PDA

View Full Version : Stafford QB injury?

tigerfan
10-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Just wondering the extent of his injury. He got hurt early in the Sealy game and did not return. Hopefully he will be alright. Looks like D23 is getting even tougher because Stafford's defense is greatly improved and can very well play the spoiler role.

Footballfan25
10-11-2003, 08:58 PM
I disagree. I think Sealy is just not very good this year.

fullhouse
10-13-2003, 01:43 PM
I think this District is just loaded with great teams.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-13-2003, 03:58 PM
I understand, that if Staffords 1st sting QB, would have not got hurt Sealy would have lost the game? This info came from Sealy fans that were at the game.

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Okay, let's get this straight, Sealy is GOOODDD!!! They will make the play-offs and might win district. Get ready. :mad:

Speed24
10-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Our Coach told us that the starting QB will not play he has a torn ACL which is serious. And No sealy will not win district..

someone
10-13-2003, 08:40 PM
for all you know sealy could win district one and show bellville up

BrahmaMom
10-13-2003, 08:41 PM
My heart goes out to that QB. I know what is in store for him--he will be in my prayers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Sealy allmost got beat by Staffords 2nd string QB, and you say Sealy will win District, who are you trying to fool, do any of the teams Sealy has played have a winning record? Only La Grange and Cuero looked like good opponents and Cuero beat Sealy. Sealy win District ha, I would put money on that one!

fullhouse
10-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Who knows how things would have been if their 1st stringer would have stayed in there? ~ it looked like our "D" was doing a great job with him in there. Sealy played the whole second half with our second string QB too. Who really cares? It's just a shame that such a great athlete was injured.... that's always a dark cloud over any victory. Best of luck for a speedy recovery to that young man.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: fullhouse ]</small>

someone
10-15-2003, 07:17 PM
one thing i have to say is you brahmas are getting very cocky district will not be decided untill these next 3 weeks so u can't rule anyone out yet especially the tigers

Gobbla2001
10-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Who says Stafford can't be good? Who says Sealy just didn't underestimated 'em? A W is a W...

I can remember them barely squeaking by weaker comp from 94 to 99 a couple of times but they still ended up doing great...

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Look. everyone would agree Bellville is the favorite to win district but that is on paper. The games must be played and won and stuff happens. Players get sick, injured, ineligible for grades, break up with their girl friend before the big game...all kinds of variables exist off the field and I'm not even mentioning the breaks that go one way or the other on the field. So when I say Sealy could win district I'm saying they are a sufficiently good team to beat Bellville depending on a host of factors. Sure if Sealy plays their average game and Bellville plays their average game and the breaks cancel out then Bellville wins. If Sealy plays their best game and Bellville doesn't come prepared they could lose...happens all the time (e.g. in 2002: Everman to Kennendale and Ennis to Marlin). So formerBellvilleBrahma you are both right and wrong. Bellville probably will win district but Sealy could win it...it is possible. :)

tomthall
10-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Pudlugger:
Okay, let's get this straight, Sealy is GOOODDD!!! They will make the play-offs and might win district. Get ready. :mad: you're wrong

tomthall
10-15-2003, 09:45 PM
someone:
one thing i have to say is you brahmas are getting very cocky district will not be decided untill these next 3 weeks so u can't rule anyone out yet especially the tigersthese are just people on 3a down low, the team is not cocky.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-15-2003, 09:57 PM
I guess why Sealy is such a awesome team it because they almost beat La Grange. Wake up La Grange isn't great either. District will be decided this Friday. Disagree if you want. . .

Gobbla2001
10-15-2003, 10:00 PM
Uhhh, I think Sealy did beat La Grange, not almost...

Sealy's a very good team, though the loss to Cuero was 44-20 the score was 13-13 at halftime and only 23-20 Cuero at the end of the 3rd, so it wasn't like they were dominated...

They're a very dangerous team...

They may not beat Bellsville and/or Navasota, but they will be in the playoffs and will play hard every down...

reptard7isCRAZY
10-15-2003, 10:04 PM
I agree without a doubt they will be in the playoffs. . . But I don't see them winning district.

BrahmaMom
10-16-2003, 10:49 AM
23AAA is a tough district, I think Sealy, Navasota and Bellville are all contenders for the title. Bellville players are not cocky; as a matter of fact, watching them around town, I would say they are as focused as they've ever been. Lots can happen on and off the field, that's why the games are played. Good luck to all, no more injuries please!

punt
10-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Bellville has a very good team and should go far in playoffs. The players and coaches need to make a committment to the team and not have anymore off the field antics to cause distraction to the goal they set at the beginning of the season. The game Friday will be a real test for their intensity. Hopefully they will perform like champions and neither team will have any serious injuries.

Bellville22
10-16-2003, 12:05 PM
A young man, not to mention a great QB and athlete, has just suffered a devistating injury and all we can do is talk trash about which team is better, and which team has a chance to win district? Seriously guys, start another thread to trash talk, don't disrespect this young man by turning this topic into a war of words. Bellville, this should hit home, if you remember right, we had our best player go down in the first game of the year last year to the same injury, and had to watch the entire year, I remember how hard it was on that fine young man, as well as his mother :( .

Sealy is a very good team, so is Navasota, so is Bellville. As Pud said, anything can happen on any night, both of those teams match up well against the Bulls because of their strong run offenses. I don't think anything has been decided.

My thoughts go out to the young man from Stafford, I've seen his name alot this year, seems to have been putting up good numbers. I'm pretty sure he is a senior, which makes it even tougher. Best of luck to him in the future.

BrahmaMom
10-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the reminder, 22. It was a long hard season after the surgery, wasn't it? Tough on more than a few to watch such intensity pacing the sidelines all season. That is what this young man from Stafford is now facing. I wonder when his surgery is? Another prayer goes out as I remember too well all that is ahead of him, his family, and the community. The beauty of a small town is, when you face an injury or what Everman is facing right now, you aren't alone, you have a whole town supporting you and there for you. We are all so fotunate to have that support system.