PDA

View Full Version : Kobe

stxfootballfan
12-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Kobe scores 30 pts in the third and ends up with 52 in 3 qtrs, he becomes first man to ever score 30 pts in one qtr twice

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Still don't like him.

stxfootballfan
12-01-2006, 01:33 AM
LOL, I dont like him either but he's still good

Old Tiger
12-01-2006, 01:34 AM
His team will never win an NBA title. They have won them in the past but that was when Shaq was in LA. No Shaq to equal kobe out no championship

SintonFan
12-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Kobe scores 30 pts in the third and ends up with 52 in 3 qtrs, he becomes first man to ever score 30 pts in one qtr twice
KOBE is the MAN! Ask him, he'll tell you so.;)

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-01-2006, 01:39 AM
You can't doubt his ability because he is one of the best but if he thinks he can win on his own he's wrong. I still think no Scottie no championships for Jordan, no Shaq no more for Kobe.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
You can't doubt his ability because he is one of the best but if he thinks he can win on his own he's wrong. I still think no Scottie no championships for Jordan, no Shaq no more for Kobe. more like no Jordan no Scottie. If it wasnt for Jordan we wouldnt even remember anything about Scottie and noone would even care that he was gay. lol

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
more like no Jordan no Scottie. If it wasnt for Jordan we wouldnt even remember anything about Scottie and noone would even care that he was gay. lol

Scottie Pippen is GAY??????

kaorder1999
12-01-2006, 10:04 AM
I dont like him either.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Scottie Pippen is GAY?????? thats the rumor lol it was going around rapidly a few years ago

awizzy
12-01-2006, 10:09 AM
i dont understand why no1 like kobe all he does is put up huge numbers and win 3 titles and every1 hates him...i acually like the guy hes the best player in the nba.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by awizzy
i dont understand why no1 like kobe all he does is put up huge numbers and win 3 titles and every1 hates him...i acually like the guy hes the best player in the nba. are u forgetting something in colorado? and running shaq out of town so he could be "the manr

kaorder1999
12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Kobe is also a good actor....hes portrayed in the media as this humble, super guy who never gets into trouble (except for the Colorado thing) but when I met him in person he was an arrogant you know what. Great actor!

awizzy
12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
are u forgetting something in colorado? and running shaq out of town so he could be "the man" hes the most explosive scorer in the league but not the best player... Carmelo and AI have both been better then him this year
the whole colorado thing last i check that never he went to court so i dont wanna here about that and if u think kobe was the only problem in who shaq thing u might want to rethink that...as being the best player you have to look at the defensive side...kobe as been nba all defence i know at least 5 times and is the leagues best scored plus hes just now gettin health...anthony is having a great year right now no dout about it but as a whole kobe is the man

kaorder1999
12-01-2006, 10:22 AM
the whole colorado thing last i check that never he went to court so i dont wanna here about that and if u think kobe was the only problem in who shaq thing u might want to rethink that...as being the best player you have to look at the defensive side...kobe as been nba all defence i know at least 5 times and is the leagues best scored plus hes just now gettin health...anthony is having a great year right now no dout about it but as a whole kobe is the man

it took me a while to read that....

I dont care if anything ever goes to court...he admitted to doing wrong and sat in front of cameras and apologized in front of his wife. To do that that something had to of happened.

awizzy
12-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
it took me a while to read that....

I dont care if anything ever goes to court...he admitted to doing wrong and sat in front of cameras and apologized in front of his wife. To do that that something had to of happened.

yes he had sex with another women that was not his wife...i agree that was not the smart thing to do but should he be punished forever humans make mistakes and like you said he admitted he did wrong and apologized...i dont see any1 talking bad about magic and everyone knows he was doing much worse

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 11:01 AM
as being the best player you have to look at the defensive side...kobe as been nba all defence i know at least 5 times and is ive never heard of nba all defence.... is that a knockoff of off NBA All-Defense?

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 11:22 AM
i dont understand why no1 like kobe all he does is put up huge numbers and win 3 titles and every1 hates him...i acually like the guy hes the best player in the nba.

