PDA

View Full Version : I agree with T.O...

mchavez
11-30-2006, 01:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2680186

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:39 AM
Owens needs to concentrate on catching balls and shut up. I get sick of him. He is always trying to find a way to get himself in the media. I was happy with the momentary hiatus of this guy while romo was the spotlight, but it is obvious that Owens will not relenquish the spotlight for long.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Owens needs to concentrate on catching balls and shut up. I get sick of him. He is always trying to find a way to get himself in the media. I was happy with the momentary hiatus of this guy while romo was the spotlight, but it is obvious that Owens will not relenquish the spotlight for long.:rolleyes: I don't see it as him getting himself in the media. The media is the ones innitiating the story and asking him the question. I'm sure he doesn't run to the media but the media runs to him.

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I don't see it as him getting himself in the media. The media is the ones innitiating the story and asking him the question. I'm sure he doesn't run to the media but the media runs to him.

true, but its not like he has to talk. Everytime he gets near a mic, whether it be with the media or a childs hand held tape player/mic he always has something stupid to say just to get people riled up.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:45 AM
true, but its not like he has to talk. Everytime he gets near a mic, whether it be with the media or a childs hand held tape player/mic he always has something stupid to say just to get people riled up. Also what he said wasn't that bad.

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Also what he said wasn't that bad.

Anytime you start questioning the big boys upstairs its bad news. Some people tend to forget who writes the checks.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Anytime you start questioning the big boys upstairs its bad news. Some people tend to forget who writes the checks. He's still going to get that paper...lol

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:51 AM
He's still going to get that paper...lol

I dont know, I feel an eruption coming on soon. Scientists say the top might explode in about 3 months. :)

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:52 AM
I dont know, I feel an eruption coming on soon. Scientists say the top might explode in about 3 months. :) Speaking of eruptions and sciensist. I was watching this deal that yellowstone national park is a waiting eruption or something. That when it does(if) it will be the worlds largest volcanic eruption ever.

mchavez
11-30-2006, 01:52 AM
I agree with Tiger on all the above!!

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:53 AM
Speaking of eruptions and sciensist. I was watching this deal that yellowstone national park is a waiting eruption or something. That when it does(if) it will be the worlds largest volcanic eruption ever.

Its know as a super volcano. The whole thing is a volcano that if it exploded would cover the entire western US in ash and debris. It would be catastrophic. Or at least thats what discovery channel said and you know how they play up the disaster specials as the worst things that could ever happen.:)

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
I agree with Tiger on all the above!!

you would....

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Its know as a super volcano. The whole thing is a volcano that if it exploded would cover the entire western US in ash and debris. It would be catastrophic. Or at least thats what discovery channel said and you know how they play up the disaster specials as the worst things that could ever happen.:) It sure makes an entertaining show though ;):p

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:55 AM
It sure makes an entertaining show though ;):p

Yeah, until they say me and my family are going to die awful deaths choking on ash and such. That kind of stuff tends to not be appealing so I change it to Flavor of Love.:)

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:56 AM
you would.... What's wrong with agreeing with me?

Terrells stats through last week.

61 catches, 831 yards, 8 td's

Not bad but could be more. Can't complain though on the stats

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Yeah, until they say me and my family are going to die awful deaths choking on ash and such. That kind of stuff tends to not be appealing so I change it to Flavor of Love.:) NOW THAT SHOW IS ENTERTAINMENT! lol...that white girls family got braided up! haha

mchavez
you would....

Why's that!! And Don't say cause of Austin!! Cause that's not it at all!! lol

Bulldog_12
What's wrong with agreeing with me?

Well, for starters, its been proven that if people agree with you the terrorists have won

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:58 AM
NOW THAT SHOW IS ENTERTAINMENT! lol...that white girls family got braided up! haha

GREATEST REALITY TV MOMENT OF ALL TIME. Grandma was cracking me up!

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:58 AM
Well, for starters, its been proven that if people agree with you the terrorists have won Is this like the southpark conspiracy theory with 9/11 and who went dookie in the urinal?

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Is this like the southpark conspiracy theory with 9/11 and who went dookie in the urinal?

:clap: :clap: I laughed

Bulldog_12
11-30-2006, 02:00 AM
http://members.cox.net/dogmatix/Thread%20Hijacked.JPG

mchavez
11-30-2006, 02:00 AM
So back on subject!! I agree with T.O.!! I know he was lacking but I think he needed another chance!! But if you would of missed another one, then see you later!!

g$$
11-30-2006, 07:51 AM
TO = Vanderjagt = Jerry Jones
3 people made for each other...egomaniacs & create distractions to draw attention to themselves.

And, I would NOT agree with TO if he told me it was hot in the middle of a brutal Texas summer. Great player, bigger jerk.

Carry on!

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 08:19 AM
if you had actually heard the sound clip from TO you would realize he wasn't trying to "make a scene" or talking loud and proud as he does when he knows he's just making a show. This time he was calm, quiet, and simply expressing his opinion in a factual manner when asked about it. Oh...and TO is no longer the big draw for the reporters and hasn't been for almost 6 weeks now. According to those in the locker room, he hasn't been making a lot of noise and demanding attention either. He's just going about his business and preparing for the upcoming games.

g$$
11-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
if you had actually heard the sound clip from TO you would realize he wasn't trying to "make a scene" or talking loud and proud as he does when he knows he's just making a show. This time he was calm, quiet, and simply expressing his opinion in a factual manner when asked about it. Oh...and TO is no longer the big draw for the reporters and hasn't been for almost 6 weeks now. According to those in the locker room, he hasn't been making a lot of noise and demanding attention either. He's just going about his business and preparing for the upcoming games.

