PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Nation College All Star Game

keenoace
11-29-2006, 11:44 PM
El Paso Times (http://www.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci_4737462)

During this great time of Texas High School Football here's something we can all agree on. Read this!

Old Tiger
11-29-2006, 11:48 PM
That would be sweet. But could they get all the best Texas HS kids together?

keenoace
11-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That would be sweet. But could they get all the best Texas HS kids together?

It's a college all star game. But it would be sweet if it was a high school all star game. But there are so many hs in texas that it would be tough to get them all together.

Old Tiger
11-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
It's a college all star game. But it would be sweet if it was a high school all star game. But there are so many hs in texas that it would be tough to get them all together. lol...Should have read into it more :( haha. I think that it would be an okay idea for college.

Adidas410s
11-29-2006, 11:56 PM
lol...Should have read into it more :( haha. I think that it would be an okay idea for college.

yeah...maybe reading the title...that word COLLEGE may have helped you out! ;)

keenoace
11-29-2006, 11:57 PM
IMO it would be very challenging. With only 9 DI colleges vs the rest it would be something to prove. We are the best in the Nation.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 12:01 AM
IMO it would be very challenging. With only 9 DI colleges vs the rest it would be something to prove. We are the best in the Nation. Not only that but some such as UTEP, Rice, SMU are not good at all.

keenoace
11-30-2006, 12:03 AM
TRUE, TRUE

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Bad Teams;
SMU
UTEP
Baylor
North Texas

Average Teams;
TCU
Houston
Rice

Good Teams;
Texas Tech
Texas
Texas A&M

Also take players such as Danielle Manning who left ACU early for the NFL draft and was selected in the second round.

tiger_94
11-30-2006, 12:12 AM
That is a pretty cool idea, would like to see it happen

NewYorkYankee
11-30-2006, 12:14 AM
I guess that means none of the OU team will be allowed to play in the all star game,since the article did state players with NO Texas ties..LOL

keenoace
11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
But then you also have the guys that go to other all-star games before that like the Senior Bowl, Hula Bowl, etc. that will only play in one all star game due to the cause of injury. So the Texas Team may not be all we have to offer. I can see some controversy over this game for Texas football fans.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 12:17 AM
But then you also have the guys that go to other all-star games before that like the Senior Bowl, Hula Bowl, etc. that will only play in one all star game due to the cause of injury. So the Texas Team may not be all we have to offer. I can see some controversy over this game for Texas football fans. I think the Texas guys will won't to play in this one more than the others to prove how good Texas football is.

keenoace
11-30-2006, 12:19 AM
I think the Texas guys will won't to play in this one more than the others to prove how good Texas football is.

Let's hope! We have a reputation to protect.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2006, 12:56 AM
IMO it would be very challenging. With only 9 DI colleges vs the rest it would be something to prove. We are the best in the Nation.

It is NOT just about Texas college players..ANY player from the State of Texas is eligible to play for Texas

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It is NOT just about Texas college players..ANY player from the State of Texas is eligible to play for Texas So say...Adrian Peterson could play for Texas?

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2006, 01:00 AM
unless something has changed since it was first announced,,yes he could play...But I think they start small and work their way to asking the big boys

stxfootballfan
11-30-2006, 01:01 AM
So say...Adrian Peterson could play for Texas?

More than half of the OU team could play for the Texas team.

buffalo2006
11-30-2006, 01:01 AM
It includes all TEXAS players for exampel if Adrian Peterson was a senior he would be able to play. Where you are originally from is what they're talking about from what i understand.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
It includes all TEXAS players for exampel if Adrian Peterson was a senior he would be able to play. Where you are originally from is what they're talking about from what i understand. Oh cool. Texas puts out about 350 D1 players a year so cool.

District303aPastPlayer
11-30-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
More than half of the OU team could play for the Texas team.

70%

CalallenWildcat
11-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Bad Teams;
SMU
UTEP
Baylor
North Texas

Average Teams;
TCU
Houston
Rice

Good Teams;
Texas Tech
Texas
Texas A&M

Also take players such as Danielle Manning who left ACU early for the NFL draft and was selected in the second round.

SMU was 6-6 and was bowl-eligible...they deserve to be in the Average list :)

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
SMU was 6-6 and was bowl-eligible...they deserve to be in the Average list :) lol...well crap put them there!

bulldogman06
11-30-2006, 02:59 AM
This wouldnt be accurate at all, not by a long shot. what would be cool, though, would be to have the all Big 12 team and all Big 12 team and all Sec team etc. etc. play against each other. that would be great

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
This wouldnt be accurate at all, not by a long shot. explain

g$$
11-30-2006, 04:27 AM
Oh cool. Texas puts out about 350 D1 players a year so cool.

Try 396 last year! (375 hs, 20 juco, 1 prep = 396). Most in the country again including Florida & Cali.

BTW, TCU is a darn good program flying under the radar. Not saying great, but really good. About to win 10 games again albeit in a weak conference. Still pretty darn good & getting better. Gary Patterson does a good job in Fort Worth.

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Try 396 last year! (375 hs, 20 juco, 1 prep = 396). Most in the country again including Florida & Cali.

BTW, TCU is a darn good program flying under the radar. Not saying great, but really good. About to win 10 games again albeit in a weak conference. Still pretty darn good & getting better. Gary Patterson does a good job in Fort Worth. TCU needs to learn how to not let a big win effect the next week game.