PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you remember......

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 09:53 AM
The stories on the news about the capture of the Texas Eyeball Killer? Charles Albright...... In the early 90's I believe is when he was arrested.

Boosty_Hondo
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
did he gouge out eyeballs of what?

Phil C
11-28-2006, 11:00 AM
He is supposed to have murdered his victims then surgically removed the eyes. Some feel he is really innocent of the crimes he is charged with. I don't know if they have done any DNA tests since then or not. His trial was in 1991 I think. I think he is serving a life sentence in prison as of today.

Adidas410s
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
He is supposed to have murdered his victims then surgically removed the eyes. Some feel he is really innocent of the crimes he is charged with. I don't know if they have done any DNA tests since then or not. His trial was in 1991 I think. I think he is serving a life sentence in prison as of today.

What??? A serial killer in Texas that DIDN'T get the death penalty? :thinking:

spiveyrat
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I don't remember that. I was probably too busy trying to finish college. I graduated in Dec of that year.

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
He was a teacher/coach that was arrested for the murder of three prostitutes whose eyes were surgically removed after their murder. Come to find out...he was a teacher/coach HERE IN CRANDALL. He faked all of his credentials and actually broke into East Texas State University and forged his Diploma and Transcripts. Well...our Journalism department here in Crandall just did an amazing job with an article about him. Some of the info that they dug up through interviews has the Dallas Police Investigators calling our school daily.

Word is they are VERY close to linking all the Zodiac killings and the Texarkana Phantom killings to him! WILD!!!!!!!

SWMustang
11-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
He was a teacher/coach that was arrested for the murder of three prostitutes whose eyes were surgically removed after their murder. Come to find out...he was a teacher/coach HERE IN CRANDALL. He faked all of his credentials and actually broke into East Texas State University and forged his Diploma and Transcripts. Well...our Journalism department here in Crandall just did an amazing job with an article about him. Some of the info that they dug up through interviews has the Dallas Police Investigators calling our school daily.

Word is they are VERY close to linking all the Zodiac killings and the Texarkana Phantom killings to him! WILD!!!!!!!

Are you referring to the zodiac killings in San Francisco?

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Are you referring to the zodiac killings in San Francisco?

yes....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-28-2006, 12:09 PM
yes....

I expect a full report on all the date from you by 1800 hours.

pirate4state
11-28-2006, 12:20 PM

Word is they are VERY close to linking all the Zodiac killings and the Texarkana Phantom killings to him! WILD!!!!!!! Really?? That is WILD!!! Will need more info. I love this kind of stuff. :nerd:

SWMustang
11-28-2006, 12:21 PM
yes....

how old is this dude?

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 12:22 PM
i believe he's in his 70's now...i could be wrong

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 12:23 PM
when I get a digital copy of the article our student wrote I will post it! It is VERY interesting!!!!

Phil C
11-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
how old is this dude?

I think he is 73 now.

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 12:25 PM
its just weird that he taught/coached here in Crandall. That is crazy.

pirate4state
11-28-2006, 12:26 PM
when I get a digital copy of the article our student wrote I will post it! It is VERY interesting!!!! Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Rabbit'93
11-28-2006, 12:30 PM
jeez josh...crandall is good at something.:doh: ;)

Phil C
11-28-2006, 12:32 PM
The history channel had a special a few weeks ago on the zodiac killer. I don't think they ever caught him/her but they did have a couple of suspects but I think they were cleared by DNA so I don't think they ever found out who the killer was.

SWMustang
11-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The history channel had a special a few weeks ago on the zodiac killer. I don't think they ever caught him/her but they did have a couple of suspects but I think they were cleared by DNA so I don't think they ever found out who the killer was.

I saw the same thing, Phil.

Boosty_Hondo
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
wow that is interesting and crazy would love to hear more i am a CSI type of guy

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Supposedly, there is no DNA that was taken from the crime scenes and the only thing they have is a partial palm print from a cap where a cab driver was killed. They thought they had good DNA from the stamps used to mail the Zodiac letters but something happened and no DNA was ever taken and none can be taken now. Weird deal. A Texas Ranger said that more than likely the Zodiac killer was put in jail for something else.....the eery part about it is one of the last things the Zodiac killer wrote in letters to police was his thought to rig explosives on a school bus and start killing kids. Shorthly after that time is when this Albright guy, the Texas Eyeball Killer, was employed by Crandall ISD after he forged credentials and college transcripts. We was soon fired and later on arrested for the EyeBall killings