PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW (Round 4): Hondo Vs Wimberley

bjrod9
12-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Friday 7:00 pm @ the Alamodome

htowntransplant
12-02-2006, 10:26 PM
edit this post and start a poll asking who everyone thinks will win. im kinda curious to see if hondo will start getting some love anytime soon!

TxStBobcat
12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I know its early, but any thoughts?

Chris Hart
12-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Wimberley wins BIG in this one...

TxStBobcat
12-02-2006, 10:46 PM
how come theres two of these now, i know i was first, lol, anyways, doesnt matter

VanKampen
12-02-2006, 10:47 PM
I believe Wimberley will win. I think Hondo won't go down as easy as Cuero though. Texans by 10

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Hoooo! Hoooo! Hoooo!

GO OWLS!

htowntransplant
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
i smell upset. shouldnt really be considered an "upset" if hondo wins. they are extremely good! granted wimberly is wimberly, but i dont think people give hondo enough credit.

gobbler grad
12-02-2006, 11:15 PM
have to contain the B & B connection (Buse/Beaty)...take them out of their game and Hondo has a chance...sorry, just don't see that happening...
anyone think they can continue to put 50+ points on the board thoughout the playoffs...very well could happen...:thinking: will be another good game in the Dome...good luck to both teams...

my choice---Texans by a bunch...:thinking:

Old Tiger
12-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Wimberely

TxStBobcat
12-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hoooo! Hoooo! Hoooo!

GO OWLS!

Now thats what i like to hear.......And if your wimberley, you have to stop the W&H combo. Thats why i think this game will be amazing from start to finish . Both teams are almost identical, except for the lines, Hondo has a tiny bit more size, while Wimberley has just a bit more speed. I know i'll be there and hope to see a lot of ya'll there. Good luck to both teams.

Also, no pick for me, too close to call.

TexanAlum_06
12-03-2006, 12:06 AM
It's not to close to call. I have said it all year (not on this board). Hondo may have a great record. but they havent proven anything yet... their record would be 7-3 or 8-2 if they played in a centex district. yes they did beat a centex team in llano. but llano is below average and from my understanding the score was close until the 2nd half. sorry but the road ends for hondo this week. technically it could happen. but if wimberley puts up anohter performance liek they did against cuero then this game might be uglier then last years. werner is good. we did hold him to 25 yards on 16 carries last year. and wimberleys run defense is still really good this year. is it possible for hondo to win? yes. but only if we overlook them and bask in the glory of beating cuero. but I think this wimberley team is too focused for that. sorry hondo fans but wimberley wins this one by 3 td's.... i might be eating crow in 7 days but i doubt it.....

SintonFan
12-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
have to contain the B & B connection (Buse/Beaty)...take them out of their game and Hondo has a chance...sorry, just don't see that happening...
anyone think they can continue to put 50+ points on the board thoughout the playoffs...very well could happen...:thinking: will be another good game in the Dome...good luck to both teams...

my choice---Texans by a bunch...:thinking:
I was both games. Hondo can run pretty good, too. If they have success doing that, they'll have more than a fair chance in this game.

Bandera YaYa
12-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Hondo all the way, baby!! GO OWLS GO!! Best of luck to my neighbors to the South!! BEAT WIMBERLEY!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :kiss:

TexanAlum_06
12-03-2006, 12:41 AM
This is going to be a good weekend!!! I get to watch us play hondo on friday.... then giddings and LH on saurday. oustanding!:)

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm going with Hondo!!! And it outta be a barn-burner!!!

espn1
12-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Wimberley will be resting their starters mid way in the 3rd.

TxStBobcat
12-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Wimberley will be resting their starters mid way in the 3rd.

OK, not to be rude, but that is definately an uneducated guess. If you had at least read some of the posts, you would know that neither team will have a chance to put their 2nd team in the game. I hope someone else feels the same way....

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 02:05 AM
where's my boy Boosty at? This ones for you amigo!

Hondo! GO OWLS!

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 02:08 AM
I'll be rooting for HONDO in this game. Will be a tough task, no doubt, but nothing is IMPOSSIBLE!!! :clap: :clap:

TxStBobcat
12-03-2006, 02:12 AM
I'll speak for me and my buddy Boosty(i think he'll agree), but too many have already underestimated the Owls, and im not saying that it means squat, but think about it honestly. Hondo is one team that definitely has the goods for state. Either way, Good luck to Hondo and Wimberley, i know its gonna be a good game!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Hondo has the team to compete with the Texans but if Texans come out like they did against Cuero it will be hard for the Owls to stay in this game. I be rooting for Owls in this one, its on a Friday so dont think i can make it.

