PDA

View Full Version : GREENWOOD......too cocky ??

Dominicfrank
12-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Can anyone from the Graham side say this about them. I just read two atricles about the game and the coach and the QB seem very arrogant. I was turned off immediatley and wish for their failure. You dont come out and say " We knew they couldnt stop our offense." Or from the coach "They must be mad from the last time our line dominated them" Win with class guys, say stuff like " GRaham was a tough team and you know how hard it is to beat a team twice in the same season. Hats off to them....." I hope Vernon takes it to you guys. I know that you havent seen anything like Aston Whiteside and I know we have seen plenty of flashy runners like your QB seems to be.

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Do you have links to the articles you read? I think you'll find that NONE of the Greenwood POSTERS are cocky or arrogant, far from it. Post the link.

carter08
12-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Do you have links to the articles you read? I think you'll find that NONE of the Greenwood POSTERS are cocky or arrogant, far from it. Post the link.

He can't post the link
he isn't smart enough

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Here's the link to the Midland paper report.

Midland/Graham game (http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17543597&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475011&rfi=6)

A couple of comments:

1 - Read it for yourself. Was Washington confident of their ability or was he disrespecting Graham?

2-I heard these guys talk this week. They were confident that if they played well, they thought they could win. They also knew that if they didn't Graham would beat their butts in a heartbeat. I guarantee you that they prepared hard to play Graham.

3-There is no comment or anything similiar to it by our coach in this article as stated by dominicfrank. It would be totally out of character for him to do that. I would like to see that article with that quote. d-frank either misquoted him or it was taken out of context.

gobbler grad
12-03-2006, 12:30 PM
sounds like a little jealousy there...:hand:
another newbie...:doh:

Cameron Crazy
12-03-2006, 12:32 PM
From the looks of it they werent cocky..Just confident great game Rangers and good luck against the lions of Vernon!

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
sounds like a little jealousy there...:hand:
another newbie...:doh:

he's a Vernon poster...see how he stated "I hope Vernon takes it to you guys. I know that you havent seen anything like Aston Whiteside and I know we have seen plenty of flashy runners like your QB seems to be." Just starting the trash talk early! ;)

tigerbyheart
12-03-2006, 12:33 PM
GREENWOOD is probably the LEAST COCKY team out there....
They play great football and go into the game with the attitude that they can win... I don't call it cocky, I call it confidence in their team...I think alot of teams go out there with a confidence that they can win.....

That being said.....GO GREENWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Here's the link to the Midland paper report.

Midland/Graham game (http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17543597&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475011&rfi=6)

A couple of comments:

1 - Read it for yourself. Was Washington confident of their ability or was he disrespecting Graham?

2-I heard these guys talk this week. They were confident that if they played well, they thought they could win. They also knew that if they didn't Graham would beat their butts in a heartbeat. I guarantee you that they prepared hard to play Graham.

3-There is no comment or anything similiar to it by our coach in this article as stated by dominicfrank. It would be totally out of character for him to do that. I would like to see that article with that quote. d-frank either misquoted him or it was taken out of context.

Thanks for the link. I didn't read anything cocky. Just confidence in his teammates. The coaches' comments didn't appear like anything any other coach would say.

:confused:

Oh well....

TacklingDummy
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Greenwood had class, and yeah they got some mouths but they got the snuff to back it up. They played a very good game with minimal mistakes and had a fire under their rears that was hard to stop. Good luck in the playoffs rangers.

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Greenwood had class, and yeah they got some mouths but they got the snuff to back it up. They played a very good game with minimal mistakes and had a fire under their rears that was hard to stop. Good luck in the playoffs rangers.

You guys were the ones who came out with "a fire under your rear." Most of us in the stands have seen Greenwood come back in the 2nd half on several occasions but when it was 10-0 it looked like we were in big trouble.

Coach Taylor's comments on the other hand were the opposite of cocky. He acknowledged Graham's incredible game last week and how tough it is to play the next week after that kind of game.

