But, I hope Hondo beats the crud outta Wimberley....nothing would make me happier! GO OWLS GO....BEAT WIMBERLEY!!!! that said, good luck to both teams and may they play to their best ability, with no injuries. GO HONDO!!!! :D :D :kiss:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2006, 09:09 PM
i havent seen Wimberley play, last time i seen them play was a playoff loss to Cuero couple years ago. Hondo i saw them last year against Sinton and their Defense was avg to below avg which i think didnt help against the Texans last year. This year team is just as good offensively and much better defensively which could help them stay in the game and give the offense a chance to get going. Good luck to both teams i think it be a close game before Texans speed which i think it took to take out Cuero will be the reason the Texans win 35-19

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 09:11 PM
BanderaYaYa...Dont get upset with me. You didnt see me talk like this for the Cuero game. Nor the Liberty Hill game, nor the Abilene Wylie game, nor the Giddings game, nor the Liberty-Eylau game. The reason? I knew those teams were top notch teams. Hondo just isnt. Sorry if you think its trash talk, its not. Is it impossible for Hondo to win? Of course not. Improbable? Definitely.

I respect Hondo, I know their history of success, and I know they are a good team with great fans. They just simply arent a top 4 team in 3A. Not in D2 anyway.

Bandera YaYa
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
BanderaYaYa...Dont get upset with me. You didnt see me talk like this for the Cuero game. Nor the Liberty Hill game, nor the Abilene Wylie game, nor the Giddings game, nor the Liberty-Eylau game. The reason? I knew those teams were top notch teams. Hondo just isnt. Sorry if you think its trash talk, its not. Is it impossible for Hondo to win? Of course not. Improbable? Definitely.

I respect Hondo, I know their history of success, and I know they are a good team with great fans. They just simply arent a top 4 team in 3A. Not in D2 anyway. Ha....I just have to laugh at your theory about them not being a top team in 3A......hey, I remember everyone saying the same about us in '02......no way were we gonna win state.....IMPOSSIBLE they said ......never listed as the favorite...and I mean NEVER. Ha...just saying no one knows for sure, now do they...but I respect your opinion, just saying no one knows for sure. :)

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Of course I dont "know for sure". Its just my view on it. If I am wrong, I will admit it and give credit where credit is due. I am confident I wont need to. But I stand by what I said...they are not a top 4 3A team.

Bandera YaYa
12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Of course I dont "know for sure". Its just my view on it. If I am wrong, I will admit it and give credit where credit is due. I am confident I wont need to. But I stand by what I said...they are not a top 4 3A team. Fair enough....and I say, no way Hondo should be dismissed in this game. I'm for the Owls all the way!!!! :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I picked up on that earlier!!!

Bandera YaYa
12-04-2006, 12:07 AM
I picked up on that earlier!!! :kiss:

Eagles52
12-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo

The final score doesn't bother me because I'm all for playing hard and getting better each week regardless of who the opponent is. I think you have to run your offense and your game plan/scheme (maybe put in the backups at some point) to make sure you get something out of a game with a team that can't be competitive with you. But a fake field goal with that big of a lead just reeks of a lack of class.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
ok i found out that this was sending a message to wimberly that if you play dirty (such as OG did) we will not actually fight on the field we will jsut beat you even worse on the scoreboard ... ya go ahead an keep criticizing coach wells but get over it you should be criticizing OG players for playing the way that they did it was ridiculous supposibly the best team to go thorugh there well maybe athlete wise but most definantly not a composure, respect, or dicipline

GreenMachine
12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Okay, I saw Wimberley first hand on Friday night and was very impressed as they handed it to my Gobblers like I thought no one could. If they bring that intensity to the Hondo game it will be a one sided game, no offense Hondo. If they don't bring that kind of intensity, Hondo could make a decent game out of it. My prediction after seeing them, without having seen Hondo mind you, is Wimberley by SEVERAL td's. I have joined the Wimberley bandwagon because I think they have a better chance than Hondo to bring the championship to D4 and shut some of the weak D4 posters up! :thumbsup:

pancho villa
12-04-2006, 11:45 AM
It is the job of the other defense to stop the offense. That said OG should learn to play better Defense or quit crying.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
It is the job of the other defense to stop the offense. That said OG should learn to play better Defense or quit crying.

i agree and also some one said the defense knew it was coming !!!! so why couldnt they stop it....makes no sense to me

sotxrat
12-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Quote from Boosty: ok i found out that this was sending a message to wimberly that if you play dirty (such as OG did) we will not actually fight on the field we will jsut beat you even worse on the scoreboard ... ya go ahead an keep criticizing coach wells but get over it you should be criticizing OG players for playing the way that they did it was ridiculous supposibly the best team to go thorugh there well maybe athlete wise but most definantly not a composure, respect, or dicipline

Bootsy, I am sure you found this out from your buddies back in Hondo but I think you are digging a deeper hole by indicating that the coach used the excuse of dirty play to run the fake fg. I am sure he had his reasons but dirty play was not it. I do not know Hondo's coach but I know many coaches across this state and they have more respect for their fellow coaches and the game itself to use that reason to run a fake fg at that time in the game. I am sure Hondo's coach is like the other coaches that I know, so I think it is best for you to start commenting on the upcoming game with Wimberly and to quit commenting on what happened in a game that is over.

I really have but one response to your comment about composure, respect or discipline of the OG players, I guess that the Hondo players were complete angels in the pile ups which resulted in the OG players to get ejected. You know and I know what goes on in that mess.

Good Luck against Wimberley and I really do want Hondo to win!!