PDA

View Full Version : Good place for a haircut?

kepdawg
12-01-2006, 01:05 PM
It's been about 10 years since I've had hair long enough to need a hair cut. Now I do and I don't have a clue on where to go to get a good haircut. I'm not worried about the cost, I want a good haircut. Any suggestions?

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
I go to this barber shop in Highland Park Village...it's called "The Barber Shop." No...it's not that expensive. It's $15 and that includes a shave. They even include a neck and shoulder massage at the end. They also have a lot of old SMU and HP memorabilia hanging up in the place. Pretty neat stuff. As long as I live close to there I'll be a customer for life.

As a side note, the man that cuts my hair there was part of the invasion forces at Normandy. Oh the stories he could tell...

spiveyrat
12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It's been about 10 years since I've had hair long enough to need a hair cut. Now I do and I don't have a clue on where to go to get a good haircut. I'm not worried about the cost, I want a good haircut. Any suggestions?

You weren't specific about where you were or how far you're willing to go, but my son's Godfather cuts hair up here in Wichita and he does a good job! ;) :D And, while you're up here, you could build a snowman. :D

htowntransplant
12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
anywhere that costs $5. most of the time, the quality is just as good.

but of course that depends on how much hair you have and what you want. i have short hair, and i get simple fades for $5

District303aPastPlayer
12-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
anywhere that costs $5. most of the time, the quality is just as good.

but of course that depends on how much hair you have and what you want. i have short hair, and i get simple fades for $5

WHERE?!

Blastoderm55
12-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I usually get it done at Mastercuts at Padre Staples Mall in Corpus. I prefer the silly looking guy with funny hair who mummbles the entire time he's cutting my hair. I usually just do the smile and nod with him, but I think I agreed to go to a Norma Jean concert with him when they come back to town. :confused:

Bull Butter
12-01-2006, 01:28 PM
The U.S. Army gives good haircuts. You won't need one for quite a while. Bad news is that they want you to stick around for a few years:(

charlesrixey
12-01-2006, 02:05 PM
amen to that.

Marine corps standards are pretty simple...

I tell you what though--try Bikini Cuts in West Jordan (Salt Lake City) next time you are in Utah--that place is a beauty!

I recently did some training out there and a group of us found that place.

JasperDog94
12-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I frequent Sports Clips myself.

Old Tiger
12-01-2006, 02:15 PM
A little bit off topic but it is an idea I have to have a barbershop that is also a strip club.

DU_stud04
12-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I go to this barber shop in Highland Park Village...it's called "The Barber Shop." No...it's not that expensive. It's $15 and that includes a shave. They even include a neck and shoulder massage at the end. They also have a lot of old SMU and HP memorabilia hanging up in the place. Pretty neat stuff. As long as I live close to there I'll be a customer for life.

As a side note, the man that cuts my hair there was part of the invasion forces at Normandy. Oh the stories he could tell... sounds like a good place.

try out a black barber shop. its a great time. always have you laughin. i think it was 15bucks.i usually cut it myself but me and my friend decided to try it out.

charlesrixey
12-01-2006, 02:24 PM
well, i didn't go that far TIGGER WR!:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm seeking a business partner for that venture?