PDA

View Full Version : Lets start the Coaching Change rumors now

injuredinmelee
12-03-2006, 12:51 AM
I say Jackson (Sweetwater) moves on this year.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Five solid years with a great 3A program, I see him moving on but who's to say.

injuredinmelee
12-03-2006, 01:42 AM
he interviews for other openings every winter but I wouldnt have left with Banyard and Greene coming back for their senior year. he is a hot commodity and I see him getting a good 4 or 5A job.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-03-2006, 01:44 AM
I played for him and he really loves Odessa High, I remember a few years ago he applied there.

injuredinmelee
12-03-2006, 01:59 AM
wasnt he one of the 5 finalist for the Lee and Permian job also? I know he was getting strong consideration at Cooper before he pulled his name.

Technoredneck
12-03-2006, 02:01 AM
This is old news, one of the S'water guys said something about his house being for sale shortly after the Vernon loss.

injuredinmelee
12-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
This is old news, one of the S'water guys said something about his house being for sale shortly after the Vernon loss.
I have been predicting for two years that when JB and SG left he would get serious about moving up to a bigger assignment.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I heard Cuero's coach is on the hot seat :p

injuredinmelee
12-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

I dont know how he could be. He only goes about 12-1 every year. NO school could realistically believe that they can win state every year. Cuero is among the elite in the state every season.

VERNONLION#1
12-03-2006, 11:05 AM

Maybe Vernon. Hall out Jackson in. LOL:D

VWG
12-03-2006, 11:08 AM
What jobs could be opening up in Region I... 4A or 5A?
Permian, SA Central, Brownwood, Abilene and Cooper, etc.... they are all locked down.
Nobody wants SA Lakeview, and Odessa High would be a tough place to win even with 4 teams making the playoffs now in 5A.
I would think any coach taking an Odessa High job would take it for the salary upgrade.
The metroplex will be popping up openings such as McKinney (4A)..... and there will be several others coming up.
What about Owens at Monahans? I would think he is another candidate for moving up to a 4A or 5A job.
McCoy at Graham interviewed last year for the Cooper job along with Jackson. He also interviewed for the SA Central job and was a finalist if I am not mistaken.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Do you post just to see yourself type? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DukeNukem
12-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Permian, SA Central, Brownwood, Abilene and Cooper, etc.... they are all locked down.
Nobody wants SA Lakeview, and Odessa High would be a tough place to win even with 4 teams making the playoffs now in 5A.
I would think any coach taking an Odessa High job would take it for the salary upgrade.
The metroplex will be popping up openings such as McKinney (4A)..... and there will be several others coming up.
What about Owens at Monahans? I would think he is another candidate for moving up to a 4A or 5A job.
McCoy at Graham interviewed last year for the Cooper job along with Jackson. He also interviewed for the SA Central job and was a finalist if I am not mistaken.

the only prime 4a or 5a job in region 1 that may come open is Midland Lee and that is a big maybe.

gobbler grad
12-03-2006, 12:22 PM

:thinking: wonder where that came from...

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you post just to see yourself type? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and NOW somebody else is seeing what I've seen for a long time! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree with VWG that McCoy is definitely one to consider. Though the two playoff wins will help change the senitment in Graham, I still won't be surprised to see him move on to give his son a chance to get some good exposure in college. The other night I heard somebody throw out Burnet...remember that him and Shipley were roommates @ ACU! ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and NOW somebody else is seeing what I've seen for a long time! :thumbsup:
It's been SEEN and mentioned more than once, just maybe not that you saw. :p ;)

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's been SEEN and mentioned more than once, just maybe not that you saw. :p ;)

I guess I've missed that. I try tol limit my complaints to once a day...it actually worked yesterday! :)

44INAROW
12-03-2006, 12:43 PM

never mind.......

CueroDad2006
12-03-2006, 01:03 PM
I dont know how he could be. He only goes about 12-1 every year. NO school could realistically believe that they can win state every year. Cuero is among the elite in the state every season.

Most would dream to have the kind of talent that has been here in Cuero,He has never one the big game before he got here and has yet to prove he can........There is not a coach out there that would not have gone 12-1 every year with the talent that was handed to him when he got here.............Alot of Cuero loves him and his son.....and so do I
But bottom line He is a good coach......just not "championship" good.