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Hondo has the team to compete with the Texans but if Texans come out like they did against Cuero it will be hard for the Owls to stay in this game. I be rooting for Owls in this one, its on a Friday so dont think i can make it. I have to ask honestly.....did Wimberly come out that strong...or did Cuero come out that flat. It has been discussed in a small circle amongst friends, and some of us believe that Cuero has been flat the past couple of games, its like they arent playing a full 4 quarters lately. Just an honest question from a guy who seeks the answer. :)

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I have to ask honestly.....did Wimberly come out that strong...or did Cuero come out that flat. It has been discussed in a small circle amongst friends, and some of us believe that Cuero has been flat the past couple of games, its like they arent playing a full 4 quarters lately. Just an honest question from a guy who seeks the answer. :)

The TRUTH is out there.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2006, 02:22 AM
if one team comes out strong it can make the other team wonder if they came out flat :thumbsup:

TxStBobcat
12-03-2006, 02:23 AM
I have to ask honestly.....did Wimberly come out that strong...or did Cuero come out that flat. It has been discussed in a small circle amongst friends, and some of us believe that Cuero has been flat the past couple of games, its like they arent playing a full 4 quarters lately. Just an honest question from a guy who seeks the answer. :)

Honestly(nobody bi*** at me please), i thought Cuero came a lot stronger, but after that INT and the Pass interference call(IMO bull(sorry)), Cuero almost seem to give up. They had more size and interior speed which would have killed Hondo, which is why i'm glad WISD won. I was not trying to be an A$$.

(Im sorry Cuero fans, but the OG fans stayed till the end. Im not burning you, but i know how it feels when your fans start to leave when your losing. Its kinda hard to start a comeback after that. I just wish fans on the lower end would stay till the end. Gives your boys more heart.) No disrespect to anyone, because i know everyone has a long drive home.

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 02:23 AM
if one team comes out strong it can make the other team wonder if they came out flat :thumbsup: touchet salesman!

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 04:23 AM
where's my boy Boosty at? This ones for you amigo!

Hondo! GO OWLS!

I'm right here havnt had internet access for the past couple of days sorry... but on that note i believe hondo will take this game if they play with such amplitude as they have all season. the reason that the Cuero/Wmiberly game was a blow out is because Cuero pretty much gave up . i love cuero to death but that is just what happened! if cuero would have continued to play the second half as the did the first Cuero would have won. Wimberly Def has a great team but hondo does as well. and for those of you that say hondo is overated look how much of a blow out the OG game was and some people even said they had a chance but whatever. but if hondo continues to play they wasy they did this past week hondo will win .. MARK MY WORDS!!!!!

DU_stud04
12-03-2006, 04:30 AM
i had hondo picked real high early on in the season and even was ridiculed about my pick, theyre still around and undefeated...... but i believe they will have more than they can handle next week with wimberly. it should be a good game, but i think wimberly will win this one by atleast 10.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i had hondo picked real high early on in the season and even was ridiculed about my pick, theyre still around and undefeated...... but i believe they will have more than they can handle next week with wimberly. it should be a good game, but i think wimberly will win this one by atleast 10.

contrare my friend i saw both teams play this weekend and all hondo has to do is stop buse and beaty and pretty much game over they have nothing besides those two... on hondo side people may just sya there is hack and werner but they have many more weapons on offense than expected so watch out wimberly

DU_stud04
12-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
contrare my friend i saw both teams play this weekend and all hondo has to do is stop buse and beaty and pretty much game over they have nothing besides those two... on hondo side people may just sya there is hack and werner but they have many more weapons on offense than expected so watch out wimberly so your telling me two players beat cuero?:thinking:

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
so your telling me two players beat cuero?:thinking:

pretty much didnt see much action from any of the other players

DU_stud04
12-03-2006, 04:49 AM
pretty much didnt see much action from any of the other players :doh: :doh: :doh:

DU_stud04
12-03-2006, 04:52 AM
im going to bed, ive heard to much "my team is the best ever and all yall have is two players on your "TEAM"." on this board. goodnight.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 04:53 AM
ok lol peace out

