PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW (Round 4): Vernon-Greenwood

westtxfballfan
12-02-2006, 10:41 PM
When and where will they play? Anyone know?

GreenMonster
12-02-2006, 10:42 PM
I believe Abilene is the place, not sure about the when.

injuredinmelee
12-02-2006, 10:47 PM
wow thats two good 3A games here next weekend. Good thing I wont be working next weekend.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow thats two good 3A games here next weekend. Good thing I wont be working next weekend.

What other game is going to be played? I'll be in Sweetwater to visit my parents, might as well do some holiday shopping and watch some games in Abilene if I'm that close.

GreenMonster
12-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Canyon and Texarkana Liberty-Elyau is the other game.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 12:33 AM
I just heard that Shotwell is supposedly booked and they are looking at Lubbock now. Don't know how much truth there is to that...I thought we already had it!

injuredinmelee
12-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I believe Abilene is the place, not sure about the when.

Good we will be blessed with B. Merrill next weekend.

GreenMonster
12-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Good we will be blessed with B. Merrill next weekend. He's got that Vernon 50 defense looking good

RMAC
12-03-2006, 12:54 AM
I was hoping for Lubbock because I have a final on Saturday.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
I was hoping for Lubbock because I have a final on Saturday.

That may be a very good possibility!

injuredinmelee
12-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That may be a very good possibility!

Lubbock is for girls.

Dominicfrank
12-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Who wins guys. Taking in to account past scores, Vernon is in trouble. putting 34 on GRaham isnt easy, or at least it wasnt for us. Greenwood must be very good. My first reaction is Greenwood 21-14 but my homerism and gut say Vernon by upset 28-27.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Who wins guys. Taking in to account past scores, Vernon is in trouble. putting 34 on GRaham isnt easy, or at least it wasnt for us. Greenwood must be very good. My first reaction is Greenwood 21-14 but my homerism and gut say Vernon by upset 28-27.

As usual, I will make no predictions. Those Rangers continue to shock me week in and week out!!

Have Greenwood and Vernon EVER played before??

snydertiger02
12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
I wish the best of luck to Greenwood. get your players ready because if there loseing they will start injuring your players. very rude people have absolutly no resoect for them.

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 02:05 AM
GO GREENWOOD RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by snydertiger02
I wish the best of luck to Greenwood. get your players ready because if there loseing they will start injuring your players. very rude people have absolutly no resoect for them.

Dude chill!! Do you have any respect for yourself??

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 02:10 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Dude chill!! Do you have any respect for yourself?? :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Hop, he sure didn't go the tactful route!

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Hop, he sure didn't go the tactful route! If you read his post from the time he signed on, tact is not in his vocabulary.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:13 AM
no need to be so upset, thats all

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 02:15 AM
no need to be so upset, thats all I'm not talking about you Who, I'm referring to snydertiger02.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Oh OK, Thought i dun crossed a line somewhere for a minute.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I'm not talking about you Who

I really need to get in bed...the above sounded entirely TOO funny to me!!

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Oh OK, Thought i dun crossed a line somewhere for a minute. Sorry man, that's why I tried to keep his quote above yours. Hey, you have done nothing but show you support for the Tigers and for our town.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 02:18 AM
I really need to get in bed...the above sounded entirely TOO funny to me!! If we had a poster named Horton, it might be even funnier.:D :D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Sorry man, that's why I tried to keep his quote above yours. Hey, you have done nothing but show you support for the Tigers and for our town.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well like I've said, I didn't grow up here, But I got here as quick as I could.;)

GreenMonster
12-03-2006, 02:21 AM

Injuring someone isn't as easy as you make it sound dude, even when trying. This is the first time I've heard complaints of Vernon trying to injure anyone therefore I will write it off as sour grapes. I do understand that there were some injuries and I certainly hope that they weren't intentional. I can't prove they weren't but you can't prove they were either. It's a rough game, people get hurt.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Injuring someone isn't as easy as you make it sound dude, even when trying. This is the first time I've heard complaints of Vernon trying to injure anyone therefore I will write it off as sour grapes. I do understand that there were some injuries and I certainly hope that they weren't intentional. I can't prove they weren't but you can't prove they were either. It's a rough game, people get hurt.

Well put GM. I remember looking down at my femor sticking out of my leg when I played in Highschool, and the guys who did it were crying and puking. Pretty sure they didn't mean it.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Well put GM. I remember looking down at my femor sticking out of my leg when I played in Highschool, and the guys who did it were crying and puking. Pretty sure they didn't mean it.

:eek: :eek: :(

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 02:28 AM
I really need to get in bed...the above sounded entirely TOO funny to me!! LOL, me too...."you who" isnt that a tasty beverage? :D

GreenMonster
12-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Well put GM. I remember looking down at my femor sticking out of my leg when I played in Highschool, and the guys who did it were crying and puking. Pretty sure they didn't mean it. Hard to argue with that. Bad chit happens to good people all the time.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Hard to argue with that. Bad chit happens to good people all the time.

didn't damage my good looks one bit though:D

mchavez
12-03-2006, 02:37 AM
GOOOO VERNON!! Wish I could of seen my brother play, but I'll be there Saturday!! The game is at 2PM Saturday in Abilene!!

