PDA

View Full Version : Mustangs Vs. Eagles

IHS Fan
11-27-2006, 11:29 PM
I can't put a poll on the other thread so lets start a new one.
Time to vote on this game.

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Pleasanton Eagles

IHS Fan
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Pleasanton Eagles

I would expect nothing less from you judging by your picks of other games.

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
I would expect nothing less from you judging by your picks of other games. I figured they are the under dogs in this one. I'm a picker of under dogs

Fish's mom
11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks, And you also answered my other question. You read minds. I wanted to know what their mascot was. Dang you're good. I know I think who you want to win IHS but Does Jamie know. LOL..........Does knights and lords ring any bells. :wave: :helpme:

GO MUSTANGS

PLAY HARD, WORK HARDER, AND DREAM BIG

piratebg
11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure who the favorite is, but I know who my favroite is. :D The Mustangs come out and take care of business.

IHS Fan
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Thanks, And you also answered my other question. You read minds. I wanted to know what their mascot was. Dang you're good. I know I think who you want to win IHS but Does Jamie know. LOL..........Does knights and lords ring any bells. :wave: :helpme:

GO MUSTANGS

PLAY HARD, WORK HARDER, AND DREAM BIG

after we win this game i think there's gonna be a fight in our house about the following week. i say football, she says lords and ladies.

99IHSMustang
11-28-2006, 12:05 AM
after we win this game i think there's gonna be a fight in our house about the following week. i say football, she says lords and ladies.

To win this game we can't afford any turnovers. My guess is a close game just like last weeks. I pick the Mustangs though.

Fish's mom
11-28-2006, 12:09 AM

lMAO:thinking:
Betcha she wins and you Eddie be seating in the freezing cooking for those lords and ladies HAHA Maybe I'll send the other kids with you and I'll actually get to see a whole game. Because Royality doesn't rank over my loyality to this team,:smoker:

pirate4state
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Football: Pleasanton uses stop to derail La Vernia
Web Posted: 11/26/2006 12:03 AM CST

Terrence Thomas
Express-News Staff Writer

For four quarters, Pleasanton's Niko Salinas and La Vernia's Cory Baker delighted the 3,348 spectators Saturday at Farris Stadium with big play after big play.
In what amounted to a personal game of whatever-you-can-do-I-can-do-better, the quarterbacks kept the fans on the edge of their seats.

Fittingly, the outcome wasn't decided on the heroics of the two quarterbacks — but by a defensive lineman's hand.

Pleasanton's Sabas Garza stopped Baker short of a first down with 58 seconds remaining, lifting the Eagles to a 27-23 Class 3A Division I second-round playoff victory.

Pleasanton (7-5) advances to play Ingleside, a 31-28 winner against La Feria, in the next round. Details for that game will be determined today.

"I saw him coming, he ran past me and I got a hand on him," Garza said of his defensive stop. "I tripped him. That was the turning point of the game."

It might have been a season saver. Up until midway through the fourth quarter, Pleasanton (7-5) appeared in control.

The Eagles, who on Saturday won a second playoff game in the same season for the first time in school history, led 27-17 with 9:08 remaining.

La Vernia (8-4) stormed back behind Baker, who rushed for 212 yards, including a 10-yard TD with 3:06 left to pull the Bears within 27-23.

After forcing a three-and-out and blocking a punt, the Bears began their final drive at the Pleasanton 30. They managed 4 yards in three plays, setting up the key fourth-down play.

Baker ran a draw and appeared headed for at least a first down, if not a touchdown, but Garza tripped him up — giving Pleasanton the victory.

"That's why we're in the business, for games like that," Pleasanton coach Tab Dumont said. "I've never been more proud of a group of young men and coaches in my 17 years of coaching."

Pleasanton led 20-14 at halftime behind the play of its offensive line and Salinas, who accounted for 225 yards — 123 rushing and 102 passing — and two touchdowns in the first half.

"We were throwing them around like little rag dolls out there," Pleasanton lineman Robert Pyssen said. "We controlled the line."

link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hssports/football/stories/MYSA112606.09C.FBHpleasanton.35559bc.html)

You can also see a small clip of the game in their video section.

GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!!!

IHS Fan
11-28-2006, 01:56 AM
i just looked at my question and realized that we are not in region V. i pretty sure i meant IV.