Good for him, finally a grown-up. Why is it his place to question roster moves? Is he the GM now too? Just shut up & play, do your job, & go home.

Romo is getting all the attention right now it seems. See how long TO likes that.

One question Adidas: is a seemingly intelligent guy like you seem to be defending that clown? Please tell me no...

SWAMP-RAT
11-30-2006, 08:53 AM
So back on subject!! I agree with T.O.!! I know he was lacking but I think he needed another chance!! But if you would of missed another one, then see you later!!

I think he was let go for his K-Offs as much as his FG teams are starting at least the 30 yard line seems like every K-Off.

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 10:27 AM

:clap: YAY!! :)

Ranger Mom
11-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I didn't see anything wrong in that article at all!!

Darren
11-30-2006, 10:40 AM
I agree that I hope it doen't comeback to haunt them. I'm sure another team will pick him up.

IHStangFan
11-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Owens needs to concentrate on catching balls and shut up. I get sick of him. He is always trying to find a way to get himself in the media. I was happy with the momentary hiatus of this guy while romo was the spotlight, but it is obvious that Owens will not relenquish the spotlight for long.:rolleyes: PREACH IT!!! This guy needs to shut his mouth and catch footballs....PERIOD. If he wants to be in the spotlight....he can try his hand at Broadway....otherwise....play football and STHU.

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Good for him, finally a grown-up. Why is it his place to question roster moves? Is he the GM now too? Just shut up & play, do your job, & go home.

Romo is getting all the attention right now it seems. See how long TO likes that.

One question Adidas: is a seemingly intelligent guy like you seem to be defending that clown? Please tell me no...

1. I don't think he was questioning the move. From the clip that I heard it sound like he was stating the facts (Vandy was 12-15 before the Colts game) and he didn't think that was all that bad. He even went as far as to say that Vandy hasn't cost the Cowboys any games but that he has...so if anybody should be let go then it's him based on his performance. I found that to be quite shocking that he would say that...but maybe (at least for now) he's showing some maturity in how he handles the media.

2. Yes Romo is definitely in the spotlight. Heck...Monday night at the Mavs game they recognized Romo during a timeout for "bringing Dallas a happy thanksgiving! :)" I've seen TO at a few games (this year and last) and I've never once seen the PA announcer point him out. It's Romo-mania in Dallas right now...so I guess we'll see how long TO goes w/o blowing up. I guess it will come the day after he has a 2 catch, 25 yard performance. In the last 4 games he is averaging 6 catches for 87 yards and has had a TD catch in 3 of the 4 games. As long as that continues, he won't gripe and really won't care who is in the spotlight OFF the field as long as he's shining ON the field.

3. No I'm not defending him. Personally, I don't think he's a "bad guy" like a lot of people do. Is he immature??? Yes. However, you will also find that his personal life is very private and outside of his job you don't really hear much about him. He doesn't get into trouble with the law, he doesn't clash with fans, he's just a little too bit flamboyant when it comes to his job and it rubs people the wrong way. The things you do hear are all positive in terms of the charity work that he does in the community and the contributions that he makes to children's organizations. Again, I'm not saying I like him...but I don't have any significant reason to hate him. There are a lot of guys in the NFL that are viewed in a more positive light that have done a lot worse things than TO has ever done.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
PREACH IT!!! This guy needs to shut his mouth and catch footballs....PERIOD. If he wants to be in the spotlight....he can try his hand at Broadway....otherwise....play football and STHU. lame

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 11:22 AM
1. I don't think he was questioning the move. From the clip that I heard it sound like he was stating the facts (Vandy was 12-15 before the Colts game) and he didn't think that was all that bad. He even went as far as to say that Vandy hasn't cost the Cowboys any games but that he has...so if anybody should be let go then it's him based on his performance. I found that to be quite shocking that he would say that...but maybe (at least for now) he's showing some maturity in how he handles the media.

2. Yes Romo is definitely in the spotlight. Heck...Monday night at the Mavs game they recognized Romo during a timeout for "bringing Dallas a happy thanksgiving! :)" I've seen TO at a few games (this year and last) and I've never once seen the PA announcer point him out. It's Romo-mania in Dallas right now...so I guess we'll see how long TO goes w/o blowing up. I guess it will come the day after he has a 2 catch, 25 yard performance. In the last 4 games he is averaging 6 catches for 87 yards and has had a TD catch in 3 of the 4 games. As long as that continues, he won't gripe and really won't care who is in the spotlight OFF the field as long as he's shining ON the field.

3. No I'm not defending him. Personally, I don't think he's a "bad guy" like a lot of people do. Is he immature??? Yes. However, you will also find that his personal life is very private and outside of his job you don't really hear much about him. He doesn't get into trouble with the law, he doesn't clash with fans, he's just a little too bit flamboyant when it comes to his job and it rubs people the wrong way. The things you do hear are all positive in terms of the charity work that he does in the community and the contributions that he makes to children's organizations. Again, I'm not saying I like him...but I don't have any significant reason to hate him. There are a lot of guys in the NFL that are viewed in a more positive light that have done a lot worse things than TO has ever done.

Amen!! :clap:

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: YAY!! :)

Originally posted by pirate4state
Amen!! :clap:

Awesome...I have my very own cheerleader now! :)

JasperDog94
11-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Look at it this way guys. TO is sticking up for a teammate instead of tearing him up. Be positive.:)

Show some compassion!:mad: :mad: :)

Darren
11-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I agree that I hope it doesn't comeback to haunt them. I'm sure another team will pick him up.

oops.... Just meant to edit.... I am slightly retarded..