PDA

View Full Version : Confidential Note to Giddings Fans

buffalo booster
12-02-2006, 05:20 PM
If I have learned anything over the last several weeks it is the following:

1. If we predict victory, we are cocky.
2. If we win, we were lucky, or the other team made too many mistakes, or we got a few calls from the refs.
3. Brock is not that good, and when he does well, he is a "ball hog."
4. Alan is at least 7 feet tall!

So, for the next three weeks, we need to try to be more humble. Let's try not to show too much faith and confidence in our team. If we are lucky enough to win, let us be thankful and grateful that the football gods have smiled down upon us.

WAO

bobcat1
12-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Brock is not that good, and when he does well, he is a "ball hog."

I saw him last night on Fox and I would let him hog the ball! He looked very good on those few plays I saw.

Pudlugger
12-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by buffalo booster
If I have learned anything over the last several weeks it is the following:

1. If we predict victory, we are cocky.
2. If we win, we were lucky, or the other team made too many mistakes, or we got a few calls from the refs.
3. Brock is not that good, and when he does well, he is a "ball hog."
4. Alan is at least 7 feet tall!

So, for the next three weeks, we need to try to be more humble. Let's try not to show too much faith and confidence in our team. If we are lucky enough to win, let us be thankful and grateful that the football gods have smiled down upon us.

WAO

Dude! Lighten up man and enjoy your team's success. Every team that's winning gets this treatment from homer poster's. If giddings is getting more it is because they are still winning and proving themselves. It's okay if you disagree, and even better if you are right and still playing in December. :clap:

buffalo booster
12-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Pud -- I had hoped that some would see the humor in my posting. True, we've been taking some shots lately, and you don't take shots unless you are still playing. And, we are still playing. But, geez, some of these folks out here post nonsense...

But, I'm cool with it all. Just trying to bring a smile to the Buffs.

Pudlugger
12-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by buffalo booster
Pud -- I had hoped that some would see the humor in my posting. True, we've been taking some shots lately, and you don't take shots unless you are still playing. And, we are still playing. But, geez, some of these folks out here post nonsense...

But, I'm cool with it all. Just trying to bring a smile to the Buffs.

So true, but that's life on the 'Low. Good luck in the next round. That will be a big test for the Buffs, and I like their chances. It has not been an easy path for the Buffs has it?;)

buffalo booster
12-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Not so bad as 2001, when LG knocked us out of the playoffs at the Astrodome. Still haven't gotten over that game. Your kid was playing then, wasn't he?

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Giddings vs. LH will be a great one to see, I think Giddings will take it. Then, after Wimberley dispatches with Hondo next week (and we will, I went and saw Hondo today...), then Wimberley will get its shot at revenge for the loss early this season. You couldnt ask for anything better!!!