PDA

View Full Version : Brownsboro Bears (10-3) vs. Celina Bobcats (13-0)

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Should be another good game--Canton put up a pretty good fight, but the Celina defense was able to bend without breaking.

Brownsboro is the team that lost to Tatum last year 14-13 in the first round, and they brought some talent back, so it should be a pretty good game!

bobcat1
12-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Time will tell on this game. Each week it gets tougher. Each week The Cats have stepped it up. I see no reason for them to stop now. I heard they might run it down our throat. That will be fun to watch. I look forward to a great game at Texas Stadium Friday night. Man that's a big place for one game.:evilgrin:

BILLYFRED0000
12-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey bobcat you have that right. We are going to be too far from the field. I have been there before and it is really not as much fun for the fans. But at least this week we get to "play" someone.
At least that is what I heard. On the other hand did we not hear
that the last two weeks only to find out that the teams we played
were overrated. I just wish the raters would make up their minds.:eek:

lostaussie
12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
BROWNSBORO
Lost to Jacksonville 17-7
Beat Mount Vernon 25-13
Lost to Palestine Westwood 33-20
Beat Sabine 42-0
Beat Rains 17-7
*Beat Van 27-15
*Beat Chapel Hill 33-14
*Lost to Canton 13-8
*Beat Bullard 43-20
*Beat Athens 58-39
Beat Kaufman 44-7
Beat Atlanta 41-29
Beat Pilot Point 28-7
Next: Celina
Brownsboro had some problems early on with some key kids that got in trouble. If I am not mistaken, they sat out the first 3 or 4 games so I think that contributed to a couple of losses. But, they did lose to Canton with all their players. That should be a telltale sign. Celina wins big again!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Celina homie

lostaussie
12-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Celina homie by no means!!!!!!!!!but I am a realist!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 10:16 AM
It's Celina dude...:p

It's like SLC playing someone you knwo they're going to win :p

gobbler grad
12-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Celina wins by a bunch...34-7...:thinking: defense will step up once again...:clap:

dang I wanna see these guys play...:)

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 11:06 AM
how is a Gilmer fan a celina homie?

buff4life
12-03-2006, 03:23 PM
i'm pickin Celine just becuse i don't like Brownsboro

I have a friend who's older brother coaches at Athens and he and many other people said that Brownsboro players were cocky enough to WALK THROUGH the pregame warmups of Athens all the way across the field...in my opinion that is totally disrespectful and I hope Celina clobbers them

GO CELINA

redfish961
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Celina's speed wins this game.

StreetBobcat
12-04-2006, 02:17 AM
I admit I'm a Celina homer, but with looking at massey's ratings I don't think Brownsboro has a very good defense. With that in mind, and the hopes that we can keep our single digit defensive steak going..... I'm saying Celina wins 40 - 7

bobcat1
12-04-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm thinking we better study, strap it on and play, or we could go into off season early. Brownsboro got here and they don't want to go home early anymore than we do. We are playing in Texas Stadium. The "Awe Factor" could be a problem for either team.

necks_c/09
12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
their jerseys are sweet.....celina by alot....and i mean alot....like 30-40 points if they play their A game.

icu812
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by redfish961
Celina's speed wins this game.

Watched them both and Brownsboro is alot faster than Celina. They have a much bigger line too. Brownsboro is alot better than Canton...trust me. But Celina is so well coaches and the players do what they are told to...everytime. I think this game could go either way.

kaorder1999
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
i still dont see how Canton beat them in district. Shows you what an off night can do to the Bears

lostaussie
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by icu812
Brownsboro is alot better than Canton...trust me.

Originally posted by lostaussie
BROWNSBORO
*Lost to Canton 13-8

:thinking:

icu812
12-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Like I said trust me

kaorder1999
12-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Like I said trust me

i agree with you. that was a weird game when Canton beat Brownsboro. I think Brownsboro fumbled like 3 times inside the Canton 5, once on the 1.

kaorder1999
12-04-2006, 12:04 PM
they also had the ball on the 1 yard line right before half and didnt get it in...cant remember if that was the play I was thinking of as a fumble or not. Cant remember....

