PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Tarpons!

Tarpon Power
08-30-2002, 08:38 AM
Way to go Tarpons!...That was an awesome game played yesterday against Floresville.....yes you guys made a couple of mistakes but those kinda things can be fixed....as far as im concerned we won!......Keep up the good work and prepare for the next game.... next week the real games begin!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-30-2002, 10:35 AM
COOL! What was the score??? Glad the Tarpons did well, keep it up!

See Missle? Told ya you'd all be just fine.

Big Tarp 74
08-30-2002, 11:26 AM
Heard it was a good schrimmage. Congrat!, Are you guys going to Los Fresnos -vs- Sharland game? I hear Los Fresnos runs a four wide recever set, and never take a snap under the center. I think it would be a good time to scout them. Once again, Congrats!

footballgal
08-30-2002, 03:04 PM
WAY TO GO BLUE!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

I WANT DETAILS!!!

Tarpon Power
08-30-2002, 06:38 PM
The game versus Floresville was a thriller!.....The scrimmage was 0-0 the whole way....but when the 30min of the real game began we did very well.Joey Loera rushed for 40yards in one play,Missile caught everybody that tried to score,Johnny Nieto is doing very well as fullback as he gained about 60 yards on 6 attempts,and Joe Arevalo scored twice..givin us the egde 2-1(14-7)....and in one of those touchdowns Joe Arevalo intercepted the ball and ran the ball 90yards to score and nobody caught up to him. Our passing game is improving little by little.. The defense did well and is expected to improve...Josue Trejo made the best tackle as a 5'6 guy he flipped a 5'10 guy over his head! All in all the Tarpons dominated ..We should be fine by district.way to go tarpons keep up the good work...good job Coaches keep it up!

Kool Tarpon 21
08-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Yeah, we had a good game but we are still making a lot of mental mistakes and need to correct them quickly. We play PSJA Wolverines on Saturday and I think we are ready. We need to improve on our offense just a little bit more. Our defense is doing fine but still needs corrections. We are making mistakes on both sides of the ball, but they can easily be fixed. I can't wait to go see what we can do against PSJA. We are going to work hard all this week and the remaining of the season. WATCH OUT FOR THE TARPONS CUZ HERE WE COME!!!

Wunderkindepiphany
08-31-2002, 05:31 PM
BigTarp-I was at the LF/Shary game, and it was something else man. I thought that since LF beat Donna 35-28 in scrimmage play, Shary would be papitas, not the case. I guess scrimmages really don't matter, right? Anyway, gotta give Shary's QB props for real, passed for 400 yds...anyway, LF looked pretty durn good on offense in their first game. Forced a fumble in the first two minutes, and 2 more throughout the whole game. LF linebacker Barbosa broke Shary receiver Reyna's wrist on a pop. 2 good passes for above 60 yds, and a botched score from 1st and Goal in the zone when a LF pass was intercepted by a Shary player. Explosive offenses pretty much sums it up. Just such a good game to watch, Im excited this season not only about LF football but Valley football in general. Since I've lived in the Valley i've never seen this level of football played this early on in the season. LF produced nicely last night. Peace to everyone, and congrats on the win Tarpons.

Big Tarp 74
09-04-2002, 02:16 PM
I also went to the game. Los Fresnos did look good. The defense was playing great, but slacked up a bit against Sharyland passing. Los Fresnos offense looked real good. It good to see teams getting it together. Have seen several schrimmages this year, Los Fresnos offense is tough, It will be a good test when the Tarpons come to town. PI has tremendous speed in it secondary. Every team this year passing has been intersepted. Edcouch Elsa was intersepted 3 times, Mercedes 4 times and Florisville 1 time, there might have been more. The thing Los Fresnos does well is keeping the ball in close, and making people miss them. Then they show their speed. They also option to their backs, or the quarterback keeps it, and goes. Tough offense. Los Fresnos will have to be careful not to get the ball intersepted. PI secondary is so fast that they will most likely go all the way if they intersept. I have seen it happen several times this year against good ball clubs. No school yet has been able to catch them when this happens. If PI can stay health the next two ball games, maybe we will see another good ball game.

Originally posted by Wunderkindepiphany:
BigTarp-I was at the LF/Shary game, and it was something else man. I thought that since LF beat Donna 35-28 in scrimmage play, Shary would be papitas, not the case. I guess scrimmages really don't matter, right? Anyway, gotta give Shary's QB props for real, passed for 400 yds...anyway, LF looked pretty durn good on offense in their first game. Forced a fumble in the first two minutes, and 2 more throughout the whole game. LF linebacker Barbosa broke Shary receiver Reyna's wrist on a pop. 2 good passes for above 60 yds, and a botched score from 1st and Goal in the zone when a LF pass was intercepted by a Shary player. Explosive offenses pretty much sums it up. Just such a good game to watch, Im excited this season not only about LF football but Valley football in general. Since I've lived in the Valley i've never seen this level of football played this early on in the season. LF produced nicely last night. Peace to everyone, and congrats on the win Tarpons.

Wunderkindepiphany
09-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Yes, I look forward to the PI/LF game. Should be fun to watch. Also, is Valleyfootball.com down? I get enter it...anyway, peace all.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-04-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Wunderkindepiphany:
Yes, I look forward to the PI/LF game. Should be fun to watch. Also, is Valleyfootball.com down? I get enter it...anyway, peace all.

I'll be coming down w/friends from Dallas to watch this one. Ought to be a great game.