BTW, no way Vernon would of tried to hurt any players!! We have respect for the game!! I went to school with these guys, a couple of years ago, and watched them play through out high school!! Knowing these guys as friends, and my brothers friends, these guys have respect for their opponents!!

Just grow up, take a defeat, and have respect!! Even though it's just you, you're making your town look bad!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
GOOOO VERNON!! Wish I could of seen my brother play, but I'll be there Saturday!! The game is at 2PM Saturday in Abilene!!

BTW, no way Vernon would of tried to hurt any players!! We have respect for the game!! I went to school with these guys, a couple of years ago, and watched them play through out high school!! Knowing these guys as friends, and my brothers friends, these guys have respect for their opponents!!

Just grow up, take a defeat, and have respect!! Even though it's just you, you're making your town look bad!!

we tried to point that out to him, maybe he understands now.
and your boys are good! you should be proud of them.
Congrats!

RMAC
12-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Good job by Vernon. I couldn't pick this one, but I was pulling for them to rep the 6-3A. They now get my support until it's over.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Good job by Vernon. I couldn't pick this one, but I was pulling for them to rep the 6-3A. They now get my support until it's over.

Yes outstanding performance!! But as you pointed out we gotta stick with our own districts. I'm pullin for Greenwood next week. If they don't get it done, I'll ride the Vernon banwaggon the rest of the way.
Congrats again on a well deserved victory.

RMAC
12-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Let's get this thing going.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Well, I hope I'm wrong, but Vernon might just be too much for the WOOD. The RANGERS are an outstanding team with an outstanding record and I'm rootin for them all the way!!

But after what I saw tonight, I say
Vernon by 10

mchavez
12-03-2006, 03:14 AM
I don't know much about Greenwood, but I'll say Vernon wins this one!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 03:35 AM
I don't know much about Greenwood, but I'll say Vernon wins this one!!

Greenwood has only lost one game this year. They are very good.

fury900
12-03-2006, 04:12 AM
Greenwood has only lost one game this year. They are very good.

2006 Midland Greenwood Schedule
DATE SCHEDULE LEAGUE GAME RESULT
Aug. 31, 2006 AT GRAHAM NO W 25-15
Sep. 8, 2006 CRANE NO W 41-0
Sep. 15, 2006 AT LUBBOCK ESTACADO NO W 35-8
Sep. 22, 2006 AT SAN ANGELO LAKEVIEW NO W 35-27
Sep. 29, 2006 LEVELLAND NO W 49-14
Oct. 6, 2006 BROWNFIELD NO W 55-6
Oct. 13, 2006 AT SEMINOLE NO W 27-21
Oct. 27, 2006 SNYDER YES L 17-27
Nov. 3, 2006 ANDREWS YES W 42-21
Nov. 10, 2006 AT LAMESA YES W 45-0
Nov. 17, 2006 AT SEMINOLE NO W 28-21
Nov. 24, 2006 CLINT NO W 33-14
Dec. 2, 2006 AT GRAHAM NO W 34-10

2006 Vernon Schedule
DATE SCHEDULE LEAGUE GAME RESULT

Sep. 1, 2006 ALTUS, OK NO W 48-13
Sep. 9, 2006 AT MIDLAND CHRISTIAN NO L 7-28
Sep. 15, 2006 AT MINERAL WELLS NO L 28-34
Sep. 22, 2006 DECATUR NO L 10-14
Sep. 29, 2006 AT CLYDE NO W 36-25
Oct. 6, 2006 BRECKENRIDGE NO W 21-13
Oct. 20, 2006 BURKBURNETT YES L 21-24 ot
Oct. 26, 2006 AT WICHITA FALLS HIRSCHI YES W 17-10
Nov. 3, 2006 GRAHAM YES L 7-14
Nov. 10, 2006 AT IOWA PARK YES W 21-7
Nov. 18, 2006 AT PERRYTON NO W 23-7
Nov. 25, 2006 AT SWEETWATER NO W 47-12
Dec. 2, 2006 SNYDER NO W 26-20

westtexasfbfan
12-03-2006, 10:07 AM
As usual, I will make no predictions. Those Rangers continue to shock me week in and week out!!

Have Greenwood and Vernon EVER played before?? \

No, this will be the first time they play each other.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Greenwood; Why? Because I can

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 10:21 AM

Are you sure about the time? My niece, who is a trainer, was saying the coaches were told that Shotwell was booked.

Our local paper had the LE/Canyon game as being played at 2:00 at Shotwell and the Vernon/Greenwood game TBA at Shotwell.

