PDA

View Full Version : Bet you did not know this about A&M...

g$$
11-30-2006, 08:11 AM
For the first time in our history both men's (No. 8) and women's (No. 10) basketball are ranked in the Top 10 at the same time. We're one of just three schools in the Top 25 of football and both basketball teams. --from Bill Byrne's Wednesday Weekly

www.aggieathletics.com

**just for you jhs_c/o_06!

Da Mules
11-30-2006, 08:53 AM
A&M has a basketball program? :confused:

CHS_CG
11-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
A&M has a basketball program? :confused:

funny... we have a great bball program. The mens games started picking up a lot last year and im sure are packed this year.. Not sure about the womens... for some reason i dont have an interest in womens bball.

Phil C
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Their women's basketball did very good last year. They should continue to do so. But Oklahoma with the Paris twins is at the top right now.

Phil C
11-30-2006, 09:07 AM
I want to go to a conference at Bryan or College Station!
Governmental Accounting seminars please!!!

:mad:

Funk-d-fied
11-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I did..... and they have awesome recruiting classes coming in!

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
funny... we have a great bball program. The mens games started picking up a lot last year and im sure are packed this year.. Not sure about the womens... for some reason i dont have an interest in womens bball.

progams win every year...A&M has great teams....if they keep it up for a while and start having success...then it becomes a program. Texas is just now becoming a "great program" as Rick Barnes has been able to sustain the success for close to 10 years now. I just hope that A&M can keep Coach Gillespie around because he's already doing a phenomenal job in College Station.

jason
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
we have a great bball program. i would have to disagree...duke/kansas/north carolina - those are GREAT basketball programs....

a&m had a pretty good team last year (and the only reason i say that is because I used to live with one of the players), but other than that....its been NIT....great programs dont play in the NIT....

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 10:11 AM
I agree with Jason's comment to Talena

jason
11-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I agree with Jason's comment to Talena so, what you're saying is, that im a genius

g$$
11-30-2006, 06:15 PM
A&M just committed $20 million to basketball with facility upgrades, practice gyms, dressing rooms, scoreboards, ribbon boards, etc.

Not a great program yet, that takes time, but most definitely a program on the rise. Top 10 in both men's & women's says it all.

DU_stud04
11-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jason
so, what you're saying is, that im a genius :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jason
so, what you're saying is, that im a genius Sure why not. Hell Tarleton has a better "program" than A&M in basketball.

g$$
11-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Sure why not. Hell Tarleton has a better "program" than A&M in basketball.

Stupid, & wrong too. Stick to stuff you "know".

DU_stud04
11-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Stupid, & wrong too. Stick to stuff you "know". post padding???

Emerson1
11-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
post padding???
and that isn't?

g$$
11-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Just messing with you.

BTW, I will be out of touch tomorrow so PM me a cell or let's make plans today if you care to say hello. I plan to go to both games in B/CS. And my mom is almost 71 not 75, my bad!

DU_stud04
11-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
and that isn't? no, i was referring to what he knows best. ;)

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Stupid, & wrong too. Stick to stuff you "know". I didn't say they had better athletes. ;) I just said the program is better than A&M's. Tarleton is consistantly making deep runs in the DII playoffs for basketball and ranked inside the top 10. Their basketball history is damn good too. So therefor the "program" is better.

g$$
11-30-2006, 06:46 PM
I didn't say they had better athletes. ;) I just said the program is better than A&M's. Tarleton is consistantly making deep runs in the DII playoffs for basketball and ranked inside the top 10. Their basketball history is damn good too. So therefor the "program" is better.

Good for TSU. And A&M would name the score too if they played. Different brand of athletes & ball. Let me know about weekend.