PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL Pick'em Game..."Official" Wild Card Game for Week 13 - Graham vs Greenwood

Adidas410s
11-28-2006, 09:44 AM
You chose it...now pick it. You can find good information about this game here:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55760

RMAC
11-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Graham - 345345048
The Wood - 1
:D

DaHop72
11-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Graham - 345345048
The Wood - 1
:D :mad: :mad: :mad: SHUT UP FATTY:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D

tigerbyheart
11-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Greenwood - 19
Steers - 15

Go Greenwood Rangers!!!!!!

Go Snyder Tigers!!!!!!

Go Andrews Mustangs!!!!!!

RMAC
11-28-2006, 04:30 PM
TBH just loves THE WOOD!!! :D

Adidas410s
11-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:mad: :mad: :mad: SHUT UP FATTY:mad: :mad: :mad:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
11-28-2006, 04:51 PM
oh and fatty...a team can't score just 1 point. So you need to make that either 2 or 0! ;)

RMAC
11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
oh and fatty...a team can't score just 1 point. So you need to make that either 2 or 0! ;)

See that's the beauty of THE WOOD. They're good and all, but not good enough to win. On the other hand, they ARE good enough to do something that has never been done in the history of the game before, and that is to score 1 point. If they COULD pull that off, then they win either way, I don't care if Graham does have more points. I mean, come on, 1 point? Who can do that you ask? I answer you: THE WOOD!!!

Rngrgrad06
11-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Hmmm well greenwood did beat graham earlier in the season, and they did better throughout the season despite who they played so i am takin greenwood by 14

TacklingDummy
11-28-2006, 08:49 PM
You can score one point on a blocked PAT returned the other way I think.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2006, 09:26 PM
This is neither here nor there...but I just found out that in 6-man football it's harder to kick the extra point than go for the 2-point conversion.

So.....a conversion is worth one point and if you kick it, it's worth 2!!

Am I the only one that didn't know that???

RMAC
11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Yes, RM, you are indeed. Apparently, you're not as well versed as in football as we all thought. . . I MAKE A NOTION TO HAVE HER REMOVED!!!

Adidas410s
11-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Yes, RM, you are indeed. Apparently, you're not as well versed as in football as we all thought. . . I MAKE A NOTION TO HAVE HER REMOVED!!!

how about making a motion instead? ;)

Ranger Mom
11-29-2006, 09:52 AM

Haha!! I never claimed to be "well versed" in football...6-man OR 11-man.

You should be able to tell that by the absence of "football posts" flying from my fingers!

DaHop72
11-29-2006, 09:59 AM
how about making a motion instead? ;) He had a notion to make a motion.:D

Lion92
11-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Greenwood over Graham 28-17. Grahams offense sputters again.

GWOOD
11-30-2006, 02:49 PM
One way to look at this game:

Greenwood's Rushing Offense (250 yards a game, 35 points a game)

VS.

Graham's Rushing Defense (Very tough on the run lately)

AND

Graham's Offense (Sometimes good, sometimes sputtering and stagnant)

VS.

Greenwood's Defense (Sometimes good, often times giving up the big play)

tigerbyheart
11-30-2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.FireMyWords.com/created/6497762.gif

gobbler grad
11-30-2006, 03:00 PM
RANGERS RULE... :clap:

tigerbyheart
11-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
RANGERS RULE... :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

RMAC
11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I think this whole thing is great. Graham and Vernon want to play again, and Snyder and THE WOOD want to play again. It's awesome. I'm just happy to still be talking about Graham in December.:D

tigerbyheart
11-30-2006, 04:54 PM
I think this whole thing is great. Graham and Vernon want to play again, and Snyder and THE WOOD want to play again. It's awesome. I'm just happy to still be talking about Graham in December.:D

Yes, it is great....I just hope that the team that makes it out of Region 1 goes all the way and brings home a state championship!!!

RMAC
11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
Yes, it is great....I just hope that the team that makes it out of Region 1 goes all the way and brings home a state championship!!!

Lord willing.

stacylou
11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
GRAHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-30-2006, 07:14 PM
When a team receives a forfiet the winning team will win the game 1-0.

Ok also I'm in for Graham in this one.

Any other football questions just direct them to the professor.

Thank you.

RMAC
11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
When a team receives a forfiet the winning team will win the game 1-0.

Ok also I'm in for Graham in this one.

Any other football questions just direct them to the professor.

Thank you.

Nice Z, nice. I wish I could see you guys out here on Saturday. But if ya'll win I'll more than likely see you guys, unless I have a final. It'd be good to finally meet you.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart

SHO NUF!!!!

The other end of the bracket has already given themselves the title. It'd be nice to see it work out so their bran new trophy case stays empty.

Of corse I want Snyder to win it all, and I know its possible, But if not, Vernon, Greenwood, and Graham will have my loyalties till the end.

