PDA

View Full Version : Prayer service to be held for G-P football player

stxfootballfan
11-29-2006, 07:09 PM
From Kris TV:

"GREGORY - In Gregory, a prayer service will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Immaculate Conception Church for a G-P football player, who's been hospitalized with a serious illness. Two weeks ago, Matthew Claudio became very ill, with some type of infection.

He's in critical condition at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, and he is on the minds of students and coaches, as well as the community of Gregory and Portland. Matthew is number 88 for the Wildcats.

Doctors are trying to pinpoint precisely what caused this serious infection for the sophomore. According to the priest at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Gregory, Matthew has suffered a collapsed lung and is now breathing on a machine.

His friends have come together after this tragedy.

"I'm touched by the support that they do. It's amazing," The Rev. Raju Thottankara of Immaculate Conception Church, said. "This should be done for everyone, and I'm so proud of the people of Gregory and Portland, especially the children, who are Matt's friends and their parents. I'm touched by them."

Fellow students at G-P have been leaving get well wishes for the student on the popular website, MySpace.com. Many fellow players and classmates will turn out for the prayer service.

Anyone who can't make it for the prayer, the church is accepting donations to help the mounting medical bills for the family. The address is PO Box 108, Gregory, Texas 78359. Specify that the donation is for Matthew Claudio, or checks may be made out to his mother, Tania Claudio.

Matthew had been playing for the Wildcats this season, when he became sick. Wednesday night, a rosary will be recited. The public is invited.

Online Reporter: Aaron Drawhorn"

$5 or $10 from everyone could go a long way to help this family!

CalallenWildcat
11-29-2006, 07:14 PM
I posted a prayer thread for Matthew about a week ago. Please keep him in your prayers.

pirate4state
11-29-2006, 08:54 PM
I feel so bad for this family. :( They are in my prayers. I hope we hear some good news soon.