PDA

View Full Version : Who will have what it takes to take it in Div. 1 next year?

SP-2-state
12-04-2003, 11:58 AM
I would have to say that Cuero has a good chance next year....but I think I am going to have to say the Sinton Pirates will have a great chance...there will be no rebuilding for them. Returning 9-6 on O/D they will be hot. I would put my money on them with a tough off season. The whole offensive line is back. Except for the big loss at TE. The D returns many but loss some important bodies. Watch the PIRATES!

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2003, 12:00 PM
we can't even begin to talk about DI until after realignment...4A schools could move down, knocking some current DI schools into DII, and some DI schools may get paired into the same district, meaning that one of them will have to go DII.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 12:03 PM
watch for hondo next year im not saying this cause im from hondo im saying it because were gonna have good group of kids on varsity next year and in 2 years watch hondo it will be my class and our current freshman (freshman went 10-0) so be watching hondo the next 2 years

3-ARoy
12-04-2003, 03:29 PM
If West Orange- Stark moves down, they will probably be a lot of people's pick next year. They will have my vote for DI.

sinton66
12-04-2003, 04:23 PM
crzyjournalist03:
we can't even begin to talk about DI until after realignment...4A schools could move down, knocking some current DI schools into DII, and some DI schools may get paired into the same district, meaning that one of them will have to go DII.I saw a post on here about the possibility of Tuloso Midway dropping down. In our area, if anybody from 4A drops it would be Rockport Fulton more than likely. They have been 3A before. T-M never has to my knowledge. That said, your point is a valid one because the divisional lines will determine who will or can be div.1 in several cases.

Hupernikomen
12-04-2003, 05:06 PM
3-ARoy:
If West Orange- Stark moves down, they will probably be a lot of people's pick next year. They will have my vote for DI.I think will the dogs will take WOS next year if they move into our district. I know we sure punished them two years ago and last year I guess they didn't care to play a 3A team. I bet they are going to be pretty dern tough if they move down. I would love to get that rivalry pumping again.

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>

Hupernikomen
12-04-2003, 05:07 PM
<small>[ December 04, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>

Hupernikomen
12-04-2003, 05:13 PM
<small>[ December 04, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>

Cat22
12-04-2003, 05:22 PM
3-ARoy:
If West Orange- Stark moves down, they will probably be a lot of people's pick next year. They will have my vote for DI.I heard they have something like 22 letterman coming back next year. I'm still trying to verify this. If this is true, look out for WO-S next year.

j_dog
12-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Hupernikomen:
oops sorry about the multiple post. is there anyway to actually delete a post you make?</strong>[/QUOTE]

I don't know about "deleting" the post, but you can edit it down to a period so that it doesn't take so much space. :)

3afan2K3
12-04-2003, 06:30 PM
j_dog:

Hupernikomen:
oops sorry about the multiple post. is there anyway to actually delete a post you make?I don't know about "deleting" the post, but you can edit it down to a period so that it doesn't take so much space. :) </strong>[/QUOTE]
you can edit it to a space to

marktaras
12-04-2003, 07:50 PM
SP-2-state:
I would have to say that Cuero has a good chance next year....but I think I am going to have to say the Sinton Pirates will have a great chance...there will be no rebuilding for them. Returning 9-6 on O/D they will be hot. I would put my money on them with a tough off season. The whole offensive line is back. Except for the big loss at TE. The D returns many but loss some important bodies. Watch the PIRATES!Burnet's Juniors were undefeated as freshmen. Just an observation.

jcwa88
12-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Jasper-will-get-alot-o-starters-back-next-year!!!!! eek!

wildstangs
12-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Of course we cant tell who all will be in 3A, but barring anything major, watch out for Abilene Wylie. They have a sophomore QB this year who has improved very greatly. Coach Sandefer always has them ready.

Wbulldogs
12-04-2003, 09:09 PM
yah watch out for wylie next year to make alot of noise...alot of jrs coming back for some more and some sops too...should be a great team...but dont forget this year is yet to be over wink

Old Cardinal
12-04-2003, 10:20 PM
West Orange-Stark will have 32 Seniors back next year. They will dominate 3A The next best Div. I team will be Jasper...I pick WO-S to wallop Jasper in the real Division I early Championship- because of superior Coaching in Dan Hooks at WO-S. WO-S is loaded to the hilt for 4A, much less 3A!

mojjo_1
12-04-2003, 10:40 PM
If you count the seniors starting for Jasper Sat. you'll see Jasper will be loaded next year. Jasper and WOS will most likely play in the pre- district next season with Jasper winning. If they move Newton out and Silsbee in to the district and Silsbee makes the playoffs, Jasper goes div.2.

j_dog
12-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Old Cardinal:
West Orange-Stark will have 32 Seniors back next year. They will dominate 3A The next best Div. I team will be Jasper...I pick WO-S to wallop Jasper in the real Division I early Championship- because of superior Coaching in Dan Hooks at WO-S. WO-S is loaded to the hilt for 4A, much less 3A!You may be right, but I remember that the same thing was said in 1986 by all the experts including Texas Football when WOS dropped down from 5a to 4a. Jasper didn't even get a flicker of recognition. Yet in WOS's first 4a district game, at Orange, Jasper beat them 21-8 with WOS not even scoring until late in the game. Jasper respects the heck out of WOS but they do not fear them. It is just exciting the the rivalry might be renewed. :)