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2006, 05:00 AM
one player can make a team look at the cowboys ROMO ROMO ROMO

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 05:10 AM
one player can make a team look at the cowboys ROMO ROMO ROMO

lol agreed

TxStBobcat
12-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Sorry Boosty, even if it is a joke. Not even 2 awesome players make a team, just as both Wimberley and Hondo have shown. Although Werner should have done better since Well's called the same draw play too many times IMO. He is the head coach though and thats probably why. But every player has to play his heart out for even an AWESOME team to succeed.

rb585
12-03-2006, 09:38 AM
contrare my friend i saw both teams play this weekend and all hondo has to do is stop buse and beaty and pretty much game over they have nothing besides those two... on hondo side people may just sya there is hack and werner but they have many more weapons on offense than expected so watch out wimberly

:rolleyes:

What planet do you live on?

TexanAlum_06
12-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah Beaty and Buse are the 2 best weapons we have.... im happy for all of you people to figure that out. and yeah im pretty sure if you stopped both of them you will increase your chances of winning. but do you have any idea how hard it is!?!?!?! ask cuero. ask anybody. and for the record. they are not the only weapons we have. we have gold.... umm it seems to me there is some 6'5 reciever we have that leads 3a centex in receiving and has about 14 TD's and made a spectacular one handed TD catch ( and over 5 or 6 of them this year ) against cuero. and samuels will hit you when you least expect it. for those of you who saw the wimberley/ hondo game last year. hes the one who ran back the kickoff back "untouched" for a TD. I find it funny how friday night and saturday morning people were supporting the Texans on their win over cuero. yet now people are making our victory ovr cuero seem like we only just beat a JV team. and that Hondo is much better. But we shall see on friday. for all people who plan on attending and have never witnessed hondo play. they bring their entire town, their kids, their pets... aunts,uncles, grannie, grandpas, 2nd cousins, 3rd cousins... random people off the street..... so if u want a good seat you better show up early.

TexanAlum_06
12-03-2006, 10:44 AM
And another thing, I do not think cuero gave up. they might have gotten dishearted a bit because it was a big momentum change so fast. It could be a little bit of both. but mainly due to the fact that Wimberley coaches made great half-time adjustments on both sides of the ball and it payed dividends. Because there was nothing we did in the 2nd half that they could stop. IMO the ONLY thing that worries me about this one. is that our players get over-confident and get beat because they are looking ahead to giddings. I don't think they will, they are just as focused on that goal this year as we were last year! But this is high school football.. sometimes you dont know what team will get off the bus on any given gameday. I guess i should rephrase what im trying to get across. Hondo isnt a bad team. they are a good team. But with how we are playing I just dont see them being able to hang.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
for all people who plan on attending and have never witnessed hondo play. they bring their entire town, their kids, their pets... aunts,uncles, grannie, grandpas, 2nd cousins, 3rd cousins... random people off the street..... so if u want a good seat you better show up early.

lol this is a very true statment hondo filed there half of the alamodome bottom and 2nd deck it was ridiculous. that was probably one of the biggest crowds i ahve seen in a long time it was ridiculous and should be expecting more this coming week cause it will be a big game

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm right here havnt had internet access for the past couple of days sorry... but on that note i believe hondo will take this game if they play with such amplitude as they have all season. the reason that the Cuero/Wmiberly game was a blow out is because Cuero pretty much gave up . i love cuero to death but that is just what happened! if cuero would have continued to play the second half as the did the first Cuero would have won. Wimberly Def has a great team but hondo does as well. and for those of you that say hondo is overated look how much of a blow out the OG game was and some people even said they had a chance but whatever. but if hondo continues to play they wasy they did this past week hondo will win .. MARK MY WORDS!!!!! yup...despite the fact that OG had some issues in this game, ejections and what have you, w/ a convincing win like that, I am a Hondo believer as of yesterday, because OG was no slouch and Hondo destroyed them!