Tx Challenge
12-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Most would dream to have the kind of talent that has been here in Cuero,He has never one the big game before he got here and has yet to prove he can........There is not a coach out there that would not have gone 12-1 every year with the talent that was handed to him when he got here.............Alot of Cuero loves him and his son.....and so do I

No way ANY coach could go 12-1 with just talent alone. Give the guy some credit. I have seen Cuero play only about 5 times over the past 3 years. They always display class and good sportsmanship. A coach has to instill this. I am sure there would be a line waiting to interview him if he were to leave

VWG
12-03-2006, 02:53 PM
I agree with VWG that McCoy is definitely one to consider. Though the two playoff wins will help change the senitment in Graham, I still won't be surprised to see him move on to give his son a chance to get some good exposure in college. The other night I heard somebody throw out Burnet...remember that him and Shipley were roommates @ ACU! ;)

No way this will happen. First off, Burnet ISD isn't known for top of the pay scale... and McCoy isn't going to take an assistant position. This has happened a few times in recent years. West went from Mineral Wells HC to Gainesville assistant, and his son Jacob was the QB. And Doege took assistant job at W. Frenship after being HC at Crane, and his son Seth was the QB.
I know West had to take a pay cut, but I am not sure about how much the Crane job would've paid.
All in all.... if McCoy, Jackson, Owens... any good 3A coach leaves it will be for more $$ and usually at a larger school.

tuff26
12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
TTT

CueroDad2006
12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
No way ANY coach could go 12-1 with just talent alone. Give the guy some credit. I have seen Cuero play only about 5 times over the past 3 years. They always display class and good sportsmanship. A coach has to instill this. I am sure there would be a line waiting to interview him if he were to leave

You would think not......But others and I tried to tell everyone 4 years ago Cuero did not get the right coach,and 4 years later I for one can say I told you so. Good coach but not "championship"kind you need to go with team loaded on both sides of ball as well as on the bench.

wooden bear
12-03-2006, 11:09 PM

How do you know this? Are you in the meetings, are you at every scouting report? Every practice? He is a championship coach.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
the only prime 4a or 5a job in region 1 that may come open is Midland Lee and that is a big maybe.

If the posters on the old "Little Southwest Conference" site have anything to do with it.....Midland Lee will be WIDE open!!:D

Pmoney
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If the posters on the old "Little Southwest Conference" site have anything to do with it.....Midland Lee will be WIDE open!!:D
hopefully not give Quisenberry another year...he will get it turned around

Highschoolfan78
12-04-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm going to keep my mouth shut pretty much on this one.. but i will say one thing..

yall are crazy to think someone could have achieved more after the 99-02 era in Cuero. The whole mentality changed from then till now.

JR2004
12-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge

I'm sure his alma mater, Gatesville, would love to have him come back home and coach the Fightin Hornets now that the job is open. :)

GreenMachine
12-04-2006, 06:55 AM
But bottom line He is a good coach......just not "championship" good. I believe that coach Reeve is championship good...period. It is not easy to win a state title, yet he and his staff put us in a position to win every year. Sure, it hasn't happened YET, but he will keep trying. I for one likes how he has the team playing with class, and more importantly, look at the grades of the players on the team. He preaches academics first, then football. We had 14 varsity players with a 92.0 gpa or better, and a lot more with a 90.0 gpa or better. That, my friend, speaks volumes! I hope that coach Reeve, or his son, is coaching here when my two boys, 4th and 5th graders, get into football...and I'm sure they will!!!!

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
How do you know this? Are you in the meetings, are you at every scouting report? Every practice? He is a championship coach.

Are you?

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 08:05 AM
McCoy at Graham will try and get a 4-5A job for Chase to get more exposure. Chase is gonna be a great one IMO.

wyliegrad04
12-04-2006, 09:39 AM
heard Sandifer was looking to move on to bigger & better things ...

ok, maybe not ... but you always hear rumors. he was in the pool for the ACU job, I actually saw him here on the ACU campus about 2 minutes after he got done meeting with Jared and the athletic staff. How often do you see Sandifer dressed in a coat/tie? You know something is up when you see that ...

