PDA

View Full Version : Why Wimberly will lose

wooden bear
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
They will lose because they dont really expect to win. I had a very, very reliable source tell me that in 04 they were so intimidated before the game that they didnt think they were going to win. He told me that after that they tried to take everything we did and do it from pregame warmup to music. This showed cause they couldnt close the game. They might have beat us last year but not this year.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 05:23 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why you shouldn't use drugs :p

injuredinmelee
11-30-2006, 05:24 PM
sorry 44 but

GO TEXANS

wooden bear
11-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
sorry 44 but

GO TEXANS

Come on man

44INAROW
11-30-2006, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by injuredinmelee
[B]sorry 44 but[B]

that's ok - I've got faith in the Gobblers

GO MEAN GREEN :)

Bull Butter
11-30-2006, 05:49 PM
They don't expect to win????????
Excuse me, but weren't they 15-0 last year?

wooden bear
11-30-2006, 05:59 PM
This is this year and they dont expect to beat Cuero.

mwynn05
11-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
This is this year and they dont expect to beat Cuero. They did something last year Cuero couldnt they wont a state title i dont think they are scared of cuero

Johnny Utah
11-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Going to be a great game. Having seen both teams play, Wimberley last year, I would call this a toss up. Wimberley has been very impressive in the playoffs. Cuero is heck on wheels as well. Going to be a thriller, or at least I hope so!!

DU_stud04
11-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
sorry 44 but

GO TEXANS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

scrub c
11-30-2006, 06:27 PM
this should be a good one.

Im pullin' for the turkeys in this one

KingRob
11-30-2006, 06:27 PM
They will lose because they dont really expect to win. I had a very, very reliable source tell me that in 04 they were so intimidated before the game that they didnt think they were going to win. He told me that after that they tried to take everything we did and do it from pregame warmup to music. This showed cause they couldnt close the game. They might have beat us last year but not this year.

Wimberly has never beaten Cuero (they've only played 3 times 94,95, and 04.) This will be a dang good game, but I think Cuero will take in a nail biter!!

charlesrixey
11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
if cuero wins, it won't be because Wimberley is afraid

Chris Hart
11-30-2006, 07:21 PM
If I was thinking anyone would be afraid, it wouldn't be the Texans, it would be the Gobblers. I personally don't think either is scared of the other. But, the Gobblers are the ones that escaped with a win in 04 after they ran up against a Wimberley team that no one showed much respect for. Then in 05 Wimberley just throttled every playoff opponent they faced en route to a State Championship. Both teams have a few players that played in the 04 game still playing. I expect another great game, but the Texans to edge the Gobblers this time around...

CueroDad2006
11-30-2006, 07:32 PM

Why would the state champs be scared ?
Dude they have waited 2 years for this.....
Lets just hope "we" can make this a game.
If Cuero will open up and let the boys play and not make bonehead calls,this will be a game we will read about for years.
If the calls are like last two years in big game,this will end tomarrow all wondering what happen again.
Thats just what I think .........anyone care to reply?

wooden bear
11-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Im just sayin what someone told me. Never said they were scared.

CueroDad2006
11-30-2006, 07:41 PM

Dont be crazy and post what "someone" had told you.
And when it is as dumb as that was

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Is your source your probation officer or mental health proffessional?:thinking:

wooden bear
11-30-2006, 07:43 PM
HAHA laugh it up guys but this source was VERY key member of their 04 and state championship team.

CueroDad2006
11-30-2006, 07:45 PM
HAHA laugh it up guys but this source was VERY key member of their 04 and state championship team.

Wylie won state in 04

SintonFan
Now it's getting even better.:eek:
That sounds highly and I mean HIGH-ly unlikely.:D

wooden bear
Originally posted by SintonFan
Now it's getting even better.:eek:
That sounds highly and I mean HIGH-ly unlikely.:D

I know im usually full of crap but i swear to all of you that this guy came up to me, introduced himself and told me this.

