PDA

View Full Version : I need an objective opinion

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
so this means no longhorns...no longhorn fans...no aggies....and no aggie fans.
( especially g$$....even though i know your going to put your 2 cents in anyways.....because you always do....except you say it so much it comes out to be more like $1.26)

My friend and I are getting into a huge debate of character (for some reason)....and im going to post the two messages and i want you to give me an opinion.....an objective opinion

My message:

This is not directed at you.....this is just my feelings towards the group as a whole...to be more specific....the kind i mention below

the bitterness is not so much focused around the game (for the most part....some people it is) but its the fact that most of you act as though Christ himself has returned. For example, no lie, 6....thats SIX of your beloved corps members saw fit to send me face book messages (one of which actually threatened my life, another who wished colt had never gotten up) proclaiming victory and honor and all that jazz. First of all.....i don't know how these people know me. Secondly....i wont even be at UT till fall of next year. Like i've said to you and many aggies, you played a great game and were up for the challenge, we thought we would roll in and dominate like the last 6 years. we were wrong and were outplayed. Yet again...i can't speak for everyone....there are ***holes in every lot of people, but i have always tried to be a gracious winner and a gracious loser. Some people take it too far.....for way too long. Remember how it felt when we lost to kirbyville our junior year....yeah we felt bad about losing the game...and the trash talk was expected. But it continued....through losing the state championship.....even after we kicked their *** the next year....we still heard " well...you won this year....but we kicked your *** at your home last year." And it didnt make you angry.....it just annoyed the hell out of you. Thats how most of the Texas fans feel. We know we are going to have to put up with it for like 3 years. Because we know...that even if we hang 50 on you next year at Kyle....we are still going to here...." Well how about that fightin' texas aggie win last year in austin....WHOOP!" Like i said bro....this isnt directed at you....because i dont expect you to do any of that. And i know that given the chance....after a longhorn victory there would be UT fans willing to make a gasoline longhorn and burn it on kyle field....but for the most part we arent like that. thats all i really have man. love ya bro.

his reply:

This is exaclty what I'm talking about.
All I've heard from anyone who goes to ut or went to ut or wants to go to ut or just likes cattle better than aggies is nothing but finger pointing (i.e. your message), excuses, and outright hatred and bitterness toward Ol' Army. It's just a game man, albeit the biggest rivalry game in the state if not the nation, it's still just a game. Am I glad the aggies won? Of course. Now, I understand that both sides are guilty and that there are jerks in both groups; however, after seeing the conduct and attitude of every single t-sip that I know, it makes me glad that I'm not one of them. Coach Lauve taught us to be men of character, and such behavior does not denote someone with good character. It was a great game, regardless of which team you were supporting, in a great rivalry. Your team got beat. Stop pointing fingers, making excuses, berating the victors, just grow up and get over it.

Darren
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM
My opinion is that some people take things way to personally. I like the Aggies because I lived in College Station. I like what the Longhorns have been able to accomplish for the State of Texas and for the Big 12.

However (and this is for both sides) some of you guys need to lighten up. I know it is a rivalry but hey quit acting as if it is a personal attack against you if you are a Longhorn fan and someone doesn't like them. And the same goes for Aggies.

But with that being said it is a rivalry and without all of the competition and all of the hatred towards the other teams and players it wouldn't be as big of a rivarly. It is just sad sometimes when people can't see that they are two great but different universities and they are simply playing football.

g$$
11-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Here's my $1.26 anyway:

It's a game & great rivalry, between 2 fine universities. You get the nonsense too when it all goes down. There are idiots on both sides.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water, so to speak. Enjoy it for what it is & what it means to our great state.

BTW, your comment was uncalled for & not taken lightly. You got a problem with me, don't tell me on a message board. I root for A&M but also make objective points in my posts. I challenge you to find fault with that. You are speaking from the outside anyway - you have not attended either school yet, & your sig says it all. You are nothing more than a "fan" at this point.

Bulldog_12
11-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Not one to be nitpicky or mean, but you make a post like this and then look at your signature. First of all, the whole cousin comment is a bit offensive (and you know why), and yeah, if you want people to be nice to you about it, quit bringing it on yourself with comments like that.

turkey_trot06
11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
You know that if it would have been A&M that lost, Aggie fans would have taken it worse. Yeah, we lost. We understand, and I am not going to make excuses. But Aggies of all people should know what it feels like to lose, especially in you're own house. There was a quite a few sour grapes on our side, but that is to be expected.

As for the gentleman that wrote this thread, I don't think that this particular rivalry is THAT intense, to where you are getting threats on facebook....maybe you just have friends that are psycologically unstable...

