PDA

View Full Version : Liberty-Eylau — Royse City updates

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Right now it's 21-14 in favor of the LEopards with about three minutes to go in the first half.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Webcast link:
http://www.audiosportsonline.net/Royse/Football.htm

DaHop72
12-02-2006, 04:05 PM
RC at the 5 with 20 secs in the first half.

Adidas410s
12-02-2006, 04:07 PM
let's go RC, let's go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
12-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
let's go RC, let's go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Field Goal no good with 11 secs. Still 21-14.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 04:10 PM
RC missed 31-yard FG. It's 21-14 LE at the end of the first half.

Adidas410s
12-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Field Goal no good with 11 secs. Still 21-14.

:mad::mad::mad:

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 04:53 PM
It's now 27-14, LE, about midway through the third quarter.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 05:11 PM
RC drove 94 yards to score, including 77-yard pass play. 27-21 near the end of the third.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Final score from Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium in Tyler:

Liberty-Eylau 27, Royse City 21

Congratulations, Leopards. Let's hope you do that two more weeks and bring home another title to East Texas.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Per Coach Brady's postgame interview, LE will play Canyon in Abilene next Saturday.

kaorder1999
12-02-2006, 08:04 PM
congrats LE...good season RC

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Here's a Dallas News blog entry about the game:

http://hs.beloblog.com/

Royse City eliminated from playoffs, 27-21

Texarkana Liberty-Eylau withstood a late drive by Royse City to hold on for a 27-21 victory Saturday at Rose Stadium in Tyler. Royse City finished the season 11-2 but returns a slew of players from this season's squad.

Royse City marched to the 25-yard line and had one last shot at the end zone. With 5 seconds left, Royse City sophomore QB Richard Morrison tried to step up at the line of scrimmage to buy some time to find a receiver in the end zone and was sacked by L-E's Devin Bruce to end the game.

Liberty-Eylau advances to play Canyon in the next round.

Posted by Brandon George at 5:07 PM

txkmom
12-02-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm glad that's over. Not LE's best game, some big plays called back on penalties, but the offense got some points up there and the defense made a stand several times. Royse City has a talented team.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Your broadcasters were not believing all the holding calls. I counted at least five while I was listening.

Had it not been for that, this would not have been a close game.

lostaussie
12-02-2006, 09:20 PM
this was a great game to watch. I froze my big fanny off because I was not prepared. This was not the same T L/E team that beat us 2 weeks ago, but they did get it done. congrats to both teams. Royse City has nothing to hang there heads about. They were in it until the very last play of the game.

txkmom
12-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I know, I know. A TD called back, some big yardage negated. They have cleaned it up before and will have to again. Lots of talent, engines revved a little too high sometimes!!!

lostaussie
12-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
I know, I know. A TD called back, some big yardage negated. They have cleaned it up before and will have to again. Lots of talent, engines revved a little too high sometimes!!! txkmom, I want to say this and for sure don't take it the wrong way. If this game had been won by athletes L/E would have won in a blowout. If it had been won by heart R/C would have pulled it out. R/C was outmanned from the start, but still managed to make it a great game.

txkmom
12-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Not taken the wrong way! Heart can carry you along way and RC was both athletic and driven.

lostaussie
12-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Not taken the wrong way! Heart can carry you along way and RC was both athletic and driven. i paid admission just to watch Will punt. It's almost the most beautiful thing I have ever seen:D

txkmom
12-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Will says thanks (stuffing face w/pizza) lol
He has had better nights, but tries to put it where they want it.

rangerjoe33
12-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Great game by both sides as everyone has stated. Yes, RC was in it till the end in large part due to a few holding calls on LE.

I was suprised to see the defensive 2nd half. Mainly from the RC defense. I knew LE could play D, but the RC defense really suprised me and stepped it up to keep them in the game. The whole 4th quarter was played in the RC end of the field.

LE has some great talent and size. That #45 is awesome.

I thought the game was well officiated, the players were very sportsmanlike....both sides. What a great regional final.

I will be pulling for the Leopards the rest of the way. No shame here in RC losing to a team of that caliber.

dogdad
12-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Your broadcasters were not believing all the holding calls. I counted at least five while I was listening.

Had it not been for that, this would not have been a close game.
being there in person rather than listening to it, I find your reasoning humorous. If the officials hadn't called all those holds, LE would have won easier....if LE had not held, then the penalties would not have been called (btw, LE had holding on a least 3 crucial plays when it was not called, so there was REALLY a lot of holding going on). In my opinion, the game was pretty even and the officiating was pretty good and LE made a big play when they had to. You may have sensed that LE should have won bigger, but seeing it live, I think it was about as close as it gets. Yardage was slightly in RC's favor, 1st downs were even I think and time of possession was about even.

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 01:36 AM
:clap: :clap: Congrats to the LEPS!!! Region II Champs!! Good Luck next week in the semi's!! :)

Great season for the Bulldogs!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

loyalleopard
12-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Yes sir Dogdad, there were holding called and not called. We had several of our players "tackled" during some of RC's offensive plays. Don't try to bring in the " they held us" excuse. Your guys held just as much if not more than ours did. It was a great Texas HS football game.

rangerjoe33
12-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by loyalleopard
Yes sir Dogdad, there were holding called and not called. We had several of our players "tackled" during some of RC's offensive plays. Don't try to bring in the " they held us" excuse. Your guys held just as much if not more than ours did. It was a great Texas HS football game.

This does not sound like an excuse to me. He was responding to a post from another LE fan who listened on the radio and couldn't believe a the holding.

posted by dogdad [/i]

In my opinion, the game was pretty even and the officiating was pretty good and LE made a big play when they had to.[/QUOTE]

txkmom
12-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Royse City fans and players, be proud of your play last night. You came in in the second half and forced LE's offense to scramble, and scramble again, and our defense was put to the test time and time again. We all know how close it was. I try not to dwell on the officiating b/c we all always see it from our own point of view, which means we could debate it until the cows come home! I am so impressed with your young QB, among others. I know the future holds great things for your team.

Hansum Stranger
12-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i paid admission just to watch Will punt. It's almost the most beautiful thing I have ever seen:D

I saw Will punt last year. It's just incredible the distance and location he can get with the football.

rangerjoe33
12-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Royse City fans and players, be proud of your play last night. You came in in the second half and forced LE's offense to scramble, and scramble again, and our defense was put to the test time and time again. We all know how close it was. I try not to dwell on the officiating b/c we all always see it from our own point of view, which means we could debate it until the cows come home! I am so impressed with your young QB, among others. I know the future holds great things for your team.

Agreed on all fronts mom.