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 02:30 PM
yup...despite the fact that OG had some issues in this game, ejections and what have you, w/ a convincing win like that, I am a Hondo believer as of yesterday, because OG was no slouch and Hondo destroyed them!

agreed hondo destroyed the best team to ever go through OG and yes they had their ejections but that is only the players fault ... they should be kicked off the team for pulling a move like that in such an important game but thats besides the point. and im glad hondo finaly proved themselves to someone

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 02:36 PM
agreed hondo destroyed the best team to ever go through OG and yes they had their ejections but that is only the players fault ... they should be kicked off the team for pulling a move like that in such an important game but thats besides the point. and im glad hondo finaly proved themselves to someone agreed, behavior like that in a game like that....unacceptable.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, I dont know the impact of the ejected OG's players would have had, but from my view of the game, OG was not in the same class of Hondo. It wasnt even close. I doubt 2 players would have made a difference. Every aspect of the game, Hondo dominated. Sure, OG had a few good plays...but Hondo adjusted, and shut it down. In fact, I thought the score was going to more lopsided than it was.

Now, regarding the Hondo-Wimberley game...sorry, Boosty my friend. Just as OG wasnt in the class of Hondo, Hondo is not in the class of Wimberley. This wont even be close. I mean no disrespect, I know Hondo is a good team. But they arent a VERY good team...a very good team like Wimberley, Liberty Hill and Giddings....and yes, like Cuero. The road ends here for Hondo by a BUNCH of points.

Stownhorse
12-03-2006, 04:27 PM
GO WIMBERLY!

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Now, regarding the Hondo-Wimberley game...sorry, Boosty my friend. Just as OG wasnt in the class of Hondo, Hondo is not in the class of Wimberley. This wont even be close. I mean no disrespect, I know Hondo is a good team. But they arent a VERY good team...a very good team like Wimberley, Liberty Hill and Giddings....and yes, like Cuero. The road ends here for Hondo by a BUNCH of points.

everyone said the OG was in the same class as hondo and that it was going to be close ... but it is a mistake not to include hondo in that bunch of very good teams

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Boosty...my friend...come on!! OG isnt even in the top 50 teams in the Massey ratings!! Actually, they are #67!! Hondo is #8!! Anyone who told you they thought you would have a problem with OG was just plain crazy. You can argue the Massey ratings when it comes to #2 vs. #20....or #4 vs. #8.....but #8 vs. #67???

PLLEEEEAAASSEEEEEEEE!!!!

rb585
12-03-2006, 09:30 PM
everyone said the OG was in the same class as hondo and that it was going to be close .

Maybe on your planet they did, but not on planet Earth.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rb585
Maybe on your planet they did, but not on planet Earth.

.....jr. high?

TexanAlum_06
12-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Anybody want to meet up? Boosty? Tiger WR? anyone? lol

LHPfactory
12-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Dont fool your self Hondo, Wimberly has a team full of great players. However, if you can control the catilyst(s) Buse and Beaty, you have a chance. Yes Len is amazing, he burned us on the slant all night earlier this season. The kid will catch anything that is thrown at him and that tall lanky boy is fast.

Bottom line: Wimberly will run all over Hondo if they stay in the groove. You wont stop Buse or Beaty, Thompson and the rest of the Texans will have a big night also. Wimberly is a team, not a two man show, The BB's are the leaders thats all. Texans by 3 or 4 TD's........:clap:, no disrespect to Hondo, just the way I see it.

necks_c/09
12-04-2006, 09:06 AM
oh man wimberley impressed me.....differnet qb.....differnet year but they are sure impressing the heck outta me..... again

wimberley by 2-3 td's

Bandera YaYa
12-04-2006, 09:51 AM
I have faith in the Owls!!! I BELIEVE!!!!! BEAT THE TEXANS!!!!!! PPPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :D :D

sotxrat
12-04-2006, 04:25 PM
I will have to go with Hondo in this game, I have not seen Wimberley play or any of teams that they have played this season. so, from what I saw of the Hondo team, they will be tough for any 3a team to beat. Their offense is good but it was their defense that really impressed me. They have very adequate size and have very good, if not excellant, team speed. They are very well coached, as well. I would not be surprised if this game was a relative low scoring affair in the range of 24 - 21. Should be a good game, i will not make game because if is bb time now in OG. Good luck to both teams!!!!

TexanAlum_06
12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Well people were saying the cuero game would be low scoring and that we would not score more then 30 on their defense and look what happened. 55-33. and I know for a fact that cuero has more size, speed, atheletes.... well everything... better on defense then hondo. cueros defense was pretty stout. our offense was just a lot better. our defense is finally starting to jell and itsnt to bad either. we can stop the run... the secondary is getting better everyday.

manormustangs
12-04-2006, 07:43 PM
wimberley will blowout this team.....

wimberley 45
hondo 12

yourboss319
12-04-2006, 10:08 PM
you'll be surprised..