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Not one to be nitpicky or mean, but you make a post like this and then look at your signature. First of all, the whole cousin comment is a bit offensive (and you know why), and yeah, if you want people to be nice to you about it, quit bringing it on yourself with comments like that. your sig is too big :)

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2006, 05:56 PM
To g$$....i apologize....i keep forgetting that this board has evolved into a place where people cant laugh at each other and speak their minds :rolleyes: i was just making a crack that when one looks through a thread that you started or posted......you have about 5 posts per page...mostly rehashing the same thing ( at least on the topic of the UT/A&M rivalry) just an observation i made.....is it blown out of proportion....maybe so....but it adds to the humor....sorry if you failed to see that because it looked as though i called you out.

also.....i wasnt aware that i wasnt allowed to have an opinion since i didn't go to the university.....i guess since i threw away my A&M acceptance letter and had to go to UTSA for a year before i could go to the one in austin.....i should go burn all my shirts...i'll get right on that ;)

To Blake.....the comment in my signature.....was not my own words......it was actually spoken by one of my fraternity brothers who is transferring to A&M after this semester is over. If it offends you....sorry....but you know that i has absolutely nothing to do with 'you know what'.

im not trying to get people to be nice to me....because i honestly dont care. And i left something out of the thread starter that might have stopped ya'll from getting off topic. i WANTED to know if what i said to my friend was considered a finger pointing excuse making bigot statement......or if it was just an explanation as to why some people act the way they do. I didn't want longhorns or aggies to answer because i know they would generally sway to their side.

coach
11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by turkey_trot06
You know that if it would have been A&M that lost, Aggie fans would have taken it worse. Yeah, we lost. We understand, and I am not going to make excuses. But Aggies of all people should know what it feels like to lose, especially in you're own house. There was a quite a few sour grapes on our side, but that is to be expected.

As for the gentleman that wrote this thread, I don't think that this particular rivalry is THAT intense, to where you are getting threats on facebook....maybe you just have friends that are psycologically unstable...

yeah right thats one thing the aggies do best is loose with class......maybe its bc we know how to so well lol but longhorns have always been soar losers but thats waht happens when u have a great program like texas....you win with class and loose with class......you cant say that texas takes the loss better you just cant

Bulldog_12
11-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

To Blake.....the comment in my signature.....was not my own words......it was actually spoken by one of my fraternity brothers who is transferring to A&M after this semester is over. If it offends you....sorry....but you know that i has absolutely nothing to do with 'you know what'.

If its not in your own words then you should seriously take it down, because you might give people the impression it was. No matter who said it, it is still an offensive "joke" and I would like for it to be taken off.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by turkey_trot06

thats the thing.....the people who sent threats....i dont even know them....it's like they randomly searched facebook for longhorn fans and sent out threats. One guy even said that he wished colt's neck would have been broke and that he would have never gotten up.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 06:12 PM
My thoughts on how the Aggy's treated Colts injury after the game on texags.com is rediculous. They showed no class. I know for a fact that I do not want to see a kid have a serious injury like that even if it turned out to be minor. I am not speaking for all Aggy fans but for those who have said harsh things such as that towards his injury should be ashamed of themselves.

coach
11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
My thoughts on how the Aggy's treated Colts injury after the game on texags.com is rediculous. They showed no class. I know for a fact that I do not want to see a kid have a serious injury like that even if it turned out to be minor. I am not speaking for all Aggy fans but for those who have said harsh things such as that towards his injury should be ashamed of themselves.

y r u listening to abouch of aggies on ags.com anyways who cares what they think....i was just pissed at huerd that was rediculous.....but the other hit was clean as a whistle.

mrescape43
11-28-2006, 06:16 PM

You are right. A true sports fan doesn't want to see a competitor for either team injured.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
y r u listening to abouch of aggies on ags.com anyways who cares what they think....i was just pissed at huerd that was rediculous.....but the other hit was clean as a whistle. I know the other hit was clean.

Just look at the class of some people though.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=5&topic_id=760264

Bulldog_12
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I know the other hit was clean.

Do please remember when reading Texags that they are the most extreme on everything and do not represent the other 99% of the school.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Do please remember when reading Texags that they are the most extreme on everything and do not represent the other 99% of the school. Notice I said some in that post. In the previous post this is also what I said.

