PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State vs. You Decide

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Who and why should Ohio State?

Discuss

STANG RED
12-03-2006, 10:22 AM
If Florida had dominated Arkansas, I would have to give them the nod, but they didnt, and could have just as easily lost that game. Michigan played OS very tough the first time around, and the only one out there that would have a ligit shot at beating them for the NC, so I'll say Michigan. And besides, the only team I hate more than Florida, is Miami.:D

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh yea my question to you people who vote Michigan.

What happens if Michigan wins? Do you play a 3rd game?

My opinion is Michigan had their opportunity to beat Ohio State and they did not get it done. I for one do not want to see a rematch. Florida deserves this more than Michigan.

raider red 2000
12-03-2006, 10:26 AM
BOISE ST- Just kidding.

Florida- tougher schedule. SEC has been screwed before (AUBURN)

htowntransplant
12-03-2006, 10:41 AM
im picking michigan. i think they are better than florida, and i would love to see michigan get another crack at it in a neutral site.

VanKampen
12-03-2006, 10:42 AM
i'm willing to bet michigan will be playing ohio state and then in about 3 years there will be a playoff system. how is this bcs still around when people have been complaining about it for so long. a playoff system would boost tv ratings like crazy.

htowntransplant
12-03-2006, 10:43 AM
it stays the way it is because universities love it. the bowl games brings in alot of money for their university.

awizzy
12-03-2006, 10:44 AM
michigan had there chance and got beat...let flordia play them

LHMom
12-03-2006, 10:47 AM
If you're #2, you should get a chance to play for it all. I don't like the BSC system (does anyone?) but if that's what we have, #2 should get to play.

TexanAlum_06
12-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Michigan will beat OSU if given another chance. Florida won't IMO. but florida deserves it. even though I hate them. So I will go with Florida. Even though Michigan IMHO is clearly the 2nd best team in the nation.

VanKampen
12-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
If you're #2, you should get a chance to play for it all. I don't like the BSC system (does anyone?) but if that's what we have, #2 should get to play.

so if a computer and a few sportswriters decide you're #2 then that means without a doubt you are the #2 team in country right? :rolleyes: playoffs will decide who is #1 and #2 and #3 and #4 etc.

carter08
12-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Florida
although persoanlly i think the 2 Undefeateds should play

BIG_STICK
12-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Why would you let a team that didnt even win its own league championship play for the NC. Give FLA a shot they have the weapons and mainly they have a great coach that will scheme one heck of a game plan. Loyd Carr blew the first game

Tx Challenge
12-03-2006, 12:13 PM
I hope to see the Gators get the shot

gobbler grad
12-03-2006, 12:15 PM
it will be Michigan in the end...cause BSC says so...:doh:

Cameron Crazy
12-03-2006, 12:22 PM
No one can hang with them anyway so what does it matter..

lostaussie
12-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
michigan had there chance and got beat...let flordia play them i agree............I still think Michigan is the better team, but they had a shot and didn't capitalize. I also don't like the fact that the Big 10 doesn't have a conferance title game.

formermbcouns
12-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Florida

Tx Challenge
12-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i agree............I still think Michigan is the better team, but they had a shot and didn't capitalize. I also don't like the fact that the Big 10 doesn't have a conferance title game.

I agree, That has always been my contention. If they did, this would not be an issue. Since they dont, we will have upset ppl no matter what. This can be arugued to death. I wish that all conferences had the same set up. It would make things a little more easier and clear cut.

gobbler grad
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Mich's only loss was uh, OSU and game was played in uh, Ohio...believe if they played in Ann Arbor would of been different story...anyway game was very close, had they been on neutral site, Wolverines would have won...Michigan is the right choice...:thinking:

stxfootballfan
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Florida should be in the NC game, Michigan had their chance and didnt win. Florida is the Champion of what everyone considers to be the toughest conference, so I say give them a shot.

halfnhalf
12-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I personally would love to see the biggest rivals in college football rematch each other in the national championship. The first game was awesome and I can just imagine the rematch. Ohio St. and Michigan are clearly the best two teams out there, and I honestly think Ohio St. would spank Florida.

District303aPastPlayer
12-03-2006, 02:24 PM
tOSU would kill Florida, IMO.... the way the first tOSU/UM game ended up, id like to see it again

DU_stud04
12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Mich's only loss was uh, OSU and game was played in uh, Ohio...believe if they played in Ann Arbor would of been different story...anyway game was very close, had they been on neutral site, Wolverines would have won...Michigan is the right choice...:thinking: i agree.

Just Watching
12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I saw in the Houston Chronicle this morning that the good old Longhorn Richard Justis thinks it should be OU:)

gobbler grad
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Florida would be embarassed by OSU...better let Michigan play them...

Ray_BearKat
12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Michigan

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Michigan will beat OSU if given another chance. Florida won't IMO. but florida deserves it. even though I hate them. So I will go with Florida. Even though Michigan IMHO is clearly the 2nd best team in the nation.

That makes absolutely NO sense...If Michigan is the 2nd best team then why don't they play in the championship. Isn't that what a championship game is supposed to be, the two best teams playing each other for the title?!?!

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 05:50 PM
The media made the Michigan/Ohio State game out to more than what it was. Ohio State dominated Michigan and if it wasn't for a late TD by Michigan then the game would have been a 10 point loss. Say Michigan gets a rematch and wins that is not fair to Ohio State. Ohio State should deserve another chance at Michigan but a 3rd game is not possible. It is lose/lose situation.