VWG
12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Again... Vernon can win with their two key players, Miller and Whiteside. Whiteside, to be effective, needs to get the ball about 20 to 25 times and Miller needs to run the ball effectively when they run option.
For Greenwood, it all starts with number 4, Washington. I would say that throughout the year he would account for well over 50% of the Rangers offense. Kinda like Cobb with Decatur or Ramos from Canyon. If Washington has a good game, then Greenwood has a good game. If Washington is shut down, look for Greenwood to really struggle.

mrescape43
12-03-2006, 11:26 AM
This game could end up just like the Snyder-Vernon game with the outcome not decided until the final couple of minutes.
I am pulling for the Greenwood Rangers as our district rep but after seeing both teams play I feel that Vernon may have too many weapons. My guess is Vernon 27-Greenwood 24!

Go Greenwood and lets hope for a hard fought injury free game!

Tanglefoot
12-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I read on another board that Greenwood will play Vernon at Sweetwater, not Abilene.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tanglefoot
I read on another board that Greenwood will play Vernon at Sweetwater, not Abilene.

That's interesting! I know that as of today, they were still saying that Abilene was booked, so we couldn't play there.

fury900
12-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
When and where will they play? Anyone know?

Dec 9 (Sat) Midland Greenwood (Qtr. Finals) Sweetwater 2:00p

http://www.kvwc.com/

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow. Sounds like it's a done deal.

It's good with me.

mchavez
12-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes we're playing in the bowl!! I'm for sure will be at this game!! I've always been rooting for Greenwood(Grandmother lives there), but this time I got to go with my hometown!!

Vernon 31
Greenwood 28

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 02:00 PM
I hope it is in Sweetwater, I'd love to see it. I don't want to miss an oppertunity to cheer for the Wood, and I definately don't want to miss an oppertunity to see that haus for Vernon again.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Sweetwater and some snyder posters are liable to be there....we should set up a big "Pre-game lunch at Mrs. Allens Meet and Greet" before the game!!!

Snydertigersrul
12-03-2006, 02:28 PM

Vernon is a very physical team and sometimes players get injured. No injury was intentional, that's part of the game, especially when both are physical teams. If Greenwood can hold Whiteside and Miller in check, they will win. That Whiteside is the man. I'm afraid Vernon is going to win but I'm sticking with 3-3A, GO RANGERS

BIG T 79
12-03-2006, 02:37 PM
I totaly agree. There is no reason for anybody to go out trying to hurt the other team. The thing is, if a team loses, they want the team that beat them to go on as far as possible. So why would you hurt the team your playing if there is a chance of them representing you

BIG T 79
12-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Vernon is a very physical team and sometimes players get injured. No injury was intentional, that's part of the game, especially when both are physical teams.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by BIG T 79
I totaly agree. There is no reason for anybody to go out trying to hurt the other team. The thing is, if a team loses, they want the team that beat them to go on as far as possible. So why would you hurt the team your playing if there is a chance of them representing you

That's not true in all cases. Snyder still has someone in their district in the running...and they (Greenwood) will play the team that beat Snyder...(Vernon). I can't say ALL of Snyder is backing Greenwood, but I know there are several posters on HERE that are.

I do agree with one of observations posted above. When you have 2 very physical teams playing each other, injuries are going to happen LOTS more....that doesn't make them intentional!!

mchavez
12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Well put T!!

BIG T 79
12-03-2006, 02:46 PM
That's not true in all cases. Snyder still has someone in their district in the running...and they (Greenwood) will play the team that beat Snyder...(Vernon). I can't say ALL of Snyder is backing Greenwood, but I know there are several posters on HERE that are.

I do agree with one of observations posted above. When you have 2 very physical teams playing each other, injuries are going to happen LOTS more....that doesn't make them intentional!!

I definantly agree with the comment about backing your district. In this case it is a toss up as to who you route for. So that could go either way. That is great thinking.

I also agree with what you agreed with about the injuries. There is no reason to injure someone on purpose.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BIG T 79
I definantly agree with the comment about backing your district. In this case it is a toss up as to who you route for. So that could go either way. That is great thinking.

I also agree with what you agreed with about the injuries. There is no reason to injure someone on purpose.

COOL! So we agree then! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BIG T 79
12-03-2006, 03:00 PM
COOL! So we agree then! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
sounds good to me

Stownhorse
12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Sweetwater and some snyder posters are liable to be there....we should set up a big "Pre-game lunch at Mrs. Allens Meet and Greet" before the game!!!

MAN Y CANT ANYONE EVER PLAY ON MY DAYS OFF! IM OFF FRIDAY AND THEY ARE PLAYING SATURDAY, PISSES ME OFF! Bad choice to play on saturday anywayz because for the past 2 weeks Vernon has played on saturdays and WON. On a high note Vernon is playing some damn good ball right now, I dont care what anyone says. 24-17 VERNON.