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 07:49 PM
I know im usually full of crap but i swear to all of you that this guy came up to me, introduced himself and told me this.
Let's get this right. You call me out and say I know nothing of football, then make crazy posts consistently and now this? I'd ask a moderator to remove it asap because your only walking in that knee-deep snow that's in Cuero right now.:nerd:

wooden bear
11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Let's get this right. You call me out and say I know nothing of football, then make crazy posts consistently and now this? I'd ask a moderator to remove it asap because your only walking in that knee-deep snow that's in Cuero right now.:nerd:

I will pm you who told me this if you want me to, im not gonna say it over a thread

charlesrixey
11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
knee deep snow in Cuero?:doh: :hand: :thinking: :p

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM
I was at that game in '04 and they did not look intimidated at all. If in the chance they were, all that would have been worn out in the second quarter when they realized they could play. It seems your source might be playing you hoping they might get a little edge in a game that most folks think is a fairly even looking match-up. I've seen and heard stranger things myself.
But go ahead and PM me. I am curious.:)

wimbo_pro
11-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Wooden Bear is lost. If he thinks we dont expect to win tomorrow, he is lost AND gullible.

carter08
11-30-2006, 08:40 PM
This is this year and they dont expect to beat Cuero.

Did the clocks magically turn back to 2004.
No wait.
You're just an idiot

wooden bear
11-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Did the clocks magically turn back to 2004.
No wait.
You're just an idiot

That was a good one man, ill admit I laughed when I read that. Good job

carter08
11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
That was a good one man, ill admit I laughed when I read that. Good job

Wimberly will win by 14
Why?
Because

1) Buse will be in top form
2) Cuero is overrated

GreenMachine
11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Oh the infamous carter and his Cuero is overrated post. You do not disappoint. One thing is for sure, we will all see tomorrow night.

GreenMachine
11-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wooden Bear is lost. If he thinks we dont expect to win tomorrow, he is lost AND gullible. Sure everyone expects to win, if not, why would you even show up to play :thinking:

carter08
11-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Oh the infamous carter and his Cuero is overrated post. You do not disappoint. One thing is for sure, we will all see tomorrow night.

I have my beliefs

Wimberly will do this to Cuero

http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/uhohkick.gif

wimbo_pro
11-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Cuero's defense is rated #8 (massey)...Wimberleys offense is rated #4.
Cuero's offense is rated #14.....Wimberley's defense is rated #14.

Wimberley's offense has beat up teams with better or similar ratings on defense than Cuero's (Abilend Wylie #5, Liberty Eylau #11)but lost to the one team with the best defense in the 3A world(Giddings #1).Advantage: Wimberley. This should be a good one. We play our best game, and we remain mistake free, we will win. We play lack-luster ball and make mistakes, we are toast.

GreenMachine
11-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Well since I put zero stock in the Massey ratings, you can throw that out the window. If Cuero plays the way they are capable of playing, we win this ballgame...period. Our defense has come a long way this year and they are very, very good. If for some reason this game becomes a shootout, don't think it will, but advantage again to my Gobblers. In a word, speed. We have it all over the field. I'm not saying that Wimberley can't win, because they can. All I am saying is if we both put together our best efforts, Cuero wins. :thumbsup:

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Cuero's defense is rated #8 (massey)...Wimberleys offense is rated #4.
Cuero's offense is rated #14.....Wimberley's defense is rated #14.

Wimberley's offense has beat up teams with better or similar ratings on defense than Cuero's (Abilend Wylie #5, Liberty Eylau #11)but lost to the one team with the best defense in the 3A world(Giddings #1).Advantage: Wimberley. This should be a good one. We play our best game, and we remain mistake free, we will win. We play lack-luster ball and make mistakes, we are toast.
Those DBs from Cuero are pretty good.:thinking:
This is gonna be a good game no doubt.:clap:

GreenMachine
11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I have my beliefs

Wimberly will do this to Cuero

http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/uhohkick.gif We saw that kind of game last week :D I know Wimberley is nothing like that. Both teams, while knocking the snot out of each other, will play with class :)

lostaussie
11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
They will lose because they dont really expect to win. I had a very, very reliable source tell me that in 04 they were so intimidated before the game that they didnt think they were going to win. He told me that after that they tried to take everything we did and do it from pregame warmup to music. This showed cause they couldnt close the game. They might have beat us last year but not this year. There are several reasons why Wimberly may lose....................but being intimidated ain't one of them:doh:

wimbo_pro
11-30-2006, 09:31 PM
GreenMachine...I am a bit shocked you put "zero" stock in the massey ratings. They are pretty accurate, when broken down. I will give you this...once the play offs wind down towards week 3 and above, the ratings mean a lot less because the teams are so closely matched. Gilmer, for instance, had a defensive rating WAYYYY higher than any other team in the top 15 or so...and sure enough...

I think both Wimberley and Cuero are so evenly matched in many ways that this is anyone's game. Of course, I think it will be ours!