I am not speaking for all Aggy fans

coach
11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
I know the other hit was clean.

yeah i know what you meen and i takes the fun out of trash talking and compeing when your an aggie and fellow aggies are classless and im sure it is the same for you longhorns

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Yea, I would never wish a serious injury upon someone. Especially one that is as serious as a spinal injury. Hell if C1-C4 get damaged there is a chance of death if breathing tubes aren't put in because C1-C4 help breathing. That is where Christopher Reeves broke his neck. Kids futures are on the line too.

whtfbplaya
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
so this means no longhorns...no longhorn fans...no aggies....and no aggie fans.
( especially g$$....even though i know your going to put your 2 cents in anyways.....because you always do....except you say it so much it comes out to be more like $1.26)

My friend and I are getting into a huge debate of character (for some reason)....and im going to post the two messages and i want you to give me an opinion.....an objective opinion

My message:

This is not directed at you.....this is just my feelings towards the group as a whole...to be more specific....the kind i mention below

the bitterness is not so much focused around the game (for the most part....some people it is) but its the fact that most of you act as though Christ himself has returned. For example, no lie, 6....thats SIX of your beloved corps members saw fit to send me face book messages (one of which actually threatened my life, another who wished colt had never gotten up) proclaiming victory and honor and all that jazz. First of all.....i don't know how these people know me. Secondly....i wont even be at UT till fall of next year. Like i've said to you and many aggies, you played a great game and were up for the challenge, we thought we would roll in and dominate like the last 6 years. we were wrong and were outplayed. Yet again...i can't speak for everyone....there are ***holes in every lot of people, but i have always tried to be a gracious winner and a gracious loser. Some people take it too far.....for way too long. Remember how it felt when we lost to kirbyville our junior year....yeah we felt bad about losing the game...and the trash talk was expected. But it continued....through losing the state championship.....even after we kicked their *** the next year....we still heard " well...you won this year....but we kicked your *** at your home last year." And it didnt make you angry.....it just annoyed the hell out of you. Thats how most of the Texas fans feel. We know we are going to have to put up with it for like 3 years. Because we know...that even if we hang 50 on you next year at Kyle....we are still going to here...." Well how about that fightin' texas aggie win last year in austin....WHOOP!" Like i said bro....this isnt directed at you....because i dont expect you to do any of that. And i know that given the chance....after a longhorn victory there would be UT fans willing to make a gasoline longhorn and burn it on kyle field....but for the most part we arent like that. thats all i really have man. love ya bro.

his reply:

This is exaclty what I'm talking about.
All I've heard from anyone who goes to ut or went to ut or wants to go to ut or just likes cattle better than aggies is nothing but finger pointing (i.e. your message), excuses, and outright hatred and bitterness toward Ol' Army. It's just a game man, albeit the biggest rivalry game in the state if not the nation, it's still just a game. Am I glad the aggies won? Of course. Now, I understand that both sides are guilty and that there are jerks in both groups; however, after seeing the conduct and attitude of every single t-sip that I know, it makes me glad that I'm not one of them. Coach Lauve taught us to be men of character, and such behavior does not denote someone with good character. It was a great game, regardless of which team you were supporting, in a great rivalry. Your team got beat. Stop pointing fingers, making excuses, berating the victors, just grow up and get over it.

I don't know you, but I also know that after reading this and your sig I probably would not care to.:mad:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-28-2006, 07:07 PM
:nerd:

vet93
11-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Both sides have their fair share of jerks, people who are arrogant, people who are immature etc... The test lies in how we handle ourselves and not what other poeple are doing. If a Longhorn fan is obnoxious...we should remember that he/she does not represent the overwhelming majority of fans and visa versa. We cannot control what other people do, but we can be responsible for our own actions. Try to remember that the jerks of the world have won if they can get under your skin...they say inflammatory and outrageous things in order to get a reaction out of you...don't let that happen. Those same aggie fans who wrote to your face book are of the same character of fan who have called me a sheep lover or sheep humper just because I attended Texas A&M...neither is right or justified in what they are doing...they are doing it just to get a reaction! Forget about them and focus on the fans who represent their team with class.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
I don't know you, but I also know that after reading this and your sig I probably would not care to.:mad:

i can see how the sig might have offended people......but i enjoy dark comedy....but to appeal to the masses.....i have changed it.

But as to my post.....i don't see what would make you not want to know me. But then again thats why i posted this....to see if i was really out of line with my friend....so if you could...elaborate on that.

JasperDog94
11-28-2006, 09:27 PM
.....but the other hit was clean as a whistle. Except for the fact that he lead with his helmet....which is spearing.

JasperDog94
11-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are nothing more than a "fan" at this point. What's wrong with being a fan?

Bulldog_12
11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
i can see how the sig might have offended people......but i enjoy dark comedy....but to appeal to the masses.....i have changed it.

Its not about appealing to the masses, its about respect for people.

