PDA

View Full Version : Iranian President Ahmadinejad's letter to you and me...

big daddy russ
11-29-2006, 06:45 PM
He's urging us to pull out because the U.S. and Iran share the responsibility "to promote and protect freedom and human dignity and integrity.”

Discuss.

link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15947213/?GT1=8717)

carter08
11-29-2006, 06:46 PM
War is not the answer. That is all i am going to say

big daddy russ
11-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Read the letter, learn about the guy, then come to a conclusion about the the reason he wrote this letter.

I'm not saying it is or isn't the answer. Just saying that it's funny that we get this letter from him. Call me crazy, but I don't think he has the best interests of the world in mind.

BobcatBenny
11-29-2006, 07:01 PM

Clearly, you are correct, but this is a worldly issue.

If we want to win/end the war in Iraq, all we have to do is destablize Syria and Iran. Then those two nations will be too busy to keep us from stablizing the Iraqis.

The destablization of Syria and Iran would not require war. Just a few tactical strikes.

DU_stud04
11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
send the women here and then do whatever you want. i love me some Persian women ;) :D

SintonFan
11-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Sometimes it's the only answer but with our wonderful country all sissified, we could do the right thing but not have the resolve to follow through.
That dude Ahmajackov's letter is crap plain and simple. Those people will look you in the eye, say something nice, and stab you in the back when you are not looking.

Eagles52
11-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Sometimes it's the only answer but with our wonderful country all sissified, we could do the right thing but not have the resolve to follow through.
That dude Ahmajackov's letter is crap plain and simple. Those people will look you in the eye, say something nice, and stab you in the back when you are not looking.

Does "those people" refer to people of Middle Eastern descent in general? Or Iranians in general? I hope I'm reading it wrong, but it came off to me smelling of racism, at least xenophobia.

SWMustang
11-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
Does "those people" refer to people of Middle Eastern descent in general? Or Iranians in general? I hope I'm reading it wrong, but it came off to me smelling of racism, at least xenophobia.

Maybe in their culture it's not seen as a bad thing to lie, cheat and steal. Not all cultures are equal. It's ok to call 'em out on it.

mwynn05
11-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Maybe in their culture it's not seen as a bad thing to lie, cheat and steal. Not all cultures are equal. It's ok to call 'em out on it. It's only okay if it makes your way of thinking right...right? if dems said that and you disagreed you would complain about it

big daddy russ
11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I think he's referring to Ahmadinejad's track record. Middle Eastern leaders (Perz Ahmad, all the Hussein's, al Nahayen, etc.) tend to go back on their word.

SintonFan
11-29-2006, 07:51 PM
"Those people" would be the leadership of Iran. Look at the context of my last two sentenses and it is clear what I meant(at least to me).

Matthew328
11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
send the women here and then do whatever you want. i love me some Persian women ;) :D

I was thinking the exact same thing..

DU_stud04
11-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I was thinking the exact same thing.. if all persian girls look like they do here at uta, ill be a happy man. :D

SWMustang
11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
It's only okay if it makes your way of thinking right...right? if dems said that and you disagreed you would complain about it

talk to me when you've seen the world.

Pudlugger
11-29-2006, 10:29 PM
It's 1938 all over again. Black clouds are on the horizon and people refuse to see. He says he wants to destroy America the "Great Satan" and wipe Isreal off the map. Do you not believe him? When he has an atomic bomb will you feel safer? Wake up and smell the cordite. Coming to a city near you.

sinton66
11-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Nuke 'em and turn the whole place over to Libbey Owens.:D