PDA

View Full Version : Utah Jazz

stxfootballfan
11-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I know its still early but what about the Jazz having the best record in the NBA right now, contenders or pretenders?

District303aPastPlayer
11-30-2006, 01:15 AM
as much as i'd love to say contenders... i don't think they will be... their veterans are Derrick Fisher, Carlos Boozer, and Matt Harping. Andre Kierelenko is a 5 year player... they are too young... pressure will get to them...

necks_c/09
11-30-2006, 08:58 AM
there is no way they will not make the playoffs.

they are a .500 team every year and now they are a dozen or so games over .500....even if they cool down they will prolly maintain
their good record....

i say 51-31

necks_c/09
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
as much as i'd love to say contenders... i don't think they will be... their veterans are Derrick Fisher, Carlos Boozer, and Matt Harping. Andre Kierelenko is a 5 year player... they are too young... pressure will get to them...

look how well boozer is playing.....

he's leading the league in Double Doubles......like 10 or 11 in 14 games.

like 5 or 6 times he went 30+ points this season w/ 12 or 13 boards......he is forreal....and also a step out shooter in Okur.....
Kirilenko will continue to play as he always does and they will be contenders but prolly get knocked in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs due to their lack of experience.

awizzy
11-30-2006, 09:02 AM
this team is for real AK-47 has always been a good player and with williams play well look for these guys to go far

necks_c/09
11-30-2006, 09:12 AM
thank u Wizzy!!!

Adidas410s
11-30-2006, 09:18 AM
The seeding will PROBABLY look like this in the W/C:

1. Dallas/San Antonio/Houston (1st)
2. Dallas/San Antonio/Houston (2nd)
3. Utah/winner of Pacific
4. Utah/winner of Pacific
5. Dallas/San Antonio/Houston (3rd)
6. Lakers/Phoenix/Clips/Kings/Warriors
7. Lakers/Phoenix/Clips/Kings/Warriors/Nuggets
8. Lakers/Phoenix/Clips/Kings/Warriors/Nuggets

For Utah to do much in the playoffs, they have to get that #3 seed...the #4 seed and they will be playing the 3rd best of the Texas bunch and they likely won't win that in a playoff scenario...unless they play Houston who doesn't have much playoff experience either.

big daddy russ
11-30-2006, 03:46 PM
-I don't think they'll be in the Finals, but don't write off that coaching staff.

-Deron Williams was a winner in college. So was Boozer. I think that's carried over to the League.

-Kirilenko is long, quick, and every bit the defensive player Ben Wallace is........... when he's healthy.

-Boozer's a banger and nice to have on the high post, but I'm still not sold on Mehmet Okur down low.

-I like their outside shooters, especially Harpring. Gives the team a nice balance.

I think the Jazz have a nice little ballclub. Too many teams get caught up pursuing too many athletes (**cough, cough, the Knickerbockers, cough, cough**), but Utah's built a solid squad with a couple of great athletes and the complimentary players to give the athletes room to work. I could definitely see them in the Western Conference Finals, but immaturity will be an issue as the season progresses.

DU_stud04
11-30-2006, 03:54 PM
its funny. i was watching some basketball highlights last night and they make it out to be that playoffs are next week. i dont see the rankings really come into play till around march. basketball season is a long time, a team can blow untill January then end up takin the title. as for the jazz, i havent seen them play. i havent seen a game yet, just a few highlights. basketball doesnt matter till football is over anyways ;)