WildTexan
12-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Canton was mediocre at best....so being better than them, which is debatable since they did indeed lose to them, is no real endorsement.....if they can't beat PP by more than 3 td's (and they were about even at the half), then they ain't gonna hang with Celina...this may well be the 3rd or 4th week this year that the team coming to play Celina has been deemed "much faster".....and yet, still no losses....

Speed don't win football games, TEAMS do.....and Celina plays 1 thru 11 on the field a TEAM game....BB has had a great year to get this far, no doubt, but their run ends this week....if it is still a good game in the 4th Qtr I will be surprised.....

icu812
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
Canton was mediocre at best....so being better than them, which is debatable since they did indeed lose to them, is no real endorsement.....if they can't beat PP by more than 2 td's, then they ain't gonna hang with Celina...this may well be the 3rd or 4th week this year that the team coming to play Celina has been deemed "much faster".....and yet, still no losses....

Speed don't win football games, TEAMS do.....and Celina plays 1 thru 11 on the field a TEAM game....BB has had a great year to get this far, no doubt, but their run ends this week....if it is still a good game in the 4th Qtr I will be surprised.....

I agree with almost everything above BUT you are underestimating Brownsboro. Celina may indeed win but Brownsboro I think has 3 or 4 all state kids on their team. If both teams play to their potential Brownsboro wins. I was very impressed with Celina against a very average Canton team.

BTW, Van destroyed Canton by 3 td's but got beat by Brownsboro in a close game. Van runs an agressive D somewhat similar to Celina and relys on it's power running game. Celina can pass better, has a better line, but their backs aren't near as good. Should be a great game.

bobcat1
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
but their backs aren't near as good.
I'll tell them 2 hammerheads you said so. thanks!

Alaska cat
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Darn...but them two guys that aren't any good average over 100 a game each...but then thats not so bad since the running backs are platooned, and usually 5 or 6 backs play quite a bit.:)

icu812
12-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I'll tell them 2 hammerheads you said so. thanks!

:D Hey it's the truth! Celina's backs are good but Van's backfield consisted of rival's #1 junior rb in the state and a senior rb going to Rice next year. Van underachieved big time this year :( Our offense could learn a thing or two by watching Celina.

WildTexan
12-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Celina's backfield consists of 3 kids that can run from the QB position, and 3-4 RBs that can all tote the rock, behind a line that has a 2 time all state guy, and what might well be 2 all staters this year.....

the key to the Celina running game is.....Who do you key on? Any team that has a great back can be stopped - Celina rarely has a single great back, but they always have a great ground game....the back from BB did look good in the game hilites against PP, but again all I can go back to is if they only beat PP like they did, they may well be in for a long night Friday, because PP is still not within 50 points of Celina....

lostaussie
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
If both teams play to their potential Brownsboro wins. Negative Ghost Rider...............If both teams play to their potential................Celina wins big:doh:

icu812
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Negative Ghost Rider...............If both teams play to their potential................Celina wins big:doh:

Let me put it this way if Brownsboro plays like they did in the Atlanta game they will win, IMHO. However, I wouldn't be surprised if BB played like heck and got beat bad. Celina must always play at a high level or otherwise they would not have won their last 29 games. If Brownsboro comes to play though it'll be a great game.

buff4life
12-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Celina's backfield consists of 3 kids that can run from the QB position, and 3-4 RBs that can all tote the rock, behind a line that has a 2 time all state guy, and what might well be 2 all staters this year.....

the key to the Celina running game is.....Who do you key on? Any team that has a great back can be stopped - Celina rarely has a single great back, but they always have a great ground game....the back from BB did look good in the game hilites against PP, but again all I can go back to is if they only beat PP like they did, they may well be in for a long night Friday, because PP is still not within 50 points of Celina....

nice homerized post...i'll believe half of what you said...lol or maybe three/fourths

dogdad
12-04-2006, 11:01 PM
B'boro has better athletes, good speed, and good size
If B'boro can play mistake-free, they have a good chance to get it done
Bears by 3

Matthew328
12-04-2006, 11:09 PM
You cant compare scores....it'll get you in trouble every time..each game is its own little story...football is a game of matchups..you may wanna listen to kaorder just a bit...he's coached against Brownsboro and Canton and if he says Brownsboro is MUCH better I believe him...from what I heard Brownsboro did fumble 3 times inside the 5 against Canton and ended the first half at the Canton 1.....they made mistakes against PP as well....twice inside the 20 with no points....they can't make those mistakes against Celina....BUT if Brownsboro plays to their potential they will give Celina all they want...