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Greenwood had class, and yeah they got some mouths but they got the snuff to back it up.

No doubt about it, we have a few trash talkers. Just about every team does. These are 16, 17 and 18 year olds and sometimes they just don't act mature. Heck, a lot of our fans don't!

It's a dilemma most coaches have to deal with. You want your team to be aggressive and confident. After all, this isn't the "Mother May I" game. But you do won't them to act like they have enough self worth that they don't have to rub it in somebody's face with every accomplishment.

I'm sure Graham is a classy program because I hear nothing but good about coach McCoy.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
You guys were the ones who came out with "a fire under your rear." Most of us in the stands have seen Greenwood come back in the 2nd half on several occasions but when it was 10-0 it looked like we were in big trouble.

Coach Taylor's comments on the other hand were the opposite of cocky. He acknowledged Graham's incredible game last week and how tough it is to play the next week after that kind of game.

I find it laughable that anyone can call Coach Taylor "cocky"...he has got to be the most mild mannered coach I have ever seen. Heck, I would LOVE to see him get mad, jump up and down, throw his cap and yell at the refs. I don't get to see that very often AT ALL!

Dominic, Greenwood isnt' well represented on this board like some other schools are, there is me and GWOOD, and maybe a couple of others...but we are pretty much it. But....i can guarantee you, you keep this up, there are plenty of other posters who will jump to Greenwood's defense.

I know you from the "other board"..I moderate over there also, I just don't post much. You won't get by with the crap over here that you do over there!!

If I wanted to "lower myself" like you have....I could share a few not so complimentary tidbits of info I have been given about the Vernon team....but since I have more class than that, I choose not to!!

mrescape43
12-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I find it laughable that anyone can call Coach Taylor "cocky"...he has got to be the most mild mannered coach I have ever seen. Heck, I would LOVE to see him get mad, jump up and down, throw his cap and yell at the refs. I don't get to see that very often AT ALL!

Dominic, Greenwood isnt' well represented on this board like some other schools are, there is me and GWOOD, and maybe a couple of others...but we are pretty much it. But....i can guarantee you, you keep this up, there are plenty of other posters who will jump to Greenwood's defense.

I know you from the "other board"..I moderate over there also, I just don't post much. You won't get by with the crap over here that you do over there!!

If I wanted to "lower myself" like you have....I could share a few not so complimentary tidbits of info I have been given about the Vernon team....but since I have more class than that, I choose not to!!

Greenwood has the support of a majority of the Snyder posters for their playoff run! Go Rangers

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 01:37 PM

Now see...that's confidence...not arrogance or too cocky!

mchavez
12-03-2006, 01:39 PM

Man guys calm down!! Their's been 5 other people that have already jumped on his case!! They're are pleanty of other post that are far worst then this!! Ya'll are acting like you cussed your sister!

And BTW, go ahead and share thoughs "not so complimentry tidbits" I would love to laugh over the BS someone's given you!!

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Man guys calm down!! Their's been 5 other people that have already jumped on his case!! They're are pleanty of other post that are far worst then this!! Ya'll are acting like you cussed your sister!

You gotta' back up what you say. If you can't, you get jumped on. That's life.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 01:47 PM

And BTW, go ahead and share thoughs "not so complimentry tidbits" I would love to laugh over the BS someone's given you!!

I already said I wasn't saying anything, you will have to go elsewhere to get your giggles!

I will defend anyone I chose to on here...especially if some "new kid on the block" is getting on here and talking out of his butt!

Dominic said after reading the two statements, "He was immediately turned off and wished for their (Greenwood's) failure".

Well DUH!!!!! I'm sure he wished for our failure before he read that article...he is from Vernon afterall!!:rolleyes:

eagles_victory
12-03-2006, 01:52 PM
is anyone else getting tired of when a team gets beat they pull the class or cocky card? Its kinda hard to call a high school kid cocky for a borderline statement he makes after a 3rd round high school playoff game the kids going to be emotional and may put things in ways he doesnt mean it. And dont call the whole greenwood team cocky bc one guy.