Vernon vs. SLC
12-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I admit I'm clueless in regards to Greenwood. But looking at their schedule, they lose to Synder and we beat Synder so put the two together and you get... a Vernon victory. Well that's how it SHOULD happen, but I'd guess Greenwood have a better offense than Synder so we can't committ those sloppy turnovers like we did against Synder.

carter08
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Vernon vs. SLC
I admit I'm clueless in regards to Greenwood. But looking at their schedule, they lose to Synder and we beat Synder so put the two together and you get... a Vernon victory. Well that's how it SHOULD happen, but I'd guess Greenwood have a better offense than Synder so we can't committ those sloppy turnovers like we did against Synder.

Vernon will lose
Because we hate Vernon

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
GO VERNON!!!

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 07:44 PM

Or, I guess you could say, Vernon lost to Graham and Greenwood beat Graham, sooooooooo....

Never seems to work out that way

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 07:52 PM
I can't say ALL of Snyder is backing Greenwood, but I know there are several posters on HERE that are.
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I would be one of those.:thumbsup:

Of course, you knew that already.:D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I would be one of those.:thumbsup:

Of course, you knew that already.:D

Me too!! But I have great respect for Vernon and if they win, I'm on the Banwagon.

Lion92
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM

Vernon doesn't care if you hate them, it's not a love fest it's a football game and it will be a hard hitting one.

Vernon 27-17

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
WOW!! Where did all the Drama Queens come from??:eek:

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I admit I'm clueless in regards to Greenwood. But looking at their schedule, they lose to Synder and we beat Synder so put the two together and you get... a Vernon victory. Well that's how it SHOULD happen, but I'd guess Greenwood have a better offense than Synder so we can't committ those sloppy turnovers like we did against Synder. It's spelled SNYDER . Thank you very much.:D

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
It's spelled SNYDER . Thank you very much.:D

I didn't even notice that.....I guess 4 times is too much to be considered a typo?

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I didn't even notice that.....I guess 4 times is too much to be considered a typo? Possibly, with the intelligence of some posters it could be stupidity, for others it could just be trying to be cute.:mad:

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Possibly, with the intelligence of some posters it could be stupidity, for others it could just be trying to be cute.:mad:

I knew a girl once named "Synder"...I thought it was unusual and kinda pretty!!

VERNONLION#1
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM

I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!:thinking:

GWOOD
12-03-2006, 10:15 PM

What makes this so silly is that while the Vernon newbies are saying everyone hates them, at the present time 27/37 people who have voted on this thread seem to think Vernon will win.

Man, I wish all my enemies were so rough on me.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
What makes this so silly is that while the Vernon newbies are saying everyone hates them, at the present time 27/37 people who have voted on this thread seem to think Vernon will win.

Man, I wish all my enemies were so rough on me.

I don't understand it either. Until I read all these posts last night and today, I always thought the Vernon team and it's posters were very highly regarded on here.

They still are in my book!! (The one's that have been here a while anyway)!!

VERNONLION#1
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't understand it either. Until I read all these posts last night and today, I always thought the Vernon team and it's posters were very highly regarded on here.

They still are in my book!! (The one's that have been here a while anyway)!!

RM don't include Z and myself in with the others. I hope we are well thought of.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
You here all the time "Protect the Tradition"

VL#1, Fury900 & I have this as our new slogan:

"Protect our Rep!"

tigerbyheart
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
GO GREENWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL BE THERE IN SWEETWATER ROOTING ON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

DaHop72
12-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
You here all the time "Protect the Tradition"

VL#1, Fury900 & I have this as our new slogan:

"Protect our Rep!" You three will have no problem doing that z.:thumbsup:

VERNONLION#1
12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
GO GREENWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL BE THERE IN SWEETWATER ROOTING ON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there rooting on the LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerbyheart
12-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
I'll be there rooting on the LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is home? Vernon or Greenwood???

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 11:01 PM
RM don't include Z and myself in with the others. I hope we are well thought of.

Y'all are extremely well thought of!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
I must admit that the past two weeks I have really been on cloud 9. It is so special to win a playoff game. So few teams actually get the experience of getting together holding that trophy up. To have their parents come down on the field and celebrate. IT IS TRULY SPECIAL. I wish that every player could experience that. I know that many miss out and I'm so grateful that the Vernon Lions have put together such a great run. To hoist 3 trophies--well that is incredible especially for a team that many, at least on this discussion board, either didn't know who we were or had written us off as a so/so team in a weak district.

I went to the grocery store today and saw several players who were up there working. What great young men to play a heck of a football game get in at 2:30 in the am and then turn around and go to work. I truly respect these players. The entire town...just so proud of our team.

It has really been a treat to root for these guys. I went to the Snyder game with my son and we talked the entire way back (except when I fell asleep) I think I woke up and just started right back in about the game. My poor son! He has to take that from me every time we get together. So this weekend he had to hear 6 hours worth of 1 on 1 time and football talk!