GreenMachine
11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
The reason that I put zero stock in the ratings is that Cuero's offense is a machine and deserving of a higher rating than #14. I am not saying that we are the best offense in 3a, but with our balance and playmakers, we should be rated higher. On the flipside, I haven't seen ya'll play, but with the teams ya'll have beat, I would think that Ya'lls defense would be ranked much higher. If you look at these ratings, you could surmise that with the Cuero O ranked #14 and Wimberleys D ranked #14 that they would play to a draw - or 0 pts. Also with Wimberleys O ranked #4 and the Cuero D ranked #8, ya'll would put up plenty pts. Now ya'll may put up some pts., but so will we. That is why I don't put stock in this rating system.

Mike-Hawk
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Wimberly done gona lose this here game cuz they gots em a fat coach froom brazoria coonty.

JT44
11-30-2006, 10:06 PM
I think you throw all the ratings, polls, and the 04 game out the window.
This game will come down to whose big-time players step up and which team get's the extra big play from their defense as a whole.
both teams have offenses that can score big, and both teams have defenses that can play flawlessly

Which playmakers will make the big play? who's gonna break some tackles for the xtra yards, who's gonna strip a ball, get an int, which special teams unit is gonna step up?

of course, I'll take cuero's playmakers as a whole over anyone's in the state

lostaussie
11-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike-Hawk
Wimberly done gona lose this here game cuz they gots em a fat coach froom brazoria coonty. game over............Mike-Hawk has spoken:D

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Also with Wimberleys O ranked #4 and the Cuero D ranked #8, ya'll would put up plenty pts.
Huh? A 4th ranked offense against an 8th ranked defense? Isn't that like the first time the Cowboys played the Giants?:p
Who's to say Wimberely will have that much success?;) :D

gold_33
11-30-2006, 11:43 PM

I dont know who your source is but I think he was blowin smoke up your a$$! Why would Wimberley even bother showing up if we expect to lose? Yeah probably in '04 the team was a little intimidated cause they had hardly any playoff experience, much less any big game experience against any big name teams. All that game did was show our boys that "hey we can play with the big boys now" and it helped their confidence out going into last year. If we dont expect to win then why has everyone been waitin on the rematch? Why dont you find a little better reason why we'll lose other than cause we dont expect to win cause thats just idiotic. We expect to win every game and tomorrow as well.

GreenMachine
12-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
I dont know who your source is but I think he was blowin smoke up your a$$! Why would Wimberley even bother showing up if we expect to lose? Yeah probably in '04 the team was a little intimidated cause they had hardly any playoff experience, much less any big game experience against any big name teams. All that game did was show our boys that "hey we can play with the big boys now" and it helped their confidence out going into last year. If we dont expect to win then why has everyone been waitin on the rematch? Why dont you find a little better reason why we'll lose other than cause we dont expect to win cause thats just idiotic. We expect to win every game and tomorrow as well. A lot of teams play Cuero and don't expect to win. Likewise, a lot of teams play Wimberley and don't expect to win. Not this week, however. Two playoff seasoned teams who expect to win every week. This should be a great one...can't wait.

maroogreen
12-01-2006, 12:19 AM
I was at that game in '04 and they did not look intimidated at all.

Actually, I'm surprised you could see anything at all at that game. It was so foggy, you couldn't see plays at the other end of the field, much less the other sidelines. When the ball was downfield, we'd just listen for the sounds of the crowd on that end of the stadium and try to decipher what happened.

If nothing else, I'm glad we're playing in a climate-controlled facility tomorrow. :clap: :clap:

Phil C
12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Wimberley lost when it was decided to play the game in the Alamo Dome which is a stadium that favors the team with speed.

Tiger Baseball
12-02-2006, 10:46 AM

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

99IHSMustang
12-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Wooden bear is not a true Cuero Fan... he is the type of poster that talks trash and now when his supposed team lost will not even post or be around until next year to talk more trash.

Cuero had a great season and I am sure they will be back next year. Good luck the rest of the way Wimberly.

44INAROW
12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Wooden bear is not a true Cuero Fan... he is the type of poster that talks trash and now when his supposed team lost will not even post or be around until next year to talk more trash.

Cuero had a great season and I am sure they will be back next year. Good luck the rest of the way Wimberly.

Thanks for the kind words 99:)

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 11:41 AM

Wooden Bear was right about one thing, and one thing only....we didnt EXPECT to score so many points. So much for your intimidation theory....let this be a lesson to you, NO TEAM at this level is inimidated by the other.

You confuse inimidation with respect. And as far as Cuero goes, we here in Wimberley have as much respect for them as ANY team in the state. Their fans are a class act as well. You can learn from them. I know I have.

