Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Games: Vince - 10; Reggie - 11

Rushing Yards: Vince - 294 ; Reggie - 331

Rushing Yards Per Game: Vince - 29.4; Reggie - 30

Yards Per Carry: Vince - 5.5; Reggie - 3.0

Rushing TD's: Vince - 4; Reggie -1

1323 yards passing and 8 TD's to Vince

431 yards receiving with 0 TD's along with 194 punt return yards and a TD for Reggie

Bulldog_12
11-28-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Games: Vince - 10; Reggie - 11

Rushing Yards: Vince - 294 ; Reggie - 331

Rushing Yards Per Game: Vince - 29.4; Reggie - 30

Yards Per Carry: Vince - 5.5; Reggie - 3.0

Rushing TD's: Vince - 4; Reggie -1

1323 yards passing and 8 TD's to Vince

431 yards receiving with 0 TD's along with 194 punt return yards and a TD for Reggie

YAY! A Reggie vs Vince thread!:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
YAY! A Reggie vs Vince thread!:rolleyes: Not trying to stir trouble. Just a comparison thus far.

bulldogman06
11-28-2006, 02:44 AM
Vince has been outright starting so far, Reggie has been playing behind Deuce this year. not a fair comparison at all, although Vince's last game sure impressed me.

bulldogman06
11-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Plus, Reggie plays for a good team with many weapons, Vince is virtually the only weapon on that team right now. Maybe he should be playing both ways....

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Plus, Reggie plays for a good team with many weapons, Vince is virtually the only weapon on that team right now. Maybe he should be playing both ways.... lol

stxfootballfan
11-28-2006, 02:48 AM
What about Vince or Reggie vs Mario Williams?

HM33
11-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan

Oh don't bring worthless pick into the convo :P

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Mario Williams
Games/solo/assist/pd/sack
2006 HOU 11 31 23 8 0 5

stxfootballfan
11-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Oh don't bring worthless pick into the convo :P

LOL

Bulldog_12
11-28-2006, 02:55 AM

Yeah, anyways its apples to oranges. lol

bulldogman06
11-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Williams has played much better as the year went on

stxfootballfan
11-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Who is the biggest bust this season from the 2006 Draft top 10

1 Houston Mario Williams - DE
2 New Orleans Reggie Bush - RB
3 Tennessee Vince Young - QB
4 New York D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT
5 Green Bay AJ Hawk - OLB
6 San Francisco Vernon Davis - TE
7 Oakland Michael Huff - CB
8 Buffalo Donte Whitner - S
9 Detroit Ernie Sims - OLB
10 Arizona Matt Leinart - QB

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Yup...he will be great in time.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Texans are smart...they are trying to get Adrian Peterson ;)

Highschoolfan78
11-28-2006, 02:58 AM

2 or 3... cant really argue for matt leinart cuz that team is horrible right now. Vernon Davis just now is returning, so i'm kind of anxious to see him healthy.

Bulldog_12
11-28-2006, 03:01 AM

I dont know that you can call anyone a bust right now. The season is just a little over halfway through. It will take this season and part of next to see who really was a bust.

bulldogman06
11-28-2006, 03:03 AM

Everyone on this list has played well considering the teams they are on. the one I have been the most impressed with and wasnt really sold on earlier was Hawk.

stxfootballfan
11-28-2006, 03:06 AM
Do you think anyone from the 2006 top 10 will win Rookie of the year and who do you think was top rookie of 1st half of season?

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 03:07 AM
AJ Hawk - has 82 total tackles

D'brickshaw Ferguson - looks to be doing well at LT

Huff has 56 total tackles and only 8 of them are assist

Donte Whitner - has 67 total tackles

Ernie Sims - has 89 total tackles

Those are just a few

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 03:10 AM
Do you think anyone from the 2006 top 10 will win Rookie of the year and who do you think was top rookie of 1st half of season?

Offense
#12 Marques Colston WR New Orleans Saints

Stats through week 10
54 receptions 869 yards 7 touchdowns

Defense
#59 DeMeco Ryans LB Houston Texans

Stats through week 12
99 total tackles 83 solo's 16 assist 2 pd 3 sacks
Defensive Rookie of the year^^^

bulldogman06
11-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Yea wow, Colsten has been an animal this year, never even heard about him before the NFL

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 03:16 AM
Yea wow, Colsten has been an animal this year, never even heard about him before the NFL 6th round pick out of Hofstra I believe

bulldogman06
11-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Came out of nowhere and started tearing things up. It will be him or Addai who gets ROY

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 03:18 AM
Came out of nowhere and started tearing things up. It will be him or Addai who gets ROY True. Only thing is Colston is hurt right now so that might hurt him. Hasn't recorded stats in two games and has those numbers!

necks_c/09
11-28-2006, 08:37 AM
vince has better rushing stats and he is a QB.......

but on the other hand reggie does so much more than just that. punts......recieving.....

b/c reggie is on the better team im goin with him as the player i would more like to have, although vince is quickly becoming a good nfl QB.

JasperDog94
11-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
2 or 3... cant really argue for matt leinart cuz that team is horrible right now. Vernon Davis just now is returning, so i'm kind of anxious to see him healthy. So you're saying Bush or Young yet your giving Leinhart a pass "because his team is terrible"? Leinhart has more to work with than Young, yet Young's team has a better record.:crazy:

BTEXDAD
11-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Texans are smart...they are trying to get Adrian Peterson ;) A loss Sunday to the 2-9 Raiders and they will be starting to put themselves in a good position to get him.
Problem will be ; should they take Peterson, Quinn or Troy Smith. Or maybe another defensive lineman.

