PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill: tell me about your defense...

g$$
11-30-2006, 09:46 PM
So I know all about the 4-headed monster slot-T offense, etc.

Please tell me about your defense? Scheme/alignment, big/small, fast/quick, best players, key injuries, secondary, weaknesses, etc.

How about kicking game also (I know you have not punted much lately)? Trust FG kicker from what distance?

I know you lost to 2 good teams in Cuero & Wimberley in close games & gave up some points. Are you better now on defense than earlier in the year do you think?

Looking forward to a good hs football game in Bryan Saturday. Thanks for the help.

clemsmarina
11-30-2006, 11:28 PM
I would say our defense is the strongest we have had in a long, long, long time!!! What most people consider a 4-3, which has been known to drop into a 2-5 at times. Secondary reads and reacts, and the corners have been instructed to give way too much cushion, never bump the receivers and always give up outside shoulder. Linebackers are a menace, and very fast but tend to hit more than wrap up. You will see Cody Lattimore #21 all over the field. This sophomore has D1 speed, size and instinct. He catches quite a few backs from behind. He is always one badass baseball player. Ends and line are the most inconsistent, but always seem to step up at the right time.

g$$
12-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks friend, good stuff. Makes the game more fun when you have a clue going in what teams do well, etc.

Sounds like your #21 will meet our #14 quite a few times.

Be safe & best of luck.