PDA

View Full Version : Clearing up the giddings game

buff4ever
12-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Giddings boys probably came in thinking they had an easy one after last week, defense holds them on the opening drive, then we score quickly w/ a long touchdown. We were awake and on our game, defense holds them again. Then I think we thought the game was going to be a cake walk, fumbles and penalties. Yes despite what you may have read on other post on here, giddings also had fumbles and penalties to over come, not just la vega.

I think that we came out strong and then slacked off. It almost killed us, it got close to out of reach right before half, then we made our break, took it into half and came out and won the game. Defense held them to 7 in the second half and the offense quit making mistakes that killed drives. We slowed ourselves a couple time in the second half but nothing like the first half.

Chopblock
12-02-2006, 01:35 PM
that can happen, but good teams always respond when needed
as bad as i hate to admit it, i hope for the citizens of lee co, giddings takes the state title

eagles_victory
12-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Giddings boys probably came in thinking they had an easy one after last week, defense holds them on the opening drive, then we score quickly w/ a long touchdown. We were awake and on our game, defense holds them again. Then I think we thought the game was going to be a cake walk, fumbles and penalties. Yes despite what you may have read on other post on here, giddings also had fumbles and penalties to over come, not just la vega.

I think that we came out strong and then slacked off. It almost killed us, it got close to out of reach right before half, then we made our break, took it into half and came out and won the game. Defense held them to 7 in the second half and the offense quit making mistakes that killed drives. We slowed ourselves a couple time in the second half but nothing like the first half.
I thought Lavega played a great game to pull the near upset i guess i was wrong they just hung around b/c of nothing they did but because of Giddings beating themselves. :rolleyes: yea right give Lavega some credit Im sure they were part of the reason Giddings just started making mistakes out of nowhere this week

buff4ever
12-02-2006, 01:41 PM
It is funny along w/ what buff booster said in previous thread how people think brock is a ball hog. The truth is in this offense it is a read. Sometimes read aren't right, but it is what it is. Last night he handed off to the full back many times, some for no gain, maybe he should have pulled it, who knows.

Untill he is shut down in a game he should probably keep forcing it. He is what got us here offensively. However we have great players, that other teams would dream to have on there team. It showed in the WOS game last week. WOS did better than anyone has at containing (not shutting down) brock, so we let jarmon and johnson and dock and bradley run the ball. AND WE WON. Brock was not a ball hog last week, and he only appears to be when he is not being stopped.

Good point buff booster on how la vega gave the ball to the same guy when it was working.

Sometimes ignorance on this board drives me nuts, which is why I registered to defend our team on here. We don't have as many posters as many others who like to hate on us b/c we are good, and they have been beat by us or don't want to play us. We have a very talented team all the way around on both sides of the ball, brock is just our main ball carrier, who runs around our good blocking, and b/c our other backs demand attention from other defenses. Our defense has shown there heart two weeks in a row.

Chopblock
12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I remember watching Brock, Jarmon and others in Jr High
People have to understand that this offense centers around reads
Brock takes what is given and makes the most of it
People also don't realize the shear speed and size that this giddings teams posses
I remember making the statement at a game 3 years ago that with this group of athletes, Giddings will take a state title before they graduate

buff4ever
12-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Sorry, I did not mean to put down la vega, they were great. The reason we could not make the mistakes we were making is b/c they were good enough to make us pay for them. They were very very very big up front and had great runners, ran there kind of ball real well. If we would have continued to make the mistakes we were making in the first half we would have lost for sure. That is all I was saying. It is no secret that everyone in the state thought that that la vega was no where near the talent of WOS. That being said they could play w/ and possibly beat everyone we have played to this point other than WOS. Props to them. They have overcome a lot and have a lot to be proud of and a lot to look forward to.

buffalo booster
12-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Yo, Choplock -- Lot of folks here in Giddings have had high hopes for this group of athletes for several years. If I am not mistaken, I believe that the Juniors on this team were undefeated in Middle School and won all of their 7th A and 8th A games. If I am mistaken, I am sure that somebody on the board will point it out to me!

Chopblock
12-02-2006, 02:16 PM
you are correct that is a good group of athletes
is the locke kid playing? i havent seen giddings in 3 years

buffalo booster
12-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Yep. #7 plays defensive back and returns punts. Led the district in interceptions. Good little QB when he was younger. Still a real good athlete.

Chopblock
12-02-2006, 02:23 PM
he always has been a good athlete
what has happened to my buddy Sopo Gonzales?

Old Tiger
12-02-2006, 04:04 PM
How come whenever the Buffs play a close game it's because they played averagely? Maybe the other team gave you all you could handle. It sure sounded like it.:thinking:

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I think the reason that the success of Giddings isnt given the credit its due comes down to this...one player on your team is a smart-mouthed braggart who just rubs people the wrong way and makes them want to root against HIM...not the team. THATS what you are seeing here. I am sure you know who it is I am speaking of.

buff4life
12-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think the reason that the success of Giddings isnt given the credit its due comes down to this...one player on your team is a smart-mouthed braggart who just rubs people the wrong way and makes them want to root against HIM...not the team. THATS what you are seeing here. I am sure you know who it is I am speaking of.

i'm sorry...its not as if he badmouths people everywhere in public and stuff...you probably don't even really know the truth just rumor that you have heard.....people really need to stop hating and criticizing a player for rumors they hear...the only people i will take this from are people who played against him...BTW EVERYONE Talks crap on the field....and FYI FITZ is NOT a braggart in the least bit for constantly having his name in the papers

LHPfactory
12-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
It is no secret that everyone in the state thought that that la vega was no where near the talent of WOS. That being said they could play w/ and possibly beat everyone we have played to this point other than WOS. Props to them. They have overcome a lot and have a lot to be proud of and a lot to look forward to.

