PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood 35, Kermit 0

Ranger Mom
10-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Geez, I thought we'd never get home!!

It was a wet, messy game, (as it was over much of Texas). I usually don't gripe about the officials, but they were TERRIBLE this game. We had 2 TD called back and at the end of the game our 3rd string and some kids who moved up from JV were in. Coach Purser held them (GW) on our 2 yard line and ran the clock out as to not run up the score anymore than it already was.

With the field being wet, we were plagued with injuries, our running back and two more key players were put out due to knee injuries and one more starter broke his collar bone. Hopefully, the knee injuries aren't too bad, all 3 were able to walk under their own power!!

Chris Hart
10-19-2002, 01:20 AM
RangerMom, congrats on another victory and fine performance by Greenwood. I hope the injuries sustained tonight were nothing to serious. Good luck next week.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2002, 01:38 AM
Thanks Chris Hart!!
I guess we will find out more tomorrow!! We have Ft. Stockton next week. If I heard right, they beat Monahans in overtime 7-6. (I bet that OT period was exciting). We have the next week off and then finish up with Pecos (who was off tonight, due to Presidio forfeiture).

sinton66
10-19-2002, 04:37 AM
Congratulations Rangers and RangerMom. Wishing for the best for your players who were injured.

bulldog65
10-19-2002, 06:48 AM
I'll second what 66 said. I hope the injury's are not serious.

vet93
10-19-2002, 09:19 AM
Man...I hope those injuries aren't serious. I always worry about poor field conditions and injuries. Things like this can really hurt a 3A team because depth is so important. On a positive note...I look for the Rangers to crack the AP top 10 this week for the first time. Kudos to the kids and coaches...and all of the Ranger Moms!!!