And isn't it about time for coach Hooks to retire? :D

kaorder1999
12-05-2003, 12:14 AM
paris high might drop...they will be pretty good in 3A

Hupernikomen
12-05-2003, 12:57 AM
j_dog:

Old Cardinal:
West Orange-Stark will have 32 Seniors back next year. They will dominate 3A The next best Div. I team will be Jasper...I pick WO-S to wallop Jasper in the real Division I early Championship- because of superior Coaching in Dan Hooks at WO-S. WO-S is loaded to the hilt for 4A, much less 3A!You may be right, but I remember that the same thing was said in 1986 by all the experts including Texas Football when WOS dropped down from 5a to 4a. Jasper didn't even get a flicker of recognition. Yet in WOS's first 4a district game, at Orange, Jasper beat them 21-8 with WOS not even scoring until late in the game. Jasper respects the heck out of WOS but they do not fear them. It is just exciting the the rivalry might be renewed. :)

And isn't it about time for coach Hooks to retire? :D I remember us beating WOS that year too, but I also remember that WOS then went on to win state that year when they slipped Jasper in the quarterfinals. Then went undefeated the next year to win state again, and then went undefeated again the next year only to lose in the state championship game.

KTJ
12-05-2003, 12:59 AM
kaorder1999:
paris high might drop...they will be pretty good in 3Awhat's going on in paris that would have both high schools being 3A schools? is the population declining?

<small>[ December 05, 2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: KTJ ]</small>

Hottogo
12-05-2003, 10:44 AM
There are many unknown factors that will determine how Burnet does next year. While we will be losing many of our "Headliners", there will be a number of starters returning and I believe we have a lot of talent moving in to fill the slots of those we will be losing. I think our O & D line will be in good shape, but am not sure about our back field. Our JV QB had a great year and shows a great amount of promise. While it will probably be impossible to replace the dinamic duo (Shipley and McGee), I believe Burnet will have the talent to be competive next year in 3A football. While I am not as concerned about the quality and talent of players that we will field, I am concerned about those "unknown factors", the bigest factor will be who we will have coaching our boys, as we all know, if there is a change in coaching staff, we will be in a rebuilding mode next year. Of course another factor will be if we stay 3A or move up to 4A. I do believe Burnet that with the talent that Burnet has from Jr. High on up, with the right coaching staff in place, Burnet will be a contender for years to come. Coach Shipley and staff have raised the bar and shown the kids and fans the light. It will be hard to turn it off.

Frank_Bama
12-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Old Cardinal:
West Orange-Stark will have 32 Seniors back next year. They will dominate 3A The next best Div. I team will be Jasper...I pick WO-S to wallop Jasper in the real Division I early Championship- because of superior Coaching in Dan Hooks at WO-S. WO-S is loaded to the hilt for 4A, much less 3A!Loaded to the hilt for 4A but didnt make the playoffs? HMMM
Jasper's coaches must be doing something right they are playing in the state semi-finals game this saturday.

<small>[ December 05, 2003, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Frank_Bama ]</small>

Hupernikomen
12-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Frank_Bama:

Old Cardinal:
West Orange-Stark will have 32 Seniors back next year. They will dominate 3A The next best Div. I team will be Jasper...I pick WO-S to wallop Jasper in the real Division I early Championship- because of superior Coaching in Dan Hooks at WO-S. WO-S is loaded to the hilt for 4A, much less 3A!Loaded to the hilt for 4A but didnt make the playoffs? HMMM
Jasper's coaches must be doing something right they are playing in the state semi-finals game this saturday.WOS not making the playoffs this year has little to do with their talent and a lot to do with being in an extremely tough district. They lost two games this year. Nederland got em 18-14 and Central got em 16-14. Tough thing to stay home at 8-2 but they did. One of their wins was Bay City's only loss. So yeah I would say they are loaded this year too, and if it is true they are bringing that much back next year then watch out.

SP-2-state
12-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Well Sinton's soon upcoming seniors were 9-1 as freshmen with the only loss coming to a tough Calallen team which to my knowledge is still in the playoffs. Watch out for SINTON! 9/6 coming back

Old Cardinal
12-05-2003, 12:04 PM
WO-S has had 8-2 seasons several times and been tied for Playoff berths, only to be ousted by the system method for the playoff picks. In a 9 team District specifically created by the UIL those things happen! While most of the State 3A & 4A teams play in 6 teams Districts-SE Texas is singled out to have 8 team and even 9 team Districts in both 3A and 4A- a very prejudice and plotted move by the UIL....If WO-S wins the new big 3A District down here, next year, then Jasper and Bridge City will probably both be Division II playoff teams, with Silsbee staying home. Why can't there be 7 teams in each District across Texas and not cause SE Texas to have 8 and 9 team Districts?

<small>[ December 05, 2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>