HONDO - 37

WIMBERLEY - 28

20FAN07
12-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Wimberly, could they repeat.......i guess we will have to wait and see
Good luck to Wimberly this week from WOS.

TexanAlum_06
12-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by yourboss319
you'll be surprised..

HONDO - 37

WIMBERLEY - 28
And you will get a reality check....

Daddy D 11
12-05-2006, 12:35 AM
right there with you alum!

coming from a LH fans thats seen wimberley play giddings, LH and Cuero.

and seen Hondo play Orange Grove.

wont even be close.

wimberley by 5 touchdowns simply because when one texan gets fired up..they all get fired up and thats the start of a can of worms that the owls want no part of.....

hopefully see ya next week boys!!! :D

TexanAlum_06
12-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Hahaha... can of worms... lol. thats good!

BILLYFRED0000
12-05-2006, 02:07 AM
And you will get a reality check....

Yes, that is the truth. Hondo is good. But Wimberely is real good.
Reality is fixin to intercept Hondo's good season with a vengeance.

GreenMachine
12-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

wont even be close.

wimberley by 5 touchdowns simply because when one texan gets fired up..they all get fired up and thats the start of a can of worms that the owls want no part of.....

hopefully see ya next week boys!!! :D I think owls like worms :thinking: :D

buff4ever
12-05-2006, 09:55 AM
I hope for region 4 sake that this game is closer than the pole, that said I take wimberly by 20 or more.

Darren
12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Wimberley by 14.

Then if Giddings wins. The week 0 rematch.

GreenMachine
12-05-2006, 12:53 PM
If Giddings happens to beat LH, they, IMO, will not beat Wimberley.

Darren
12-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
If Giddings happens to beat LH, they, IMO, will not beat Wimberley.

It's really too early to discuss this. But I will say that Giddings has beaten them once this year. And before you go saying that Wimberley is a different team now I will say I agree that they are probably better than when we first played them. However so is Giddings.

If Giddings and Wimberley play again all I can say is it will be closer than the first game. I don't think that you can outright say that Giddings will win big or Wimberley will win big.

That being said I would take Giddings by 7.

Boosty_Hondo
12-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Darren
It's really too early to discuss this. But I will say that Giddings has beaten them once this year. And before you go saying that Wimberley is a different team now I will say I agree that they are probably better than when we first played them. However so is Giddings.

If Giddings and Wimberley play again all I can say is it will be closer than the first game. I don't think that you can outright say that Giddings will win big or Wimberley will win big.

That being said I would take Giddings by 7.

read the title of the thread HONDO vs Wimberly not GIDDINGS vs. Wimberly so take it somewere else

Darren
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
read the title of the thread HONDO vs Wimberly not GIDDINGS vs. Wimberly so take it somewere else

Well then how about this. Wimberley beats Hondo....

Wimberley just has way too much for you guys. It wont be a total blow out but Wimberley will be able to put it on cruise control in about the 3rd quarter.

Bandera YaYa
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

wont even be close.

hopefully see ya next week boys!!! :D Ha, and you think the Owls won't be fired up?? Are ya kiddin'??? :rolleyes: GO HONDO - BEAT WIMBERLEY!!! :D

gobbler grad
12-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Well then how about this. Wimberley beats Hondo....

Wimberley just has way too much for you guys. It wont be a total blow out but Wimberley will be able to put it on cruise control in about the 3rd quarter.

I have to agree with ya on this one...but just this one...:D

strosfan
12-05-2006, 09:05 PM
I haven't seen Hondo play this year, but I have a feeling this game will be closer than most expect. After all they have made it to the fourth round of the playoffs. On the other hand Wimberley has had a tougher schedule than Hondo and I think it will show. I say advantage Wimberley, but don't forget it's the playoffs and anything can happen. That being said Wimberley by 10!

Darren
12-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I have to agree with ya on this one...but just this one...:D

I guess it was just a matter of time before someone agreed with me on a post. It probably won't happen again for a while so I am going to enjoy the moment...........

bd62
12-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I saw Wimberley play West Columbia last year and Cuero this year and it seems like they rise to a level of play that the other team can not match especially in second half.This is against excellent teams. They have excellent talent, highly confident, and outstanding coaching that make great half time adjustments.
I have not seen Hondo play but they must be very good to be 13-0 and have not had but one close game that was in non-dist.
I think it would be worth the trip to S.A. to see these teams.

scott Wilson
12-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Hondo is very good. If I see a weakness, it`s giving up rushing yards.Other than that, they protect the QB well, he throws well, and their receivers are big and have some speed. Their tailback is a good strong runner. BUT, I still say, If you can drop 55 on Cuero, YOU ARE GOOOOOOOD. I say Hondo scores 25, but Wimberly scores at least 40.

texas1969
12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
hey, if some people are going to make wimberley there next victim at lest spell wimberley correct... hondo has not played anybody yet... wimberley big...

Bandera YaYa
12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by texas1969
hey, if some people are going to make wimberley there next victim at lest spell wimberley correct... hondo has not played anybody yet... wimberley big... :rolleyes: Why is it always such an issue with you guys, on the spelling of Wimberley???? I mean does it really need to be made an issue??
GO HONDO!!!

wimbo_pro
12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Now now, BandarraYaYa...its just a pet peeve of ours!

texas1969
12-06-2006, 06:08 PM
I also have a problem with people in our own district not backing their own districts teams. You would think that people would want other teams from their own district to succeed outside of the district to make everyone look better.

snaxet
12-06-2006, 09:02 PM
What's up with Bandera HA HA not supporting the District? There were a number of Bandera fans sitting on the Wimberley side, and they were very supportive of Wimberley. We appreciated their enthusiasm and support. I'm sure Bandera HA HA was not one of them.

SintonFan
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Hondo is a very very good undefeated team that has had a slightly easier time in the playoffs. They are one of the most successful 3A teams all-time in the playoffs.
Don't discount them folks.
That being said Wimberley is favored in this game. Wimberely is not unbeatable at all.
Prediction coming for this game Friday.:devil:

wimbo_pro
12-06-2006, 09:41 PM
No one is discounting Hondo....especially our coaches and players.

SintonFan
12-06-2006, 10:19 PM
No one is discounting Hondo....especially our coaches and players.
I didn't read the whole thread so I thought I'd add my .02.:cool:

Bandera YaYa
12-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by snaxet
What's up with Bandera HA HA not supporting the District? There were a number of Bandera fans sitting on the Wimberley side, and they were very supportive of Wimberley. We appreciated their enthusiasm and support. I'm sure Bandera HA HA was not one of them. Nope I wasn't . Sorry, but I'm cheering for my neighbor to the South. District lines mean nothing to me...I always go with my heart! GO HONDO!!!!! :D :kiss: :kiss:

Bandera YaYa
12-06-2006, 11:30 PM
I also have a problem with people in our own district not backing their own districts teams. You would think that people would want other teams from their own district to succeed outside of the district to make everyone look better. I think the concept of cheering on a team that beat you and wanting them to do good, just so you "look better" is a load of crap. Sure never made me feel better about losing. :rolleyes:

TexanAlum_06
12-07-2006, 12:50 AM
I guess atleast YaYa is honest.... I would bet that half the people from LH last year that said they supported us in the playoffs really didnt. they were just saying it to be nice. or because other people were.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Well, I will repsect the district lines...and wish Bandera all the luck in the world for the rest of the play offs!! Go Bandera!! Take State!!!

GreenMachine
12-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Good luck Wimberley and there is no way that Hondo wins this game unless there is a let-down or looking ahead by the Texans.

LHPfactory
12-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh there is an e before the y in Wimberly, I mean Wimberley, What did they go and put an extra e in there for? Ive been spelling it wrong for years. Good thing i dont live there, I would never get my return mail. :)

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Well, being from Liberty, we will excuse you.

LHPfactory
12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, being from Liberty, we will excuse you.

HaHaHa......:)

rb585
12-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
[COLOR=deeppink]I think the concept of cheering on a team that beat you and wanting them to do good, just so you "look better" is a load of crap.

Yeah, and that would be especially difficult for y'all, because you'd have to cheer for so many teams...

:devil:

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah, and that would be especially difficult for y'all, because you'd have to cheer for so many teams...

:devil:

so your going ot be cheering for hondo next week then right?

rb585
12-07-2006, 12:03 PM
so your going ot be cheering for hondo next week then right?

Sorry, I don't watch basketball.