I can't stand Kobe and it has nothing to do with what happened in Colorado.

He's all about Kobe. He's the reason Shaq isn't with the Lakers anymore. I don't like Shaq either!! LOL

handNthedirt
12-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
You can't doubt his ability because he is one of the best but if he thinks he can win on his own he's wrong. I still think no Scottie no championships for Jordan, no Shaq no more for Kobe.

Jordan made everyone around him better...if it wasn't Pip, it would've been someone else.

handNthedirt
12-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't like Shaq either!! LOL

How is that possible? He's a great guy, and one funny sunuvagun! CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!!

awizzy
12-01-2006, 12:35 PM
ive never heard of nba all defence.... is that a knockoff of off NBA All-Defense?
u know what i am talkin about

awizzy
12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
[i]He's all about Kobe. He's the reason Shaq isn't with the Lakers anymore. I don't like Shaq either!! LOL [/B]

its bc ur a spurs fan huh? go ahead u can say it...i am only kidding

JT44
12-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I only like Kobe for my fantasy league
He worked wonders for me last night

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 01:20 PM
its bc ur a spurs fan huh? go ahead u can say it...i am only kidding

Part of it is bc I'm a SPURS fan, so I just naturally HATE the lakers. But there are plenty of other ppl who don't like Kobe or Shaq. Kobe, Shaq, Rick Fox (I hate him the worst), Fisher and I used to intensely dislike Robert Horry for punching David in the balls. But he plays for the SPURS now! He's still a dirty player, though. I wish the rest of the SPURS were like him.

charlesrixey
12-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Wrong about scottie and jordan

Jordan is one of a select few (in any sport) that probably could have won anywhere in his prime.

big daddy russ
12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I think Kobe's the second-best player in the league, and the gap between him and Duncan keeps getting smaller. Everyone tries to underestimate him because they don't like him, but he's the single most unstoppable player in the league.

The more I hear about his "rape," the less I believe the girl. The whole thing just stunk, and even though I can't stand a guy who would do something like that, I hate a girl who's so out for attention that she'd fabricate something like that. And as far as not liking the fact that he cheats on his wife, I can dig that. Unfortunately, you should also be pointing the finger at nearly 3/4 of all NBAers.

Personally, I can't stand him, but I'm not going to discount what he does on the court because of it. Tex Winter said that the only two things that Kobe lacks compared to MJ are the intangibles and the bulk. Kobe's more skilled than MJ and has a great shot at being the next Michael.

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I think Kobe is a great player, but by the time LeBron James has been in the league as long as Kobe, he will be even better.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think Kobe's the second-best player in the league, and the gap between him and Duncan keeps getting smaller. Everyone tries to underestimate him because they don't like him, but he's the single most unstoppable player in the league.

The more I hear about his "rape," the less I believe the girl. The whole thing just stunk, and even though I can't stand a guy who would do something like that, I hate a girl who's so out for attention that she'd fabricate something like that. And as far as not liking the fact that he cheats on his wife, I can dig that. Unfortunately, you should also be pointing the finger at nearly 3/4 of all NBAers.

Personally, I can't stand him, but I'm not going to discount what he does on the court because of it. Tex Winter said that the only two things that Kobe lacks compared to MJ are the intangibles and the bulk. Kobe's more skilled than MJ and has a great shot at being the next Michael.

Theres no way in h-e double hockey sticks tim duncan is the best player in the NBA

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Theres no way in h-e double hockey sticks tim duncan is the best player in the NBA

LMAO! We must have a SPURS hater here.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 04:05 PM
LMAO! We must have a SPURS hater here. i do hate the spurs most boring team in the league lol and i respect tims game hes a great player but not the best in the league imo id take 6 or 7 guys ahead of him if i were starting a team.

big daddy russ
12-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Why not? Who else can dominate a game on both sides of the floor the way Duncan does when healthy?

