PDA

View Full Version : Media and USC

Dogman_1969
12-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I for one am a Longhorn fan and a Texan. I am tired of hearing about how great USC is, how they should be in the national title game every year, and that their players are better than everyones elses because they are "TROJANS".

I salute UCLA for punching the trojans and knocking them out of the title game. I'd rather see Michigan, Florida, Rutgers, Boise State, or even OU in the game.

The media always seems to crown them the champs even when break NCAA rules over and over. You don't hear much about R Bush receiving a house for his parents, Leinart's Dad paying for their WR's apartment and who know's what else. These were not rumors, these were "violations" and the WR was allowed to play football this year. The OU QB was kicked off the team for something about the same. Kuddo's to Stoops for doing the right thing.

USC, you cheat, break NCAA rules, and you got what you deserve from UCLA.......

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Mark May(I think that's his name) is the worlds worst about USC.

big daddy russ
12-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
....The media always seems to crown them the champs even when break NCAA rules over and over. You don't hear much about R Bush receiving a house for his parents, Leinart's Dad paying for their WR's apartment and who know's what else. These were not rumors, these were "violations" and the WR was allowed to play football this year. The OU QB was kicked off the team for something about the same. Kuddo's to Stoops for doing the right thing......
The Bush deal was crap, but I think there's more to the Leinart situation than meets the eye.

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 01:58 PM
yup, USC=media darlings. They want to crown them champs at the begining of each year. Remember last year leading up to the Champ. game when they were comparing them to all of the all-time great college teams and picking USC as the greatest team ever over and over.....only to lose to UT in the big game...does that mean UT is the greatest team ever?? :confused: I don't think USC is all that great. The media talks about how WV and Rutgers and Louisville shouldnt have a shot at the big game because their conf. is weak....I think thats why USC always looks so good, I think the PAC-10 is weak but the media constantly hypes them up as being a power conf. :doh:

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 02:00 PM
i will admit usc was damn good last year, and texas was better

TexanAlum_06
12-03-2006, 02:14 PM
USC and ND make me sick to my stomach. they are both media darlings. i just cant wait to see what happens next year when ND sucks and how the media will still try and make something out of it or hype them up. I just hate how the college football world is so biased. even espn. they rarely give much coverage to teams from texas.... besides the cowboys and thats only because TO, Romo and Parcells. the only time UT gets on there is when we get beat.. then they talk about how overrated we are.

BIG_STICK
12-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I feel some jealousy. Talk about media darlings look at UT and all the hype they got and Colt. USC deserves it 54-4 over the 5-6 years that is impressive noone can taKE THAT AWAY. Just cause OU won the BIB XII and UT will be playing in the Alamo bbowl hahahhahahah. Dont hate on others

District303aPastPlayer
12-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
USC and ND make me sick to my stomach. they are both media darlings. i just cant wait to see what happens next year when ND sucks and how the media will still try and make something out of it or hype them up. I just hate how the college football world is so biased. even espn. they rarely give much coverage to teams from texas.... besides the cowboys and thats only because TO, Romo and Parcells. the only time UT gets on there is when we get beat.. then they talk about how overrated we are.

ND won't suck next year...

Phil C
12-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I for one am a Longhorn fan and a Texan. I am tired of hearing about how great USC is, how they should be in the national title game every year, and that their players are better than everyones elses because they are "TROJANS".

I salute UCLA for punching the trojans and knocking them out of the title game. I'd rather see Michigan, Florida, Rutgers, Boise State, or even OU in the game.

The media always seems to crown them the champs even when break NCAA rules over and over. You don't hear much about R Bush receiving a house for his parents, Leinart's Dad paying for their WR's apartment and who know's what else. These were not rumors, these were "violations" and the WR was allowed to play football this year. The OU QB was kicked off the team for something about the same. Kuddo's to Stoops for doing the right thing.

USC, you cheat, break NCAA rules, and you got what you deserve from UCLA.......

Dogman has got a point but NCAA isn't going to do nada against USC or OU. Now if it had been A&M or SMU that would have been a different story. I know because I have seen things like this in the past.

Emerson1
12-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ND won't suck next year...
Yes they will. This is ND's year to finally win a bowl game this century, unfortunately for them they will might go undeservingly to a BCS bowl.

Bulldog_12
12-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Mark May(I think that's his name) is the worlds worst about USC.

:eek: You're kidding right? I think you have the wrong person. Mark May has been all over texas since they won the championship last year.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
:eek: You're kidding right? I think you have the wrong person. Mark May has been all over texas since they won the championship last year. I can't remember his name!!!!!!

Bulldog_12
12-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I can't remember his name!!!!!!

Well stop being stupid!!!!!!

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Nah it's the african american that sits to the right of Lou Holtz on their little segments

Emerson1
12-03-2006, 06:44 PM
That is Mark May, he has big legs from all the jumping he does.