Ingleside Fan
11-28-2006, 12:09 PM
All odds makers are going with the Mustangs. MAXPREPS is predicting 35-21 win for Ingleside. But at this point in the playoffs I would expect a much closer game just like last week. Any of these teams can win the game if the other makes one wrong move. But I'm picking the Mustangs by 7. :)

One Game at a Time!

Go Big Blue!:clap:

IHS Fan
11-28-2006, 12:15 PM
this is the first time in school history that pleasanton has gone beyond the first round.

99IHSMustang
11-28-2006, 01:06 PM
this is the first time in school history that pleasanton has gone beyond the first round.

and I am pretty sure they want to continue it just as much as the Mustangs do.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
YES I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO VOTED FOR THE EAGLES!

IHStangFan
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
To win this game we can't afford any turnovers. My guess is a close game just like last weeks. I pick the Mustangs though. agreed...we're getting deep enough in that turnovers are going to become alot more costly than they have been previously. The Mustangs have alot of talent...but at this level..that won't help you when you have 3 or 4 turnovers. If Ingleside can hold onto the football they Mustangs take this one by a TD.

44INAROW
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Go Ingleside :)

Sinton94
11-28-2006, 06:06 PM
For a good laugh read the letter to the editor in the CC times by the Ingleside BC president.

Ingleside Fan
11-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
For a good laugh read the letter to the editor in the CC times by the Ingleside BC president.

Jerry didn't pull any punches did he.:clap:

stxfootballfan
11-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Can you post it on here?

Scholar
11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I thought maybe you'd need put Ingleside in the thread title so we'd know which Mustangs you are talking about, but then I thought, oh never mind.

Chunkthepill
11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
I pick Canyon, oh different eagles and mustangs

stxfootballfan
11-29-2006, 12:33 AM

http://www.caller.com/ccct/letters_to_the_editor/article/0,1641,CCCT_841_5174945,00.html

Sinton94
11-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Ingleside's year

For the third year, we, the Ingleside Mustangs, are deep in the playoffs. Our boys have shown our community that as a team they will execute the game plan at hand and face each team with the respect that the opponent has earned. For that, I say, "Thank you, Mustangs" for the class and respect that you display.

Now let me direct that next paragraph to the following experts: Matt Young, Javier Becerra, Lee Goddard, George Vondracek. It's time you change your attitude toward the "picks." We will give 110 percent whether you pick us or not. However, according to the 2006 preview, you experts should be asking each other: Where are Sinton and West Oso? I mean no disrespect to those teams, but please use your instinct when "formulating" your info.

In closing, best of the best are in the playoffs; go Mustangs!

Jerry Marmolejo

(Ingleside)

(Booster Club President)

Best of the best in what? Wining!

Respect has to be earned.................countless letters to the editor and 3A posts demanding it won’t cut it! Have a little class and be happy with your team’s success without shoving it in everyone’s face. Act like you've won a game before and please quit comparing Ingleside to Sinton! Sinton has eraned it's respect in more ways than one! And letters to the editor crying about picks is not one of them! :rolleyes:

99IHSMustang
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Let's all say it nice and loud for Sinton94.... lets give him a big Waaaaa

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/3074/cryingwf1.png

IHStangFan
11-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Ingleside's year

For the third year, we, the Ingleside Mustangs, are deep in the playoffs. Our boys have shown our community that as a team they will execute the game plan at hand and face each team with the respect that the opponent has earned. For that, I say, "Thank you, Mustangs" for the class and respect that you display.

Now let me direct that next paragraph to the following experts: Matt Young, Javier Becerra, Lee Goddard, George Vondracek. It's time you change your attitude toward the "picks." We will give 110 percent whether you pick us or not. However, according to the 2006 preview, you experts should be asking each other: Where are Sinton and West Oso? I mean no disrespect to those teams, but please use your instinct when "formulating" your info.

In closing, best of the best are in the playoffs; go Mustangs!

Jerry Marmolejo

(Ingleside)

(Booster Club President)

Best of the best in what? Wining!

Respect has to be earned.................countless letters to the editor and 3A posts demanding it won’t cut it! Have a little class and be happy with your team’s success without shoving it in everyone’s face. Act like you've won a game before and please quit comparing Ingleside to Sinton! Sinton has eraned it's respect in more ways than one! And letters to the editor crying about picks is not one of them! :rolleyes: LOL!! "shoving it in everyone's face"?? Do you remember calling me a "goofball" when I picked Ingleside over Sinton a few weeks ago? Don't go away mad, just go away.