Eagles52
11-28-2006, 10:27 PM
I just don't understand at all how your message to your friend was "pointing fingers" and "making excuses". Perhaps I'm biased since I'm a student at UT, but I'm usually pretty adept at taking an objective look at something (especially since I grew up an Aggie fan). Could someone explain where the "finger pointing" and such went on? I'm not being sarcastic or anything other than honestly trying to get better at being able to remove a bias when I approach a situation, so if someone could point that out, I'd appreciate it.

turkey_trot06
11-29-2006, 04:00 AM
yeah right thats one thing the aggies do best is loose with class......maybe its bc we know how to so well lol but longhorns have always been soar losers but thats waht happens when u have a great program like texas....you win with class and loose with class......you cant say that texas takes the loss better you just cant

Maybe they take it so well because they are use to taking a loss...budump clash

Sorry, I had to do it, you set yourself up (yes, I understand that it was actually us that lost this time...). And I can say that Texas does take losses better. Because that is my opinion. I see what fans here do when we lose, and I see how the Aggies act when they lose. Maybe you've encountered some of those Longhorns that actually are sore losers, but I believe that they can be compared to some Aggies on ags.com...

But honestly, I have this friend on facebook, and he made a comment about how he wasn't a fan of Texas football anymore b/c of Friday. That peed me off so much - I guess he's just a fan when the Horns win....sad, really. Anyways...

g$$
11-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Except for the fact that he lead with his helmet....which is spearing.

I disagree with you on the 2nd hit on McCoy. It was close, but not spearing, & I have watched it over & over. No flag was thrown right? You cannot change directions in mid-air. That is just fact. The NFL rules now almost make the QB off limits. This was college football.

I thought he did what all of us were taught to do the 1st time we ever form tackled. Lead with the face mask, see what you hit, explode with the hips, & wrap up. Heard's hit was a cheap shot & I hope he is reprimanded. I never wish injury on any player.

If you listen to people on texags.com, then you are looking for trouble. Same with hornfans.com too. Those are both the extremists & most never played anyway.

g$$
11-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Both sides have their fair share of jerks, people who are arrogant, people who are immature etc... The test lies in how we handle ourselves and not what other poeple are doing. If a Longhorn fan is obnoxious...we should remember that he/she does not represent the overwhelming majority of fans and visa versa. We cannot control what other people do, but we can be responsible for our own actions. Try to remember that the jerks of the world have won if they can get under your skin...they say inflammatory and outrageous things in order to get a reaction out of you...don't let that happen. Those same aggie fans who wrote to your face book are of the same character of fan who have called me a sheep lover or sheep humper just because I attended Texas A&M...neither is right or justified in what they are doing...they are doing it just to get a reaction! Forget about them and focus on the fans who represent their team with class.

Well said. :clap:

g$$
11-29-2006, 12:39 PM
To g$$....i apologize....i keep forgetting that this board has evolved into a place where people cant laugh at each other and speak their minds :rolleyes: i was just making a crack that when one looks through a thread that you started or posted......you have about 5 posts per page...mostly rehashing the same thing ( at least on the topic of the UT/A&M rivalry) just an observation i made.....is it blown out of proportion....maybe so....but it adds to the humor....sorry if you failed to see that because it looked as though i called you out.

also.....i wasnt aware that i wasnt allowed to have an opinion since i didn't go to the university.....i guess since i threw away my A&M acceptance letter and had to go to UTSA for a year before i could go to the one in austin.....i should go burn all my shirts...i'll get right on that ;)

im not trying to get people to be nice to me....because i honestly dont care. And i left something out of the thread starter that might have stopped ya'll from getting off topic. i WANTED to know if what i said to my friend was considered a finger pointing excuse making bigot statement......or if it was just an explanation as to why some people act the way they do. I didn't want longhorns or aggies to answer because i know they would generally sway to their side.

Apology not accepted. BTW, I chose A&M after being accepted to both schools after juco baseball too. It goes both ways.

Sounds to me like you failed to get into Texas the 1st time, thus you went to UTSA. You may need a new t-shirt.

Seems as though my posts got under your skin? Funny how objectivity does that to some people. You are free to choose your school, but that does not make others wrong either.

My family has Ags, Horns, BearKats, Bobcats, & others. You can have fun with it or you can just stay ticked off. I root for a niece & nephew both playing sports at UT right now. What you need & hopefully will get as you grow up is PERSPECTIVE.

That would be refreshing. And I don't care to meet you either, ever.

JasperDog94
11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sounds to me like you failed to get into Texas the 1st time, thus you went to UTSA. You may need a new t-shirt.
Tell me something G. If you had a kid that had learning disabilities and couldn't make it into A&M or whatever school they wanted to go to, would you tell him to "get another t-shirt"? It seems to me that you are very judgemental against anybody that didn't attend the university that they root for. Does that make them less of a man?

Just curious.