PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on the Cuero-Wimberley(12/1/06) game.

SintonFan
12-02-2006, 12:34 AM
I just got in, jeez it was a tale of two halves. Since I didn't see the first I give some thoughts on the second half.
Wimberley started the second half on defense and it looked like the Gobbs were gonna march down the field business as usual but that pick they had on Kyle gave them some momentum. They did score but it wasn't easy. Cuero made them work for it. They, the Texans, were very determined and it showed.
Once they were up 21-19 there was no stopping them. The second touchdown in the 3rd quarter was a pass that was under thrown that the receiver came back for, tipped it up to himself in front of the defender and then ran it in. It was an amazing play. That QB for the Texans is really good with a good feel for the long ball. One thing that really stood out is how he could hang the ball up there and have complete faith in his receivers to go get it. I'm used to seeing Cuero do that to other teams and not the other way around. Cuero didn't play bad defense but they seemed a little off with the play calling of the Texans. Many of the big plays Wimberley made came on plays that looked stopped for short gains but those guys never, ever let up. It was a good game for the Texans, no doubt.
Cuero, I was hoping you guys would win but sometimes it just isn't your night. Congratulations on a stellar 12-1
season! I know your goals weren't met but many of us really enjoyed your season and know yall will be stronger next year.:)
Congratulations to Wimberley on a hard-fought win and good luck in the future.:clap:
At the game:
I had the pleasure to meet Chris Hart and watch the game with him the second half and discuss some football. It was fun buddy.:D
I hope we get to meet up again soon for some more great football like what we witnessed tonight.
It was also great to meet BOOSTY! lol He didn't look nothing like he I thought he would and was too quiet.;) :D
It was great to see p4s and 44, too.
Sorry to those who made the pre-game MnG but I was running really late and arrived with a minute before the half. I got there late but I'm glad I did get to the game afterall.:)

Chris Hart
12-02-2006, 01:23 AM
I enjoyed it as well Sintonfan! I hope it plays out where we can meet up again before the season ends, I had a great time. Congrats to both Cuero and Wimberley for a hard fought game. The tale of two halves is correct. The Gobblers had the Texan defense sucking wind in the first half, but was just the opposite in the second half. I knew Wimberley was pretty good again this year, but after watching them beat Cuero 41-14 in the second half tells me they are VERY good. Still not where they were last year, but, they may not have to be this year. Congratulations Texans!

It was great to meet Pirate4State, 44inaRow and Boosty Hondo as well tonight...:)

SintonFan
12-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Heck ya man! I hope we get to do this again next week. *keeping my fingers crossed*:D

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2006, 01:59 AM
First off let me say. congrats cuero on a great season. one heck of a ball club. But you gotta hand it to them Texans! They just keep on winning. just how they keep on fighting and never give up. the coaches made some great halftime adjustments, especially on defense. we couldnt stop them at all in the 1st half. especially the passing game. noack and tre gray just tore us up. I think what impressed me the most about cueros team is their WR's, they are extremely good. noack is good as well. but they make noack look better IMO. but that was expected, I knew they would expose our secondary. but our defense stopped them when it mattered the most. I just cant say enough about the Texans. Beaty continued to shine tonight making many plays. Len Thompson makes yet another dramatic one handed catch for a TD. and Buse was kept in check for the most part in the 1st half but he just kept on punishing and he wore down cueros defense by the end of the game. but all in all it was an outstanding performance and they definately rose to the occasion. especially our secondary, but they really played well in the 2nd half. the coaches had them prepared and made great adjustments at half time. they deserve just as much credit as the players! so KEEP IT GOING BOYS!! and dont celebrate too long because we have another tough game next week so dont get caught looking ahead to giddings. GREAT JOB TEXANS!!!!!!