And don't tell me LeBron. That's the fashionable thing to say right now, but he's still got a lot of catching up to do. He's getting there, but he's nowhere close right now.

Only two I can come up with in the entire league that even deserve to be in this discussion are KG and Kobe. And KG doesn't have the "it" factor that Duncan does.

Dwayne Wade is overrated. I'm not saying he's not one of the top ten, but he's nowhere close to Duncan, KG, or Kobe. He can man up on D, but it's rare that he'll take over a game on that side of the floor, plus his shooting's spotty.

You can also put Shawn Marion, Gilbert Arenas, Steve Nash, Elton Brand, Dirk, and I'd even say that Jason Kidd's still on the fringe of this group.

Dirk is a couple of steps behind because of his defense. Yeah, his defense has improved in the last two years, and announcers will beat that fact to death, but there was only one to go from where it used to be. I do think Avery will have him playing decent defense by next season, but nothing near what Duncan does. That defense is built to funnel players to Duncan, make the offense second-guess their shots, and let Duncan take care of everything else.

IF (and that's a big if) Nowitzki can ever learn to be an effective focal point in the team's defensive strategy, then he may wind up being as good as TD. Until then, though, I can't give him the nod over Timmy.

I just don't see who you (or anyone) would put above Duncan. Just because he doesn't have the flash doesn't mean he's not the best.

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 04:08 PM
i do hate the spurs most boring team in the league lol and i respect tims game hes a great player but not the best in the league imo id take 6 or 7 guys ahead of him if i were starting a team.

Tim's a great, great player. But he's getting some age on him and his knees and ankles aren't what they used to be.

big daddy russ
12-01-2006, 04:09 PM
i do hate the spurs most boring team in the league lol and i respect tims game hes a great player but not the best in the league imo id take 6 or 7 guys ahead of him if i were starting a team.
Of course you would. Most people in their right mind would. He's already in his 30's and isn't flashy enough to draw casual fans into the stands. If I were STARTING a team, I'd take LeBron, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Darko (yes, Darko!), Monta Ellis, Emeka Okafor, Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, and a ton of other youngsters before Duncan. That's just common sense.

Now if you're building a winner, you go with a guy like Duncan.

Sure, he appeals to basketball purists, but how many of those are out there? Me and maybe four others?

big daddy russ
12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Tim's a great, great player. But he's getting some age on him and his knees and ankles aren't what they used to be.
Have you watched him this year? He's healthy and looks a WHOLE lot better than last year. Light years better. That early exit from the playoffs was the best thing that could've happened to him.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Have you watched him this year? He's healthy and looks a WHOLE lot better than last year. Light years better. That early exit from the playoffs was the best thing that could've happened to him. are you kidding me D-Wade is overrated

Was your tv in the shop last June

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Have you watched him this year? He's healthy and looks a WHOLE lot better than last year. Light years better. That early exit from the playoffs was the best thing that could've happened to him.

TD is one of the best, hands down players EVER in the NBA. He got kind of bunged up last year.

Question for you Kobe fans. How many times has Kobe won MVP of the league? Enough said.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 04:28 PM
TD is one of the best, hands down players EVER in the NBA. He got kind of bunged up last year.

Question for you Kobe fans. How many times has Kobe won MVP of the league? Enough said. i dont like kobe either but the guys the best player in the league he got robbed of the mvp last year... Steve Nash has won 2 MVP's in a row does that make him the best player in the league i think not. I know i said earlier Kobe wasnt the best but most offensively explosive but like awizzy said the guys a great defensive player also hes gotta be the top dog now followed by D-Wade AI is up there Duncan and Dirk... Lebron and Camerlo

stxfootballfan
12-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Biggest difference between Kobe and Tim Duncan, is Duncan is a great teammate and makes everyone around him better... Can you say the same about Kobe? All NBA champions have a minimum 1,2 punch not a 1,1,1,1 punch

luvhoops34
12-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Biggest difference between Kobe and Tim Duncan, is Duncan is a great teammate and makes everyone around him better... Can you say the same about Kobe? All NBA champions have a minimum 1,2 punch not a 1,1,1,1 punch

