PDA

View Full Version : Region III Bi-District Thoughts

Matthew328
11-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Division I

Gatesville vs Cameron Yoe: a rematch game that Gatesville won earlier in the year...well I am going against my theory...I am picking Gatesville..Yoe has Pittman, but Gatesville has Thayer, and Taylor when needed the Hornet offense can be very balanced..however don't count Yoe out...they can play with anybody..I just think Gatesville has too many weapons..Gatesville by 7

Mexia vs Jasper: Well Mexia gets thier chance to show what they are made of against the buzz-saw known as Jasper..I can see Mexia hanging around for a half but Jasper's depth and power should wear down the Blackats..Jasper by 27

Bridge City vs Barbers Hill: I posted earlier I think the QB's make the difference in this game..whichever QB plays better that team likely will win becuase I see these 2 as being even in every other phase of the game...I say BC in this one..

Navasota vs Elgin: The Rattlers beat Elgin earlier in the year in a close one..Elgin has been playing very well of late giving LaGrange a tussle...I think Elgin rolls...Elgin by 17

Division II

China Spring vs Rockdale: This looks to be a fairly even matchup...I like Rockdale in this one..Jamal Williams is a player and QB Maldonado is a great compliment to him..China still throws the ball all over the field...I like Rockdale in a close one..

Fairfield vs Kirbyville: this could be one of the more underrated matchups in around...Fairfield has been wonderful this year and Kirbyville has quiestly put together a great season..I think Fairfield and thier great LB's lead them to victory..Fairfield by 8

Orangefield vs Liberty: A huge advantage for 5-5 Liberty getting this game at home..I don't think it will matter that much..I think Alex Sauceda has a big day and leads the Bobcats to a win...

Bellville vs Giddings: I think Giddings can hang around in this one..the Buffs have played well after an 0-5 start..but Tim Gobert and Jess Buenger will be too much...Bellville by 16

Hillsboro vs Marlin: Hillsboro has been very jekyl and hyde this year..they look great with wins over Gatesville and a 45-7 win over LaVega..but then they look very beatable in other games..I think their stud back Massey can keep em in it..but Tank Smith and company should roll to win number 9..Marlin by 21

Teague vs Newton: Hey give Teague credit 6-4 is a great year for them..but this game looks to be a total mismatch...Newton by 30

Hardin vs Coldspring: Hardin up from 2A has put together a 7-3 year and at times have looked pretty good...Coldspring started out 7-0 but lost 2 of their last 3...they have a bevy of good backs though and I think that'll be enough to get em past Hardin..

Columbus vs LaGrange: if you wanna see a game with smash mouth football and hard hits this could be the game for you..2 of the better defenses in the state will be going at it...Columbus' D will keep em in it..and if they can get a score you never know..I think Anderle makes the difference though..LaGrange by 10

mwynn05
11-10-2002, 12:44 AM
sounds accurate