Drew Bledsoe may be available if they want QB

g$$
11-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Vince played great in the last game & led them to a victory. He may yet prove me wrong as an NFL passer. Heaven knows he has the other tools (athleticism, leadership, charisma, etc.). My questions on him concern accurate passing & the mental side of the game. I hope he does well & proves me wrong.

Titans have 11 draft picks & $41 million to spend under the cap for next year. They should improve quickly.

I think Demeco Ryans (LB) & Marques Colston (WR) are the 2 front-runners for the ROY on offense & defense.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Mentally...Vince is cold blooded. He doesn't get rattled.

g$$
11-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Mentally...Vince is cold blooded. He doesn't get rattled.

I was not referring to that part of the "mental" game. I know he will not ever be rattled, it's reading defenses & the cerebral part of pro football. I hope he does well, truly.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I was not referring to that part of the "mental" game. I know he will not ever be rattled, it's reading defenses & the cerebral part of pro football. I hope he does well, truly. gotcha...only time will tell. He has a great OC/QB coach in Norm Chow so you have to bring that to the your attention.

wooden bear
11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Really good topic comparing these two. Two different positons and totally different situations. Vince is doing verry well but reggie is going to be great also. Dont try to compare them and say that Vince is way better.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Really good topic comparing these two. Two different positons and totally different situations. Vince is doing verry well but reggie is going to be great also. Dont try to compare them and say that Vince is way better. I didn't you idiot. I posted their stats and did not try to compare them. Other posters did.

Leopards,class of 75
11-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Mentally...Vince is cold blooded. He doesn't get rattled. A very good point!!! Vince young will only get better with time.

Eagles52
11-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Vince played great in the last game & led them to a victory. He may yet prove me wrong as an NFL passer. Heaven knows he has the other tools (athleticism, leadership, charisma, etc.). My questions on him concern accurate passing & the mental side of the game. I hope he does well & proves me wrong.

Titans have 11 draft picks & $41 million to spend under the cap for next year. They should improve quickly.

I think Demeco Ryans (LB) & Marques Colston (WR) are the 2 front-runners for the ROY on offense & defense.

I can see questions on his ability to grasp the mental side of the game, but he is actually very accurate and great at putting touch on his passes. Its just a question of when (if, for some of you guys I'm sure) he'll be able to figure out coverages and defenses, etc.

Old Tiger
11-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
I can see questions on his ability to grasp the mental side of the game, but he is actually very accurate and great at putting touch on his passes. Its just a question of when (if, for some of you guys I'm sure) he'll be able to figure out coverages and defenses, etc. Norm Chow has progressed many great QB's including (Palmer/Leniart). I think he will do well coaching vince young.

g$$
11-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Norm Chow has progressed many great QB's including (Palmer/Leniart). I think he will do well coaching vince young.

You are forgetting Chow coached many great passers at BYU over the years (Detmer, McMahon, Wilson, Nielsen, Bosco, etc.). He did also coach some good ones at USC (Palmer, Leinart, etc.).

But, he has never coached a dual threat guy like VY. He wanted the Titans to pick Leinart by all accounts, but the owner Bud Adams said to pick VY. Time will tell...& let's not forget for all the good things VY has done, he is still one of the lowest raters passers in the league.

His career reaching stardom or not will hinge on his ability to develop as an NFL passer. One dimensional guys don't reach that status in the NFL. Ask Michael Vick.

JasperDog94
11-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$
let's not forget for all the good things VY has done, he is still one of the lowest raters passers in the league. True, but look at David Carr. David has a pretty good QB rating, yet as a 5th year starter he's only 3-8 this year. Vince as a rookie is 4-4 as a starter. It's the intangibles that make him so good.

I also love the fact that he has shown he can learn and adapt. As a freshman at Texas he was raw. Lot's of potential, but very raw. By the time he left, he was considered (by some) as one of the best college QB's ever.

I look for the same type of progress from Vince in the pros. His stats aren't that gaudy and he doesn't have much to work with. Yet he's holding his own. I think the Titans have a bright future with him at the helm.

g$$
11-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
True, but look at David Carr. David has a pretty good QB rating, yet as a 5th year starter he's only 3-8 this year. Vince as a rookie is 4-4 as a starter. It's the intangibles that make him so good.

I also love the fact that he has shown he can learn and adapt. As a freshman at Texas he was raw. Lot's of potential, but very raw. By the time he left, he was considered (by some) as one of the best college QB's ever.

I look for the same type of progress from Vince in the pros. His stats aren't that gaudy and he doesn't have much to work with. Yet he's holding his own. I think the Titans have a bright future with him at the helm.

Agreed, but stardom? Jury is still out on that one. He has ALL of the intangibles no doubt. Passer? We'll see.

I consider VY the greatest college QB of all-time, or at least of the last 40 years.

David Carr is a wuss & never will be a leader. I cannot stand that guy & Kubiak made a mistake trying to fix him. It will haunt that franchise for years to come. (they have made lots of other draft mistakes & decisions as well)

JasperDog94
11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$
David Carr is a wuss & never will be a leader. I cannot stand that guy & Kubiak made a mistake trying to fix him. It will haunt that franchise for years to come. (they have made lots of other draft mistakes & decisions as well) I've never seen the charisma that it takes to lead an NFL team from Carr. I've always thought the Texans should've taken Joey Harrington. He hasn't looked any better though until going to the Dolphins. I love it that he torched the Lions for 3 tds on Thanksgiving day. :)