To be honest I wasn't so sure that we would be able to hang with Sweetwater, I was very surprised at the outcome of that game. That game was a great confidence builder. Maybe not for the players as they knew they could do it but for me and some of the fans. I had fired Coach Hall and re-hired him several times already throughout the season. So funny how we are.

I have never seen Greenwood play. I know nothing about them. So enlighten me. What do they run (offense), what about the defense? Who are the key players? What about the line? What did Snyder do to get a victory? I want some analysis. Not looking for any smack talk, we beat Graham or we beat Snyder so we can beat this team or that. I want to know how these teams are going to match up.

So go ahead and hit me with it.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

It has really been a treat to root for these guys. I went to the Snyder game with my son and we talked the entire way back (except when I fell asleep) I think I woke up and just started right back in about the game. My poor son! He has to take that from me every time we get together. So this weekend he had to hear 6 hours worth of 1 on 1 time and football talk!

I take it you weren't driving??:D

I hope to get to meet you Saturday!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I take it you weren't driving??:D

I hope to get to meet you Saturday!

Right...I drove down and he drove back!

Yes, finally we will meet. It took me and VL#1 about two years before we finally met Fury900. We had no idea who he was until one game he saw us and announced himself! And we are all from Vernon!!!!

justlikesports
12-04-2006, 11:41 AM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!

WTF-82
12-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Well after a big win I think I voted wrong but I am on the Greewnwood bandwagon now the Graham win was impressive
Did not see the game but to beat graham that is pretty good.
this will be a nasty battle I hope the Rangers Permian basin
west texas team can move on.

SnyTigBaseB07
12-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I personally want GWood to dominate, it wont be a blow out but i think they'll take it by 14
come on rangers!

Black_Magic
12-04-2006, 02:17 PM
My gut says it can go either way. I would not even bet a lunch on this one. Im pulling for greenwood but I just dont know. BTW.. That was my 1776 post!!!! declaration of independence post:wave: :smoker:

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
My gut says it can go either way. I would not even bet a lunch on this one. Im pulling for greenwood but I just dont know. BTW.. That was my 1776 post!!!! declaration of independence post:wave: :smoker:

How come you don't have an avatar??

pirate4state
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
GOOD LUCK RANGERS!!!

Black_Magic
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
I dont know.. Guess I never thought of it. dont know how anyway:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I dont know.. Guess I never thought of it. dont know how anyway:rolleyes:

Well...if you want one, I can tell you how to do it!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Jumping the gun a bit? Check out this headline....

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17543597&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475011&rfi=6

in case they corrected it, it states "Washington, Greenwood roll by Vernon":D :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Greenwood looks to be run heavy but can throw the ball too -- and does throw the ball. That was a very good article.

Looks like Graham used a variety of backs in the game. That is what Vernon will do. Vernon has a much better rush offense than Graham. Of course Vernon's passing is not as good as Graham's so Greenwood will probably load the box. I would like to get a Graham poster to give me a good evaluation of Greenwood.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17543597&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475011&rfi=6

in case they corrected it, it states "Washington, Greenwood roll by Vernon":D :D

ROFL....now I am going to have to go home and see if that is what they put in the paper too.

I read the article, but didn't notice it saying Vernon!!

GWOOD
12-04-2006, 06:25 PM
ROFL....now I am going to have to go home and see if that is what they put in the paper too.

I read the article, but didn't notice it saying Vernon!!

Hey that's funny. I didn't notice it either. No wonder we're being labeled cocky!!!!!

VWG
12-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Z Motion... I guess none of the Greenwood posters want to give you an assessment of talent that Greenwood has. So here goes. Their QB is a great athlete and he probably has accounted for at least 50% of their offense this year. Their O-line has one OT that is short but I have said it before, he is built like a fire hydrant. Looks like about 5'8" and 280... but he can move people out of the way with that low center of gravity. Their O-line plays well together... but Washington is the key. You have got to put pressure on him. He reminds me of other QB's like Ramos (Canyon), Edwards (Wylie), or Cobb (Decatur). All of these QB's are vital to their offense. Washington isn't a pure passer... and his efficiency rating may be due more to the system than his passing ability. NOW.... don't get me wrong here, the guy is a good QB, but his completion percentage is on short passes. I don't think Greenwood tries to stretch the field on their passing game at all.
Greenwood has some good sized kids that can take on Whiteside. Flowers, one of their LB's is a good player... but Vernon will have to get Whiteside and Miller going. Whiteside needs to touch the ball at least 20 to 25 carries. Miller needs to use the option to spring he or Graf/Briggs free.
For Vernon to have a chance they have to shut down Washington. No more, no less. Washington can run and he can throw... he starts that offense.
Greenwood..... on defense you gotta stop the big FB plowing through and keep Miller out of sync. If the Rangers can't do that, then it's gonna be a steady diet of 225lbs barreling downhill. Whiteside doesn't seem to tire easily either. But... if Greenwood can shut down Whiteside or make him really, really earn the yards then Hall will start to switch off from Whiteside. This is when you can catch Vernon out of their comfort zone. Get Miller to try and throw the ball.