RMAC
11-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
SHO NUF!!!!

The other end of the bracket has already given themselves the title. It'd be nice to see it work out so their bran new trophy case stays empty.

Of corse I want Snyder to win it all, and I know its possible, But if not, Vernon, Greenwood, and Graham will have my loyalties till the end.

Class right there.:clap:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-30-2006, 09:30 PM

THX RMAC!!

Ranger Mom
11-30-2006, 11:14 PM

Us Region I teams gotta stick together!

DaHop72
11-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Us Region I teams gotta stick together! GO TIGERS!!!!
GO RANGERS!!!!:thumbsup:

RMAC
12-01-2006, 01:20 AM
GO TIGERS!!!!
GO RANGERS!!!!:thumbsup:

Traitor. You talk all nice to me at the games. I guess that's just because you wanted to get on my good side. ;)

DaHop72
12-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Traitor. You talk all nice to me at the games. I guess that's just because you wanted to get on my good side. ;)
Well, did I??:D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey I'm curious?

How can Snyder and Greenwood be such underdogs in these games? It seems to me that after having great seasons that these two teams have still earned very little respect on the downlow. Greenwood has been to the big dance before, and Snyder was just one game away two years ago. Now there records are good and have been established against good teams. How can this be?

Oh well, maybe they'll all continue to look ahead of us, and if so, they'll be watchin us play next week as well.

Good luck Rangers!!!
Beat Graham!!!!..........................(AGAIN!!!)

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey I'm curious?

How can Snyder and Greenwood be such underdogs in these games? It seems to me that after having great seasons that these two teams have still earned very little respect on the downlow. Greenwood has been to the big dance before, and Snyder was just one game away two years ago. Now there records are good and have been established against good teams. How can this be?

Oh well, maybe they'll all continue to look ahead of us, and if so, they'll be watchin us play next week as well.

Good luck Rangers!!!
Beat Graham!!!!..........................(AGAIN!!!)
I don't think anybody is considering Snyder and especially Greenwood an underdog.

- Greenwood beat Graham earlier this year...albeit the first game of the season. Greenwood is now 11-1 and Graham is 7-5 and on a 5 game winning streak. Common sense puts Greenwood as the 7 to 10 point favorite. Nobody on here ever dogs Greenwood...cuz if they did they would get ROM'd! ;)

- Snyder started off 0-3 and has since won 9 in a row. The only reason they may not be considered an overwhelming favorite is because Vernon beat the crap out of Sweetwater last week. If Vernon had won that game say 21-20 then Snyder would still be considered a favorite. Since Vernon won so convincingly, they have earned some respect (as much as a 7-5 team can have) and the game is considered a tossup by most.

Ranger Mom
12-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Nobody on here ever dogs Greenwood...cuz if they did they would get ROM'd! ;)

:hand: Oh please!!!!!

The main reason any teams get "dogged" on this board is because of their "rabid" fans. (Notice the play on words....dogged and rabid....I was proud of myself for that one)!!:p

ANYWAY......Me and GWOOD don't talk a bunch of Crap....we don't give all these reasons why we should win and we don't argue with anyone who thinks OTHERWISE!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

tigerbyheart
12-01-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't think anybody is considering Snyder and especially Greenwood an underdog.

- Greenwood beat Graham earlier this year...albeit the first game of the season. Greenwood is now 11-1 and Graham is 7-5 and on a 5 game winning streak. Common sense puts Greenwood as the 7 to 10 point favorite. Nobody on here ever dogs Greenwood...cuz if they did they would get ROM'd! ;)

- Snyder started off 0-3 and has since won 9 in a row. The only reason they may not be considered an overwhelming favorite is because Vernon beat the crap out of Sweetwater last week. If Vernon had won that game say 21-20 then Snyder would still be considered a favorite. Since Vernon won so convincingly, they have earned some respect (as much as a 7-5 team can have) and the game is considered a tossup by most.

Well put Adidas!!!

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 10:04 AM
:hand: Oh please!!!!!

The main reason any teams get "dogged" on this board is because of their "rabid" fans. (Notice the play on words....dogged and rabid....I was proud of myself for that one)!!:p

ANYWAY......Me and GWOOD don't talk a bunch of Crap....we don't give all these reasons why we should win and we don't argue with anyone who thinks OTHERWISE!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Glad to see you brought your A game to work today! :thumbsup:

You and GWOOD are like me and Wylie...you don't go running your mouth much so it can never really come back to bite you. Very rarely will I make a prediction on a Wylie game and that's the reason why.

Ranger Mom
12-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Glad to see you brought your A game to work today! :thumbsup:

You and GWOOD are like me and Wylie...you don't go running your mouth much so it can never really come back to bite you. Very rarely will I make a prediction on a Wylie game and that's the reason why.