Bingo! Kobe is out there for Kobe and that's it.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Bingo! Kobe is out there for Kobe and that's it. Kobe averages 1.5 more shots a game then Duncan and has more assist. If you look at Kobe in the past few years since Shaq has been gone which ill admit was his fault. Kobe has had to take a lot of shots because he had nothing around him. Now that he has more of a team around him hes playing more team ball. There are guys in the league who average way more shots a game then Kobe.

big daddy russ
12-01-2006, 05:56 PM

Question for you Kobe fans. How many times has Kobe won MVP of the league? Enough said.
I'm not what you'd call a Kobe "fan," but I'm a pretty big advocate of him being one of the top three players in the game.

are you kidding me D-Wade is overrated

Was your tv in the shop last June
He was great in the Finals, but are you saying that Duncan wasn't? If you want to compare Finals MVP awards, I'd be happy to.

If you go back and watch last year's Finals, Wade took advantage of his speed against Dallas' rotations. Granted, they tried to man up, but when the Mavs sent help it was slow getting there and Wade would use his speed to turn the double-team into a man-on-man that just drew an extra defender away from the rest of the play.

Does he have a high basketball IQ? Definitely. Quick as all get-out? You bet. Athletic, physical when he needs to be, and strong to the hoop? Yup on all counts. Can he take over a game defensively and can he carry a team for extended periods of time?

That's where he runs into trouble. Like it or not, Shaq's still a double Whopper with fries standing out there in the middle of the lane, and even at 20-25 minutes a game it opens up the floor for D-Wade. Yeah, he took over the Finals for stretches without the help of Shaq, but I still want to see him do it during the regular season.

Here's D-Wade's chance to change my mind. Right now, this season. Shaq's on his last IV of chicken grease and the Heat wallowing somewhere between Atlanta and DaHop's little dribblers.

Call me crazy, but I'm going to wait until the end of this season before I say he's better than KG, Kobe, or Duncan.

JR2004
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
I've been a Laker fan since the Purple and Gold suited up Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Coop and Thompson among others during the Showtime era. I've seen a lot of great Laker players and teams in my lifetime, but there's been no more talented and driven player to suit up for the Lakers than Bryant in my lifetime at least. My favorite Laker is Lamar, but Bryant is a very rare talent and if I'm starting a team he's who Iam starting it with.

Those who say he doesn't make his teammates better just miss the boat on him, but that's to be expected since he plays for the Yankees of the NBA. Take a look at the Lakers team from last season. So many of those guys had career years with Bryant. Heck Smush Parker looked like an NBA player playing alongside Bryant as did Kwame and a few others. LA is in the beginning stages of putting together another dominant run and Kobe will be the guy to bring another title back to Los Angeles.

big daddy russ
12-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I've been a Laker fan since the Purple and Gold suited up Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Coop and Thompson among others during the Showtime era. I've seen a lot of great Laker players and teams in my lifetime, but there's been no more talented and driven player to suit up for the Lakers than Bryant in my lifetime at least. My favorite Laker is Lamar, but Bryant is a very rare talent and if I'm starting a team he's who Iam starting it with.

Those who say he doesn't make his teammates better just miss the boat on him, but that's to be expected since he plays for the Yankees of the NBA. Take a look at the Lakers team from last season. So many of those guys had career years with Bryant. Heck Smush Parker looked like an NBA player playing alongside Bryant as did Kwame and a few others. LA is in the beginning stages of putting together another dominant run and Kobe will be the guy to bring another title back to Los Angeles.
I hate the Lakers, but I think so too. Duncan may have another couple of MVP-type years in his knees (long postseasons every year he's been in the league, plus international ball have taken their toll) and LeBron just doesn't seem to "get" the concept of team defense. He's at the same point he was three years ago, IMHO.

The duo of Dwight Howard and Darko will be tough to compete with in the future, but I think Kobe and Odom will be the tandem to beat in about a year or two.