GWOOD
12-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Z Motion... I guess none of the Greenwood posters want to give you an assessment of talent that Greenwood has. So here goes.

Thanks, VWG. Good post.

My wife would like to add that all the boys are good looking, well mannered, and drive pickups.

Hope that helps.

mrescape43
12-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks, VWG. Good post.

My wife would like to add that all the boys are good looking, well mannered, and drive pickups.

Hope that helps.

So now we know the secret!:D :D

VWG
12-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks, VWG. Good post.

Hope that helps.

LOL... don't forget we can always find the Greenwood team on Sunday morning attending church, and they always help out in Sunday School.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

I didn't realize the title on their website and the title in the paper would be so different.

I still have the paper and the title on the same article reads "Washington leads Greenwood to convincing victory"

Snyder_TigerFan
12-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Z Motion... I guess none of the Greenwood posters want to give you an assessment of talent that Greenwood has. So here goes. Their QB is a great athlete and he probably has accounted for at least 50% of their offense this year. Their O-line has one OT that is short but I have said it before, he is built like a fire hydrant. Looks like about 5'8" and 280... but he can move people out of the way with that low center of gravity. Their O-line plays well together... but Washington is the key. You have got to put pressure on him. He reminds me of other QB's like Ramos (Canyon), Edwards (Wylie), or Cobb (Decatur). All of these QB's are vital to their offense. Washington isn't a pure passer... and his efficiency rating may be due more to the system than his passing ability. NOW.... don't get me wrong here, the guy is a good QB, but his completion percentage is on short passes. I don't think Greenwood tries to stretch the field on their passing game at all.
Greenwood has some good sized kids that can take on Whiteside. Flowers, one of their LB's is a good player... but Vernon will have to get Whiteside and Miller going. Whiteside needs to touch the ball at least 20 to 25 carries. Miller needs to use the option to spring he or Graf/Briggs free.
For Vernon to have a chance they have to shut down Washington. No more, no less. Washington can run and he can throw... he starts that offense.
Greenwood..... on defense you gotta stop the big FB plowing through and keep Miller out of sync. If the Rangers can't do that, then it's gonna be a steady diet of 225lbs barreling downhill. Whiteside doesn't seem to tire easily either. But... if Greenwood can shut down Whiteside or make him really, really earn the yards then Hall will start to switch off from Whiteside. This is when you can catch Vernon out of their comfort zone. Get Miller to try and throw the ball.

Great analysis VWG!

I don't know what I was impressed with more, the running ability (for the size) of Whiteside, or the blocking that was provided for him. The O-line and the lead blocks did a good job of getting and staying with their blocks.

westtexasfbfan
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Greenwood has a lot of weapons. You shut down Washington and you will have four other guys that will step up! Greenwood's backup quarter back is also good. So, . . . don't consider Greenwood a one man team.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
Greenwood has a lot of weapons. You shut down Washington and you will have four other guys that will step up! Greenwood's backup quarter back is also good. So, . . . don't consider Greenwood a one man team.

Nah..that's okay! Let em think that!!:p :p

mchavez
12-04-2006, 10:16 PM

That's very true but Vernon knows how to shut down more than one player!! Sweetwater had a lot of different weapons in the back field, and Vernon shut them out!

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
That's very true but Vernon knows how to shut down more than one player!! Sweetwater had a lot of different weapons in the back field, and Vernon shut them out!

:foul: :foul: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

VWG
12-04-2006, 10:23 PM

Decatur had weapons, Wylie had weapons, Canyon has weapons... but they all have really good QB's who are the focal point of the offense. Greenwood is the same. Show me some stats on Greenwood's offense that don't show Washington has at least 50% of their offensive output. I know they have other players that are good football players.... but I would highly doubt that they have contributed to the offense like Washington has this year.
This could be said for about 50% of the teams in all of 3A.
Vernon isn't that different. They have a good group of players... but their main guys are Whiteside and Miller. See where I am going with this?
4A Aledo is led by Cole Loftin, their QB. He has a good supporting cast but he is their main guy. 4A Stephenville, Kody Spano and Brent McElfresh, those guys made the top QB to WR combination this year for the Yellowjackets. Plainview... Evan Hearn, he ran over some teams but Frenship bottled him up. Guess what? Frenship drilled them because without Evan Hearn, Plainview couldn't get anything else going. I could go on and on..... The majority of the time if the star player has a good night, then the team wins. When he doesn't then most likely it's a tough night for the team.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by VWG
The majority of the time if the star player has a good night, then the team wins. When he doesn't then most likely it's a tough night for the team.

