PDA

View Full Version : oh man....

necks_c/09
12-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Robinson is good.......

they are very much underrated......that is a good squad and may just well win state......

they played hard and the scoreboard showed.....only thing is this game didnt seem so lopsided when it was being played.....they were stopped like 3 times in the redzone(WC).......they just couldnt finish each drive.....congrats on a great season and good luck next year....we'll be there supportin ya again.

redfish961
12-02-2006, 03:12 AM
only thing is this game didnt seem so lopsided when it was being played.....they were stopped like 3 times in the redzone(WC).......they just couldnt finish each drive.....

Huh? The game I saw would have been more lopsided than it was, had the 2cnd string not been put in. Normally there's a reason a team can't finish a drive. Most folks call it defense.

That being said, Columbia had a good season. Robinson's firepower was just too much for them and Robinson's defense made plays when they needed to.

carter08
12-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Tough loss

Me and necks_c/09 tried to go over to the Endzone to meet BBDE, but the cops stopped us

GO NECKS!

bobcat1
12-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Celina played them early and I was impressed with them. I'd like to see them do well.

redfish961
12-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Now that La Vega is out, I'm definitely supporting Celina. They are an outstanding team and handed Robinson a thorough whipping. The best thing is, that loss got Robinson's attention and showed them how hard they would have to work in order to try and make a play-off run.

In my opinion Celina and Palestine have been the 2 best defenses we've seen, with Celina getting the edge. Size and speed are hard to deal with and a special combination.

I'm really impressed with Celina's ability to go up a class and still remain undefeated. Just shows what an outstanding coach and program the Bobcats have.

Good luck the rest of the way and take it easy on us next year,would ya ;)

awizzy
12-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by redfish961
only thing is this game didnt seem so lopsided when it was being played.....they were stopped like 3 times in the redzone(WC).......they just couldnt finish each drive.....

Huh? The game I saw would have been more lopsided than it was, had the 2cnd string not been put in. Normally there's a reason a team can't finish a drive. Most folks call it defense.

That being said, Columbia had a good season. Robinson's firepower was just too much for them and Robinson's defense made plays when they needed to.

learn to use quotes...thanks

redfish961
12-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Thank you for pointing that out. I'll try to do better in the future.

mwynn05
12-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
learn to use quotes...thanks dont be mad and take shots like that bc you got beat

charlesrixey
12-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I won't lie, i've been rooting for Robinson ever since we played them. Celina had their number that day, but i can imagine a rematch would be much closer (too bad it can't happen in the playoffs).

Your defense has come along quite nicely, and i think La Vega showed last night that your loss to them is certainly excusable.

Good luck to the Rockets throughout the remainder of the year--i think they will play Ingleside next week? Ya'll have a chance to do something special.

Chopblock
12-02-2006, 01:31 PM
talked to Burnet44 throughout the game on the phone, one of the only things a i miss about moving to the panhandle, i miss great playoff games

awizzy
12-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
dont be mad and take shots like that bc you got beat
i am not mad i wish the best of look to waco..check the other thread...this guy is just making hard for me to root for them

redfish961
12-02-2006, 02:11 PM
awizzy, I understand about the quotations and you are correct.

As far as the other post, I'm simply giving back a little of what was dished out. No big deal, I just wish before people would make comments like "Flannel will wreck the house....again" for example, they would consider the possibility that, that may not be the case. Some of these statements are just plain arrogant.

If folks want to open their mouth and post arrogant comments, then they should be able to accept arrogant comments without hard feelings. Remember the Golden Rule? Do unto others as you would like done unto you.

It would be different if I had posted "Kitchens will light the stadium up...again" before the game. I would expect repercussions if that did not pan out.

Fact is, I didn't make any such statement and nor did anyone else. You did unto others and it just got done unto you.

By the way, this comment and thought is directed at those that made the arrogant comments in hopes that when given the chance, they will think before they type.

Now if it had been posted in the fashion of:

If Columbia can take advantage of their size differential and open some holes like they have in the past 2 games, Flannel should have a good night. The only deciding factor is if Robinson's speed can handle Columbia's massive line.

That's a post that is factual, noncondescending, open to possibilities, and gives the credit to both teams that they deserve.

Hope you understand my perspective.

awizzy
12-02-2006, 02:20 PM
awizzy, I understand about the quotations and you are correct.

As far as the other post, I'm simply giving back a little of what was dished out. No big deal, I just wish before people would make comments like "Flannel will wreck the house....again" for example, they would consider the possibility that, that may not be the case. Some of these statements are just plain arrogant.

If folks want to open their mouth and post arrogant comments, then they should be able to accept arrogant comments without hard feelings. Remember the Golden Rule? Do unto others as you would like done unto you.

It would be different if I had posted "Kitchens will light the stadium up...again" before the game. I would expect repercussions if that did not pan out.

Fact is, I didn't make any such statement and nor did anyone else. You did unto others and it just got done unto you.

By the way, this comment and thought is directed at those that made the arrogant comments in hopes that when given the chance, they will think before they type.

Now if it had been posted in the fashion of:

If Columbia can take advantage of their size differential and open some holes like they have in the past 2 games, Flannel should have a good night. The only deciding factor is if Robinson's speed can handle Columbia's massive line.

That's a post that is factual, noncondescending, open to possibilities, and gives the credit to both teams that they deserve.

Hope you understand my perspective.

i understand where you are coming from, however the comments i made about flannel in no way were to desrespect robinson at all i am a huge football fan and flannel was indeed are best player and i was braggin on him not taking a cheap shot at robison or their d line...and i can not speak for other columbia poster but i never intened to "trash talk" just simply get our players pumped up...i wish robinson the best of luck the remainder of the year and no harm was ever intended

redfish961
12-02-2006, 02:29 PM
No harm intended here either.

Thanks for the reply and I think I've raised enough "neck hairs" for today (pun intended). Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Have a great day and good luck the rest of the year. Hopefully both football teams will have the same success next year and have the chance to meet again for a rematch.

By the way, how do y'all look in basketball and baseball this year? I'm not sure about basketball, but baseball looks promising.

awizzy
12-02-2006, 02:36 PM
No harm intended here either.

Thanks for the reply and I think I've raised enough "neck hairs" for today (pun intended). Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Have a great day and good luck the rest of the year. Hopefully both football teams will have the same success next year and have the chance to meet again for a rematch.

By the way, how do y'all look in basketball and baseball this year? I'm not sure about basketball, but baseball looks promising.

should have a really good chance at winning district in basketball this year...lost alot of talent..including me lol...but the scott twins are very good basketball players not sure if flannel will play basketball, he missed all of last year do to his foot, as for baseball they lost alot last year of couse shane minks went to a&m to pitch, but basketball they should be tough, of course last year we beat a stafford team twice who went to state

awizzy
12-02-2006, 02:38 PM
oh and u too have a nice day

Mike-Hawk
12-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Buh-bye.....lhpm

Johnnypaycheck
12-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Mike-Hawk

someone needs to watch his potty mouth if he wants to post on this board. go back to myspace if you want to use language like that!

but you were right, we couldn't stop Kitchens...he's REALLY GOOD!

necks_c/09
12-02-2006, 11:06 PM

Dang dude i just gave yall major props and then u trash Wc....

all im sayin is we made to the redzone then we couldnt finish and the only reason ur Jv came in is b/c we couldnt finish.......

the Main reason we couldnt finish is b/c yalls D stepped up....that is true.......but our offense was moving the ball.....the score jsut doenst show it..........is all i was tryin to say.

buddy