Then how come me and you argue so much??:confused:

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Then how come me and you argue so much??:confused:
We do??? When do we argue??? :confused:

Ranger Mom
12-01-2006, 10:13 AM
We do??? When do we argue??? :confused:

Okay...okay....maybe "argue" was too strong.

You are one of my favorite people to pick on for some reason!!:kiss:

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Okay...okay....maybe "argue" was too strong.

You are one of my favorite people to pick on for some reason!!:kiss:

yeah...cuz I'll poke back and not think twice about it. It's not about being thick skinned...it's about not taking life too seriously! ;)

pirate4state
12-01-2006, 10:18 AM
....we don't give all these reasons why we should win and we don't argue with anyone who thinks OTHERWISE!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:clap: :clap: This is what the majority of the board can not do!! But hey without those posters who like to argue - it'd be pretty boring around here!! :D

GOOD LUCK RANGERS!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap: This is what the majority of the board can not do!! But hey without those posters who like to argue - it'd be pretty boring around here!! :D

True...true!!:)

tigerbyheart
12-01-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.FireMyWords.com/created/6512986.gif:D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2006, 02:03 PM

Thank you for this opinion, but I don't think most of the posters consider the Snyder/Vernon game a tossup. You and I obviously do because we realize that both teams can do it. But from what I'm readin, Snyder and Greenwood both are not being looked at as real contenders. I bet there's not a kid on either team that doesn't think they can win it all!

Adidas410s
12-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Thank you for this opinion, but I don't think most of the posters consider the Snyder/Vernon game a tossup. You and I obviously do because we realize that both teams can do it. But from what I'm readin, Snyder and Greenwood both are not being looked at as real contenders. I bet there's not a kid on either team that doesn't think they can win it all!

Are they being considered contenders to win state? None of the 4 teams in Region 1 are at this point. With Celina, Giddings, Wimberley, and Cuero all still alive...those are the 4 favorites (we'll be down to 3 after this week) until they are no longer playing. Even if a Region 1 team makes it to the championship they are still going to be considered an underdog to whomever they play. It's hard to rank the 4 region 1 teams because they've all played each other.

- Graham...lost to Greenwood in Week 0 and beat Vernon is Week 10.
- Greenwood...beat Graham in Week 0 and lost to Snyder in Week 7 or 8
- Snyder...beat Greenwood in Week 7 or 8
- Vernon...lost to Graham in Week 10

- Even though Vernon lost to Graham in Week 10, there is no way that I would put them below Graham after the way they played against Sweetwater.
- The Vernon team that played last w/e was A LOT better than the team they fielded during the regular season. Snyder has the most momentum out of all of these teams having now won 9 in a row.
- Graham is on a 5 game roll and is lead by what is becoming an incredibly stingy defense. It's the best defense I've that I've watched in person out of a 3A team not named Celina this season. Their offense has potential...but they shoot themselves in the foot too much as McCoy LOVES to go for the big play and try to create a big momentum swing. You will see 4 or 5 flea flickers, reverses, wr pass, etc plays during a game as he tries to create momentum. If the Steers can convert on at least 2 of them then it's lights out for Greenwood. However, I haven't seen Graham convert but 1 or 2 of the 15-20 attempts that I've seen them try this season.
- Other than the Graham game in Week 0, I haven't seen Greenwood at all. They played steady and relatively unimpressive football that game but it got the job done. Based on their results and the words of those more knowledgeable than me I have no reason to believe that they won't continue that again this weekend against Graham.

All of that said...here are my picks (two sets of them)

My head says...
Snyder 24
Vernon 14

Greenwood 14
Graham 7

My heart says...
Snyder 28
Vernon 28
Somebody win this one in OT and I'll be happy...

Graham 20
Greenwood 14

BIG_STICK
12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Region I represenative woever it be might as well just go ahead and get the bballs out b/c reg II will run all over whever makes it out. This is one of the weakest regions i have ever seen

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
Region I represenative woever it be might as well just go ahead and get the bballs out b/c reg II will run all over whever makes it out. This is one of the weakest regions i have ever seen
:rolleyes:

DaHop72
12-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Region I represenative woever it be might as well just go ahead and get the bballs out b/c reg II will run all over whever makes it out. This is one of the weakest regions i have ever seen So be bold enough to tell us what school or town you represent and we will contact the UIL and have them send the State Championship trophy you way to save everyone a lot of traveling.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. Even though we are not worthy, Snyder and Vernon are going to still play their game in Lubbock tomorrow.:devil:

tigerbyheart
12-01-2006, 09:58 PM
So be bold enough to tell us what school or town you represent and we will contact the UIL and have them send the State Championship trophy you way to save everyone a lot of traveling.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. Even though we are not worthy, Snyder and Vernon are going to still play their game in Lubbock tomorrow.:devil: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Couldn't have said it better myself, Hop!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!
GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!