I agree with that statement 100%!!!!

tigerbyheart
12-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey that's funny. I didn't notice it either. No wonder we're being labeled cocky!!!!!

ROFL:clap: :clap: :clap:

GO GREENWOOD!!!!!!!!!

Stownhorse
12-04-2006, 10:41 PM

Sweetwater has 1 weapon and thats running

mchavez
12-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Yea and there were about four of them that could do it

Stownhorse
12-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Yea and there were about four of them that could do it

When you run the same 5 plays against them it doesnt help either.

mchavez
12-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
When you run the same 5 plays against them it doesnt help either.

If it's so easy then tell me how many teams have stop them, and then i'll shut up!!

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Dear Santa,

Please don't let this turn into a Sweetwater thread...I have been a good girl this year.

Sincerely,

Ranger Mom

tigerbyheart
12-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Dear Santa,

Please don't let this turn into a Sweetwater thread...I have been a good girl this year.

Sincerely,

Ranger Mom

:D ROFL

RMAC
12-04-2006, 11:54 PM
I'd like to tell you about how good THE WOOD is but I from what I saw on Saturday against Graham, they weren't really tested. I wish I could say more, but Graham just didn't play well on offense or defense and THE WOOD made them pay. Go Lions.

mchavez
12-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Go Lions!!!

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 12:02 AM
GO RANGERS!!!

Dominicfrank
12-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Does anyone know if Briggs will play and what happened to him early in the playoffs ?

Would die if the Lions won ! I do think that whoever wins will be fed to Celina and that isnt something that will look good. If Vernon wins I can see this being like a few years back when Vernon losot to State Champ Atlanta and was by all accounts Atlanta's hardest team to face. Could be the same this year with Celina.

mchavez
12-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Hold on frank, lets get past Greenwood before we start talking about anyone else!! But yea that cross my mind sometimes too!

Tiger Baseball
12-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Go Rangers!!!!!!

RM did I read somewhere that P4S is going to be in West Texas? Heck did I read where the whole dang PMS clan is going to be in West Texas?

Dear Santa,

All us good ole boys have been good this year! So PLEASE watch over us this Saturday!

Sincerely,

Tiger Baseball :D :D

P.S. Don't forget to give the PMS Clan the Maytag ride! :kiss: :kiss:

GWOOD
12-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Dear Santa,

Please don't let this turn into a Sweetwater thread

That's Funny

..I have been a good girl this year.

Sincerely,

Ranger Mom

So is that!!!

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Go Rangers!!!!!!

RM did I read somewhere that P4S is going to be in West Texas? Heck did I read where the whole dang PMS clan is going to be in West Texas?

You read right!! Sweetwater isn't gonna know what hit it!!:p :p

EricDraven
12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Vernon in a squeaker.

Dominicfrank
12-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Hold on frank, lets get past Greenwood before we start talking about anyone else!! But yea that cross my mind sometimes too!

I never said it would be Vernon I just said whoever wins will likely face Celina and I dont know what either team would do against them, they look unstoppable.

fury900
12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Who is home? Vernon or Greenwood???

Greenwood is home

pirate4state
12-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Go Rangers!!!!!!

Dear Santa,

All us good ole boys have been good this year! So PLEASE watch over us this Saturday!

Sincerely,

Tiger Baseball :D :D

P.S. Don't forget to give the PMS Clan the Maytag ride! :kiss: :kiss:

ROFLMAO!!! :clap: :clap: :kiss: :kiss:

GO RANGERS!!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
I personally want GWood to dominate, it wont be a blow out but i think they'll take it by 14
come on rangers!

I'll be rootin for the rangers as well, but by 14?
I think it'll be closer than that. I have to admit I have alot of confidence in what I saw with Vernon. I'm just worried for our fellow 3-3A boys. I won't be a bit supprised if Vernon takes it by at least 14.

My hope: Greenwood by 1 or more.

My prediction: Vernon by 10+

Dominicfrank
12-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Wow, I have to tell you that I am suprised to hear you say that about Vernon. I wasnt at the game against your Snyder team but from all accounts it was two evenly matched teams. I know Snyder beat Greenwood, but this Washington kid seems to be on a roll. Do you really think Vernon can stop him ?

mrescape43
12-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Greenwood by 10 (I hope). The Rangers have enough of a pass game to keep the Lions off balance on defense. They are going to need to be able to maintain drives to keep the Vernon offense off of the field. If the Rangers aren't able to do this it is going to be a long afternoon.

Good luck MG Rangers!

tigerbyheart
12-06-2006, 11:03 AM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o53/effleigh/coollogo_com_265525418.gif

mchavez
12-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Can't wait to see the great game!!! GO VERNON!!!

tigerbyheart
12-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Vernon is good, but I think Greenwood is on a roll....Let's go Rangers, Roll on to state!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
I think Vernon must have greatly improved since the beginning of the season. As all teams seem to do. Snyder certainly improved to have what I believed to be one of the best 3A defenses in the state. That being said, Greenwood has to have improved as well. And their 12-1 record doens't leave a hole lot of room for improvement. I havn't seen em play since district, but they've been rollin since that loss. If the same Greenwood team that played Snyder shows up this weekend, then Vernon has it in the bag. But I don't think that team has taken the field since that night.