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2006, 02:03 AM
And on another note. I know this was my first post but im not a complete newby! I have been reading all these threads all season. and I have been posting on Txprep for 3 years. Im lnghrnfn06 on txprep for all of you that post there too. and secondly... it was good to meet catman and gobblagrad. I wish some more people would of shown up but it is alright, maybe we shall meet some other time! congrats cuero on a great season. very good, disciplined football team and I have the upmost respect for your team and all cuero fans! yall will be back next year..... yall seem to do that year in year out!;)

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Welcome Texan_Alum...glad you're here now.

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2006, 03:30 AM
yeah its about time. I should of done it sooner i guess. but i didnt have an email account that would pass their regulations. but im here now.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Go to the chat room! look on the front page.

Sinton94
12-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Wish I could have seen this game. Congrats to both teams and Cuero keep your heads up.........you had a great season...........Good luck Wimberley and win state!:clap:

GreenMachine
12-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Great game Wimberley. That Buse kid is a great hard running back and the QB is another fine athlete. Ya'll definitely deserve this game, no doubt about it. Our guys played hard but ya'lls guys were more physical. Good luck the rest of the way and show everybody what region 4 football is all about!

44INAROW
12-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Great game Wimberley. That Buse kid is a great hard running back and the QB is another fine athlete. Ya'll definitely deserve this game, no doubt about it. Our guys played hard but ya'lls guys were more physical. Good luck the rest of the way and show everybody what region 4 football is all about!
thanks for saying it for me GreenMachine...... I was too emtional to get on last night (@ 2AM when we got home) couldn't do it.. having a Senior - well... anyway - I can't go there (yet) those that have seniors or have in the past will understand :(

Congrats to the Texans. I think you guys will go all the way

It was a pleasure to meet Chris Hart and thanks for Pirate4state (Rita) for bringing him, CatMan and Daniel to where I was sitting....... NIce to see you all again :) There were several non-posters but regular downlow readers sitting nearby and they thought it was neat to see some of the folks that post.

It's a pretty day - guess we'll do Christmas lights and lick our wounds :( On a good note, I ate breakfast and kept it down so I guess the healing has begun :)

GreenMachine
12-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
thanks for saying it for me GreenMachine...... I was too emtional to get on last night (@ 2AM when we got home) couldn't do it.. having a Senior - well... anyway - I can't go there (yet) those that have seniors or have in the past will understand :(

It was a pleasure to meet Chris Hart and thanks for Pirate4state (Rita) for bringing him, CatMan and Daniel to where I was sitting....... NIce to see you all again :) There were several non-posters but regular downlow readers sitting nearby and they thought it was neat to see some of the folks that post.

It's a pretty day - guess we'll do Christmas lights and lick our wounds :( On a good note, I ate breakfast and kept it down so I guess the healing has begun :) I can't imagine the emotions with having a senior on the field. They had a great season, although they didn't meet their final goal. Sorry that I didn't make it to the M&G, we got there with everyone having tickets but me, and I had to run to the other side of the stadium to get mine, then I couldn't remember where everyone was meeting. Anyway, in a couple of years, my oldest son will start playing, with the younger one a year behind. They are very sad the season is over, as they thought a lot of the boys we had playing this year (I know Brandon talked about having Johnny as a pal). I can't wait for the chance to see my boys in green Gobbler uniforms, as that is all they talk about. Anyway, you kept down breakfast and that is a start. Ya'll have a good day and tell Johnny how proud we are to be supporting our classy Gobbler football team. :)

VanKampen
12-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Wimberley is just amazing. Maybe Cuero had some talent but nowhere near the Texans' level and if you want to argue that than all I can say is 55-33.

SintonFan
12-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Another thing about the Texans. They kept the ball almost the entire second half, away from Cuero's potent offense.
44, I feel for you and know it must be hard. Your team, including your son has nothing to be ashamed of. As big of a shocker it was for yall, you have handled the loss with diginity and class. Tell your son to keep his chin up high, he and the whole team deserve to know that more than their town is pulling for them to be successful in the lives.:)

TAMUGRAD
12-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Morning 44. Think putting up the Christmas lights sounds like a good idea. Every time I see my son I just tell him I love him and that I am proud of him. They don't realize how much they have accomplished over the years and how successful they really are, all they see right now is that they fell short of their goal.

