PDA

View Full Version : Fran's Written Apology to the Longhorns

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 03:14 PM
This was taken from www.coachfran.com

I want to share with you verbatim a handwritten note I composed to FAX to Coach Mack Brown at Texas early this week. I spoke to him on the phone about it and he was very gracious and understanding:

To: Coach Brown, the Texas coaching staff, Longhorn football players, and Colt McCoy and family

From: Coach Fran, Texas A&M coaching staff, Aggie football players, and Kellen Heard

We regret and apologize for the late hit on Colt by Kellen Heard. We do not teach this type of play or condone it. After meeting with Kellen, I know he feels badly that this happened, and he expressed that he did not want to display malicious intent.

We will handle this situation as a coaching staff with consequences for the action. Kellen is in complete agreement and said that he wants Colt to know that he certainly regrets it and he apologizes for the incident.

Our game is one of the great days in college football and we want it to always be a class day for both universities.

Good luck in your bowl game.

Sincerely,

Coach Fran, staff, Kellen Heard and teammates

Whenever disciplinary action is necessary with players, I consult with staff and also have a session with the Leadership Council to get their feedback on what they think is appropriate. The staff reviewed our game video extensively, as well as the national telecast. Accountability for behavior is taken very seriously in our program in competition, in academics, and in social life. But I also feel strongly that it is important to handle these matters privately, as you would expect it to be handled if it were your son involved. Kellen and his teammates know this will not be dealt with lightly, and that’s enough for the public to know, too.

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 03:17 PM

BreckTxLonghorn
12-01-2006, 03:32 PM
:clap:

Very classy and 'right' thing to do by Coach Fran. Hopefully, this will end all the talk on here as well. I'm over it at least.

Good luck to aTm in the Holiday Bowl. I hate Pac-10 schools, so I hope the Lane Train and McGee run all over them .

*Crosses fingers for Texas to go to Gator Bowl, but refusing to be disappointed if they go to the Alamo. At least I can attend that one.*

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 03:34 PM
If this is legit then Fran and his staff are showing alot of class for apologizing to Mack Brown and Colt McCoy.

And if it is legit then A&M is ADMITTING that their player was in the wrong. So all you idiots who think that Kellen didn't do anything wrong, stick it! Because if Kellen wasn't in the wrong then there would be no apology to Mack Brown and Colt McCoy.

Bulldog_12
12-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

And if it is legit then A&M is ADMITTING that their player was in the wrong. So all you idiots who think that Kellen didn't do anything wrong, stick it! Because if Kellen wasn't in the wrong then there would be no apology to Mack Brown and Colt McCoy.

Its called damage control and appeasing the masses. Doesn't necessarily admit that it was a dirty hit. Youll have to wait and see what the punishment is to tell if they think it was malicious. (which is what we are arguing, not whether or not it was late btw)

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 03:44 PM
If this is legit then Fran and his staff are showing alot of class for apologizing to Mack Brown and Colt McCoy.

I doubt that it would be posted on coach fran's own website if it wasn't legit! ;)

SnyTigBaseB07
12-01-2006, 03:45 PM

why does everything constantly have to turn int to some sort of "oh stick it, oh i'm right" just let it go, it was impossible to know if it was intention or unintentional until after reading this, people on this board can speculate, but no one here can absolutely say what a player was thinking or trying to do.

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
why does everything constantly have to turn int to some sort of "oh stick it, oh i'm right" just let it go, it was impossible to know if it was intention or unintentional until after reading this, people on this board can speculate, but no one here can absolutely say what a player was thinking or trying to do.

I guess bc soooo many others did the same thing!

I don't know if it was an intentional hit or not. Just that it was flagged and he was thrown out of the game. However, Kellen has a terrible track record in that department in both high school and at atm.

Funk-d-fied
12-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Good Bull

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Its called damage control and appeasing the masses. Doesn't necessarily admit that it was a dirty hit. Youll have to wait and see what the punishment is to tell if they think it was malicious. (which is what we are arguing, not whether or not it was late btw)

Uh go back and read some of the posts that were made. Several posters I won't bother to name are still claiming it WASN'T a late hit.

SnyTigBaseB07
12-01-2006, 03:55 PM
oh and just to clarify luvhoops34

what i said isnt a personal attack on you.

simply stating what i see, had someone else said it before you i would have quoted them, so yea, i figured i outta put that out there.

