PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck at home...

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 08:42 AM
this morning! :)

A Fed Ex truck wrapped itself around a pole this morning around I-35 and Market Center and the police have closed off the ramps from the Dallas Tollway and Woodall Rogers...so I can either take I-45 to Ennis and then come back over to Midlothian (about 75 miles) or just sit at home. Better yet...I can't reach my boss yet.

GreenMonster
11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
stay home. too many idiots out there that think "the roads don't look bad, I'm gonna drive like normal." next thing you know, a family of 5 is without a Father because said idiot ran over him. Tell the boss you are going to wait for the roads to clear.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-30-2006, 08:50 AM
They cancelled my classes so I'm at home too! Of course I will be working here at the computer. Naturally, I'll get to check in on the downlow!

Z~

CHS_CG
11-30-2006, 08:52 AM
I am at work but we dont have any ice YET we have really heavy winds and rain... good day to curl up drink some hot coco (or starbucks white chocolate mocha coffee) and read a book.

3afan
11-30-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm at work but my weekend starts at 12:45 today -- woohoo!

STANG RED
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
I had the pleasure of making the trip from Sweetwater to Abilene this morning at about 35 mph. Boy was that fun.

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 09:07 AM
boss said not to worry about it. I told him I would keep up with my e-mails from here which is a lot of my work. I guess I'll pull a Casey and drop 374 posts today! He forgets who the original power poster is! :mad:

What's scary is that they are showing footage from up in Gainesville and there have been a lot of wrecks on 35 this morning. They have footage of one car after another coming across an overpas and then skidding off the road.

STANG RED
11-30-2006, 09:10 AM
I was amazed that none of the bridges and overpasses had been sanded yet this morning. They all knew this was coming. Why didnt they start putting out the sand early this morning, especially before the traffic starts getting thick. :confused: :mad:
IDIOTS!!!

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I was amazed that none of the bridges and overpasses had been sanded yet this morning. They all knew this was coming. Why didnt they start putting out the sand early this morning, especially before the traffic starts getting thick. :confused: :mad:
IDIOTS!!!
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

Ranger Mom
11-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm at work! It's snowing pretty good, but nothing is sticking.

SWMustang
11-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
this morning! :)

A Fed Ex truck wrapped itself around a pole this morning around I-35 and Market Center and the police have closed off the ramps from the Dallas Tollway and Woodall Rogers...so I can either take I-45 to Ennis and then come back over to Midlothian (about 75 miles) or just sit at home. Better yet...I can't reach my boss yet.

screw you guys - I had to go to work today :(

CHS_CG
11-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
screw you guys - I had to go to work today :(

my exact thoughts

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm at work too, but that's because there is NOTHING going on, weather wise, in Sinton. :rolleyes:

Just received a text message from stangGirl2007 - she is home - "YAY for no school" - BUT she is also stuck w/o a computer. :( awwwww Sally girl!!

SWMustang
11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm at work too, but that's because there is NOTHING going on, weather wise, in Sinton. :rolleyes:

Just received a text message from stangGirl2007 - she is home - "YAY for no school" - BUT she is also stuck w/o a computer. :( awwwww Sally girl!!

that was the best feeling in the world waking up in high school and looking out the blinds to see if it snowed as much as the weather guy on KTAB said it would. Seeing it all "whited" out and knowing you didn't have school - the best. The football game played in the field next to a friends house wasn't too shabby either.

STANG RED
11-30-2006, 10:02 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

I just expect them to do their job, like their getting paid to do. I have to do mine, so they should be expected to do theirs.
:mad:

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 10:02 AM
well I'm not at work...but I decided to be a good employee and have my boss send me a few excel sheets so I could finish up on the work that I was doing.

SWMustang
11-30-2006, 10:03 AM
I just expect them to do their job, like their getting paid to do. I have to do mine, so they should be expected to do theirs.
:mad:

you expect that out of government? you're asking a lot...

SWMustang
11-30-2006, 10:05 AM
well I'm not at work...but I decided to be a good employee and have my boss send me a few excel sheets so I could finish up on the work that I was doing.

don't try to take the edge off of that taunting you gave me :) You're sitting at home in your PJ's thumbing your nose at all of us gulf coasters/ south texans :devil:

Ranger Mom
11-30-2006, 10:08 AM
I just heard on the news that I-20 between Stanton and Big Spring is closed!

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 10:12 AM
don't try to take the edge off of that taunting you gave me :) You're sitting at home in your PJ's thumbing your nose at all of us gulf coasters/ south texans :devil:

:( Uh oh....the wind is really blowing now. The sun was out not ONE minute ago. I think it is safe to say the front just blew in!!! :eek: :D :D :thumbsup:

Still NOT COLD, just WINDY!!

SWMustang
11-30-2006, 10:20 AM
it was 72 at 6:30AM - I think it was about 50 at 7:45

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 10:24 AM

nah...I showered and put on clothes. Doing some work this morning and then running errands this afternoon.

STANG RED
11-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just heard on the news that I-20 between Stanton and Big Spring is closed!

I also heard, I-20 was closed out around Ranger somewhere, but dont know how far it stretches, or even if what I heard was correct.

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 10:29 AM
The cold front has made it to Sinton!! :thumbsup: Feels great!! :)

Ranger Mom
11-30-2006, 10:30 AM
I also heard, I-20 was closed out around Ranger somewhere, but dont know how far it stretches, or even if what I heard was correct.

I would imagine that Ranger Hill would be treacherous right now!

MHSvarsity2007
11-30-2006, 10:32 AM
i just woke up to a text telling me to get up and look outside...it's totally snowing!! im so excited!! a downside is that we will be hauling our dinner theatre set to the paramount in abilene allllll day and unloading it in the freezing rain.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
i just woke up to a text telling me to get up and look outside...it's totally snowing!! im so excited!! a downside is that we will be hauling our dinner theatre set to the paramount in abilene allllll day and unloading it in the freezing rain. have fun and dress warm!

CHS_CG
11-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Being from Missiouri, I love the snow.. im soo jealous like half of the state is gettin snow.. I just happen to be in the half thats not:(

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Rockdale never gets snow. We just get freezing rain because of the sphere that Alcoa has put around rockdale :)

DU_stud04
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
no snow here....had ice out but its melted already.:(

spiveyrat
11-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Being from Missiouri, I love the snow.. im soo jealous like half of the state is gettin snow.. I just happen to be in the half thats not:( Start driving north. Shouldn't take you too long to find it. ;)