By the way Van's backfield is better than Celina's....Celina just has a better team...Van has the kid who is headed to Rice (Jarvis Crawford?) and senior to be Jermie Calhoun who is a STUD doesn't he have like over 4000 yards in two seasons already?

Brownsboro has their own stud back in Ricco Richards who is not only a good runner but he can catch the ball also

Fletch
12-04-2006, 11:14 PM
No arguing, Celina has a history of having the 2nd best athletes on the field. But when the Division one studs make a mistake, it ends up a "7" on Celina's side of the scoreboard.

:inlove:

Matthew328
12-04-2006, 11:17 PM
No question about that....Celina has made an art form of being "out-athleted" yet winning....Celina may not had D-1 studs BUT 1-11 they are a great team

charlesrixey
12-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Celina has 4 losses since 1998

BILLYFRED0000
12-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
nice homerized post...i'll believe half of what you said...lol or maybe three/fourths

I hate to tell you this but it is all accurate. In fact if you were at the Canton game you would have seen it. We had all three QB's
and all 4 backs in at different times. Number 2 QB scored on a 45
yard run and a 60 yard pass play And had a INT when playing his normal position which is all state first team FS from last year. Number 1 QB had a run of over 40 yards and an INT when playing D and a TD pass of 29 yards. And D'anton only ran one or two plays from QB but had a couple of 8 or 9 yard gains. Then one of those backs that werent so good was the recipient of that 60 yard pass play and out ran Canton easily after faking the DB out of his jock strap. And you know what, I did not think we played as well as we should have. Just did not get up for Canton after we played a Madison team that a lot of people said we could not beat. Of course now they say Madison was overrated.

BILLYFRED0000
12-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
No question about that....Celina has made an art form of being "out-athleted" yet winning....Celina may not had D-1 studs BUT 1-11 they are a great team

We do have an occasional d1 stud. I know we have a 3 year starter at Rice. And a lineman currently committed to OSU.
What we have are shifty quick runners with power. All run 4.5 or
4.6 except Hindu and all are elusive with good vision. Give them
a crease and they make it to the secondary. That's all any good team will ever need. And as a tribute to one of our players, his
dad is a Celina alum and played In the NFL. Denver, Giants, and someone else. He is currently the RB coach for the Dallas Cowboys. And we did have Adam James last year go to Tech. He
is the son of Craig James of SMU and New England Patriots fame.

WildTexan
12-05-2006, 02:04 AM
gee....so many times you see "if they play mistake free....bla bla bla..."

heck, if Prosper could play mistake free they could play with RC....if Whitesboro could play mistake free they would have made the playoffs.....if BB had played mistake free they would have beaten Canton....if Madison had played mistake free they could have made the Celina game a little closer....

fact is, Celina is pretty good this year....and I'm bettin even as improved as RC was this year, Celina still would have beaten them had they played....part of the reason other teams make mistakes when they play Celina is the constant pressure applied, so if a BB team is messin up against PP, and you folks that were at the game saw mistakes being made, then I am not betting BB will play a mistake-free contest this week.....I do not think Celina plays mistake free most weeks either, but they tend to cause more miscues than they make, so that expands the lead most weeks....

I do think Celina will win by more than 2 td's this week, and then we see about next week if we have to go to Abilene or so for a Midland team, or maybe just to Aledo for a Vernon game....

and we just let Regions 3/4 sort themselves out in the mean time.....

BILLYFRED0000
12-05-2006, 02:10 AM
gee....so many times you see "if they play mistake free....bla bla bla..."

heck, if Prosper could play mistake free they could play with RC....if Whitesboro could play mistake free they would have made the playoffs.....if BB had played mistake free they would have beaten Canton....if Madison had played mistake free they could have made the Celina game a little closer....

fact is, Celina is pretty good this year....and I'm bettin even as improved as RC was this year, Celina still would have beaten them had they played....part of the reason other teams make mistakes when they play Celina is the constant pressure applied, so if a BB team is messin up against PP, and you folks that were at the game saw mistakes being made, then I am not betting BB will play a mistake-free contest this week.....I do not think Celina plays mistake free most weeks either, but they tend to cause more miscues than they make, so that expands the lead most weeks....