Hold your heads high Gobblers you have had an incredible season.

Congrats to the Texans.

greenpride
12-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
Wimberley is just amazing. Maybe Cuero had some talent but nowhere near the Texans' level and if you want to argue that than all I can say is 55-33.

You can't honestly tell me you believe that the talent level Wimberley had was any deeper than Cuero's. Wimberley made great halftime adjustments and made them work. You guys got an interference call that was bogus and then the run was on. Buse was unstopable. Beatty played a decent game. Cuero had him pinned numerous times and let him get out of the pocket and make yards. Good luck Wimberley, go win state and I hope VanKampen's car breaks down on the way to the game. LOL

Bandera YaYa
12-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

It's a pretty day - guess we'll do Christmas lights and lick our wounds :( On a good note, I ate breakfast and kept it down so I guess the healing has begun :) So sorry that your awesome season came to an end. It has been fun keeping up with the Gobblers this year. Your son is lucky to have such a caring parent. Here's wishing you and your family a blessed holiday season.

44INAROW
12-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks to all the Gobbler supporters for the kind words....
It's been a solemn day but we've survived :) I really appreciate my good friends that called me several times today, it does help to hear friendly voices on the other end....
The lights trimmning the house have been put up and the 6 foot snowman has "almost" been put together - Oh My Gosh - I wish someone had a video of Mr 44 and I putting this thing together... "3 Simple Steps" my foot...... It's a mesh type wire snowman - in 3 sections (and a big hat) Hope we get finished before midnight ha ha..........

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Sorry I missed you at the game, 44. I wish the best for your boys and the years ahead.

rundoe
12-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
First off let me say. congrats cuero on a great season. one heck of a ball club. But you gotta hand it to them Texans! They just keep on winning. just how they keep on fighting and never give up. the coaches made some great halftime adjustments, especially on defense. we couldnt stop them at all in the 1st half. especially the passing game. noack and tre gray just tore us up. I think what impressed me the most about cueros team is their WR's, they are extremely good. noack is good as well. but they make noack look better IMO. but that was expected, I knew they would expose our secondary. but our defense stopped them when it mattered the most. I just cant say enough about the Texans. Beaty continued to shine tonight making many plays. Len Thompson makes yet another dramatic one handed catch for a TD. and Buse was kept in check for the most part in the 1st half but he just kept on punishing and he wore down cueros defense by the end of the game. but all in all it was an outstanding performance and they definately rose to the occasion. especially our secondary, but they really played well in the 2nd half. the coaches had them prepared and made great adjustments at half time. they deserve just as much credit as the players! so KEEP IT GOING BOYS!! and dont celebrate too long because we have another tough game next week so dont get caught looking ahead to giddings. GREAT JOB TEXANS!!!!!!

Welcome TexasAlum06But you are looking a little far hard here mentioning giddings and Wimberly arn't you? I thinkboth Wimberly and Gidding have a game to play this week before they can start countingthat chicken!!

TexanAlum_06
12-03-2006, 12:32 AM
re-read what i said. i said dont get caught LOOKING ahead to giddings because we have a another tough game this week.

cpsgpd
12-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Here is how I saw the game
Wimberley has a balanced attack offense, they were able to run between the tackles(no one can out run Cuero to the side lines) when Cuero loaded the box to stop the run Wimberley threw over them. Wimberley’s offense controlled the ball and the clock and limited Cuero’s offensive opportunities. Wimberley was more physical than Cuero on both sides of the ball.

Cuero had some success in the first half with the drag pattern to Trey Gray. But Wimberley’s halftime adjustments shut that down. Cuero’s WR’s are fast and can score from any place on the field, Wimberley played good Team defense and tackled well.

Wimberley is a well-coached and Disciplined Football Team that executes extremely well on both sides of the ball.

rundoe
12-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Texas_Alum06.
I read it right. MY point was that you referenced " looking ahead to Giddings". Giddings may not be there to look ahead to by then.
Rundoe