You never hear a team after they win talk about how cocky or unclassy the team they beat was

mchavez
12-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I already said I wasn't saying anything, you will have to go elsewhere to get your giggles!

I will defend anyone I chose to on here...especially if some "new kid on the block" is getting on here and talking out of his butt!

Dominic said after reading the two statements, "He was immediately turned off and wished for their (Greenwood's) failure".

Well DUH!!!!! I'm sure he wished for our failure before he read that article...he is from Vernon afterall!!:rolleyes:

Yea will I see where you're coming from just thought it was crazy how everyone makes a bgi deal about it!!

I figured there wasn't anything bad to say about Vernon's team, they have class!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, I understand his desire for his team to continue thru the playoffs. Now Vernon has to face a good 12-1 team to go any further. Greenwood can win this one and if they do it will be with class. Vernon can also take this one and from what I saw last night, they got class as well.

I'll be rootin for Greenwood, and if I thought they were too arrogant, I wouldn't waste my time. But the fact is there are a humble 12-1 team. Being proud of a record like that isn't arrogant.

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 06:13 PM

Reading from forums like these, papers, and just watching the opposing fans I can always tell one thing....

...everybody hates Vernon.

That's ok though, that just means they're in admiration for our town and powerhouse football program.

Tiger Baseball
12-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Vernon vs. SLC
Reading from forums like these, papers, and just watching the opposing fans I can always tell one thing....

That's ok though, that just means they're in admiration for our town and powerhouse football program.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: GROW UP!

BreckTxLonghorn
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM

1 state championship in 16 years will really define the status as powerhouse as well.

Nothing against Vernon--they have a great program and are always fun to play because they're competitive-- but dude, that was a horrible way to start your downlow membership.

Good luck vs. SLC--ha!

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
1 state championship in 16 years will really define the status as powerhouse as well.

Nothing against Vernon--they have a great program and are always fun to play because they're competitive-- but dude, that was a horrible way to start your downlow membership.

Good luck vs. SLC--ha!

Powerhouse - winning as many games as any other 3a team in the 1990's

It's horrible the way Vernon posters are treated on here.

Ohh and in case you didn't know Vernon played SLC three times in the playoffs during the early 90's - I was there in WF for one of those games (the one we got blown out in)

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I really want to watch this game but I'm going to be leaving Texas until the 23rd. I'll be back just in time for state weekend. :D

I should've anticpated a deep run in the playoffs for the Lions before I scheduled this trip!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-03-2006, 06:41 PM
It's horrible the way Vernon posters are treated on here.

Quit :bigcry: :bigcry:. I don't think they are being treated badly at all.

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Quit :bigcry: :bigcry:. I don't think they are being treated badly at all.

Then why does everytime a Vernon person posts something we get snide comments like "ohh well Vernon is finally winning again so their having their day in the sun" etc. ?

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 06:49 PM

Not everyone hates Vernon...I dont even know where Vernon is!!!

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Not everyone hates Vernon...I dont even know where Vernon is!!!

Ok well I should clarify. Everyone in 3A in North Central to West Texas hates us. Even 4A Wichita Falls Old High dislikes us.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Ok well I should clarify. Everyone in 3A in North Central to West Texas hates us. Even 4A Wichita Falls Old High dislikes us.

OH!!! THAT Vernon....I hate you guys.

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
OH!!! THAT Vernon....I hate you guys.

And I forgot another... Altus, OK, (they are in the highest classification for the Okies) really REALLY dislikes us too. It's good to be loveddd. :D

carter08
12-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I luff Vernon

Not really

Your team sucks

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Well, as Altus goes, so goes the country.