GreenMonster
12-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Wooden Bear! It's time for crow. We already know that we don't like you now it's time to determine how big of a man you can be. Chow down. Oh, and make sure it's a nice stanky dead for 2 or 3 days crow.

wooden bear
12-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Wooden Bear! It's time for crow. We already know that we don't like you now it's time to determine how big of a man you can be. Chow down. Oh, and make sure it's a nice stanky dead for 2 or 3 days crow.

Yeah yeah whatever. Wimberly played a great football game last night. Their qb was not the biggest or strongest guy out there but damn he was accurate. That RB was a beast. Like someone said before, that pass interference call was one of the worst calls I have ever seen and changed the momentum of the game. Not saying thats why we lost but it was a big play. Cuero could not have gotten off to worse start. They came out flat and it really showed. Congrats Wimberley good luck.

Hansum Stranger
12-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Cuero could not have gotten off to worse start. They came out flat and it really showed. Congrats Wimberley good luck.

Maybe Wimberley was just that good and it made Cuero look like they were flat. Wimberley was overlooked most of last year and won state. Seems like the same thing is happening again this year.

wooden bear
12-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Maybe Wimberley was just that good and it made Cuero look like they were flat. Wimberley was overlooked most of last year and won state. Seems like the same thing is happening again this year.

Im not saying that Wimberley wasnt good but i think everyone would agree with me that Cuero had as bad of a start as they could have. Not taking anything away from Wimberley.

rb585
12-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Im not saying that Wimberley wasnt good but i think everyone would agree with me that Cuero had as bad of a start as they could have. Not taking anything away from Wimberley.

I don't know why you're blaming their start. Their finish was a whole lot worse than their start.

wooden bear
12-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by rb585
I don't know why you're blaming their start. Their finish was a whole lot worse than their start.

I didnt see the finish, had to get a head start on the night. The start kinda sets the tone for hte game though. Either way they got beat, and beat bad by what looked like the better team hands down.

wooden bear
12-02-2006, 05:28 PM
I didnt see the finish, had to get a head start on the night. The start kinda sets the tone for hte game though. Either way they got beat, and beat bad by what looked like the better team hands down.

Here you go ad

Adidas410s
12-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Im not saying that Wimberley wasnt good but i think everyone would agree with me that Cuero had as bad of a start as they could have.

All I'm seeing is an excuse! ;)

Oh...and the first few posts from yesterday were definitely running your mouth about how great your team was...something else you shouldn't do. Come on now...you're almost 20...show a bit of maturity! ;)

wooden bear
12-02-2006, 05:32 PM
What are you talking about? The only thing I posted yesterday was that the team who had the most points off of turnover would win. You have no clue what your talkin about buddy. Yeah your right though, i guess saying Wimberley was the better team is an excuse.

manormustangs
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
like i keep saying central texas is too tough......wimberley played alot more better teams then cuero ...thats why they were more prepared for this big game.....when you play in central texas .just about all the good teams play each other ...so they are more ready for the big games.

wimberley,giddings.....one of these is your state champion

wooden bear
12-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by manormustangs
like i keep saying central texas is too tough......wimberley played alot more better teams then cuero ...thats why they were more prepared for this big game.....when you play in central texas .just about all the good teams play each other ...so they are more ready for the big games.

wimberley,giddings.....one of these is your state champion

A lot better teams than Cuero? Who Giddings is the only one ill give you there buddy.

manormustangs
12-02-2006, 05:48 PM
A lot better teams than Cuero? Who Giddings is the only one ill give you there buddy.

i guess you didnt get what i was saying ......im saying wimberley played alot more better teams to get prepared for the cuero game ...and cuero didnt get as much competition in the regular season to get prepared for this big time match.

rb585
12-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by manormustangs
i guess you didnt get what i was saying ......im saying wimberley played alot more better teams to get prepared for the cuero game ...and cuero didnt get as much competition in the regular season to get prepared for this big time match.

I agree with this, but it's not like Cuero was trying to schedule walkovers. Any other year Bay City, Liberty Hill, and Sinton is a really tough non-district schedule. No one expected Bay City or Sinton to be as bad as they were this year.

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2006, 06:24 PM
yeah next year if bay city and sinton improve they will have a tough schedule. especially when you toss in a road game at LH, its never easy playing there. but they just get no competition in thier district. course wimberley didnt either. but when you play giddings, LE, Abilene Wylie and LH in a regular season... that will definately get you prepared for anything in the playoffs.