I do think Celina will win by more than 2 td's this week, and then we see about next week if we have to go to Abilene or so for a Midland team, or maybe just to Aledo for a Vernon game....

and we just let Regions 3/4 sort themselves out in the mean time.....

That's right brother. Let's shoot'em all and let God sort'em out.

Boosty_Hondo
12-05-2006, 02:17 AM
going for the under dogs brownsboro

WildTexan
12-05-2006, 02:53 AM
"By the way Van's backfield is better than Celina's....Celina just has a better team...Van has the kid who is headed to Rice (Jarvis Crawford?) and senior to be Jermie Calhoun who is a STUD doesn't he have like over 4000 yards in two seasons already? "

and these bad boys have combined for how many playoff wins thus far?

stud players only matter in February when they sign to play the next level.....in December the team rules, not the individual players.....

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 09:07 AM
GO BROWNSBORO!

BobcatBenny
12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
GO BROWNSBORO!

I'm pretty sure that there is more truth to that statement than you realize.

Based on what I know, Brownsboro is already gone!

I do not even know why they play these games. :eek:

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 09:23 AM
does anyone have Ricco's season stats?

Matthew328
12-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry to burst the bubble Wild Texan but Van's backfield is better than Celina's...again that's just that one positon....Celina has better depth and a better offensive line, thus making it a better team...but if I want just two running backs to go with give me the two Van kids....

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Sorry to burst the bubble Wild Texan but Van's backfield is better than Celina's...again that's just that one positon....Celina has better depth and a better offensive line, thus making it a better team...but if I want just two running backs to go with give me the two Van kids....

I think Edwards is a pretty good olineman

WildTexan
12-05-2006, 12:28 PM
ain't no bubble to bust....Celina plays LOTS of teams with a better QB or RB's or WR's or LB's.....a few key players that excel our own does not make the difference.....winning the games makes the difference...

I am sorry to break your Van bubble, but give me a 13-0 record and still playing toward a title over getting to brag about how good those boys over yonder bouncing that round ball are at football anyday.....

I'm bettin McNeil was better at RB than any we had, but he is done....that Kitchens kid may well be a better QB than any we have, but we won that game....and those Van kids may be awesome, but they got no playoff games out of the deal....

nope, I'd not trade gettin to brag about how great 1 or 2 players on our team is in exchange for the success of the team overall....I'd rather have it our way....

icu812
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
The fact that Celina can do what they do without having multiple stand out D1 type athletes says alot about how good a football program Celina is. I wish we had that kind of program but as of now we don't. We have zero, zip, nada in the way of playoff wins this year. Just to inconsistant. So all I have left is our rb's are better than yours :doh:

Brownsboro also has multiple stand out athletes. But historically BB doesn't have as good a program as Celina....besides SLC who does...lol I still think if BB plays well they can win.

Matthew328
12-05-2006, 03:08 PM
There's no question I'd take Celina's 13-0 record over great athletes as well..all I am saying is when you have the kind of talent Brownsboro has you must be wary....I don't think Celina rolls this week...heck I picked Celina by double digits over Madison...but I'm not picking them by double digits this week....this won't be a slam dunk for Celina this week..

bobcat1
12-05-2006, 03:13 PM
I could be wrong but I believe in Celina's coaching and the team bond they have. Have you ever watched a swiss clock work?

Matthew328
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I've watched both a swiss clock and Celina....give me Celina...

Centexhorn
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Not to be picky but Celina is always deceptively slow, those bright orange uniforms disguise the fact they have very good team speed.

Also. they have a couple on the DL that are D1 quality, so they will likely control the line of scrimmage usually when BB has the ball.

That and the fact they have SLC type efficiency, spells out a 42-14 Celina win if you ask me.

Yes, I know about Lonnie Edwards, it would take about three just like him to hold of the Celina front line.