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
heard Sandifer was looking to move on to bigger & better things ...

ok, maybe not ... but you always hear rumors. he was in the pool for the ACU job, I actually saw him here on the ACU campus about 2 minutes after he got done meeting with Jared and the athletic staff. How often do you see Sandifer dressed in a coat/tie? You know something is up when you see that ...

The ACU job would be Sandifer's "dream job" IMO. The only other place I could see him heading is to Austin to be an assistant for Mack because of the relationship and respect that they have for each other. I don't see him really wanting another HS job as the pay won't go up significantly over what he's getting right now (he's making as much as the 5A Abilene schools) and he won't find another program where has 100% support from the community that will be there through thick and thin.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Sandifer will be at Wylie until he retires or moves to ACU. I cant imagine anyone making an offer better than all of the ones he has already recieved.

Black_Magic
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
WOW!! now that one was a hard one to predict :rolleyes: I say he moves on now or he stays at least another 4 years. I believe he moves on. I saw this coming 2 years ago. Not that I blame him. Sweetwater is a tough place to coach. He has taken heat in the last 2-3 years. Winning is expected regardless of actual tallent level.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
WOW!! now that one was a hard one to predict :rolleyes: I say he moves on now or he stays at least another 4 years. I believe he moves on. I saw this coming 2 years ago. Not that I blame him. Sweetwater is a tough place to coach. He has taken heat in the last 2-3 years. Winning is expected regardless of actual tallent level.

I ahve been saying the same thing for two years also. If you would have tried pulling your head out of the nether regions of your anus you would have seen that in another reply.

zeus63
12-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by VWG

SA Central just a neew AD this year. Don't think they will fire him, especailly after getting to round 2 his first year.

wooden bear
12-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Are you?

More than you know buddy

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
SA Central just a neew AD this year. Don't think they will fire him, especailly after getting to round 2 his first year.

I think he is referring to him being a finalist last offseason...

Funk-d-fied
Coaches move around to get exposure for their kids alot, Take Coach Doege of Frenship, he was a great coach and had alot of wins at Crae a 2A school, then he left the AD position to coach offensive line at Frenship so his son could get exposure, his son was a great athlete anyway but if you look at the 2007 Tech commits guess who is a committed recruit? His son is and he is only a junior.

Adidas410s
More than you know buddy

Yes...they've started hiring 19 year old coaches in Cuero now! :rolleyes:

wooden bear
12-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes...they've started hiring 19 year old coaches in Cuero now! :rolleyes:

Im just saying that I know what kind of a coach he is and know that he changed everything in that program.

Texasfootball2
12-04-2006, 12:31 PM

OK, I here this all the time on TV. Trust me on this one. Yes, they played together at ACU because I was there with both of them, but they were never roommates. Don't know where that rumor got started. McCoy's roommate just also happens to be on his staff right now. His name is Kenny Davidson.

wyliegrad04
12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
The ACU job would be Sandifer's "dream job" IMO. The only other place I could see him heading is to Austin to be an assistant for Mack because of the relationship and respect that they have for each other. I don't see him really wanting another HS job as the pay won't go up significantly over what he's getting right now (he's making as much as the 5A Abilene schools) and he won't find another program where has 100% support from the community that will be there through thick and thin.

Would be interesting if he did head to Austin eventually ... I think he would wait until his youngest daughter gets out of Wylie first. I hope so at least. That's why I thought he would be very interested in the ACU job because his daughter could still go to Wylie ... and get a heck of a break on tuition at ACU haha!

I think he'll be at Wylie for many more years ... I think as Wylie grows larger and larger, he might move into more of an AD role and have another head coach (talking like 10 years down the road ...).

Anyone hear about the new athletic wing they are adding to the high school? The gym is finally getting much needed renovations. Lets just hope they do something about the HVAC in there.

mrescape43
12-04-2006, 01:22 PM

I think that I read an article last year that stated that the Abilene Cooper HC job would pay about 15,000 more than what Sandifer was making at Wylie.

Texasfootball2
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I think that I read an article last year that stated that the Abilene Cooper HC job would pay about 15,000 more than what Sandifer was making at Wylie.