Bulldog_12
12-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I guess bc soooo many others did the same thing!

I don't know if it was an intentional hit or not. Just that it was flagged and he was thrown out of the game. However, Kellen has a terrible track record in that department in both high school and at atm.

I still cant figure out why you would be upset. You seem to like dirty players in basketball, so why not football?

I used to intensely dislike Robert Horry for punching David in the balls. But he plays for the SPURS now! He's still a dirty player, though. I wish the rest of the SPURS were like him.

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
oh and just to clarify luvhoops34

what i said isnt a personal attack on you.

simply stating what i see, had someone else said it before you i would have quoted them, so yea, i figured i outta put that out there.

I never thought it was! No prob!:D

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I still cant figure out why you would be upset. You seem to like dirty players in basketball, so why not football?

NO, I DON'T. I was being sarcastic. Kind of hard to get the right point across on a message board.

Bulldog_12
12-01-2006, 03:59 PM
NO, I DON'T. I was being sarcastic. Kind of hard to get the right point across on a message board.

hence the icon at the top of my post.:D

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't see this as being an isolated incident with Kellen. He's done the same type of thing in several other games while at atm and according to one of our own posters he did the same thing in high school.

I just think it makes a fine program like atm look bad to have a player like Kellen on their team. What's going to be the excuse the next time he loses control? I guess we'll just have to wait till next football season to find out, unless atm drop kicks him off the team.

CHS_CG
12-01-2006, 04:07 PM
I have yet to say anything (that i remember) about this hit but i will say this now... It was a hit.. take it as you will.. if you dont agree with everybody else.. big fat deal.. people can say what they want.. but even if our player didnt hit him (late or not) do you UT people REALLY think u were goin to win anyway.. It was clear A&M was the better team and even if Colt hadnt got hurt i really dont think you were goin to win in the last few minutes. sorry thats how i see it, take it or leave it I dont care.. The game is over, nothing can be done, and appently Fran and the rest of the team is tryin to do the right thing and I dont think its very classy of people to say "so stick it" Yeah it wasnt classy what happened on the field but talkin trash to the fans about it a week later isnt classy either. I dont dislike anybody over this topic but that is my 2 cents on this whole deal.

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm glad atm won the game. I'm an Aggie fan like a lot of you on this board. I'm just not blind to the fact that atm players can make mistakes and need to be held accountable for them. I don't hate UT and pulled for them last year in their bid for the national championship.

FYI, I haven't started any topics on this subject. Just gave my 2 cents worth like everybody else. And nowhere have I dissed atm. My husband and my son in law were both Aggies.

Sorry if I upset anybody by saying stick it! LOL Fran has admitted it was a late hit and apologized to UT. So get over it!

injuredinmelee
12-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I have yet to say anything (that i remember) about this hit but i will say this now... It was a hit.. take it as you will.. if you dont agree with everybody else.. big fat deal.. people can say what they want.. but even if our player didnt hit him (late or not) do you UT people REALLY think u were goin to win anyway.. It was clear A&M was the better team and even if Colt hadnt got hurt i really dont think you were goin to win in the last few minutes. sorry thats how i see it, take it or leave it I dont care.. The game is over, nothing can be done, and appently Fran and the rest of the team is tryin to do the right thing and I dont think its very classy of people to say "so stick it" Yeah it wasnt classy what happened on the field but talkin trash to the fans about it a week later isnt classy either. I dont dislike anybody over this topic but that is my 2 cents on this whole deal.

It seems to me that mopre ag fans are on here trying to justify and defend it than there are Horn fans on here talking about it. How many threads have been started about the hit by UT fans? How many have been started by aqs defending it? The game is over. you won finally. good for the aggies.

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
It seems to me that mopre ag fans are on here trying to justify and defend it than there are Horn fans on here talking about it. How many threads have been started about the hit by UT fans? How many have been started by aqs defending it? The game is over. you won finally. good for the aggies.

Injured, good point!

lepfan
12-01-2006, 04:42 PM

CHS_CG
12-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

this thread wasnt started to defend the hit.. it was started to show the class of our coach and team by writing a letter to Mack Brown and Colt McCoy.. but it doesnt really matter bc most of you people see A&M one way and thats never gunna change..

Ranger Mom
12-01-2006, 04:44 PM
All I know is that im tired of reading this crap...so say bye bye to yet another thread!!