PDA

View Full Version : PANTHERS/Sweeny and the Future

rundoe
12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I guess that The Tank knows who Lattimore is now!! I also think he met a few more Panthers today. Good Player.

Good Game Sweeny, Good luck in the future.

Saw Giddings players and Wimberly Players there today. We'll be ready to play next week guys!!

LH In Victory, Class and Style. Congrats to the to the whole team. Defence and Offense clicked today.

You guys have what it takes!!!!!!!

Hardest working bunch of kids I have ever known. Guess getting up every morning at 6 A.M. all summer is paying off.

You have what it takes to take it all this year. Because you have the talent, you believe in yourselves, and we believe with you.

Hats off to the coaching staff too.

PANTHER BALL RULES!!!!!!
Rundoe::clap:

maestro
12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
great season sweeny.

the senior class really stepped it up.

LHMom
12-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
I guess that The Tank knows who Lattimore is now!!

I think it was the gloves. ;)

LHPfactory
12-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Great post rudoe, Panthers , we are behind you all the way, keep it up, you can shock everyone but your community, because we already know you can go the distance.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Panthers , we are behind you all the way, keep it up, you can shock everyone but your community, because we already know you can go the distance.
That brought tears to my eyes and it is SO true!

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Great post rudoe, Panthers , we are behind you all the way, keep it up, you can shock everyone but your community, because we already know you can go the distance. Won't shock me!! I've been saying it since I saw your guys play against Cuero!! :clap:

Been on the PANTHER bandwagon since that game!! :D Well, maybe before that, but ESPECIALLY since then. ;)

44INAROW
12-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Won't shock me!! I've been saying it since I saw your guys play against Cuero!! :clap:

Been on the PANTHER bandwagon since that game!! :D Well, maybe before that, but ESPECIALLY since then. ;)

got one more seat?:D

Dogs_21
12-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Tank is a good player and Liberty Hill is a good team..So who ever is trying to talk crap about Tank needs to put a cap on it because he is a D-I player and I didn't see any D-I caliber players on the Liberty Hill side...But like I said Liberty Hill is a good team and you cant take that from them.

carter08
12-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Where is Tank going to play College Ball

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
got one more seat?:D Got plenty of room!!! :D :D

Crow22
12-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Tank is a good player and Liberty Hill is a good team..So who ever is trying to talk crap about Tank needs to put a cap on it because he is a D-I player and I didn't see any D-I caliber players on the Liberty Hill side...But like I said Liberty Hill is a good team and you cant take that from them.

Tank is a very good hs player but D1 he isn't....

Where would he play? Linebacker? Too small....

Fullback? Not fast enough....

Safety? Too slow....

DEFINITELY a D1-AA or somewhere along those lines. Tank is typical of MANY hs players that are called "tweeners". Just not big or fast enough to play at the highest level. That's not a knock against him. Its just the truth. He is a GREAT hs player and a tough, tough kid! I wish him the best!!

LHdog
12-03-2006, 02:13 PM
I heard form a Sweeny teacher that Tank is being recruited by the Florida Gators. He is a fine looking athlete.

Crow22
12-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Kids get letters from LOTS of schools. That doesn't mean they're recruiting them.

I was a tiny, slow 2A linebacker and I got letters from UT, A&M, and LSU.....no chance in hadies of every playing there.....lol....

rundoe
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Liberty Hill plays as a TEAM!! They may not have D1 players or big starters that make the paper every week. But the unity and performance of this team has brought us this far. Football is a team sport and a finer TEAM I have never seen take the field.

This team decided early on, before the season even started that they were PANTHERS. No stars, no grandstanding, just that every one will do thier job.

They would play together as PANTHERS and they can be proud to be where they are in the playoffs. They did it with TEAMWORK!!

Their grit, determinination, and work ethic is as good as anyone in Texas 3A Football.

They come onto the field to ready to play each and every week. They don't put on game faces before the game. They wear them ALL week long!!!!!

PANTHERS, Your fans are with you. We know you have what it takes to take this team wherever YOU want it to go. And we know where you want to go.

Your actions on the field and during the week prove it.

WE BELIEVE!! and we know you do to. You've earned eveything you have achieved this year and we could not be prouder of our team!!

Play PANTHER BALL the way you have so far this year. Its your for the taking.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our "out of town" supporters. We appreciate it. Come this Saturday and sit with us. But bring your ear plugs and be ready to STAND UP!!! Cause we stand and we are loud!!