How do you know they cant beat WOS? The game is played on the field. Not to mention Wimberly is on fire, they aint the same team yall beat in 0 week. I watched the WOS-Giddings game, and I hope yall look past LH this up coming week, please do..... if you get past LH, I bet Buse and the Texans school the Buffs this time around.

pirate4state
12-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
How do you know they cant beat WOS? The game is played on the field. Not to mention Wimberly is on fire, they aint the same team yall beat in 0 week. I watched the WOS-Giddings game, and I hope yall look past LH this up coming week, please do..... if you get past LH, I bet Buse and the Texans school the Buffs this time around.

I hear that!! IF you make it past the Panthers!!

GO PANTHERS!!

Darren
12-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
How come whenever the Buffs play a close game it's because they played averagely? Maybe the other team gave you all you could handle. It sure sounded like it.:thinking:

In response Tiger. Giddings played good on offense I think Brock had about 315 yards rushing. The defense was the problem La Vega has some great Linemen (I think they averaged like 250 or something like that) and that #12 was very good. They ran the same off tackle play over and over and we knew it was coming but just couldn't stop it.

Honestly I was sitting in the stands freezing and was thinking that Giddings would lose the game. La Vega had a great team and if it hadn't been for a couple of key turnovers on La Vega's part it would have been a much different game. But the turn overs and penalties did occur and are part of the game because of this Giddings won the game. I think that if that game were played 4 times the likely outcome would be 2-2.

La Vega Congrats on a great year. With some of the young players you have I am sure that we will see you for years to come in the playoffs.

Darren
12-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory

Good point... Liberty Hill is going to be very very tough so I don't want to look past them. But if we were to play Wimberley again I think it would be decided by 7 or less. Wimberley is a better team than we beat early on but so is Giddings it would be a great rematch.

I think that this same sort of thing happened last year with Cameron and Hutto. Cameron played Hutto in District and beat them then Hutto beat Cameron in the playoffs.

I will say it again. NO TEAM IS AN EASY WIN FROM THIS POINT ON.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
i'm sorry...its not as if he badmouths people everywhere in public and stuff...you probably don't even really know the truth just rumor that you have heard.....people really need to stop hating and criticizing a player for rumors they hear...the only people i will take this from are people who played against him...BTW EVERYONE Talks crap on the field....and FYI FITZ is NOT a braggart in the least bit for constantly having his name in the papers

Please understand what I am saying...I have the utmost respect for the Giddings team and the coaches, and even the fans. Your defense is #1 in the state for a reason, they ARE that good. Your offense is incredibly good, and Fitzhenry is a real talent, no doubt. But regarding the "rumors"...yes, I am not on the field playing, but nor are you. And I am related to someone who played against him, and even was with him at the A&M camps. I aslo read what he says in the papers about us and others. So, in my mind, they arent rumors.

I didnt even mention his name in the last post, but you knew EXACTLY who I was talking about. Interesting, wouldnt you say? And by the way, there is no "hate" at all...he is just a kid, as they all are. Just know that this is why you see so many posts rooting AGAINST Giddings...right or wrong, this is the reason.

buff4life
12-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Please understand what I am saying...I have the utmost respect for the Giddings team and the coaches, and even the fans. Your defense is #1 in the state for a reason, they ARE that good. Your offense is incredibly good, and Fitzhenry is a real talent, no doubt. But regarding the "rumors"...yes, I am not on the field playing, but nor are you. And I am related to someone who played against him, and even was with him at the A&M camps. I aslo read what he says in the papers about us and others. So, in my mind, they arent rumors.

I didnt even mention his name in the last post, but you knew EXACTLY who I was talking about. Interesting, wouldnt you say? And by the way, there is no "hate" at all...he is just a kid, as they all are. Just know that this is why you see so many posts rooting AGAINST Giddings...right or wrong, this is the reason.

wutever...not sure about the paper part but ok....it seems pointless to try and get a point across to biased people so i give up

wimbo_pro
12-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
wutever...not sure about the paper part but ok....it seems pointless to try and get a point across to biased people so i give up

True, Buff4life....we are BOTH biased people, wouldnt you say? Good luck in the game, and lets pray for no injuries on either side of the ball.

buffalo booster
12-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Sorry, buff4life, but I must try to make a quick point about "what he says in the papers..."

This is from Saturday's Austin American-Statesman: "It's the Bufaloes," said Fitzhenry, refusing to talk about individual efforts after the victory. "It's a team game. The Buffaloes won. The Buffaloes made plays."

But, it's like you said, it's almost pointless to try to get a point across to some folks. For whatever reason(s), there are a lot of posters out there that are dissing the Buffs. And many of them, unfortunately, are simply spreading rumors about what they heard from somebody else...

buff4life
12-03-2006, 04:55 PM
don't be sorry to me...you were backing my point...thanks

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Technically it's Buffalo ;)

Old Tiger
12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
bullcrap PI call