Matthew328
12-05-2006, 05:35 PM
I wish Celina would put some kind of decal on their helmets...what happened to the C they used to have when they had the white helmets...I kinda like the orange helmet but something on em! LOL

tigerpride_08
12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
i pick Celina in this one...

OldNavy
12-05-2006, 09:20 PM
The fact that Celina can do what they do without having multiple stand out D1 type athletes says alot about how good a football program Celina is. I wish we had that kind of program but as of now we don't. We have zero, zip, nada in the way of playoff wins this year. Just to inconsistant. So all I have left is our rb's are better than yours :doh:

Brownsboro also has multiple stand out athletes. But historically BB doesn't have as good a program as Celina....besides SLC who does...lol I still think if BB plays well they can win.

Celina can be beaten, they have lost 4 times over the last 5 years. It has been to real talanted and solid programs. Brownsboro may be that type program. The skepticism may come from their record. They have beaten teams with a combined record of 41 wins and 61 losses. In match-ups against teams with winning records they are 3 and 3, having beaten 8-3 Rains, 6-4 Van and 8-5 Pilot point. Their losses came from 6-4 Jacksonville, 6-4 Palistine Westwood and 8-5 Canton. That could be a consistency issue. But, if Brownsbor brings their A game it could be tough. I believe that 5-7 Atlanta was by far the best 5-7 team in the state. Should be good weather and a great venue. I hope to be there.

WildTexan
12-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I do not think anyone has ever claimed Celina can not be beaten....but the mere fact it has only happened 4 times since the start of the 1999 season shows you best be on that night to get it done....BB may well be our best game thus far for the year, we shall see, but them beating Rains or PP does not impress me at all, and I have no clue of Van....but losing to Canton was one to pique my interest, after seeing them last week.....

I hope it is a good game, since we see so few of those....like the Pewitt game was last year....that was one great game to witness....

charlesrixey
12-06-2006, 12:43 AM
wish i could have been there last year.....:(

icu812
12-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I do not think anyone has ever claimed Celina can not be beaten....but the mere fact it has only happened 4 times since the start of the 1999 season shows you best be on that night to get it done....BB may well be our best game thus far for the year, we shall see, but them beating Rains or PP does not impress me at all, and I have no clue of Van....but losing to Canton was one to pique my interest, after seeing them last week.....

BB loss to Canton shocked everybody because Canton wasn't considered to be that good. We even beat them by 3 td's. BB is a much more talented team. Canton couldn't pass. BB can run and pass effectively.

I still can't believe Celina has only lost 4 times since 1999.......that is insane.

BTW-Canton's coaching staff did a nice job getting them to the 3rd round this year after they lost maybe the best QB/WR combo in the state.

charlesrixey
12-07-2006, 02:33 PM
i agree, canton making it as far as they did, especially considering they advanced further than Gilmer, must be a little bit of vindication for them.

I also agree Brownsboro is better than canton

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I agree with almost everything above BUT you are underestimating Brownsboro. Celina may indeed win but Brownsboro I think has 3 or 4 all state kids on their team. If both teams play to their potential Brownsboro wins. I was very impressed with Celina against a very average Canton team.

BTW, Van destroyed Canton by 3 td's but got beat by Brownsboro in a close game. Van runs an agressive D somewhat similar to Celina and relys on it's power running game. Celina can pass better, has a better line, but their backs aren't near as good. Should be a great game.

So do we.....

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Let me put it this way if Brownsboro plays like they did in the Atlanta game they will win, IMHO. However, I wouldn't be surprised if BB played like heck and got beat bad. Celina must always play at a high level or otherwise they would not have won their last 29 games. If Brownsboro comes to play though it'll be a great game.

If they play like they did against atlanta the will still Lose. Atlanta
is not in the top 40 and Bboro just got past them.

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 06:49 PM
BB loss to Canton shocked everybody because Canton wasn't considered to be that good. We even beat them by 3 td's. BB is a much more talented team. Canton couldn't pass. BB can run and pass effectively.

I still can't believe Celina has only lost 4 times since 1999.......that is insane.

BTW-Canton's coaching staff did a nice job getting them to the 3rd round this year after they lost maybe the best QB/WR combo in the state.

In reality, we have only lost 4 times since week 8 in 98 and have
5 state titles to show for it. 124 and 4.