Why would he want to give up top rate facilities, great kids, unbelievable community support, and Job security, for $15,000, 4A enrollment, tough district, poor facilities, land lock district zones, a school board that is pro Abilene High, and many other reasons. Even if Wylie does eventually go 4A, it's still a better job.

wyliegrad04
12-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Why would he want to give up top rate facilities, great kids, unbelievable community support, and Job security, for $15,000, 4A enrollment, tough district, poor facilities, land lock district zones, a school board that is pro Abilene High, and many other reasons. Even if Wylie does eventually go 4A, it's still a better job.

I don't think he would ... I doubt he was seriously considering it. I don't know if the AISD coaches make $15,000 more, but I do know they get car allowances and some other stuff Sandifer doesn't. Don't think that would get Sandifer to Cooper though ... he'll keep on driving his little red truck until it falls apart :)

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Im just saying that I know what kind of a coach he is and know that he changed everything in that program.

well why cant he get over the hump?

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 05:50 PM

3 or 4 years they listed the salaries of all 3 coaches...Sandifer was right around $90k and Quisenberry (then still at Cooper) and Warren were both at $94k. It caused a big uproar in the editorials and I was the only one to have a letter printed in support of their salaries.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-04-2006, 05:54 PM
3 or 4 years they listed the salaries of all 3 coaches...Sandifer was right around $90k and Quisenberry (then still at Cooper) and Warren were both at $94k. It caused a big uproar in the editorials and I was the only one to have a letter printed in support of their salaries.

This is from an article (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49495&highlight=salaries) that I posted a while back....

The Abilene ISD pays both Cooper head coach Mike Spradlin and Abilene High's Steve Warren base salaries of $98,502 annually. Wylie's Hugh Sandifer receives $83,122 for his duties as the school's athletic director and head football coach.

wooden bear
12-04-2006, 05:59 PM
well why cant he get over the hump?

Hes not out there making the plays. Hes not the one that didnt put the ball in the endzone in 04. He has he teamed as prepared as they can get.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Anyone hear about the new athletic wing they are adding to the high school? The gym is finally getting much needed renovations. Lets just hope they do something about the HVAC in there.

I havent haeard about that. I wish they would build the coaches offices and Locker rooms onto the Doghouse.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Hes not out there making the plays. Hes not the one that didnt put the ball in the endzone in 04. He has he teamed as prepared as they can get.

I am a huge fan of Cuero and adore many of the posters from there but I think he got outcoached in 04 by Sandifer. Cuero had so much more talent on the field but the Gobbler game plan was suspect to say the least. I was very close to the 04 Wylie team and think that the group of kids were very special. They were a bunch of tough kids that played as a team and got the job done.

wooden bear
12-04-2006, 06:53 PM
I am a huge fan of Cuero and adore many of the posters from there but I think he got outcoached in 04 by Sandifer. Cuero had so much more talent on the field but the Gobbler game plan was suspect to say the least. I was very close to the 04 Wylie team and think that the group of kids were very special. They were a bunch of tough kids that played as a team and got the job done.

I will somewhat agree with you on that one. No doubt Cuero had more talent. I have heard a lot of people from cuero say that on the last drive he got way to conservative. I for one dont really like to blame the coach though, we should have made the play when in counted.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I will somewhat agree with you on that one. No doubt Cuero had more talent. I have heard a lot of people from cuero say that on the last drive he got way to conservative. I for one dont really like to blame the coach though, we should have made the play when in counted.

He has to have something going for him. Sure he has a ton of talent but it is tough keeping 50 kids focused on a single goal year round. I see metro plex teams and used to see houston area teams that were loaded with athletic talent and it was never harnessed. You can have all the talent inthe world and it wont matter if you dont have a great system. Look at Cuero's lower grades teams. How do they do? He has a system in place that seems to be working but he is going to have to get over that little hump. Sandifer was a great coach that had never won a championship and now he got over the hump.