Rundoe

LHMom
12-03-2006, 03:56 PM
AMEN!

Wear purple and bring the cowbells! You can find LHPM, Rundoe and me all on the 50 yd line.

GO CATS!

pololdb
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Crow22

Safety? Too slow....

DEFINITELY a D1-AA or somewhere along those lines. Tank is typical of MANY hs players that are called "tweeners". Just not big or fast enough to play at the highest level. That's not a knock against him. Its just the truth. He is a GREAT hs player and a tough, tough kid! I wish him the best!!

tank is a D1 player, depending on the position he is being recruited at. With a little work he is easily a D1 kicker, he has a strong leg and is pretty accurate. He could also be a D1 linebacker, just not in one of the bigger conferences. Maybe a C-USA or something.

maestro
12-03-2006, 06:44 PM
congrats coach vance!!

great things happening to a super man!!

g$$
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Crow22

Safety? Too slow....

Well sir, you are wrong & that is why you do NOT evaluate talent. Tank Carder is a D1 athlete & will play major college ball.

Where? Let's just say Texas A&M & others were not there Saturday passing time in Bryan. I spoke to old A&M friends & coaches I know myself fella! Obviously they were there to watch & evaluate him. He has lots of schools interested & I will leave it at that. Best of luck to him, & lose the sour grapes because your career ended after 2A hs ball.

- 6'3" 205 lbs. with a frame to get much bigger & stronger - still 17 yrs. old right now & not thru growing
- 4.6 speed, great feet & football instincts
- 33" vertical / high motor sideline to sideline
- Excellent natural athlete in 3 sports (so far thru junior year, all district & all county in football, basketball, & baseball; all state in football too)

Recruiting is all about projectibility & upside - he has both. Guess you know more than guys who do this for a living huh? You are projecting what a 17-18 yr. old will be 2-4 years down the road. Very inexact science, but I trust them over you, thanks.

I sat & watched the game with a former player from the old Big 8 Conference (OK State player early '90s & has worked in college athletics since). He was very impressed with his athleticism & agreed Tank is a major college D1 kid too. He will only get better with weight training, college coaching, & better competition. His future is certainly bright.

He is being recruited as an athlete & could play FB/LB/TE in the future. Time will tell, but you are dead wrong. Watch & see. Your handle is Crow, & that is exactly what you will eat come February Signing Day.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2006, 12:21 AM
hey hey its cool man.

we understand the kid is d-1.

congrats to him! thats awesome.

but who is anyone on this board to evaluate him haha

none of us are the coaches so we dont know jack.

he could go..or could not.

all i know is that at the end of the day...LH advances and sweeny doesn't.

best of wishes to ya'll next year!

upbull311
12-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Why are so many people bad mouthing that Kid Tank Carder from Sweeny. That kid is something special. I first saw him play in the play offs against a much more talented team in Victoria last year. Sweeny was defeated by Cuero but Tank played a great game. He did all the kicking, ran the ball and caught several passes. He also played OLB and made a number of tackles. He is always around the ball. I can see him as a special teams player in a major college. Maybe at Arkansas with fellow LB from last years class. Good luck young man whereever you go!!! You have a lot of heart!!

Dogs_21
12-04-2006, 12:53 AM
for the altair person that posted.....Tank has already received offers from SMU & TCU....Also highly recruited by Florida & West Virginia and other schools so you dont even no what your talkin about..... And that Liberty Hill team is a good group of kids and they play hard.... I just wish the best luck to the Panthers and their Fans the rest of the way....

rundoe
12-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Ok, Ok, Enough about this guy. He's a good player. I hope he goes on to do great things in his career and life.

My origonal post was only answering the hype i had been reading about him and how no one was gonna stop him.

Well, Guess what, it happened. Lets get on with this weeks games.

g$$
12-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Ok, Ok, Enough about this guy. He's a good player. I hope he goes on to do great things in his career and life.

My origonal post was only answering the hype i had been reading about him and how no one was gonna stop him.

Well, Guess what, it happened. Lets get on with this weeks games.

I NEVER said any of those things. I did say Tank was a good player on a good team. I have given LH credit at every turn. IMO the better team won last Sat. in Bryan. LH won the LOS & that usually tells the tale.

As for Tank's future, he will be just fine.

rundoe
12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
wasn't aimed at you g$$.

Just tired of his name popping up in every thread i read. I admit he's a player. I wish him the best too.