PDA

View Full Version : My Day as a Secretary

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Well, today I've been playing secretary for a certain company in Cuero, it's been kinda slow this morning but man, the phones have almost been off the hook since I got back from lunch. Before today, I thought secretaries didn't do squat, but now I see that there job can get pretty frustrating at times, especially dealing with customers over the phone. It kinda gets a little lonely at times, but I think it's just because everyone else is at lunch right now and it's real quiet in the office!...a little too quiet for my standards.
Anyways, besides answering the phones and taking messages, I've been rummaging on here for a couple of hours trying to find something to post about, but now I figured I'd let everyone know what I was doing today in the big city of Cuero, TX.
Hope everyone is having a good hump day!

coach
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Well, today I've been playing secretary for a certain company in Cuero, it's been kinda slow this morning but man, the phones have almost been off the hook since I got back from lunch. Before today, I thought secretaries didn't do squat, but now I see that there job can get pretty frustrating at times, especially dealing with customers over the phone. It kinda gets a little lonely at times, but I think it's just because everyone else is at lunch right now and it's real quiet in the office!...a little too quiet for my standards.
Anyways, besides answering the phones and taking messages, I've been rummaging on here for a couple of hours trying to find something to post about, but now I figured I'd let everyone know what I was doing today in the big city of Cuero, TX.
Hope everyone is having a good hump day!

sounds exciting...dont you think humpdays are so slow...to me they are almost as slow as mondays

44INAROW
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I am curious - where you today?

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
sounds exciting...dont you think humpdays are so slow...to me they are almost as slow as mondays

It drags at times, but I guess I'll get through it just like I get through everything else, with a little time and patience! It's not so bad afterall, just wish I had someone to visibly talk to!

injuredinmelee
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM
I had to fire a secretary a week and a half ago and it has been heck ever since. Since we are being sold to another Club I am not going to replace her. Bad idea on my part but I hae to bring someone in that wont be guaranteed a job in a couple of months.

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I had to fire a secretary a week and a half ago and it has been heck ever since. Since we are being sold to another Club I am not going to replace her. Bad idea on my part but I hae to bring someone in that wont be guaranteed a job in a couple of months. Good luck finding someone, it'll be hard, but I bet someone's out there that needs a job, ANY JOB!

injuredinmelee
11-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Good luck finding someone, it'll be hard, but I bet someone's out there that needs a job, ANY JOB!

Nah I can get their share of the Christmas bonuses if I wait until they are given out... lol

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Nah I can get their share of the Christmas bonuses if I wait until they are given out... lol That sounds like a good plan to me, any extra money can be a good thing, no matter how you earn it!

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
IM FINISHED!!!
Writing an English research paper for this girl, huh, the things I seem to be doing for people lately. The phone hasn't wrang for a while now, so I got to finish this 2200 word literature research paper, but at least I'm getting paid for it!!!...lol!