Class 3A is the hardest class to predict. You have such a differential in enrollments. YOu have your favorites every year. The two teams that me and about 75% of the rest of the state picked to win state and one of them was playing basketball after round 1 the other got bounced last week. There is always a dark horse that screws the entire thing up. I also am a firm believer in destiny. You can see it click on for some teams. You can recognize that moment in time in the season when you just get that feeling that this team is gonna do it. There are a few flash in the pans every season that just have a few good football palyers on one team and they get the title but it is the schools that you can count on every year to make the playoffs that you know they have the right system and program in place. It is like that in every classification.
5A ( or whatever other class they are in) SLC, Lufkin, Katy, Westlake, etc
4A Bwood, Stephenville, Aledo, Ennis, Highland Park, etc
3A Wylie, Cuero, Wimberly, etc...

I could go on and on.

wooden bear
12-04-2006, 07:06 PM
He has to have something going for him. Sure he has a ton of talent but it is tough keeping 50 kids focused on a single goal year round. I see metro plex teams and used to see houston area teams that were loaded with athletic talent and it was never harnessed. You can have all the talent inthe world and it wont matter if you dont have a great system. Look at Cuero's lower grades teams. How do they do? He has a system in place that seems to be working but he is going to have to get over that little hump. Sandifer was a great coach that had never won a championship and now he got over the hump.

Class 3A is the hardest class to predict. You have such a differential in enrollments. YOu have your favorites every year. The two teams that me and about 75% of the rest of the state picked to win state and one of them was playing basketball after round 1 the other got bounced last week. There is always a dark horse that screws the entire thing up. I also am a firm believer in destiny. You can see it click on for some teams. You can recognize that moment in time in the season when you just get that feeling that this team is gonna do it. There are a few flash in the pans every season that just have a few good football palyers on one team and they get the title but it is the schools that you can count on every year to make the playoffs that you know they have the right system and program in place. It is like that in every classification.
5A ( or whatever other class they are in) SLC, Lufkin, Katy, Westlake, etc
4A Bwood, Stephenville, Aledo, Ennis, Highland Park, etc
3A Wylie, Cuero, Wimberly, etc...

I could go on and on.

I agree 100%. I was just responding to the cuero guy who said that he is not a championship coach. Ive been around this guy a ton and I truly believe he is. Like someone said earlier he does more than just coach football as a lot do, he teaches you more.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I agree 100%. I was just responding to the cuero guy who said that he is not a championship coach. Ive been around this guy a ton and I truly believe he is. Like someone said earlier he does more than just coach football as a lot do, he teaches you more.

If this guy hasnt done enough at Cuero then I cant imagine anyone wanting to take that job long term if the current coach hasnt met the towns expectations.

mrescape43
12-04-2006, 07:33 PM

I didn't say that it was a better job, I was just reporting that he isn't making as much as the 5A coaches in Abilene.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I didn't say that it was a better job, I was just reporting that he isn't making as much as the 5A coaches in Abilene.

He is making more than the Supt isnt he? I thought I read that somewhere recently.

mrescape43
12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
He is making more than the Supt isnt he? I thought I read that somewhere recently.

I don't know about that one. The only thing I read was the article that stated Sandifer was making about 15,000 less than Abilene 5A coaches.

CueroDad2006
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM

Trust me I first hand know the guy and his son.....played for him and played on same team as his son did.He is a good coach dont get me wrong........."BUT" he cant win a big game.........he has been at this way to long to say he is a big game coach.....his record speaks for itself......Some will always be known as a big time big game coach.and this cuero coach will not retire as a big time big game coach......He will retire as a another good highschool coach and thats it.........It was just ashamd 4 years ago when he was picked to coach a group of kids from Jr. to high school,which was loaded as much as cuero was. Alot of you think he is a great man as well as I do.....I for one just know the way he has coached and will always coach.And mark my word now,he and his son will be fast to be gone when it looks like the crop is not as good as the years past.Will never stick around to really coach guys without the tallent he has had the last 4 years....He will take is 12-1 year after record and go to the next town that looks like great kids all up and down each grade.

GreenGobbla
12-04-2006, 07:49 PM
yeah yeah...

CueroDad2006
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
yeah yeah...

you free to voice what you think.........go on talk to me

GreenGobbla
12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
im scared, becuz you know more than i do about football, and i would hate for you to make me look bad...

CueroDad2006
12-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
im scared, becuz you know more than i do about football, and i would hate for you to make me look bad...

