PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or all the Favorite teams are being knock out of the play-offs.

Fotbol
11-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I've noticed that all the favorite teams have been knocked out bye so call lesser teams. Who's the favorite for this weekend, and do you think they will be knocked out, or upset?

Adidas410s
11-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I've noticed that all the favorite teams have been knocked out bye so call lesser teams. Who's the favorite for this weekend, and do you think they will be knocked out, or upset?

Andrews over Canyon...

just look at the pattern

Decatur favored over Wylie...Wylie wins
Wylie favored over Canyon...Canyon wins
Canyon favored over Andrews...????

STANG RED
11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
It's been crazy. Going in as the favorite this year, just means you better bring your A+ game, and hope that's enough. Anything less, is certain desaster.

WildTexan
11-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Just because Gilmer and holy sugarwater lost games does not mean all the favorites have lost....

Cuero is still in, and they have been top 5 all year....Wimberly is still in.....Giddings/WOS and Celina/Madison in the 2nd round were known before the season ever started, so no surprises in those games....Graham still in is a bit of a surprise, but not of a great magnitude....

It was pointed out earlier in a thread that Dave Campbell's site missed most of the Region1 picks for last week....hey great, point that out....but you failed to point out that the same story had picks that were about dead on in all the other regions....

this week, if Andrews wins, it will be an upset, and if Canton wins, it will be an upset, and if PP wins it may be a slight upset, but most of the games are fairly even matches from here on out...if not for the Gilmer game in round 1, no one would even be commenting on upsets this year being any different than most years.....

Ranger Mom
11-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan

It was pointed out earlier in a thread that Dave Campbell's site missed most of the Region1 picks for last week....hey great, point that out....but you failed to point out that the same story had picks that were about dead on in all the other regions....

I was the one who posted it...I FAILED to point it out, because Region I was the only one that was sent to me.

The person who sent it thought that would be the one that I was really interested it....and wouldn't ya know it...they were right!!!

Oh....they missed ALL the Region I 3-A picks, not just some of them!!

eagles72
11-29-2006, 11:04 AM
The difference in the Canyon vs Andrews game is that Canyon was also favored to be out by the 2nd possibly 1st playoff game. Canyon always knew they would have to fight hard to get past the 1st two games. They are still thinking the same, they know they will have to fight hard for this game, believe me, they will not come into this game thinking they have it won. Good Luck Eagles!!

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 11:17 AM
There will be another favorite going home friday night when Wimberley and Cuero hook it up in the Dome!!!
I really am not going to say who will win this game because honestly I just don't know!
All I can say is good luck to both teams on a good clean hardfought game this Friday!