PDA

View Full Version : Central Texas Dominating

WOS87
12-02-2006, 10:24 PM
After three weeks of playoffs there are only 64 teams remaining statewide 1A thru 5A with the regional breakdown looking something like this:

Central Texas - 21 teams
5A - San Antonio Reagan, Austin Westlake, San Antonio MacArthur, San Marcos
4A - Copperas Cove, Waco, Hays Consolidated, Schertz-Clemens, San Antonio Alamo Heights
3A - Robinson, Liberty Hill, Giddings, Wimberley, Hondo
2A - Mart, Somerville, Lexington
1A - Chilton, Thorndale, Valley Mills, Iola

West Texas - 16 teams
5A - None
4A - Brownwood, Wichita Falls Rider, Wolfforth Frenship
3A - Canyon, Midland Greenwood, Vernon
2A - Idalou, Stratford, Holliday, Cisco, Littlefield
1A - Electra, New Deal, Windthorst, McCamey, Nazareth

Southeast Texas - 11 teams
5A - Spring Westfield, Cypress-Fairbanks, Pearland, Klein Oak, Cypress Falls, Katy
4A - Lamar Consolidated, La Marque, Texas City
3A - None
2A - Corrigan-Camden
1A - Lovelady

Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex - 9 teams
5A - Southlake Carroll, Colleyville Heritage, Allen, De Soto, Cedar Hill, Garland
4A - Aledo
3A - Celina
2A - Boyd
1A - None

East Texas - 5 teams
5A - None
4A - None
3A - Liberty-Eylau, Brownsboro
2A - Tatum
1A - Carlisle, Alto

South Texas - 2 teams
5A - None
4A - None
3A - Ingleside
2A - Cotulla
1A - None

There will be 7 rematches between teams from the same district meeting in the Quarterfinals in Week 4

Districts with more than one representative still playing

3 Teams
16-4A - Copperas Cove, Brownwood, Waco (Brownwood vs. Waco Quarterfinal rematch)

2 Teams
5-5A - Southlake Carroll, Colleyville Heritage (Quarterfinal rematch)
8-5A - Cedar Hill, De Soto (Quarterfinal rematch)
16-5A - Spring Westfield, Klein Oak
17-5A - Cypress-Fairbanks, Cypress Falls
25-5A - Austin Westlake, San Marcos
26-5A - San Antonio MacArthur, San Antonio Reagan
23-4A - La Marque, Texas City (Quarterfinal rematch)
26-4A - Schertz Clemens, Hays Consolidated (Quarterfinal rematch)
10-2A - Boyd, Cisco
26-2A - Lexington, Somerville (Quarterfinal rematch)
9-1A - Windthorst, Electra (Quarterfinal rematch)
25-1A - Chilton, Iola

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2006, 09:52 AM
WTG Centex teams! :clap:

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 10:17 AM
You already know playa

WOS87
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
ttt

Adidas410s
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
You already know playa

are you actually talking or just posting for the hell of it again??? This makes no sense at all..

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
are you actually talking or just posting for the hell of it again??? This makes no sense at all.. It means that we know we are dominating in the centex ;)

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM

what are the enrollments for these schools? I read where Pleasanton had 945 kids!! Are these schools that large? You should have seen the depth that The Eagles had on their sideline! 3 times the kids that Ingleside had. I was worried about that early on. Enrollment plays a large part at times when you have a 3A school w/ 900 kids playing a team w/ bearly 600 or fewer...the smaller schools especially down south have many kids playing both ways. Just a thought, but could be a factor?

stxfootballfan
12-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

what are the enrollments for these schools? I read where Pleasanton had 945 kids!! Are these schools that large? You should have seen the depth that The Eagles had on their sideline! 3 times the kids that Ingleside had. I was worried about that early on. Enrollment plays a large part at times when you have a 3A school w/ 900 kids playing a team w/ bearly 600 or fewer...the smaller schools especially down south have many kids playing both ways. Just a thought, but could be a factor?

Robinson enrollment is approx 672

3afan
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
GO COVE !!!

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Robinson enrollment is approx 672 excellent, but you have to take into account the talent pool. Waco is a rather large area as opposed to say, anyone in districts 30-32 3A. Although, I can't imagine Giddings' enrollment being too large. I'm just throwing around ideas as to WHY Centex is so dominant, there has to be a logical reason...but there is no doubt, they are rolling!