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I luff Vernon

Not really

Your team sucks

See what I'm saying? "Vernon sucks, they aren't that good, I hate Vernon, blah blah" It's like these people are secretly from Iowa Park or Bowie, two teams we beat up on for years and years.

carter08
12-03-2006, 07:03 PM
See what I'm saying? "Vernon sucks, they aren't that good, I hate Vernon, blah blah" It's like these people are secretly from Iowa Park or Bowie, two teams we beat up on for years and years.

Rookies :doh:

Grow Up
or you will hate it here
Just like we all hate Vernon

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Rookies :doh:

Grow Up
or you will hate it here
Just like we all hate Vernon

You think you can bully me because you have a 2000 posts? What have I done wrong and for me to hate it here?

I don't understand why is it ok for posters to make anti-Vernon posts but its not ok for Vernon posters to respond?

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
GOD I hate this guy.

carter08
12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
You think you can bully me because you have a 2000 posts? What have I done wrong and for me to hate it here?

Every hates Vernon
You like them
Thus everyone hates you
And that will make you uncomfortable

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Every hates Vernon
You like them
Thus everyone hates you
And that will make you uncomfortable

Ok then I have no problem with being unpopular over the internet of all places.

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM
LETS GO VERNON!!!! funny Altus was mentioned, I was up through that area not too long ago. Question...where do the kids from Lone Wolf, OK go to school? how bout Burns Flat? I am up in Burns Flat alot for work, theres nothing there! Have to drive to Elk City for food and lodging.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM

I'm from West Texas....Greenwood to be exact! Why would we hate Vernon? They are simply our next opponent, nothing more nothing less. If we win, great...if Vernon wins, that's the way it goes!! As far as I know, this will be the first time we have ever played.....no need to hate!!

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Ok then I have no problem with being unpopular over the internet of all places. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Geez, sure glad we have fury and z on the board to show the "real" Vernon.

But you stay Classy Vernon v. SLC, cheer up you have company with good old Frankie.:D

VERNONLION#1
12-03-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm from West Texas....Greenwood to be exact! Why would we hate Vernon? They are simply our next opponent, nothing more nothing less. If we win, great...if Vernon wins, that's the way it goes!! As far as I know, this will be the first time we have ever played.....no need to hate!!

RM I have noticed in the last week we have had several new posters "supporting" Vernon. Where were they when the season started back in Aug? I have commented the good and bad all season and Vernon starts winning playoff games and they want to get on here and run there mouths!!!!! Not all posters from V-Town are that way. Good Luck to both teams and I hope it's another good game.

JR2004
12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Can anyone from the Graham side say this about them. I just read two atricles about the game and the coach and the QB seem very arrogant. I was turned off immediatley and wish for their failure. You dont come out and say " We knew they couldnt stop our offense." Or from the coach "They must be mad from the last time our line dominated them"

I prefer the Freddie James style myself. :)

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
RM I have noticed in the last week we have had several new posters "supporting" Vernon. Where were they when the season started back in Aug? I have commented the good and bad all season and Vernon starts winning playoff games and they want to get on here and run there mouths!!!!! Not all posters from V-Town are that way. Good Luck to both teams and I hope it's another good game.
I think that's where the new folks have gotten the idea that Vernon is disliked....maybe I should find my "newbie" thread. ;)

There are definitely lots of good folks in Vernon. :)

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1

It happens often. The team gets three deep in the playoffs and the whole town starts getting excited and you will usually have some overzealous fans who get on here (usually the youthful kind) and start talking the trash.

It's very possible that we could have a few from Greenwood do the same thing any day now. But I think Ranger Mom will pull out her stuff and zap them.

bobcat1
12-03-2006, 08:42 PM
There are tons of great folks in Vernon. A few idiots like in everytown I guess. VL#1 shows class. My favorite Aunt lives in Vernon. She is a sweetheart and my Uncle pumped for Wagoneer for over 50 years I bet. Jimmie and David Potter are their names.

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 08:47 PM
yeah i think this thread was a stab in the dark