Bandera YaYa
12-07-2006, 12:14 PM

:devil: Have I said anything bad about Wimberley??? I am just going to be for Hondo on this one.....if you can't handle it, if all you can do is make rude remarks about my town's team , well then you might get insight on just WHY I am not cheering for Wimberley....... :dispntd: :dispntd: I'm still saying "GO HONDO GO"!! :D

Bandera YaYa
12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Well, I will repsect the district lines...and wish Bandera all the luck in the world for the rest of the play offs!! Go Bandera!! Take State!!! your true colors are showing!!!!:eek: :hand:

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Sorry, I don't watch basketball.

should probably start becasue u will be next week

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 01:08 PM
LOL@Boosty....now, now...lets not get silly with the predictions!

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2006, 01:09 PM
lol i know im jsut jokin i know its going ot be a battle no guarenteed winner until about 10 on friday night

pirate4state
12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
LOL@Boosty....now, now...lets not get silly with the predictions! what's silly about his predictions?? :thinking: ;)

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 02:21 PM
lol i know im jsut jokin i know its going ot be a battle no guarenteed winner until about 10 on friday night

More like 9.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
what's silly about his predictions?? :thinking: ;)

Stay out of it, troublemaker.

pirate4state
12-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Stay out of it, troublemaker. :evillol: :evillol:

Stownhorse
12-07-2006, 04:42 PM
That poll is a blow out lol

Bandera YaYa
12-07-2006, 04:43 PM
what's silly about his predictions?? :thinking: ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave: :kiss:

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 04:46 PM
tsk, tsk tsk....you only encourage them with posts like that.....

carter08
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Stay out of it, troublemaker.

Who is troublemaker?

Bandera YaYa
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
tsk, tsk tsk....you only encourage them with posts like that..... ..but I didn't say a word!!!!! :eek: :eek: :p

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
You dont have to!!! We know what you meant!!! LOL

Bandera YaYa
12-07-2006, 05:35 PM
You dont have to!!! We know what you meant!!! LOL I'm innocent.....ask anyone!!! :devil: :devil:

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
That poll is a blow out lol

kind of like the sweetwater game????

Who-dun-it!!?
12-07-2006, 07:20 PM
kind of like the sweetwater game???? :blush:

Thats funny, I don't care who ya R

mrescape43
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
kind of like the sweetwater game????

:thinking: :thinking:

carter08
12-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Wimberly IS going to win
If they don't, I will take a picture of myself with a sign saying i'm an idiot on the board

Sundance
12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Wimberley wins this hands down. Hondo will have there hands full and backs against the wall. If Hondo's defence is clicking they may have a small chance but small at the least for a win.

and Dido on the

"Stay out of it, troublemaker."

neck_06
12-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Wimberly IS going to win
If they don't, I will take a picture of myself with a sign saying i'm an idiot on the board

sounds like a plan............but i really don't think you're going to have to do it cuz wimberley is going to win by alot.

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Wimberly IS going to win

get the sign ready cause u are going ot need it

gold_33
12-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Im saying same score as last year, 52-8, Hondo had a good run but they couldnt hang last year and wont this year.

Sundance
12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Gold 33

Cuero & Wimberley Score Correction

Wimberley 55
Cuero 33

texas1969
12-08-2006, 02:11 AM
boosty who have yalled played thats any good

Boosty_Hondo
12-08-2006, 02:24 AM
boosty who have yalled played thats any good

bandera and apparently any team that is in the playoffs becasue they have to be ther for a reason and devine

piratebg
12-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Good luck tonight to both the Owls and the Texans. This should be a great game.

To all those travelling to this one, be safe and have a great time. You guys will be in for a good one. :)

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 10:13 AM
boosty who have yalled played thats any good At this point who really cares? It's all about what happens on the field tonight!!!

:cheerl: GOOD LUCK HONDO OWLS!!! :cheerl:

gobbler grad
12-08-2006, 10:26 AM
time to put up or shut up...good luck to both teams ...:clap:

wimbo_pro
12-08-2006, 02:22 PM
At this point who really cares? It's all about what happens on the field tonight!!!

:cheerl: GOOD LUCK HONDO OWLS!!! :cheerl:

You just REFUSE to root for us, dontcha? Well, fine....

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 02:25 PM
You just REFUSE to root for us, dontcha? Well, fine.... Now what FUN would that be??? :devil:

wimbo_pro
12-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Try it...you JUST might like it....hehehehehehe

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Try it...you JUST might like it....hehehehehehe We'll see.......