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Giddings is probably around 500

3afan
12-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Brownwood is more Central Texas than it is West Texas

mwynn05
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
[i]Originally posted by WOS87
West Texas - 16 teams
5A - None
4A - Brownwood, Wichita Falls Rider, Wolfforth Frenship
3A - Canyon, Midland Greenwood, Vernon
2A - Idalou, Stratford, Holliday, Cisco, Littlefield
1A - Electra, New Deal, Windthorst, McCamey, Nazareth[/B]
How many of these teams have come east?

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
How many of these teams have come east? another good point.....I dont see many of them out of the west TX 3A being able to hang w/ a WOS or a Tex L-E. But what do I know? I'd love to see a Snyder/WOS matchup or something of the sort.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Brownwood is more Central Texas than it is West Texas True

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM
it's debatable if san antonio is central texas or not

also, 4-5 of the 9 dallas area teams are title contenders or favorites. That's how it always is though, a bunch of good teams but only a few supremely dominant ones, that win 50% of the state titles every year

RMAC
12-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm picking Windthorst to take 1A this year. Go Trojans.

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I'm picking Windthorst to take 1A this year. Go Trojans. I'm taking Alto

3afan
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Windthorst & Alto .... you guys don't go out on a limb or anything!

:D

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
New Deal too

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 08:00 PM
No reason to go out on a limb, Alto will win div1

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Here is the UIL enrollment for all 3A schools
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2006align/pdf/3A_fb_enroll.pdf

Ingleside Fan
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Robinson enrollment is approx 672

Ingleside enrollment is 615

IHStangFan
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Here is the UIL enrollment for all 3A schools
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2006align/pdf/3A_fb_enroll.pdf thanks Wimbo! :clap:

JR2004
12-03-2006, 08:23 PM
I feel bad for Tornillo and Anthony having to play in 3A due to there not being enough 2A schools in that area of the state. That's pretty darn rough having to compete with just 253 kids at one school and 228 at the other.

Chris Hart
12-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Giddings 584.5
Wimberley 663
Hondo 618
Liberty Hill 599

I'm sure Giddings and Hondo do too, but, I know that Liberty Hill and Wimberley have GREAT COACHING staffs. Both Liberty Hill and Wimberley are growing and will both be 4A in 2-4 years, but as long as they both keep their current coaching staffs, you will see them be in the hunt for 3A championships until they move up. I expect Liberty Hill to win a 3A title before going to 4A(maybe this year). Wimberley is the defending state champs and may repeat this year. The point I'm trying to make is with the excellent coaching staffs these two schools have, I expect both to win at least one championship(Wimberley another one)a piece before moving up in the next couple of years.:)

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Giddings 584.5
Wimberley 663
Hondo 618
Liberty Hill 599

I'm sure Giddings and Hondo do too, but, I know that Liberty Hill and Wimberley have GREAT COACHING staffs. Both Liberty Hill and Wimberley are growing and will both be 4A in 2-4 years, but as long as they both keep their current coaching staffs, you will see them be in the hunt for 3A championships until they move up. I expect Liberty Hill to win a 3A title before going to 4A(maybe this year). Wimberley is the defending state champs and may repeat this year. The point I'm trying to make is with the excellent coaching staffs these two schools have, I expect both to win at least one championship(Wimberley another one)a piece before moving up in the next couple of years.:) So by Old Cardinal's theory Wimberely should beat Hondo and Liberty Hill should beat Giddings because they have more selection of athletes to choose from. :)

JR2004
12-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Giddings 584.5
Wimberley 663
Hondo 618
Liberty Hill 599

I'm sure Giddings and Hondo do too, but, I know that Liberty Hill and Wimberley have GREAT COACHING staffs. Both Liberty Hill and Wimberley are growing and will both be 4A in 2-4 years, but as long as they both keep their current coaching staffs, you will see them be in the hunt for 3A championships until they move up. I expect Liberty Hill to win a 3A title before going to 4A(maybe this year). Wimberley is the defending state champs and may repeat this year. The point I'm trying to make is with the excellent coaching staffs these two schools have, I expect both to win at least one championship(Wimberley another one)a piece before moving up in the next couple of years.:)

That move up to 4A can often be a painful one for most schools. It isn't quite like making the move from 4A to 5A where you can do it and not miss a beat if you're a good school. Going from 3A to 4A is the toughest move up in my opinion.

charlesrixey
12-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I agree JR--and Frisco Wakeland and Prosper are two teams that will find that out the hard way