PDA

View Full Version : Gobblers vs Texans updates(merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

HM33
12-02-2006, 06:17 AM
I just want to say that Cuero disappointed me once again. They did not show up to play. The D-Line was non exsisting. They did nothing. They let the running back, which IMO is a very good little RB, run all over them like they were pee wee players. I don't know what happened but I'm not happy with thier performance. I saw that Wimberly wanted the win more. They fought hard and fought as long as it took to get Cuero down, and then plus some. I wish the best of luck to Wimberly and hope they can do a repeat, because that would be awesome. To the Cuero boys, you have another great season. One loss is an amazing thing to accomplish. Yeah the lose is in the playoffs but you guys fought hard. Now, Cuero, bust you butts for next year. There is only great things ahead for you returners.

rundoe
12-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Gobblers!! Hold your heads up!! When we played you guys earier in the year, you showed class and determination. You showed the same all season.
The fans (except for one) showed our team nothing but respect and were as good a bunch of people as I have met anywhere.
I personaly have a lot of respect for Cuero and (if it's true) am shocked that the stands started to empty early. Was anyone there that really saw it happen? Cause if it did I am very suprised. Those fans we met when we played you were a class act.

Go today LIBERTY HILL!!! Play Panther Ball!!
Rundoe

DaHop72
12-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Congrats to the Wimberley Texans, good job guys as you move on.:clap: :clap:

Good year for the Cuero Gobblers as well. A lot of teams are sitting at home and didn't get to this point of the season. Hold you head high as you move on in life.:clap: :clap:

DaHop72
12-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen
im glad my wimberley boys know how to take a football season seriously. cuero got what they deserved. i remember reading on here at the beginning of the season how awesome cuero would be and that this was the best team since the 90's. ha. what a joke. Way to be a winner with style loser, I'm sure the Texans love to have you supporting their program.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sundance
12-02-2006, 09:50 AM
If we played flat in the second and missed tackles then it was just not are time. But you know I have listen to all these second rate teams talk about how Cuero Choke our how they were a joke. Put you team were your mouth is (Come play us since Region IV is weak as most of Region I, II, III said we are.) Put it up are move on. Some of these teams only make to the Playoff ever 10 to 20 years, but when you have traditon you keep coming back year after year and soon winning a State Title.

Great run Cuero see you on the field next year.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

GreenMachine
12-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I will reference one call by the referees that changed the momentum of the game. An interference call that was not there that allowed ya'll to keep the ball and score a td. Having said this, I'm not sure this would have affected the outcome of the game. I had not seen Wimberley play this year and I was impressed. The Buse kid and the qb were everything ya'll said and more. Very impressive. Our kids played hard, but had a lot of missed tackles and too many turnovers. No sour apples here, as I knew this would be a tough game...I predicted such all week. One thing is for sure, Cuero has great tradition and will be back. I hate that our seniors never got to taste a state championship because the last few years they have had the talent to do so. I hope our guys hold their heads up high because ya'll had a good season. Good luck Wimberley the rest of the way. I really think ya'll have the team to do it all again this year. :thumbsup:

Pudlugger
12-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Two really quality teams played and unfortunately only one gets the win. Wimberley showed how talented and determined a team they are and Cuero never gave up. It was the Texans night but give credit to the Gobblers for an outstanding year. As others have noted before it is always better to lose the first game of the season than the last.

The Texans now must avoid the pitfall of a game letdown as next week will be as tough or tougher to win. That is why the State Championship is so elusive to teams of this caliber. To remain focused for 6 weeks after the regular season is tough for 15 to 18 year old kids. [Especially with the holidays and all the other distractions.]

Practicing at night in the cold weather in December is harsh, but an experience only a lucky few kids will ever have. Good luck to the Texans the rest of the way and Gobblers be proud, yall are are great town and great team.

rb585
12-02-2006, 11:18 AM
A few thoughts:

Cuero absolutely dominated line-play in the second quarter, but by the fourth quarter, that did a 180.

Noack was very, very good. Poised and accurate, a leader.

The biggest halftime key was that Wimberley's D finally adjusted to that bubble screen that was killing them in the first half.

Buse played as hard as anyone I've ever seen. What a warrior!

I was surprised Cuero people left early. I'm sure some of the people leaving with 7 minutes left were SA locals, because some of them left early on the Wimberley side, too. But after Wimberley scored with about 4 minutes left, I saw lots of green leaving.

Cuero's defense seemed to quit in the 4th quarter, too, because Wimberley just started blowing them off the ball.

Wimberley's coaches are unbelievable. They have gotten so much out of these kids every year. Anybody who saw Wimberley play weeks 0 and 1 wouldn't have recognized them last night. It's incredible how much they've improved, and how much effort they've given out.

I didn't really like Wimberley punching in the last TD with only a minute left. Maybe they did it because Cuero had still been burning time outs, but it still would have been classier to take a knee.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 11:56 AM
RB585...I hear you about punching it in so late...but you'll remember on that entire drive, we didnt pass the ball at all. We even gave the ball to #2 Gold, our back up running back, two times in a row. Buse had 4 TD's, and if they would have given it to him, he would have tied an all-time school record for TD's in a game. The coaches did NOT do it. Personally, I wanted him to have that record. We just kept running the ball to eat the clock, and we kept moving it. What do you do?

awizzy
12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
great season gobblers....good like texans

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 12:07 PM
im glad my wimberley boys know how to take a football season seriously. cuero got what they deserved. i remember reading on here at the beginning of the season how awesome cuero would be and that this was the best team since the 90's. ha. what a joke.

VanKampen...if you are from Wimberley, you disappoint and embarrass us with trying to humiliate the fans of Cuero after a tough loss. They dont deserve that kind of trash talk. If you are NOT from Wimberley, please say so. I think you have an axe to grind with Cuero...dont use our victory to do so.

GreenMachine
12-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't have a problem with the last score. The 2nd teamers practice just as hard all week and want to get on the field and show their stuff too, and they deserve it. Good luck next week and then, hopefully after that, ya'll can show the Buffaloes that the 1st week wasn't a true measuring stick of Texan football.

VanKampen
12-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
VanKampen...if you are from Wimberley, you disappoint and embarrass us with trying to humiliate the fans of Cuero after a tough loss. They dont deserve that kind of trash talk. If you are NOT from Wimberley, please say so. I think you have an axe to grind with Cuero...dont use our victory to do so.
if you want to know where i'm from just look at my location. geez.:nerd:

KingRob
12-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Strange how you didn't start posting until after half time. If you were so confindent in you team, then why wait to act like you are acting? Did Cuero scare you a bit in the second qtr. You didn't start posting until they were up 35-19. Not much faith in your team?

I rooted for the Texans last year, and i will grit my teeth and root for them again.

Cuero will return....

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 09:58 PM

I see what your location says.

44INAROW
12-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Don't tell me I told you so, but Cuero chokes again in the playoffs, but congratulates to Wimberley and by buddy, Wimberley Pro

Who does Snyder play next week?

Sundance
12-03-2006, 12:15 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Don't tell me I told you so, but Cuero chokes again in the playoffs, but congratulates to Wimberley and by buddy, Wimberley Pro

You know I have listen to all these second rate teams talk about how Cuero Choke our how they were a joke our how the are overated. Put you team were your mouth is (Come play us since Region IV is weak as most of Region I, II, III said we are.) Put it up are move on. Some of these teams only make to the Playoff ever 10 to 20 years, but when you have traditon you keep coming back year after year and soon winning a State Title.

Great run Cuero see you on the field next year.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!