TexanAlum_06
12-08-2006, 02:56 PM
oh c'mon its fun!!!! we need a bigger fan base as it is anyways! lol

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM
oh c'mon its fun!!!! we need a bigger fan base as it is anyways! lol Yeah, what's up with that?? You'd think after winning STATE last year you'd have a bigger following??? :thinking: Hondo will out crowd ya'll. ;)

TexanAlum_06
12-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Yes winning state did help our fan base... it got our name out there.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Yes, Hondo will "out crowd" us...especially early in the 4th quarter as they "out crowd" us to the exits!!!!

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, Hondo will "out crowd" us...especially early in the 4th quarter as they "out crowd" us to the exits!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and you wonder why I don't cheer for you!!

wimbo_pro
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh no...I KNOW why you dont cheer for us....why do you think I said that especially for YOU????

IHStangFan
12-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes, Hondo will "out crowd" us...especially early in the 4th quarter as they "out crowd" us to the exits!!!! arrogance breeds ignorance, the ignorant are blinded by their arrogance, and the blind get blindsided tonight!

GO HONDO!!

wimbo_pro
12-08-2006, 03:19 PM
It's a JOKE, guys....a play on words by Pirate....chill out!!!

IHStangFan
12-08-2006, 03:20 PM
It's a JOKE, guys....a play on words by Pirate....chill out!!! my bad dude, my bad!

but still...GO HONDO! ;)

Boosty_Hondo
12-08-2006, 03:21 PM
GO HONDO!!!

wimbo_pro
12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey Boosty....despite my confidence tonight (which I hope I dont regret!!), good luck to your guys...Hondo is a class act with a great history of HS football...lets hope for no injuries and good, clean play by all!!!! Are we gonna meet before the game?

rb585
12-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Hondo has played no one this year, but they haven't really had a close call, so they're still a very good team.

Wimberley's not as good as 52-8. Hondo is much better than 52-8.

If Wimberley's coaching staff weren't so good, I'd worry that the team is as overconfident as many of their fans and be ripe for an upset. I think they'll be ready to play.

Wimberley 38-28.

gobbler grad
12-08-2006, 05:26 PM

Wimberley 38-28.

don't think the Owls will score 28...:thinking:

Texans, on the other hand, more than 40

Bandera YaYa
12-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey Boosty....despite my confidence tonight (which I hope I dont regret!!), good luck to your guys...Hondo is a class act with a great history of HS football...lets hope for no injuries and good, clean play by all!!!! Are we gonna meet before the game? Nice post......I too wish the same!!! :) :)

SintonFan
12-08-2006, 10:23 PM
don't think the Owls will score 28...:thinking:

Texans, on the other hand, more than 40
You are so close on this prediction.:D

gobbler grad
12-08-2006, 11:05 PM
I meant the other way...:D :D :confused:

LHMom
12-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I think a lot of folks are VERY surprised by this game.

Kudos to Hondo for a win against a very tough Wimberley team.

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 11:12 PM
I meant the other way...:D :D :confused:
ROFL! :D

GWOOD
12-09-2006, 12:14 AM
I thought Wimberly would win this one too but you can never count anyone out. There is going to be a lot of crow to hand out and quite a few "I told you so".

LOL. The follow up could get heated.

TxStBobcat
12-09-2006, 12:35 AM
The only "i told ya so" i have to say is that it was gonna be close. Although i was wrong about how high the scores were, would have thought it was going to be a low scoring, defensive game. Also, congrats to the Texans on a heck of a year, as well as one of the best games ive seen this year.

BobcatBenny
12-09-2006, 12:49 AM
I am going with Hondo on this one! :D

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I am going with Hondo on this one! :D

little late there buddy

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:22 AM
LOL@Boosty...hahahahahaha

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Congrats to Wimberley on a very good season and to Hondo on the win. :clap: :clap:

Always respect and never underestimate your opponent. ;)

bobcat1
12-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Ditto. What a game this must have been! Congrats to both teams! :clap:

TAMUGRAD
12-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Congrats to Wimberley on a very good season and to Hondo on the win. :clap: :clap:

Always respect and never underestimate your opponent. ;)

Ditto, and ain't that the truth.

rundoe
12-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Always respect and never underestimate your opponent.

Well said, LHPANTHERMOM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
12-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Is Hondo slowly creeping up in this poll?:D

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Is Hondo slowly creeping up in this poll?:D

i think so but this week should be a leap