PDA

View Full Version : A few obscure facts about Celina with the game coming up.....

charlesrixey
11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Celina has lost in the third round of the playoffs twice (1971, 1977) when the third round was the quarterfinals. (15-2)

Celina hasn't lost to a 4-loss team since at least 1987 (not 100% on this one, could be earlier)

Celina has had two losing seasons since 1965 (1981, 1983)

Rabbit'93
11-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Recruiting does amazing things.;) :D

WildTexan
11-30-2006, 10:30 PM
that whiney argument sure does lose its steam when you have no proof, just jealousy....back in those few years a while back when Forney was any good, were everyone of those kids born and raised in Forney? I hardly think so....

Celina's best recruiting job is WINNING....you guys might mix in a little more of it sometime and see if kids want to play for ya....ask SLC if it seems to help them any to get a larger pool of players to pull from....

charlesrixey
11-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Recruiting doesn't account for forty years of success

BobcatBenny
11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
The Bobcats are not a good team for any one interested in individual stats. They spread the ball around too much.

On the defensive side, I suppose you could become a standout, but all of the studs this year are 100% Bearcat fed, home grown, orange bloods!

Now if you are interested in a State Championship ring, then you should recruit yourself to Celina.

Aside from about a dozen "take a knees", my senior son's reward for enduring all the practices is the hope of being part of the team that wins its first 3A State Championship. He is proud to be on the team.

And my youngest son, a freshman, is proud to stand on the sidelines during the playoffs. He is getting to experience playoff football with about 60 other guys that have an absolutely 0% chance of getting into the game. They love it!

These are the ranks that Celina recruits from.

I am surprised that I do not see other playoff teams with 100 young men standing on the sidelines!

So you see, Celina does not have to travel very far to recruit experienced team members.

Rabbit'93
12-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
The Bobcats are not a good team for any one interested in individual stats. They spread the ball around too much.

On the defensive side, I suppose you could become a standout, but all of the studs this year are 100% Bearcat fed, home grown, orange bloods!

Now if you are interested in a State Championship ring, then you should recruit yourself to Celina.

Aside from about a dozen "take a knees", my senior son's reward for enduring all the practices is the hope of being part of the team that wins its first 3A State Championship. He is proud to be on the team.

And my youngest son, a freshman, is proud to stand on the sidelines during the playoffs. He is getting to experience playoff football with about 60 other guys that have an absolutely 0% chance of getting into the game. They love it!

These are the ranks that Celina recruits from.

I am surprised that I do not see other playoff teams with 100 young men standing on the sidelines!

So you see, Celina does not have to travel very far to recruit experienced team members. Whoa people settle down. Notice the smiley with the wink. That means the comment was in jest. Success breeds success. Celina does a great job of loading up every year.

And WT yes in Forney, with the past 3-4 years being the exception, majority of the kids in Forney have been in Forney for sometime. Hell my senior year we had 27 seniors and 24 of us were together since kindergarten so :rolleyes: :p :hand: ;) .

>notice the smileys folks<

WildTexan
12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
so you had 3 recruited players eh?

HA!

Celina is the same way....for a small town, we have a huge number of kids wanting in on the success....while most small towns have mixed 3rd/4th grade teams and 5th/6th grade teams, Celina has full teams in each grade, and full 7th A/B teams and 8th A/B teams....that feeds an additional 35-45 new "recruits" to the high school teams with each new year, most all of which have played together for years, under the same system that the hs plays so they don't have a new learning curve each year to undertake....THIS is the secret to the success....oopps....there I did it....spoiled the secret...

This very fact that all the kids feeding in are already trained in the system and feed into only ONE team in town at the HS level is why Dodge is so successful at SLC as well....the town is built to win, not just the school....

now if we can keep this routine going as we grow, then we can stay very competitive at the 4 and 5A levels as well.....but I'm hoping we grow slower than SLC did to move up those steps....

so far we only have 1 red light in town, and I am okay with that....

BobcatBenny
12-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Whoa people settle down. Notice the smiley with the wink. That means the comment was in jest. Success breeds success. Celina does a great job of loading up every year.

And WT yes in Forney, with the past 3-4 years being the exception, majority of the kids in Forney have been in Forney for sometime. Hell my senior year we had 27 seniors and 24 of us were together since kindergarten so :rolleyes: :p :hand: ;) .

>notice the smileys folks<

OK, I will hold off on starting my hasenpfeffer.

A big word that I learned from watching Bug Bunny cartoons! :D