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Ok so no matter when any of the touchdowns were scored, Michigan lost by 3...period. Secondly, if Michigan did win the NC, how is that unfair to Ohio State? In order to be the best you have to perform when it counts (i.e.-National Championship against ANYONE...yes, even Michigan)

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Ok so no matter when any of the touchdowns were scored, Michigan lost by 3...period. Secondly, if Michigan did win the NC, how is that unfair to Ohio State? In order to be the best you have to perform when it counts (i.e.-National Championship against ANYONE...yes, even Michigan) Exactly, Michigan didn't perform the best when it counted last time so what makes you think they will this time?

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I didn't say that they would, but I did say that they are the 2nd best team in the country and therefore should play in the title game.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I didn't say that they would, but I did say that they are the 2nd best team in the country and therefore should play in the title game. What constitutes that? Ball State gave them a run for their money. Florida plays in the best conference in the nation.

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What constitutes that? Ball State gave them a run for their money. Florida plays in the best conference in the nation.

Says who?!?! ESPN??? The Big Ten has THREE teams in the top 5. And Florida lost by 10 to Auburn who isn't even a top 10 team.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Says who?!?! ESPN??? The Big Ten has THREE teams in the top 5. And Florida lost by 10 to Auburn who isn't even a top 10 team.

Big 10 Teams in Top 25
Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin

SEC Teams in Top 25
Florida
LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Tennessee

*Above Taken from AP Top 25*

Michigan Quality Wins
Notre Dame(47-21)
Wisconsin(27-13)
Penn State(17-13)

Florida Quality Wins
Tennessee(21-20)
LSU(23-10)
Florida State(21-14)
Arkansas(38-28) - SEC Championship Game

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Big 10 Teams in Top 25
Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin

SEC Teams in Top 25
Florida
LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Tennessee

*Above Taken from AP Top 25*

Michigan Quality Wins
Notre Dame(47-21)
Wisconsin(27-13)
Penn State(17-13)

Florida Quality Wins
Tennessee(21-20)
LSU(23-10)
Florida State(21-14)
Arkansas(38-28) - SEC Championship Game

So rethink this using your stats. The Big Ten has no Championship Game (if I'm not mistaken) so apart from that game there is the same number of quality wins right?? How on Earth is Florida State a quality win? And all of the teams in the Top 25 for the Big Ten just happen to be in the TOP FIVE!! That has to be the hardest conference. I will grant you that the SEC is probably the most evenly matched conference across the board but the hardest one to win has to be the one with 3 teams in the top 5.

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 06:26 PM
And another thing.....Do you honestly mean to tell me that you think Florida is a better team than Michigan?

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Apple's and oranges my friend

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Haha, ok if the best you can come up with is "Apples and Oranges" then there is no need to continue a show of ignorance. The game is football. At any given time each team has 11 players on the field. Now with this new information, reassess the situation and answer the question. Who do you think is the better team?

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I can't decide who the better team is. Florida plays better opponents and shares the same record. Michigan lost to Ohio State. There is no clear way to decide this honestly. The true question is "Do you want a rematch?" I say no because Michigan had their opportunity and didn't capatilize on it. It is now Florida's shot at the #1 team in the nation.

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Ok , I can deal with that but I have to disagree. The true question has nothing to do with a rematch or not, its who is the second best (and therefore most deserving) team in the country? Anything other than that in my opinion is a disgrace to the game itself. The two best teams should play.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok , I can deal with that but I have to disagree. The true question has nothing to do with a rematch or not, its who is the second best (and therefore most deserving) team in the country? Anything other than that in my opinion is a disgrace to the game itself. The two best teams should play. That should be the question but it's not to the pollsters

Tweeder215
12-03-2006, 06:39 PM
But I'm not a pollster and neither are you (I believe). So let them make up their minds because all we have to go on are our opinions, and you haven't made yours clear yet. You don't want a rematch? Well cry me a river. (not just you but anyone in general) If Michigan proves to be the better team then they deserve it....period. If you think Florida is the better team then they deserve it, but a "rematch or not" should have no bearing on the decision.

Necked
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
... If Michigan proves to be the better team then they deserve it....period. If you think Florida is the better team then they deserve it, but a "rematch or not" should have no bearing on the decision.

You can say alot of things about the BCS system & get pro & con arguments all day long. The only thing that is absolutely certain about this setup can be summed up in this quote from Clint Eastwood before he blew Gene Hackmans head of in Unforgiven:

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm not interested in seeing Michigan getting their butts handed to them, they had their shot. Gotta go w/ Florida

Phil C
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I love the controversy though. Too bad the Pac 10 refs cheated Oklahoma or they would only have one loss to UT :) and really be upset. This is the type of thing that will slowly get NCAA to have a real playoff system. Maybe even by the time Taylor retires to spend time with her grandkids. :)

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I love the controversy though. Too bad the Pac 10 refs cheated Oklahoma or they would only have one loss to UT :) and really be upset. This is the type of thing that will slowly get NCAA to have a real playoff system. Maybe even by the time Taylor retires to spend time with her grandkids. :) agreed! :thumbsup:

Just Watching
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
I just don't think it would have been right for Ohio State to have to beat Michigan twice. That's asking a lot. But then again, if Michigan and Ohio State had played each other in week 1, 2 or 3, instead of at the end of the season, I might feel differently about it.