RMAC
12-01-2006, 10:39 PM

It's okay guys. The newbies know EVERYTHING about the sport and whatever they say might as well be scripture. DaHap and TigerBaseball won't say it because they're grown and are above that, but I'll say it; SHUT UP. You sound like a moron. You have to prove yourself and what you say on this board before anybody will take you seriously. This isn't the Pig or wherever else you post and talk crap. Thanks. Have a good day.

Ranger Mom
12-01-2006, 11:38 PM

You know what you can do with that BIG_STICK??:D

mrescape43
12-01-2006, 11:40 PM
You know what you can do with that BIG_STICK??:D

Get Em RM! LOL:clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
12-01-2006, 11:56 PM

your a moron

Who-dun-it!!?
12-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Way to get all rilled up lil stick!!!

Tiger Baseball
12-02-2006, 08:33 AM
It's okay guys. The newbies know EVERYTHING about the sport and whatever they say might as well be scripture. DaHap and TigerBaseball won't say it because they're grown and are above that, but I'll say it; SHUT UP. You sound like a moron. You have to prove yourself and what you say on this board before anybody will take you seriously. This isn't the Pig or wherever else you post and talk crap. Thanks. Have a good day.

You just took them words right out of my thoughts! :D

Tiger Baseball
12-02-2006, 08:36 AM
:thinking: :thinking: I always thought it was Region IV that sucked. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
:thinking: :thinking: I always thought it was Region IV that sucked. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh, they do....just not as bad as Region I. ;) j/k

Tiger Baseball
12-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, they do....just not as bad as Region I. ;) j/k

:tongue: :tongue: :D :D

GWOOD
12-02-2006, 09:56 AM
A few excerpts from the Midland Reporter Telegram

Ranger senior defensive tackle Dexter Shafer said it's going to be big to put pressure on Graham's quarterback."If we give them time, they're going to get their passes off," said Shafer, who has 90 tackles and one sack this season. "But we're going with a quick defensive line this week, so I think we should get pressure. That's my job this week -- to get pressure on the quarterback."

In the first meeting with the Rangers, Case McCoy threw for 251 yards and accounted for two touchdowns. His main target was older brother and senior, Chance, who had 11 receptions for 79 yards.

This next line says a lot about Graham and their toughness:

Brad McCoy said his team has come a long way this season and said that because of injuries or disciplinary issues, eight players who played in that first game are no longer with the team. But he added that the Steers have refocused and are playing some of their best football of the year.

In the first meeting between the two teams, it was a back-and-forth game as Graham took a 15-12 lead into the fourth quarter. Greenwood, however, was able to put the game away in the final period with a 51-yard TD pass from Washington and a 1-yard TD run by Washington.

Greenwood had 245 yards rushing in that first game, while Graham had 251 yards passing.

and I thought this was interesting

n If Greenwood wins, Rangers coach Steve Taylor said that both Snyder and Vernon have agreed to play the next round in Abilene, either next Friday or Saturday.

VWG
12-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Graham has had a complete "makeover" from the first of the year.
It will be important for the Rangers to put pressure on the freshman QB, but you also have to realize that Graham has been winning games with the running game out of the I formation.... something the Rangers will have to battle as well.
On the other hand, Graham will have to contain Washington, Flowers, and crew. The Rangers will need to dominate the line of scrimmage, something they did in that first meeting. I love Greenwood's OT that is built like a fire hydrant. Guy is like 5'8" but goes about 280lbs. He had a big game last meeting.
Another angle that Greenwood has to defend, Graham has some tall receivers and they have shown the last few games they like to exploit the fade and jump ball routes with those 6'4" and 6'2" receivers.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-02-2006, 02:11 PM

Congrats on the big wins!!

Guess we should all just live with it. Buy the way, would you like for us to go ahead and engrave next years trophy too?

Dork!!

mchavez
12-02-2006, 03:18 PM

n If Greenwood wins, Rangers coach Steve Taylor said that both Snyder and Vernon have agreed to play the next round in Abilene, either next Friday or Saturday. [/B][/QUOTE]

Counting their chickens before they hatch!!

Adidas410s
12-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by mchavez

n If Greenwood wins, Rangers coach Steve Taylor said that both Snyder and Vernon have agreed to play the next round in Abilene, either next Friday or Saturday.

Counting their chickens before they hatch!! [/B][/QUOTE]

not really...most teams set tentative schedules as soon as they can. Graham will play Snyder in Abilene and Vernon in Wichita Fallas if they win.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Way to go Rangers! :clap: :clap:

GWOOD
12-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by mchavez

Counting their chickens before they hatch!!

No, I don't think it was in that context. It was a comment by the newspaper not by the coach. I'm sure they asked the coach and he told them but it was not his quote.