Hope its a great game either way.

GO RANGERS!!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I can't believe that Vernon is getting so much love in the votes here. I guess three wins against solid programs has turned some heads. Like last week I hope to have a very competitive game. Snyder was tough as nails and I don't expect anything less this week. Our defense will be tested all night. In two games we lost we had trouble containing the QB (Cobb) from Decatur and the QB from Burkburnett. I don't think either of them run the same offense that Greenwood does but we did have trouble with both of those guys. I have a feeling that Washington is a better player than the aforementioned. So the Lions Defense will have their work cut out for them.

I think I will make me up a good "D" "Fence" sign for the game.

Lion92
12-06-2006, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
[B]I can't believe that Vernon is getting so much love in the votes here.

I agree, its surprising that Vernon is up in the Poll. I am worried about the quaterback, Z motion made some good points about those two from Decatur and Burk giving us trouble. It should be a great game. Ill hope for Vernon in a close game, much like last week. Cant see a blowout either way unless someone gets really careless with the ball.

Vernon 27-24

The wizard
12-07-2006, 11:44 AM
In addition to Washington who has run and thrown for over 1000 yards, Greenwood also has 2 -1000 yard backs

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I just read the booster club minutes!! I didn't know that our band wasn't gonna be there....that will be SOO strange!!:confused:

VERNONLION#1
12-07-2006, 12:39 PM
I just read the booster club minutes!! I didn't know that our band wasn't gonna be there....that will be SOO strange!!:confused:

Huh. Don't know that I ever seen that.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Huh. Don't know that I ever seen that.

Evidently they had a previous engagement !

Do you think Vernon would play our school song for us??:D :D

mrescape43
12-07-2006, 12:53 PM

Leave it up to RM. Always thinking! LOL :D

tigerbyheart
12-07-2006, 12:56 PM

I guess everyone could sing it!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 01:58 PM
I guess everyone could sing it!!!!:D

You know...people gripe about the band...but it's just not gonna be the same with them running out of the tunnel with no fight song!!:(

tigerbyheart
12-07-2006, 02:19 PM
You know...people gripe about the band...but it's just not gonna be the same with them running out of the tunnel with no fight song!!:(

Lets get all the fans to line up at the tunnel and sing the fight song....

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Lets get all the fans to line up at the tunnel and sing the fight song....

LOL!! I am embarrassed to admit that I would have to hum it, I have no idea what the words are!!:blush:

pirate4state
12-07-2006, 02:24 PM
I just read the booster club minutes!! I didn't know that our band wasn't gonna be there....that will be SOO strange!!:confused: :thinking: Why won't they be there???

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: Why won't they be there???

I don't know. The football booster minutes just said they had a previous engagement...so, I have no clue!! (As usual..:crazy1: )

westexasfball87
12-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by The wizard
In addition to Washington who has run and thrown for over 1000 yards, Greenwood also has 2 -1000 yard backs What are these two backs like? I didn't realize that Greenwood had any other backs.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by westexasfball87
What are these two backs like? I didn't realize that Greenwood had any other backs.

I would figure they are talking about the FB, Lane Flowers and the RB, Bryce Williams!

VERNONLION#1
12-07-2006, 02:51 PM

They would probably look at me funny if I even asked. But not a bad idea. Those boys need something to be playing for them while they come out onto the field. I would think that they could postpone there prior engagement!!!!!!!! JMO:(

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 03:00 PM
They would probably look at me funny if I even asked. But not a bad idea. Those boys need something to be playing for them while they come out onto the field. I would think that they could postpone there prior engagement!!!!!!!! JMO:(

I agree!! I am going to find out more and will probably rant about it here!!:p

gobbler grad
12-08-2006, 12:02 PM
GO RANGERS... :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

44INAROW
12-08-2006, 12:05 PM
GO RANGERS :) :)

westexasfball87
12-08-2006, 04:12 PM
I am so ready for this game. It should be hard hitting, with many scores. Power against Power.

tigerbyheart
12-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Go Rangers!!!!!!

stangGirl2007
12-08-2006, 04:24 PM
GO RANGERS! :cheerl: :thumbsup:

Rngrgrad06
12-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Well i certainly wish greenwood the best of luck, just wish I was there to see them play but im stuck down here in Houston. O well Sic 'Em go get 'em

buff4ever
12-08-2006, 05:35 PM
vernon will enjoy this one

Who-dun-it!!?
12-08-2006, 07:43 PM
GO RANGERS!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Good luck to both teams and no injuries for either.

GO RANGERS!!!