Take it you are one that thinks he has done a great job with what he has had to work with?

westcoast54
12-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Green Monster, I'm just asking. Is Ellis at IP looking? Heard he may be on his way out. Figured he had plenty of job security.

cr180t
12-05-2006, 11:28 AM
TTT

Texasfootball2
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM

Actually the state has madatory pay scales. The Superintendent is the highest payed, then Asst Supts. , then campus Principal ( HS ), then AD and so on, but I don't think the state would allow an AD to make more than the Superintendent?

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Actually the state has madatory pay scales. The Superintendent is the highest payed, then Asst Supts. , then campus Principal ( HS ), then AD and so on, but I don't think the state would allow an AD to make more than the Superintendent?

I think that H does make more than Mr. H. When Harrison was hired just a few years ago I think his salary was like 66,000 plus car allowance. I bet H.S. was making more than that.

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 12:22 PM
there are HFC/AD's that make more then their campus principal. The Dallas Morning News ran an article about it not long ago listing the coaches that made more then their principal!

chugbug
12-05-2006, 12:41 PM
What about Sealy. What is going on in Sealy. How long are we going to live without going to the playoffs?:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Snyder_TigerFan
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
I think that H does make more than Mr. H. When Harrison was hired just a few years ago I think his salary was like 66,000 plus car allowance. I bet H.S. was making more than that.

According to the TEA (http://www.tea.state.tx.us/adhocrpt/adpea06.html) website Harrison makes $101,820 and according to a recent article in the newspaper Sandifur pulls in 83K.

coiled2strike
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
What about Sealy. What is going on in Sealy. How long are we going to live without going to the playoffs?:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

i think they are overcoming some growing pains in sealy...many discipline issues this year...

cr180t
12-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Good stuff

CueroDad2006
12-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Lets get back to the Cuero coach........Anyone care to agree or disagree?

gobbler grad
12-05-2006, 10:14 PM

WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON THE SUBJECT...:thinking:

wooden bear
12-06-2006, 12:35 AM

Did he not play your coach or something good god. Guess you could have won with that talent huh?

Highschoolfan78
12-06-2006, 02:24 AM
I disagree to get back on that subject

gato 76
12-06-2006, 09:11 AM

Hey dude,this is Cuero not South Lake Carrol,La Marque,Katy you guys are lucky to have this coach there.I mean no disrespect to my friends in Cuero but i did not think you guys had the talent to make it to state.I pretty much thought you guys could win at least 10-12 games max.The kind of talent you are taliking about are with schools with 2000-4000 kids,and here you are talking about a little ole 3a school with a 700 student enrollment.You better be careful what you wish for cause they might be a coaching job in the land of the city cats,you guys remember that was Reeve's 1st choice to coach.

Go Cuero
12-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
Hey dude,this is Cuero not South Lake Carrol,La Marque,Katy you guys are lucky to have this coach there.I mean no disrespect to my friends in Cuero but i did not think you guys had the talent to make it to state.I pretty much thought you guys could win at least 10-12 games max.The kind of talent you are taliking about are with schools with 2000-4000 kids,and here you are talking about a little ole 3a school with a 700 student enrollment.You better be careful what you wish for cause they might be a coaching job in the land of the city cats,you guys remember that was Reeve's 1st choice to coach.

So the talent comes from the student body count and not the actual kids who play? I have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement.

gato 76
12-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Go Cuero
So the talent comes from the student body count and not the actual kids who play? I have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement.

You know what im talking about.If you guys don't watch it your coach maybe looking for greener pastures.

Go Cuero
12-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
You know what im talking about.If you guys don't watch it your coach maybe looking for greener pastures.

Actually I don't know what you are talking about. I don't usually post on threads were people are going back and forth because it usually all ends up to a matter of opinion but I just want to clarify....I didn't say anything about Coach Reeve in my post. Could he go elsewhere...who really knows other then Coach Reeve. But that's not what I was disagreeing w/in your post. I was disagreeing w/your comment about only bigger schools having the talent and not understanding why that statement was made in this thread. That little old 3a school you are talking about has alot of talent. Yeah they didn't make it to state this year...in football. But there is plenty of talent there. :)