PDA

View Full Version : Vanderjagt fired, Gramatica hired

spiveyrat
11-28-2006, 09:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av8gIe5qTG4grsnbXGsARuM5nYcB?slug=jc-vanderjagt112706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I notice this article has yesterday's date on it. My apologies if this has been posted already.

JasperDog94
11-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Good riddance.

Now watch him get picked up by another team and hit the next 35 attempts.:doh:

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Good riddance.

my exact thoughts

JasperDog94
11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey, they can pay me half that much money to go miss field goals. I'm not greedy.:D

handNthedirt
11-28-2006, 10:31 AM
does anybody know what has gramatica been up to lately? besides helping his bro get over that celebration injury, or was that him?

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 10:33 AM
that was him. He kicked earlier this year for the Colts when their kicker was hurt

Bearkat
11-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Good riddance.

The only thing he could hit in the next 35 attempts is the right upright.

JasonTX
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
With the Cowboys luck they'll make it to the Super Bowl and get beat on a last second field goal by Vanderjagt.

spiveyrat
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by JasonTX
With the Cowboys luck they'll make it to the Super Bowl and get beat on a last second field goal by Vanderjagt.

:doh:

Adidas410s
11-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
does anybody know what has gramatica been up to lately? besides helping his bro get over that celebration injury, or was that him?
that was Bill Gramatica that hurt himself celebrating when he played for Arizona. Martin was in training camp with the Pats...and then was on the Colts roster 2 times this year while Venatieri was rehabing an injury. He hasn't been on a roster since October 10th.

One bit of info on Gramatica, in his last 12 kicks from 30-39 yards he is 6 of 12 (aka 50%). Maybe Vanderjagt wasn't so bad after all! ;)

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
that was Bill Gramatica that hurt himself celebrating when he played for Arizona. Martin was in training camp with the Pats...and then was on the Colts roster 2 times this year while Venatieri was rehabing an injury. He hasn't been on a roster since October 10th.

One bit of info on Gramatica, in his last 12 kicks from 30-39 yards he is 6 of 12 (aka 50%). Maybe Vanderjagt wasn't so bad after all! ;)

FROM YAHOO ARTICLE

Gramatica spent three games with Indianapolis earlier this season and made one 20-yard field goal as a substitute for injured kicker Adam Vinatieri. Gramatica was considered one of the top kickers in the NFL during the first four years of his career when he played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

But he slumped badly in the 2003 season. He also injured his knee during one of the exuberant celebrations that marked the early part of his career. He also squabbled with former Pro Bowl punter Todd Sauerbrun.

Adidas410s
11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
I think he was referring to this...

Gramatica placed on IR with torn ACL

NFL.com wire reports

http://images.nfl.com/images/2001/bill_gramatica_121501.jpg

TEMPE, Ariz. (Dec. 18, 2001) -- Arizona Cardinals kicker Bill Gramatica's celebration landed him on injured reserve.

Gramatica tore ligaments and cartilage in his right (non-kicking) knee Saturday when he jumped to celebrate a field goal against the New York Giants and landed awkwardly. He was placed on injured reserve Tuesday and is out for the rest of the season.

Cedric Oglesby won a two-man competition Tuesday to replace the rookie.

Surgeons will rebuild the joint in Gramatica's knee this week, but the recovery period may force him to miss the start of training camp in July.

Oglesby, whose last season at South Carolina State was in 1999, and Vitaly Pisetsky, Wisconsin's kicker last year, auditioned for coach Dave McGinnis and his staff.

Oglesby went to training camp with Dallas in 2000 and San Diego this year, but he will see his first NFL action Sunday when the Cowboys visit the Cardinals.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service
Copyright 2001

handNthedirt
11-28-2006, 11:29 AM
freakin kickers....get em outta the game all together, buncha nancy boys wearin soccer cleats. I would've loved to see the "squabble" between gramatica and the punter...slaps, pinching, hair pulling, and indian burns...hilarious!

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 11:34 AM
who knows...maybe the author of that article didnt know what he was talking about...most dont