PDA

View Full Version : Best county for Football

Darren
11-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I know someone has already had this thread but I thought since we are in round 3 of the playoffs we could re-evaluate.

I still say (homer) Lee county. Giddings and Lexington are the only 2 schools with football programs in the county and they are still in it.

Discuss.....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I know someone has already had this thread but I thought since we are in round 3 of the playoffs we could re-evaluate.

I still say (homer) Lee county. Giddings and Lexington are the only 2 schools with football programs in the county and they are still in it.

Discuss.....

I would say Milam, because that is where Rockdale is, and that is where my heart will always be. :D

DU_stud04
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
tarrant county. youve got southlake, euless, everman, kennadale, and a bunch others.

also cause thats where the juggernaut is claimed to reside at.;) :D

wyliegrad04
11-28-2006, 12:47 PM
of course I'm a homer .. but Taylor county is where the best football is. Great rivalry with AHS and CHS ... Wylie has now been creating a great tradition. ACHS won their state championship last year and look to repeat this year ... Jim Ned produced Colt McCoy ... Merkel, well ... they're getting better. How about those Trent Gorillas? After have to forfeit a couple of games last year (or the year before) because they didn't have enough eligible players, they are surely on the rebound.

And plus, from Taylor county you are fairly close to some great football tradition down in Brownwood, over to Sweetwater, not too far from Odessa/Midland, and even some of the DFW teams are only a 2 1/2 hour drive ...

but again, I'm a homer.

It would be interesting to see what county in Texas has the most state championships, in football and all sports.

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Collin County by far has the most dominant state championship record.....home of Celina and Plano each with 7....

and now McKinney North is a player each year, as was Frisco this year, and Prosper is getting bigger and better, and still in the 2A playoffs is Farmersville and Melissa, and who could forget the 3A spread machine to the east, Royse City.....right about on the line, but they show FFA in Collin County, so they must be in....ah yes, and isn't PlanoEast still in as well? and maybe even that little team from Allen....

3afan
11-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
It would be interesting to see what county in Texas has the most state championships, in football and all sports.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54858&highlight=tarrant

lostaussie
11-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Upshur is up there somewhere. Gilmer has won a SC and played for another. Big Sandy has won 3 SC and played for 2 more. Union Hill has 2 SC and played for another. the county has 7 school districts and nearly every year at least one goes several rounds deep. This year is no exception as Union Hill is still playing.

NHSBulldog75
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
AAAAA Port Arthur Memorial and Beaumont Westbrook
AAAA Beaumont Central, Beaumont Ozan, Nederland, PNG
AAA Hardin Jefferson
TAPPS Kelley

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
tarrant county. youve got southlake, euless, everman, kennadale, and a bunch others.

also cause thats where the juggernaut is claimed to reside at.;) :D Can't argue with this one

g$$
11-28-2006, 02:39 PM

True that.

Harris, Fort Bend, & Brazoria Counties in Greater Houston Area are not too bad either. Lots of athletes year in & year out.

Golden Triangle gets a nod too.

Boosty_Hondo
11-28-2006, 02:42 PM

i say thatone hands down

DU_stud04
11-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
i say thatone hands down idk about hands down. collins country right next door aint too shabby either. i think inbetween these two countries there is about 31 state titles won.....with chances of a few more this year if they win out.

and if you add dallas county as well..... thats about 45 state titles inbetween the 3 counties and all from the metroplex next to each other.:thinking:

the metroplex rocks your world ;) :evil: :D