PDA

View Full Version : UT-ACLU Nativity Scene

JasperDog94
12-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm kind of surprised that UT (being fairly liberal) would do something like this. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for it.

The Young Conservatives of Texas - University of Texas Chapter announced today that they will be displaying an “ACLU Nativity Scene” on the West Mall of the University of Texas campus on Monday and Tuesday, December 4th and 5th. The group’s intent is to raise awareness on the extremity of the ACLU, and bring to light its secular-progressive efforts to remove Christmas from the public sphere. The display, the first of its kind in the nation, will feature characters that are quite a bit different than the standard crèche.

“We’ve got Gary and Joseph instead of Mary and Joseph in order to symbolize ACLU support for homosexual marriage, and of course there isn’t a Jesus in the manger,” said Chairman Tony McDonald. “The three Wise Men are Lenin, Marx, and Stalin because the founders of the ACLU were strident supporters of Soviet style Communism. The whole scene is a tongue-in-cheek way of showing the many ways that the ACLU and the far left are out of touch with the values of mainstream America.”

Blastoderm55
12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
The Young Conservative group is basically the antithesis of the ACLU. I remember when my fiancee was still attending UT, her roommate's best friend, daughter of Bank of America president, took part in "roundups" where members would go and harass minority students and attempt to corral them as if in a preemptive strike against illegal immigrants. Forget that all of these fellow students were legal residents and likely had lineages with roots tied more deeply to Texas than any of those spoiled little rich kids and their KKK 2k4. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JasperDog94
12-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm just glad to see folks standing up to the ACLU. Any group that stands up for NAMBLA needs to take a hard look in the mirror.

Blastoderm55
12-01-2006, 11:55 AM
If you ask me, both groups take it to extreme. I mean come on, I'm no pilgrim, but I still celebrate Thanksgiving. Just because I'm not Christian doesn't mean I have to protest the rights of others to celebrate Christmas. Both groups too busy sweating the small stuff. If the ACLU would just shutup and enjoy Christmas, maybe the Young Conservatives and groups like them would cut gays some slack. 'Tis the holiday season, after all. :)