PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Shockey runs his mouth again

Maroon87
11-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Sorry if this was already posted...

Shockey's comments get noticed in Dallas
ESPN.com news services

Jeremy Shockey's candor may have given the Dallas Cowboys some extra incentive for Sunday's NFC East showdown with the New York Giants.

After the Giants' Week 11 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars -- the second loss in what is now a three-game slide, puncuated by last Sunday's meltdown against the Tennessee Titans -- Shockey told ESPN's Ed Werder there was "no way in hell" the Cowboys would beat the Giants if the Giants played up to par.

And while Bill Parcells has downplayed the statement, it's certainly made news in Dallas, where Parcells has told the media he's "aware of it." The New York Daily News reported Wednesday that according to a Dallas source, the Cowboys have acquired a copy of Shockey's comments.

Shockey made the statements when asked if the Giants and Cowboys were headed in opposite directions.

"We are not worried about anyone else," Shockey said. "No one's beat us. We only beat ourselves. And that is what we feel like in this locker room. No one is capable of hanging around when we play our game. People seen that when we played the Cowboys the first time [a 36-22 Giants win in Dallas]. There is no way they have a chance in hell to beat us when we play our football. And that is the truth. No other team in this league."

Parcells downplayed those comments on Tuesday -- at least, publicly.

"Look it, these kids nowadays, you can't tell what they are going to say," he said after the Cowboys practiced. "I heard about it second- and third-hand so I don't even know really what it is yet exactly. Actually, what would talk have to do with the outcome of this game? You don't know and neither does anyone else."

District303aPastPlayer
11-29-2006, 01:07 PM
he went to the U... he has a big mouth... so do all the other players in the league... everyone takes everything to heart too much... (not a jab at you for posting this)

footballgal
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I really don't see nothing wrong with what he said. It just sounds like he has confidence in his team, when they are playing there type of game.

BTW, Yes I am big Cowboy Fan.

STANG RED
11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
This idiot just sets himself up to be jacked again, like the shot he took last season that had him missing a few games. Hope somebody catches him coming across the middle and lays him out again. He's asking for it, might as well deliver.

Adidas410s
11-29-2006, 02:27 PM
one thing about Parcells downplaying it...he isn't just aware of it...according to Randy Galloway, Parcells asking him for a copy of the clip on Thursday after the Bucs game and Galloway delivered it to him on Friday morning. So he's had it and I'm sure listened to it! ;)

eagles_victory
11-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
I really don't see nothing wrong with what he said. It just sounds like he has confidence in his team, when they are playing there type of game.

BTW, Yes I am big Cowboy Fan. its part of having class as a professional athlete. You dont say things like this out of respect of others. Also the Cowboys shouldnt need an extra motavation for this one they should be jacked up at the chance to when the divison

STANG RED
11-29-2006, 02:35 PM
At least its an improvement over his last Cowboys headline grabber, when he called Parcells a fag.
:D Maybe Shockey's getting a little more mellow with age.;)

lostaussie
11-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Jeremy.........Jeremy..........What you gonna do?
What you gonna do when they come for you:D

htowntransplant
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
At least its an improvement over his last Cowboys headline grabber, when he called Parcells a fag.
:D Maybe Shockey's getting a little more mellow with age.;)

that other soldier..errrrrrr tight end that recently came out of the U needs to mellow up as well and stop saying he is above antonio gates and tony gonzalez.

District303aPastPlayer
11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
that other soldier..errrrrrr tight end that recently came out of the U needs to mellow up as well and stop saying he is above antonio gates and tony gonzalez.

hahahahaha.... i dont know if everyone else got that, but i did :D

Phil C
11-29-2006, 03:50 PM
But he's wrong! Vince Young beat them! :clap: